You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

In The Well, #1. Wacko 90.

1235»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90.:
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Sattellited in for £12 pounds mate :)
    Posted by Wacko90
    Nice!... one day christian, one day.

Thanks for the reply :-)
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Wacko, some great questions and answers on here. I see you're studying at Northampton Uni, so have you ever been to watch Northampton play? And who do you think should be our new manager?
    Posted by splashies
    Peter Taylor ;-)
  • edited March 2011

Normally, these ITW's last 1 or 2 days, & then die.

This is going incredibly well, & as long as it continues to deliver, & the Wackster does not mind fielding the questions, it'll stay "open for business". It may well last another day or two, we'll see.

Once it reaches a natural conclusion, we'll start ITW # 2, with a new subject.

How lucky did we get with The Wackster as the first subject?

Immense thanks are due to to him on behalf of everyone on the Community, & to everyone who threw him questions, too.

I could not be more pleased with this. We just got a bit better.
  • edited March 2011
    whats it like being in a well?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Peter Taylor ;-)
    Posted by christiann
    I wouldn't wish him on any club.
  • edited March 2011
    At one point i was a few hundred pound down, then i turned it around. I know this feeling way too well lol Glad to see you are making a huge success from MTT's although my question is not sure if its been asked when you hit a downswing is there any specific way you cope with it do you just do your thing and play through it or is there something you specifically do for a couple days or so to take your mind off the game then come back fresh ?? also nice to share a table with you on monday in one of the deepstacks see you on the tables monday maybe in the forum dtd and hopefully in the bigger mtts someday soon when i can get rid of my downswing lol
    Posted by delaney09
    Generally I try play through it. The thing that affects me most is my confidence, if my confidence drops so does my standard of play, i fmy confidence is high then i profit successfully! If downswings are affecting your game then i guess its down to the individual as to what you want to do. I play through downswings, but one thing i would say is stick with the deepies. When your getting ul the best place to go is surely the place where you can get unlucky a number of times and still be in the tournament? So if you are suffering, play cheap deepies, tighten up a little and really concentrate on playing to the best of your ability and your swing should end!

Was a good game, still cannot believe your stack ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Wacko, some great questions and answers on here. I see you're studying at Northampton Uni, so have you ever been to watch Northampton play? And who do you think should be our new manager?
    Posted by splashies
    I havnt been no! :( gibe me some info, should i go???
  • edited March 2011
    whats it like being in a well?
    Posted by hurst05
    Its a cold dark place hurst. But strangely enjoyable ;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : I havnt been no! :( gibe me some info, should i go???
    Posted by Wacko90
    You should go because we have a new manager now, Gary Johnson! I remeber about 5 years ago when Hull were in our league. Those were the days!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : You should go because we have a new manager now, Gary Johnson! I remeber about 5 years ago when Hull were in our league. Those were the days!
    Posted by splashies
    Thise were the days, division 3?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Thise were the days, division 3?
    Posted by Wacko90
    Yes now called league 2. haha. We are still here though! If you ever wanna go, give me a shout. I sadly have to go to every game.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Yes now called league 2. haha. We are still here though! If you ever wanna go, give me a shout. I sadly have to go to every game.
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah wouldnt mind going somtime, im off welly road so its not too far! ;) o dear....
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Yeah wouldnt mind going somtime, im off welly road so its not too far! ;) o dear....
    Posted by Wacko90
    haha, oh dear indeed. I have a season ticket with my gf and she cant always make it, so if i have a free ticket il give you a shout. If not it's £19 a game, which IMO is a rip off for league 2 football.

Catch up with you later! Run good!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : haha, oh dear indeed. I have a season ticket with my gf and she cant always make it, so if i have a free ticket il give you a shout. If not it's £19 a game, which IMO is a rip off for league 2 football. Catch up with you later! Run good!
    Posted by splashies
    £19! Haha il give you a shout i think mate! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Wacko, can you surmise this thread in 2 sentences please?

