You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Downhill Spiral

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral:
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : That's laughable. I asked you to post the results so that we could all "enjoy" them. To use a rather coarse phrase "put up or shut up". You have never shown a single piece of evidence for any of your wild claims.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Well i think youre laughable as well,so i guess there aint much left to say to eachother is there? all the best and gl at the tables (if you ever decide to play frequently again that is)

Best wishes

debs xxx
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : Well i think youre laughable as well,so i guess there aint much left to say to eachother is there? all the best and gl at the tables (if you ever decide to play frequently again that is) Best wishes debs xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

There is no doubt that I will continue to play here.

The question is why do you continue to play here when the site is "fixed"?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : As it can't be proven one way or the other further action to a self regulating Gaming Commission funded entirely by the very organisations they are supposed to be monitoring would be a waste of time.  I replied to this post because I am seeing things that don't seem to be right. I sent a PM to Tikay about my observations a week ago but he chose to ignore it and so I joined in an existing thread on the very same subject. It's been an interesting discussion on a number of levels. 
    Posted by elsadog
    You did, & I apologise for not replying, as I have only been replying to "emergency PM's" over the Xmas Holiday, as I've had some other issues to deal with.

It was a very long PM, & to be honest, I'm not sure it was a question, & I certainly had or have no idea how to reply to it. I get a few "something is amiss with the Software" type PM's, & I never know how to respond. Arguing never works, & I don't want to be rude. But I apologise for not hitherto replying, & I will in due course.
  • edited December 2010
    The human mind has an uncanny knack of being selective doesn't it? There are lots of posts saying that it isn't just them noticing all these bad beats or donk calls winning and I have noticed it too. However think about the hands in poker you remember, the big wins and the losses that get you most riled up as you've gone in ahead or been rivered. You don't remember the countless numbers of hands in between where the best starting hand won or where you rivered someone else.

I've played a fair bit of cash poker recently and there are a serious serious amount of complete idiots that play at nl20, nl30 and nl40 and yes they call with rubbish and occasionally win but in the long run they lose, fact. I've been on the receiving end of a fair few of these players since I started playing poker here regularly only a couple of weeks ago and at times I've wondered whether it is fixed...before coming to my senses and realising what a ludicrous thing it is to think that the site is rigged.

People also say how unlucky they are that their AK lost to 74 for example. Now I don't know a great deal about poker odds but from looking on a poker odds calculator you see that this sort of hand is something like 65/35 in favour of the AK. So say once in every 3 hands the AK gets beaten. So yes you feel aggrieved when you lose but you think absolutely nothing of it when the next two times you win.

I have no idea how many hands are played on Sky Poker every day but it must be a huge number and with that you are going to get a lot of 'unlikely' hand outcomes. This is the nature of the game, get over it. As a few others have stated before me, if you think the site is corrupt, leave. Otherwise take these rare losses on the chin and forget them before the paranoia takes hold and you start blaming the Sky system.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : You did, & I apologise for not replying, as I have only been replying to "emergency PM's" over the Xmas Holiday, as I've had some other issues to deal with. It was a very long PM, & to be honest, I'm not sure it was a question, & I certainly had or have no idea how to reply to it. I get a few "something is amiss with the Software" type PM's, & I never know how to respond. Arguing never works, & I don't want to be rude. But I apologise for not hitherto replying, & I will in due course.
    Posted by Tikay10

No need, I think I have all the answers I need now.

• edited December 2010
    For all Sky Poker players,
                  If you have any idea that this site is bent please make sure you SHUT the door as you leave thank you .
                                                       Regards   Mick .
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Downhill Spiral : No need, I think I have all the answers I need now.
    Posted by elsadog
    OK, but I did not "ignore it". I have 50 or more PM's awaiting replies, & as I've had some other issues to deal with over Xmas, I have only been responding to time-precious PM's until things calm down post Xmas.

I still have no idea how I would have responded though, as it was mainly the sort of stuff which has been on this Thread. And I just don't know what to say.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi all

I feel that those on both sides of the discussion, I hate to use the word argument, are firmly set in their beliefs so before the discussion gets too over heated I think its time to close the thread. 

SkyMod 4