You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'll just add a quicky hurst..... cos i know you feeling pretty chitty atm.  But you can't let this influence your mood or game or opinions of people too much.  Question is...... judging by the fact you're short in chips and a double up would put you back level.  You look down at 44......... you know your opponent has 78......... do you want him to call?  I would choose yes then close my eyes lol. 
    I know it doesn't make things right or reverse any bad ettiquette shown but you're still gonna be in the same place you are now.  It's only bad now because he hit.  If sim was shouiting call call call and he missed would you be thanking him?
    What i'm trying to say is you gotta just move on and try again next month and put this into history or else it's gonna tilt you foirever.  You deffo got the game to nab your seat!

glgl
  • edited February 2011
    ask redmond lee  about shoving all in with 44 at vegas...:)

• edited February 2011
    Terrell did comment in the rail a couple of times prior to the final table so I think that is a bit of backtracking to suggest it was only typed as he wasn't reading it.

Even so he wouldn't have had to interact with the rail to be effected by comments in it.

It was a very marginal decision and we'll never know what influence the comments made.

Hurst has handled himself very well. Apologies are all well and good but it doesn't take away from the fact that this was very wrong, and there is no way that sim didn't realise how wrong what he was saying was at the time.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.:
    Terrell did comment in the rail a couple of times prior to the final table so I think that is a bit of backtracking to suggest it was only typed as he wasn't reading it. Even so he wouldn't have had to interact with the rail to be effected by comments in it. It was a very marginal decision and we'll never know what influence the comments made. Hurst has handled himself very well. Apologies are all well and good but it doesn't take away from the fact that this was very wrong, and there is no way that sim didn't realise how wrong what he was saying was at the time.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Correct, & I noted this in one of my replies.

I think Simmy Posted in the heat of the moment, & it was not malicious, & as such, is not a hanging offence. He made a mistake, most of us do now & then.

If he had a history of behaving improperly, I'm sure action would be taken.
  • edited February 2011
    Tikay,

It just strikes me as more than a little surprising that a very well known player puts in the chat box

CALL

CALL

CALL

CALL

and you someone who is normally more than happy to give his opinion on here had not come down heavily on this the moment you saw the thread. It was a Vegas final, the trip you lead, 3 players were left, one guy rr's AI and in the chat box it's CALL, CALL, CALL, CALL, not by some random oink, but by the esteemed blogger sim, a guy you do refer to very positively on the show, if you don't call him mate it's close. Your comment to contact customer care was underwhelming and is only easily understood if you don't want to be seen having a go at a “mate”

You are misunderstanding me, there is no hate not at all, I am genuinely surprised at you not wading into sim for his behaviour, behaviour that goes against the old school etiquette you more than anyone will be most familiar with.

(you have now stated Simmy was wrong, that he's apologised, that he made a bad mistake in the heat of the moment, but then oh dear....."There but for the grace of God go I, if not you" Come on Tikay you would never do this and nor would 99.9% of the players on here, this is the problem, you will not find any mitigating circumstances, he was wrong end of, it's easy to say, really it is.

I questioned your view "in the give cash a try" thread because I took exception with your comments, I was not alone in this, I genuinely believed you were leading the guys down the garden path and wanted to offer an opposing view. I'm no genius cash player but I have logged a few hands on here, am I not allowed to air a differing view?

I do genuinely feel you have more influence than you let on, it would be odd if you didn't, you have been with the site since the beginning and I'll admit the suits line does get my back up, but on the forum if you comment surely I can reply as I would to any other poster. It is good that you come on here, but if you do you should be willing to accept people have opposing views sometimes, I certainly am happy to accept this.

• edited February 2011
    Bloke makes a mistake. (and we all do so, at some time or other!)

Affected bloke miffed by it.

Offending bloke offers full unreserved apology.

Affected bloke accepts said apology.

