You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ban Sim imo. Only way to sort this mess out.
  • edited February 2011
    Stein - read the first post on page 4, then, perhaps, apologise.
  • edited February 2011
    for 1 month sim should have to tell people his holecards in chat i think thats about fair, he also has to play every day for 5hours
  • edited February 2011
    I had railed hursty in the semi and for the final even while i was still playing, i was very very impressed by how he played and made it Very clear i wanted him to win a seat, i posted repeatedly in the chat box saying 'think' 'keep carm' ETC' i didnt notice the CALL CALL CALL, and i was watching and typing in the chat box, (so leave tk alone PLEASE)
    I AM VERY UPSET for hursty but i am very sure he will make it to march's final.
    i have read every post on here and think some people are well away from hursty's point. 
    i wont point fingers and say its appauling as i live in a glass house ! and am sure you all know I have been appauling myself. 
    i do feel hurst should be 'helped out by sky' for this though

hursty i take my hat off to you for your amazing play in both events, and your classy way you have taken this. 

GOOD ON YOU MATE  
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft.:
     i do feel hurst should be 'helped out by sky' for this though  
    Posted by LIAM5KING

Are suggesting that Hurst should get some recompense? I don't think that is appropriate.
    Nobody cheated, or sought to gain an unfair advantage, and in all probability what happened made no difference to the outcome.

• edited February 2011
    please please please please close this thread
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    I asked at 3pm Dave, decision was to keep it going
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Traffic volumes are rising STRONGLY at all of the SB&G Sites - Poker, Bingo, Vegas, & Bet. Poker Volume at Sky Poker show huge % increases, whilst Online Poker as a whole appears to be in rapid decline on most other Online Poker Rooms. SB&G - Sky Betting & Gaming is part of BSKYB, & all BSKYB companies are audited by....... Deloitte LLP. google is your friend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    someone just got pwned....... :)

n1 tikay
  • edited February 2011
     Hi boys,  Would this thread be here if Hurst had won the hand.?   I am old enough to remember a case where two robbers were caught by a policeman and the youngest told the other older one who had a gun to shoot the policeman. He did and killed him.  At the Trial the youngster who shouted shoot him got Hanged. It was deemed the robber with the gun would not have pulled the trigger if he had not shouted shot.   Please draw your own conclusions.  TK is old enough to remember this Trial.!    
    Posted by logdon
    I most certainly do!

"Let him have it, Chris"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Bentley_case
  • edited February 2011
     Hi boys,  Would this thread be here if Hurst had won the hand.?   I am old enough to remember a case where two robbers were caught by a policeman and the youngest told the other older one who had a gun to shoot the policeman. He did and killed him.  At the Trial the youngster who shouted shoot him got Hanged. It was deemed the robber with the gun would not have pulled the trigger if he had not shouted shot.   Please draw your own conclusions.  TK is old enough to remember this Trial.!    
    Posted by logdon
    Actually he shouted "Let him have it" and his defence team argued that he was telling his partner to hand the gun over to the policeman.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Actually he shouted "Give it to him" and his defence team argued that he was telling his partner to hand the gun over to the policeman.
    Posted by Seagull158
    I don't think he said that. The Trial testimony was that he said "let him have it, Chris".

But maybe my sources are incorrect. There's been enough arguing for one day!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : I don't think he said that. The Trial testimony was that he said "let him have it, Chris". But maybe my sources are incorrect. There's been enough arguing for one day!
    Posted by tikay1
    I concede and I've edited my post! I thought it was "give it to him" but, either way, it was open to interpretation.
  • edited February 2011
    Some eyewitnesses testified that Bentley didn't actually say ANYTHING before Craig pulled the trigger!

Either way, his execution was a disgusting miscarriage of justice and helped turn public opinion against the death penalty.

• edited February 2011
    I would like to make the final post on this thread by saying how appalling it is that nobody has commented in the entire thread on the appalling spelling in the thread title.
  • edited February 2011
    Some eyewitnesses testified that Bentley didn't actually say ANYTHING before Craig pulled the trigger! Either way, his execution was a disgusting miscarriage of justice and helped turn public opinion against the death penalty.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    and Bentley was posthumously pardoned in 1998.
  • edited February 2011
    My info was that he said let him have it. He was convicted on the principle of law known as joint enterprise. I dont believe this applies to the case heard today .
  • edited February 2011

all very well but did he type "let him have it" in a chatbox?

• edited February 2011
    My info was that he said let him have it. He was convicted on the principle of law known as joint enterprise . I dont believe this applies to the case heard today .
    Posted by penguin7
    Several (corrupt) police officers testified that he said words to the effect of "Let him have it."

No-one knows for sure.

As Craig was underage, they couldn't hang him.  So they decided to execute a mentally ill person instead.

• edited February 2011
    wow this thread has taken a dif direction.  takes me back to my GCSE English coursework!
  • edited February 2011
    wow this thread has taken a dif direction.  takes me back to my GCSE English coursework!
    Posted by scotty77
    Ryan, it's at least a week since you promised to change that avatar! ;)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : Ryan, it's at least a week since you promised to change that avatar! ;)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    doing it now :)  cheers for the rminder
  • edited February 2011
    Gave rise to the song "Let him dangle" by Elvis Costello from the 1989 album "Spike".

My only comment about the more pressing matter is that it is all a distraction from the real issue of the rng that provided quad k's versus top boat.

