You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double standards by Sky Broadcasting

edited January 2011 in The Shed

Following on from Andy Grays sacking I would like to raise the following issue I have with Sky Broadcasting.

I beleive I am right in saying Skypokers producer is a woman called "Mandy".  From having watched the programme over the past year she has allowed numerous sexual inuendos to be aired including one about "strap-ons" to be aired and indeed sailed very close to the wind with her own personal sexual orientated stories to be broadcasted by the presenters.

Up until Mr Grays sacking I had enjoyed this adult themed humour and not been offended in the slightest but you can't have it both ways Sky.

How about Soccerette on Soccer AM where attractive young females are brought onto the show wearing hot pants and asked to remove their choosen clubs shirt to reveal the Soccerette t-shirt? Will this be the next thing to be chopped because some do-gooder thinks these girls are being exploited?

The list goes on, and by acting the way you have over Mr Grays off air comments you have dug a massive hole for yourself. We will all now have to walk around on egg shells for fear of upsetting potentially one over delicate, insecure individual who then chooses to throw their sexism cards about and cry I am being victimised!

Mr Keys was spot on THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

Comments

• edited January 2011
    lol oscar nice level
  • edited January 2011
    Interesting 1st post youve ever made on the forum,got any poker stories? xx
  • edited January 2011

YOU LEAVE SKY MANDY ALONE :)

• edited January 2011
     OSCAR!!! Don't be such an old woman !!!

Blimey, imagine the ''to do" if someone posted something like that and meant it !!!!

p.s love ya MandyMou5se!! You keep on truckin
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting:
    Interesting 1st post youve ever made on the forum,got any poker stories? xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    One particuarly good one, but i fear Sky may shut my account down as it could be deemed as sexist due to my defeated heads up opponent being female!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Double standards by Sky Broadcasting:
    Following on from Andy Grays sacking I would like to raise the following issue I have with Sky Broadcasting. I beleive I am right in saying Skypokers producer is a woman called "Mandy".  From having watched the programme over the past year she has allowed numerous sexual inuendos to be aired including one about "strap-ons" to be aired and indeed sailed very close to the wind with her own personal sexual orientated stories to be broadcasted by the presenters. Up until Mr Grays sacking I had enjoyed this adult themed humour and not been offended in the slightest but you can't have it both ways Sky. How about Soccerette on Soccer AM where attractive young females are brought onto the show wearing hot pants and asked to remove their choosen clubs shirt to reveal the Soccerette t-shirt? Will this be the next thing to be chopped because some do-gooder thinks these girls are being exploited? The list goes on, and by acting the way you have over Mr Grays off air comments you have dug a massive hole for yourself. We will all now have to walk around on egg shells for fear of upsetting potentially one over delicate, insecure individual who then chooses to throw their sexism cards about and cry I am being victimised! Mr Keys was spot on THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD
    Posted by OSCAR66

I thought I would reply to this thread as the person who manages the Sky Poker channel, and being a woman.

Yes Mandy is our Producer and eventhough some of the content on the channel is a little risky at times, nobody this side is offended. Trust me they would tell me!