End of, surely?
  • edited February 2011
    Bloke makes a mistake. (and we all do so, at some time or other!) Affected bloke miffed by it. Offending bloke offers full unreserved apology. Affected bloke accepts said apology. End of, surely?
    Posted by Ploppy33

+1.  Got to agree with you there Ploppy  Well said 

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : That chat box almost seemed to be a place for the rail to banter around as there were no players commenting, hence what I said.   You seemingly seem to have a problem with me, even way from this thread. You were in no way involved last night yet feel the need to come on here and spark things up. Not forgetting the utterly trollish comments made on my latest blog post.
    Posted by simuk

Sim

Lets look at the post and see where I'm a troll? I can't see it, you had better point it out
    for me

The real issue is that too many people believe RNG's are rigged and won't play on-line any more, I know plenty. It is for the poker industry to prove beyond any doubt that the RNG's are right, surely it is in their best interests to do this, don't they want these doubters back? It strikes me as a little odd that nothing has been done to seriously address this issue, particularly now, when traffic volumes are falling on many sites. Here's our bit of paper from a company no ones ever heard of isn't enough to bring the doubters back, if they were authenticated by a well know reputable company that would be a start, how about Deloitte's or KPMG.

Sure we see more hands but the odds are the same, if your a 98% favourite you should expect to win 98 out of a 100 or 980 out of a 1000 etc, yet I can't move for Sklansky dollars. The “you see more hands on-line” argument is nonsense.

I'm not saying RNG's are rigged but I see things that make me wonder at their true randomness at times. Winning fish at the tables, keeps traffic higher for longer and keeps rake coming in not from a single hand but from the many the “lucky” fish continues to play, this seems a reasonable explanation for the number of truly shocking out draws, one many people might get, after all who's more likely to call miles behind, a fish or you sim?

For a man who was way out of order and has expressed his sorrow for this behaviour you do seem to have recovered very quickly. Me I'd be keeping my head down not throwing the troll line around and defo not in response to this post.

• edited February 2011
    this could of been so different husrt if he hadnt hit
    did you not want the call??? any pp in a 3 way is fave if you would just min raised and he shoved im sure you would of snapped him off. given the way he was playing imo he would off made the call regardless of chat. but the etiquette of this railer was bad i agree.

chin up fella theres always next month
    the red mist will have lifted by then

gl for the next final

cheers james

In Response to Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.:
    as people know i bubbled for a package to vegas but the exit hand was truly appauling etiquette by someone i had respect for as a player and a professional. This isn't a moan or whine but what happened was NOT right, and im angered by it. i played a great game when down to 2 tables, pushed and folded in the perfect spots to get 3 handed, even come back from 297 chips when blinds were 400/800. i had 44 on the sb with 15k in chips and terell08 min raises to 4k after which i jam. now he has a decision for a good chunk of his chips. the timer starts going down and said railer starts typing 'call, call, call, call, call' repeatedly egging the guy on to call. we are on the bubble for a 10k package to vegas, the dream deal for any poker player! and the guy with the decision is being influenced by a 'pro' into calling. i know coxy is good freinds with the railer concerned and he wants him to win the package but what he said in the chat box just isn't on. i believe if nothing was said in the box the guy folds, he only had 8 high!!!!!!!! when a player is allin chat should be disabled! totally disgusted by the attempt at influencing a decision that has such a massive prize on offer. and the said railer might not be bothered about what i say and people may laugh at this thread but it was disgusting behaviour. if the positions were reversed and the railer was on the other end of this as i was then he would be fuming just as much as me.  i feel sick to the stomach, this month has been a kick in the teeth and this just takes the biscuit. fuming isnt the word. i expect it from a random railer but not a respected 'pro' he should have known better about it. im not angry at bubbling im heartbroken, just angered at the situation that occured. i will end by saying congrats to terell08 and coxylboro, good luck in vegas. a dissapointed  Hurst05 Hi Hurst, I have amended your post slightly to delete the name of the offending railer as naming and shaming is against forum rules.  I have forwarded a copy of your original post onto the Sky poker team so they are aware of what happened.  I hope that this doesn't spoil your enjoyment of this great game and that you try again next time to get to Vegas. Sky Mod4
    Posted by hurst05
  • edited February 2011
    please please please please close this thread now.