In fact for hursty/sim.....read Lee Harvey Oswald / Jack Ruby.......with Rosjim as JFK!
  • edited February 2011
    Gave rise to the song "Let him dangle" by Elvis Costello from the 1989 album "Spike". My only comment about the more pressing matter is that it is all a distraction from the real issue of the rng that provided quad k's versus top boat. In fact for hursty/sim.....read Lee Harvey Oswald / Jack Ruby.......with Rosjim as JFK!
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    And Tony 'Tikay' Kendall as Clay Shaw...

• edited February 2011
    on the subject of avatars does mine look like my table avatar? lol i dont have a really red hoody :(
  • edited March 2011
    i have just spent the last hour reading every post on this thread, and my eyes hurt..however it all got a little out of control back there and for some reason the person who was getting the most upset was not even involved in any of it,someone has serious attention seeking issues!!!..hurst has shown all the class in the world and sim has been a man and apologised for what he agrees is a mistake, i think in the same situation i would of went away and came back a week later after the dust settled, so +1 for being a man...i hope the no chat when all in thing comes in soon as it is certainly a great idea.....as for tikay being personally attacked and abused, this is rather sickening and i hope people involved realise this and they are as big a man as sim and apologies. i also have no idea what hartigan is on about but then i never do, think im to stupid
  • edited March 2011
    +1 to the above took me ages to catch up here

VUL Hursty, you will get there i have faith dude top player
  • edited March 2011
    Clay Shaw as played by Tommy Lee Jones lol i do see the likeness :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. : I do not believe I did show any bias - it was you that suggested that. You suggested I showed bias to Simmy over Hursty - the Hursty you now acknowledge I larged up on Saturday's Show, & in fact my three previous Shows. And if the bias is, to use your word, "unintentioned", I'm hardly going to see it, am I? - it's what you decide to read into it. I'm not sure why your default is "he's lying", I really don't. Do you only see bad in others? You just need to accept that I would never intentionally show favour to any player over another. And that there is a massive difference between a "poker friend" and a real friend. I have hundreds, thousands, perhaps, of the former, & less than a handful of the latter. If you were a real friend of mine, & you played on Sky Poker, I would positively discriminate against you, as a standard defence against the resident trolls. That's basic O-Level psychology, Stein, & I'm a little surprised you cannot work that out.   OK, I need to get cleared up, & back to the Hotel, in time to play tonight's Tourneys. Hursty & I have communicated by PM privately today. He is quite embarrassed by the way this thread has spiralled out of control, & become personal. Let's move on, shall we? Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay,

The majority of the community will be pleased to hear this will be my last post on this thread, I wasn't going to post again but I can not let this statement by you remain unchallenged.

"I do not believe I did show any bias - it was you that suggested that. You suggested I showed bias to Simmy over Hursty - the Hursty you now acknowledge I larged up on Saturday's Show, & in fact my three previous Shows."

I challenge you and indeed anyone on here to show where I said or indeed even suggested that you showed bias to Simmy over Hursty, my original point was that I was surprised you did not immediately come out and criticised sim on this thread for his obvious poor judgement.

It is little wonder I am so often criticised on here when my posts, that are clear for all to read, are misrepresented so blatantly.

Unless anyone comes up with the said evidence I agree lets move on.

• edited March 2011
                            If I or indeed the vast majority of us had done this I am sure you would have had an instant opinion and rightly so, but this appears to be a case of Sim's me mate etc, etc, so contact customer care.                           
    Now please ess tee eff you and gee tee eff oh aye ess aye pee.
    Seriously dude...... you need to get laid or something
    Bye
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. :   Tikay,   The majority of the community will be pleased to hear this will be my last post on this thread, I wasn't going to post again but I can not let this statement by you remain unchallenged. "I do not believe I did show any bias - it was you that suggested that. You suggested I showed bias to Simmy over Hursty - the Hursty you now acknowledge I larged up on Saturday's Show, & in fact my three previous Shows." I challenge you and indeed anyone on here to show where I said or indeed even suggested that you showed bias to Simmy over Hursty, my original point was that I was surprised you did not immediately come out and criticised sim on this thread for his obvious poor judgement. It is little wonder I am so often criticised on here when my posts, that are clear for all to read, are misrepresented so blatantly. Unless anyone comes up with the said evidence I agree lets move on.
    Posted by stien
    By suggesting that Tikay avoided commenting at first as he was "mates" with Simuk, you were obviously implying a bias for Simuk ahead of other players.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Appauling chat etiquette on the bubble on VLV ft. :   Tikay,   The majority of the community will be pleased to hear this will be my last post on this thread, I wasn't going to post again but I can not let this statement by you remain unchallenged. "I do not believe I did show any bias - it was you that suggested that. You suggested I showed bias to Simmy over Hursty - the Hursty you now acknowledge I larged up on Saturday's Show, & in fact my three previous Shows." I challenge you and indeed anyone on here to show where I said or indeed even suggested that you showed bias to Simmy over Hursty, my original point was that I was surprised you did not immediately come out and criticised sim on this thread for his obvious poor judgement. It is little wonder I am so often criticised on here when my posts, that are clear for all to read, are misrepresented so blatantly. Unless anyone comes up with the said evidence I agree lets move on.
    Posted by stien
    M'Lord,

I present Exhibit 1.

"......If I or indeed the vast majority of us had done this I am sure you would have had an instant opinion and rightly so, but this appears to be a case of Sim's me mate....."

However, we need to move on, so if it makes you happy, I'll concede the point.

Case dismissed.