Throughout the show the crew in the gallery provide the presenter with their own stories, nothing is said on air about Mandy that she is unaware of, or that she has not been given permission for them to say. You must also remember this pieces that go to air are normally stories based on individuals which are sent in from our viewers and wish to have them read on air. We are never derogatory towards any of our viewers or to our staff and crew members. We at the channel are a small team who have the up most respect for each other and I apologise if you find anything that’s goes to air offensive, however the incident with Andy Gray has no relevance to what we do here at the channel
    Mandy will be in shortly and I am sure she will be posting her own response to this post.
  • edited January 2011
    Can we ask Hartigan to explain the offside rule ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : I thought I would reply to this thread as the person who manages the Sky Poker channel, and being a woman. Yes Mandy is our Producer and eventhough some of the content on the channel is a little risky at times, nobody this side is offended. Trust me they would tell me!   Throughout the show the crew in the gallery provide the presenter with their own stories, nothing is said on air about Mandy that she is unaware of, or that she has not been given permission for them to say. You must also remember this pieces that go to air are normally stories based on individuals which are sent in from our viewers and wish to have them read on air. We are never derogatory towards any of our viewers or to our staff and crew members.   We at the channel are a small team who have the up most respect for each other and I apologise if you find anything that’s goes to air offensive, however the incident with Andy Gray has no relevance to what we do here at the channel Mandy will be in shortly and I am sure she will be posting her own response to this post.
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Thanks for the reply Claire,no need really but like i said in my original post I had previously ejoyed the adult themed humour and was not offended by any of it in the slightest. BUT if Sky Broadcasting who you work for  and who Mr Gray worked for want to start stating what is acceptable and what isn't within the workplace (on air or off air) then perhaps there needs to be a level playing field for all.  
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by phil12uk
    LOL but I know it :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : Thanks for the reply Claire,no need really but like i said in my original post I had previously ejoyed the adult themed humour and was not offended by any of it in the slightest. BUT if Sky Broadcasting who you work for  and who Mr Gray worked for want to start stating what is acceptable and what isn't within the workplace (on air or off air) then perhaps there needs to be a level playing field for all.  
    Posted by OSCAR66
    I completely agree and this is in practice right across the business. If I thought that any individual here was being derogatory towards another then it would not be tolerated!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : I completely agree and this is in practice right across the business. If I thought that any individual here was being derogatory towards another then it would not be tolerated!
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Unfortunately Claire this is the messed up world we now live in, where every little thing is scrutinised. I personally felt Sky made a mistake sacking Mr Gray for his off air comments and if you disagree good for you that's your opinion, but yet I hear far worse said on air by certain programmes broadcasted by Sky broadcasting. If Sky want to start laying down the law with what is acceptable whether on air or off air then they should be accountable for comments made by your programme they can't have it both ways - hope you get my point now.
  • edited January 2011
    I disagree andy gray was rubbish and annoying so glad he's gone, what are you his relative :p
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by phil12uk
    You'd be there all night Phil! Unless it involves padded buffoons playing that gridiron nonsense!
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by phil12uk

Would that be for English, Aussie or American Footie
  • edited January 2011

SOZ GUYS IF MY DAUGHTER PROGRESSES TO LAND A EXCELLENT JOB
     LIKE THIS  GAL
      & THEN SHE HAD TO PUT UP WITH THIS IN HER WORK PLACE .
     I WOULD BE VERY  ANNOYED.
     NOTE THE WAY SHE IGNORES WHAT'S GOING ON .
     SAYING THAT , SACKING IS HARSH BUT LOOKING ON UTUBE THERE ARE OTHER CLIPS
     WHICH HE HAS HAD A GO , MAYBE HE WAS ON HIS FINAL WARNING .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvideo/footballvideo/8280926/Andy-Gray-can-you-tuck-this-down-here-for-me.html

• edited January 2011

It's totally different.

Gray and Keys were blatantly doubting the girls ability to do her job right, just because she's a lass.

Everything on 865 is tongue in cheek. 

• edited January 2011
    As lots of u r stating they know the offside rule can you please explain it to the Premiership linesmen
  • edited January 2011
    It's totally different. Gray and Keys were doubting the girls ability to do her job right, just because she's a lass. Everything on 865 is tongue in cheek. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i agree.

also what you have to remember is nearly every member on this forum has banter with mandy on the tables. ive seen alot harsher remarks being said on chatboxes to mandy than that said on tv, and to be fair mandy is a very nice person and laughs it off.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : i agree. also what you have to remember is nearly every member on this forum has banter with mandy on the tables. ive seen alot harsher remarks being said on chatboxes to mandy than that said on tv, and to be fair mandy is a very nice person and laughs it off.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Totally agree. Mandy is logging in now and will give her thoughts
  • edited January 2011
    It's totally different. Gray and Keys were blatantly doubting the girls ability to do her job right, just because she's a lass. Everything on 865 is tongue in cheek. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah think the OP is confusing potentially offensive blue humor with sexism here, i.e the belief or attitude that one gender is inherently superior to, more competent than, or more valuable than the other.
  • edited January 2011
    wheres my mandy ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : Totally agree. Mandy is logging in now and will give her thoughts
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    11.19?