I know now why i am so bald, pulling my hair out in exaspiration..........might need that tikay wig permanently soon.

And a huge well done and unlucky to rosjim, by the way, who played brilliantly and handled himself with dignity and class when exiting on that crazy quad kings river........................we can all learn from guys like that, well done rosjim....take a bow son
  • edited February 2011
    I thought you'd left fella. Sorry but I was clearing up on the fan mail.
  • edited February 2011
    please please please please close this thread now. I know now why i am so bald, pulling my hair out in exaspiration..........might need that tikay wig permanently soon. And a huge well done and unlucky to rosjim, by the way, who played brilliantly and handled himself with dignity and class when exiting on that crazy quad kings river........................we can all learn from guys like that, well done rosjim....take a bow son
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Was the most insane way to go out imaginable and didn't moan at all. Hats off sir.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Was the most insane way to go out imaginable and didn't moan at all. Hats off sir.
    Posted by simuk
    If only you typed fold fold fold in the chat box! I blame you :)
  • edited February 2011
    i did leave, but seen the responses and realised a lot of guys were talking sense..........plus i miss it too much.............i do genuinely belief skypoker is the best site around......................but i get frustrated to see some of the stuff i see and read...................i honestly honestly dont know how tikay copes with it all....................maybe its just cos im the same age as him.....................................i want the forum and community that we had last year back
  • edited February 2011

I think if we actually looked at the hand mathmatically,he had to call, 10k into 20k pot, 2-1 money......

big stack V little stack.....all three poker players in my family agree a call is only option....

on a different note,if this was a live event and the rail was shouting call from afar.....does this matter?

neither the rail or the opponent knows the cards...and even tho i suppose it is very bad poker manners,can anyone not help being caught up in the excitement?

• edited February 2011
    I think if we actually looked at the hand mathmatically,he had to call, 10k into 20k pot, 2-1 money...... big stack V little stack.....all three poker players in my family agree a call is only option.... on a different note,if this was a live event and the rail was shouting call from afar.....does this matter? neither the rail or the opponent knows the cards...and even tho i suppose it is very bad poker manners,can anyone not help being caught up in the excitement?
    Posted by djblacke04

in a normal tournie, yes.

not in this structure with 9.5k difference.  he does not have to call.

anyway that has nothing to do with the issue in hand.  the issue is disabling chat when someones all in.  which shouldn't be THAT difficult, as it doesn't actually affect the userbility of the site in anyway (unlike auto top up etc)....personally I used to work in a techie environment and IT geeks like to overcomplicate things so that their jobs seem more important than they actually are.  if they were pushed I don't think that the turnaround would be that long.
  • edited February 2011
    Tikay,   It just strikes me as more than a little surprising that a very well known player puts in the chat box CALL   CALL CALL CALL and you someone who is normally more than happy to give his opinion on here had not come down heavily on this the moment you saw the thread. It was a Vegas final, the trip you lead, 3 players were left, one guy rr's AI and in the chat box it's CALL, CALL, CALL, CALL, not by some random oink, but by the esteemed blogger sim, a guy you do refer to very positively on the show, if you don't call him mate it's close. Your comment to contact customer care was underwhelming and is only easily understood if you don't want to be seen having a go at a “mate” You are misunderstanding me, there is no hate not at all, I am genuinely surprised at you not wading into sim for his behaviour, behaviour that goes against the old school etiquette you more than anyone will be most familiar with. (you have now stated Simmy was wrong, that he's apologised, that he made a bad mistake in the heat of the moment, but then oh dear....." There but for the grace of God go I, if not you" Come on Tikay you would never do this and nor would 99.9% of the players on here, this is the problem, you will not find any mitigating circumstances, he was wrong end of, it's easy to say, really it is. I questioned your view "in the give cash a try" thread because I took exception with your comments, I was not alone in this, I genuinely believed you were leading the guys down the garden path and wanted to offer an opposing view. I'm no genius cash player but I have logged a few hands on here, am I not allowed to air a differing view? I do genuinely feel you have more influence than you let on, it would be odd if you didn't, you have been with the site since the beginning and I'll admit the suits line does get my back up, but on the forum if you comment surely I can reply as I would to any other poster. It is good that you come on here, but if you do you should be willing to accept people have opposing views sometimes, I certainly am happy to accept this.
    Posted by stien
    There you go again. It would seem you never read my reply properly. I have already stated.....