It's far too much for my concentration span.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Generally I try play through it. The thing that affects me most is my confidence, if my confidence drops so does my standard of play, i fmy confidence is high then i profit successfully! If downswings are affecting your game then i guess its down to the individual as to what you want to do. I play through downswings, but one thing i would say is stick with the deepies. When your getting ul the best place to go is surely the place where you can get unlucky a number of times and still be in the tournament? So if you are suffering, play cheap deepies, tighten up a little and really concentrate on playing to the best of your ability and your swing should end! Was a good game, still cannot believe your stack ;)
    Posted by Wacko90

Great answer.... yeah i have no worries with the tightening up bit anyways im a BIG NIT ;)lol think that covers my poker style ill also add i only play AA and KK lol yeah i usually play through it on here by playing a few small HU games or go on to the one other site that i play on and just play the little $1-$5 mtts where you find those thousands of donks in one tournament just wanting to give you chips for fun... but yeah i had a massive chip lead at that point was gettting dealt everything and maximising every big hand still managed to come 2nd though haha i think mondays are my day though made the final table in that deepie monday and came 2nd then on monday 14th feb i made the final table of the tsp classic which fortunately i won and now shows me a profit on sky thanks to that tournament lol see you in the tourneys monday then hopefully this time on the final table lol
  • edited March 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Wacko90 Small blind  300.00 300.00 29930.00
    EBBERDON Big blind  600.00 900.00 17193.33
      Your hole cards

SoLack Fold     
    GREGHOGG Raise  1500.00 2400.00 9981.66
    SUPERNOVA Fold     
    Wacko90 Call  1200.00 3600.00 28730.00
    EBBERDON Fold     
    Flop

• Q

Wacko90 Check     
    GREGHOGG Check     
    Turn

Wacko90 Check     
    GREGHOGG Bet  1200.00 4800.00 8781.66
    Wacko90 Call  1200.00 6000.00 27530.00
    River

• Q

Wacko90 Check     
    GREGHOGG Bet  3000.00 9000.00 5781.66
    Wacko90 Fold     
    GREGHOGG Muck     
    GREGHOGG Win  6000.00  11781.66
    GREGHOGG Return  3000.00 0.00 14781.66
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Wacko,

Do you think this thread will affect your success as everyone basically knows your game in fine detail now?
  • edited March 2011
    Wacko, can you surmise this thread in 2 sentences please?   It's far too much for my concentration span.
    Posted by bandini
    erm two sentences!? no!!
  • edited March 2011
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Wacko90 Small blind   300.00 300.00 29930.00 EBBERDON Big blind   600.00 900.00 17193.33   Your hole cards 4 7       SoLack Fold         GREGHOGG Raise   1500.00 2400.00 9981.66 SUPERNOVA Fold         Wacko90 Call   1200.00 3600.00 28730.00 EBBERDON Fold         Flop     10 10 Q       Wacko90 Check         GREGHOGG Check         Turn     2       Wacko90 Check         GREGHOGG Bet   1200.00 4800.00 8781.66 Wacko90 Call   1200.00 6000.00 27530.00 River     Q       Wacko90 Check         GREGHOGG Bet   3000.00 9000.00 5781.66 Wacko90 Fold         GREGHOGG Muck         GREGHOGG Win   6000.00   11781.66 GREGHOGG Return   3000.00 0.00 14781.66
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Love it Greg! Your probably wondering why i called the turn :) I only called to represent something on the river, but with the Q coming it was a really bad board to try and bluff as youd call with the Q or a ten or maybe even an ace, so i decided to give it up :) Nice bet though ;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: In The Well, #1. Wacko 90. : Love it Greg! Your probably wondering why i called the turn :) I only called to represent something on the river, but with the Q coming it was a really bad board to try and bluff as youd call with the Q or a ten or maybe even an ace, so i decided to give it up :) Nice bet though ;)
    Posted by Wacko90
    you were gonna reverse float me... you sick puppy lol.

yes well im not sure what i was repping but i luckily got it through! Im such a nit you see:)
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Wacko, Do you think this thread will affect your success as everyone basically knows your game in fine detail now?
    Posted by torryboy
    Hi Torryboy,

Tbh im not sure. I dont think itl affect it that much because people knew what i was like anyway (my name kinds gives it away ;) If it does start be a problem then il try and find a way to change my game so this thread actually helps me..:)