Nearly an hour later and she still aint managed to turn it on?

Get a bloke to go and give her a hand.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : I thought I would reply to this thread as the person who manages the Sky Poker channel, and being a woman. Yes Mandy is our Producer and eventhough some of the content on the channel is a little risky at times, nobody this side is offended. Trust me they would tell me!   Throughout the show the crew in the gallery provide the presenter with their own stories, nothing is said on air about Mandy that she is unaware of, or that she has not been given permission for them to say. You must also remember this pieces that go to air are normally stories based on individuals which are sent in from our viewers and wish to have them read on air. We are never derogatory towards any of our viewers or to our staff and crew members.   We at the channel are a small team who have the up most respect for each other and I apologise if you find anything that’s goes to air offensive, however the incident with Andy Gray has no relevance to what we do here at the channel Mandy will be in shortly and I am sure she will be posting her own response to this post.
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    With the exception of the Welsh and the Scottish......obviously !!!

* INSERT BIG SMILEY HERE *
  • edited January 2011
    yeah when you listen to the recording you can clearly hear they arent joking either, theres no laughing going on, they genuinely believe cos shes a woman shes not fit to officiate, which is obviously ridiculous. This is completely different to any comments that are made on 865, which are all good natured.

Keys and Gray are dinosaurs anyway and by all accounts complete *****. With the new videos that have come out im suprised Keys hasnt been sacked yet, hes comes across as such a smarmy ***.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Double standards by Sky Broadcasting : With the exception of the Welsh and the Scottish......obviously !!! * INSERT BIG SMILEY HERE *
    Posted by MAXALLY
    MODS!!! :))))))

I think the banter on 865 tends to be 2 way, and will no doubt be stamped on if it goes too far.
    Andy Gray and the other bloke were just NOT joking 
  • edited January 2011
    What gray and keys said was ment to be a private conversation,and are entitled to there opinions,it was just unfortunate that there mikes were still on.So should we sack everyone for there opinions.Where do we draw the line.If the remark was made about a male offical,would they be making such a fuss,no i dont think so.

Plenty of football officals are regularly blasted by pundits,managers,footballers,and the press,and suprisingly these guys all keep there jobs.
    This has been blown all out of proportion,just because the remarks were made about a woman,so if women want eqaulity,they have to roll with the punches ,just the same as there male counterparts.

Do women want eqaulity only when it suits them????
  • edited January 2011

Difference between Gray and Keys is that Keys is not suing Mr Murdoch while Gray is. Gray has been done up like a kipper , but i dont think he will be missed. Certainly not by me.
  • edited January 2011
    It's totally different. Gray and Keys were blatantly doubting the girls ability to do her job right, just because she's a lass. Everything on 865 is tongue in cheek. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So what if andy gray doubted her ability to do the job,    Not right.... but lesser than lets say the top 100 male refs,   there is no way that she got the job because she was the best for the job,   possative discrimination Imo,  Top footballers can run nearly as fast as world class sprinters,    I would very much doubt that she could live up to the abilities of her co refs phisically.

Imo people are being brainwashed by the media and they are scared to say what they realy think,  we are giving all of our power away,   we need to stop the trolls at the top level of the media controlling what we think,

I know what some might think of this post...     oh oh   we have a male chauvinist in our midst,   but no im not,    males and females ARE different,    females excell where males dont,    males excell where females dont,   people are not equal in all diciplines,    Thats just a fact of life.

I started a post on this in the shed yesterday and pointed out that IMO if andy gray was willing to wear a dress and camp it up he could say whatever he wanted and get away with anything.

They were out to get him simply because he is normal bloke and probably rubbed up some of pc brigade/mind controlling trolls the wrong way.
  • edited January 2011
    I think you're all missing a key point here folks.

There are plenty of men who don't understand the offside rule. Many of them can be found running up and down the touchlines of Premiership games.

See how easy that one was? :)
  • edited January 2011
    I think you're all missing a key point here folks. There are plenty of men who don't understand the offside rule. Many of them can be found running up and down the touchlines of Premiership games. See how easy that one was? :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    LOL  yeah   they all live in glasgow and support rangers  :)