1) I never saw the comment in the Chat Box, & therefore, I'm not in a position to get all stroppy about it.

2) Had I seen the comment, I would have spoken up instantly, immediately, & strongly.

3) "There but for the grace of God go I" was a reference to you, me, or anyone else, making a mistake in life. Most of us do, occasionally. No, I would never make THAT mistake, I think it was apalling, but I make plenty others. Whisper it quietly, but I expect even you make mistakes sometimes. We make mistakes, we learn from  them. I did not, do not, & will not, condone his comments. But I don't think we need to string him up from the nearest tree. And as I never saw the comments myself - in fact neither did you - I need to comment accordingly. I don't want to be any part of a lynch mob, & I have no intention of so being. 

Howe many times do you wish me to repeat this? Simmy was wrong. I stated that, unequivically.

I am 100% fine with you airing opposing views to mine - the more the merrier, & we NEED good, cohesive, debates here by intelligent Posters such as you, the Forum is sadly lacking in them right now.  What I don't understand is your repeated suggestions that I "look the other way", favour my "mates", lie, mislead. If you  knew me, you would not make such disgraceful statements.

Why is it becoming such a sin that I have a lot of friends here?

lJAMESl is a "friend", of sorts, but I criticise him frequently. Ask him.  

Simmy is a "virtual" friend, a "poker friend", not a "real" friend, no more, no less, than Hursty is. Why do you feel the need to embellish your argument with suggestions that I show favour to one or the other?

Leave out your repeated personal attacks on my character, & we can have a fine debate.

The cash game debate? I Posted wrongly - & withdrew/clarified my Post, & apologised. But you seem not to have seen that, and you attacked me again, after that. I had the good grace to apologise for my clumsy wording, you did not seem to notice that, or acknowledge it. People make libellous statements about me repeatedly on here, but never withdraw them when proven wrong. Bit out of order that, I'd say. 

Debate all day, but if you want to make it personal, it undermines your argument.

Let's move on, &, heaven forbid, have some constructive dialogue, without the need to cast aspersions on my character every time. There IS a difference - & what is more, you know it.
  • edited February 2011
    no way is this a thread because he called, just the chat whilst it was all happening as i have stated on multiple occasions. no intentions of this turning into a fiery thread with insults galore so for that i apologise.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : no way is this a thread because he called, just the chat whilst it was all happening as i have stated on multiple occasions.
    Posted by hurst05

Don't worry Hurst.  Anyone with  half a brain knows that 

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. :   Sim Lets look at the post and see where I'm a troll? I can't see it, you had better point it out for me   The real issue is that too many people believe RNG's are rigged and won't play on-line any more, I know plenty. It is for the poker industry to prove beyond any doubt that the RNG's are right, surely it is in their best interests to do this, don't they want these doubters back? It strikes me as a little odd that nothing has been done to seriously address this issue, particularly now, when traffic volumes are falling on many sites. Here's our bit of paper from a company no ones ever heard of isn't enough to bring the doubters back, if they were authenticated by a well know reputable company that would be a start, how about Deloitte's or KPMG. Sure we see more hands but the odds are the same, if your a 98% favourite you should expect to win 98 out of a 100 or 980 out of a 1000 etc, yet I can't move for Sklansky dollars. The “you see more hands on-line” argument is nonsense. I'm not saying RNG's are rigged but I see things that make me wonder at their true randomness at times. Winning fish at the tables, keeps traffic higher for longer and keeps rake coming in not from a single hand but from the many the “lucky” fish continues to play, this seems a reasonable explanation for the number of truly shocking out draws, one many people might get, after all who's more likely to call miles behind, a fish or you sim? For a man who was way out of order and has expressed his sorrow for this behaviour you do seem to have recovered very quickly. Me I'd be keeping my head down not throwing the troll line around and defo not in response to this post.
    Posted by stien

Traffic volumes are rising STRONGLY at all of the SB&G Sites - Poker, Bingo, Vegas, & Bet. Poker Volume at Sky Poker show huge % increases, whilst Online Poker as a whole appears to be in rapid decline on most other Online Poker Rooms.

SB&G - Sky Betting & Gaming is part of BSKYB, & all BSKYB companies are audited by....... Deloitte LLP. google is your friend.
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2011

vul hurst mate was unlucky

dont know sim at all but he made a mistake and has said sorry....i know that dont change nothing but at the end of the day its between hurst and sim no1 else

if hurst takes the sorry then ok if he dont then thats for him to complane and by the sounds of it he has sorted it with sim

dont really understand where tk comes into this and dont understand why when ever anything happens its always tk that gets it (if any1 y not orford)lol but come on ive seen many times on the forum people shouting off at him why......i dont agree with everything he says but there his opinions and he has a right to say same as me and as any1 else....but ive never seen him be rude/abusive/or rip any1 ever
    yet a small amount of people think its ok to.....myself and many others i think  would of said go f yourselfs by now i think...yet he still continues to do things for every1 on here....

tk fair play to you for doing what you do 99% of us thank you for it 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Traffic volumes are rising STRONGLY at all of the SB&G Sites - Poker, Bingo, Vegas, & Bet. Poker Volume at Sky Poker show huge % increases, whilst Online Poker as a whole appears to be in rapid decline on most other Online Poker Rooms. SB&G - Sky Betting & Gaming is part of BSKYB, & all BSKYB companies are audited by....... Deloitte LLP. google is your only friend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    FYP ;)
  • edited February 2011

Tikay,

I have referred on each occasion to you not voicing your opinion in this thread, not in the chat box at the time, I referred to the chat box only because I was aware you were around at the time. My original post was in response to your first on this thread.

"It just strikes me as more than a little surprising that a very well known player puts in the chat box CALL CALL CALL CALL and you someone who is normally more than happy to give his opinion on here had not come down heavily on this the moment you saw the thread."

Of course I make mistakes, huge ones usually and I expect to be criticised when I do. If this had been posted on one of the more wider known poker forums I'm pretty sure my comments would be considered moderate in relation to sims actions.

Anyway enough, I for my part will do my utmost not to infer any unintentioned personal attacks on your good character, in return could you be so kind as to double check your posts so that you do not infer any unintentioned bias towards individual players when they are under fire. 

BTW I thought it was great when you gave Hurst05, Wacko and one other the big up on sat night, it can't do them any harm.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Traffic volumes are rising STRONGLY at all of the SB&G Sites - Poker, Bingo, Vegas, & Bet. Poker Volume at Sky Poker show huge % increases, whilst Online Poker as a whole appears to be in rapid decline on most other Online Poker Rooms. SB&G - Sky Betting & Gaming is part of BSKYB, & all BSKYB companies are audited by....... Deloitte LLP. google is your friend.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay,

I am well aware sky's traffic volumes are rising, I watch 865 and have heard you make this point, the very reason I said "traffic volumes are falling on many sites"

Sky Betting and Gaming's RNG is audited by the 3rd party company Technical Systems Testing (TST), who are global experts in the analysis of RNG's used for online gaming purposes. TST are approved by our regulator, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, to conduct compliance testing..........the sky poker site is your friend.

To be honest Tikay this was a blatant trap on my part, it seemed likely Sky would be audited by either Deloitte's or KPMG so I took a punt and referred to them. The question is why then is Sky Betting and Gaming's RNG audited by the 3rd party company Technical Systems Testing (TST) when you have Deloitte's on board, are Deloitte's not approved by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission or are RNG's too complicated for Deloittes.

• edited February 2011
    Tikay, I have referred on each occasion to you not voicing your opinion in this thread, not in the chat box at the time, I referred to the chat box only because I was aware you were around at the time. My original post was in response to your first on this thread. "It just strikes me as more than a little surprising that a very well known player puts in the chat box CALL CALL CALL CALL and you someone who is normally more than happy to give his opinion on here had not come down heavily on this the moment you saw the thread." Of course I make mistakes, huge ones usually and I expect to be criticised when I do. If this had been posted on one of the more wider known poker forums I'm pretty sure my comments would be considered moderate in relation to sims actions. Anyway enough, I for my part will do my utmost not to infer any unintentioned personal attacks on your good character, in return could you be so kind as to double check your posts so that you do not infer any unintentioned bias towards individual players when they are under fire.  BTW I thought it was great when you gave Hurst05, Wacko and one other the big up on sat night, it can't do them any harm.
    Posted by stien
    I do not believe I did show any bias - it was you that suggested that. You suggested I showed bias to Simmy over Hursty - the Hursty you now acknowledge I larged up on Saturday's Show, & in fact my three previous Shows. And if the bias is, to use your word, "unintentioned", I'm hardly going to see it, am I? - it's what you decide to read into it. I'm not sure why your default is "he's lying", I really don't. Do you only see bad in others?

You just need to accept that I would never intentionally show favour to any player over another. And that there is a massive difference between a "poker friend" and a real friend. I have hundreds, thousands, perhaps, of the former, & less than a handful of the latter.

If you were a real friend of mine, & you played on Sky Poker, I would positively discriminate against you, as a standard defence against the resident trolls. That's basic O-Level psychology, Stein, & I'm a little surprised you cannot work that out.

OK, I need to get cleared up, & back to the Hotel, in time to play tonight's Tourneys.

Hursty & I have communicated by PM privately today. He is quite embarrassed by the way this thread has spiralled out of control, & become personal. Let's move on, shall we?

Take care now.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Traffic volumes are rising STRONGLY at all of the SB&G Sites - Poker, Bingo, Vegas, & Bet. Poker Volume at Sky Poker show huge % increases, whilst Online Poker as a whole appears to be in rapid decline on most other Online Poker Rooms. SB&G - Sky Betting & Gaming is part of BSKYB, & all BSKYB companies are audited by....... Deloitte LLP. google is your friend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is a Financial Audit of the company accounts. 

A little slight-of-hand there Tikay.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.:]

The person who offended has apologised, which was nice of him, but!!! only the player involved will know, if he was , in fact, influenced by the railer. In reality though, you're just another ' bad loser ' like the guy awhile back, who blamed Mr Ed for his, losing at the table. This guy cashed just like you, also he started a moaning thread just like you. You guys need to step back a little and be grateful that you cashed at all, because most of us don't. Try and enjoy the game, forget Mammon

Kind regards 
  • edited February 2011

please please please please close this thread
  • edited February 2011
    please please please please close this thread
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. :]  The person who offended has apologised, which was nice of him, but!!! only the player involved will know, if he was , in fact, influenced by the railer. In reality though, you're just another ' bad loser ' like the guy awhile back, who blamed Mr Ed for his, losing at the table. This guy cashed just like you, also he started a moaning thread just like you. You guys need to step back a little and be grateful that you cashed at all, because most of us don't. Try and enjoy the game, forget Mammon Kind regards 
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    er sir... tree barking wrong up... your the

please rearrange those words.

Imagine how you would feel if you bubbled for the best part of 10k! Please dont criticise Hursty, he is a genuine lad i have met a few times and he is not blaming anyone for what happened, trust me. He has a great game and a great future in poker imo. Imagine having to deal with all this agro on top of just narrowly missing out on the chance of a lifetime...not nice izzit.