You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Coming up LIVE on Sky Poker TV this week

1235»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    There may, or may not be some discussion about me finishing in tonight's TSP in 17th and Ed finishing...on the bubble in theThursday's show.

Watch this space! ;) 
  • edited March 2011

OK, so looking ahead to this week’s shows on 865.

On Thursday and Saturday it’s a Hartigan/Kendall sandwich with a couple of guests as the filling.

And with that rather unpleasant image in our heads, let’s find out who...

On Thursday (17th) at 8pm the dynamic duo present the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. And joining them for the night is poker journalist Barry Carter...

His blog can be found here 

He’s also just written a book about the mental aspect of the game, so this might be the angle to take with the man re-your questions. He’s spent the last year translating the complex ideas of a psychologist on poker in a way you and I’d understand.

Here’s the book cover...

Then on Saturday at 9pm- it’s Mastercash and Cash 300. Tikay and James are back and this time joined by Team Sky Poker member Robbie Rott, making his TV debut- so please wish him well.

Finally on Sunday at 9m- I’ll be here this time with the still grief-stricken Trevor Harris (mourning the loss of 3 cups this season for his beloved Arsenal, and possibly a 4th!) for the biggest game of the week. The £55 Primo.

No guests, but plenty of bells and whistles and no doubt the odd round of Disastermind thrown in for good measure.

So. There you have it. Sky Poker TV this week. Any questions? Let me know below and I’ll do my best to answer them!

• edited March 2011

Thurs 24th March is a biggie on the channel.

It’s the £15,000 guaranteed Sky Sports Bounty Hunter, it will be simulcast on Sky Sports 4 and here’s the line-up…

Yes,  joining Tikay and I, live on air for 4 hours of poker analysis, will be none other than former bookmaker turned poker-pro, Irish Open winner, columnist, media personality and big player staker- Neil ‘Bad Beat’ Channing!

Anyone who's listened to Neil do commentary on various poker shows (including being my co-host on Channel 4’s Late Night Poker earlier this year) will know they’re in for a treat on Thursday. Not only is Neil a very intelligent and eloquent analyst of the game, but he’s also very funny and will surely give Tikay some aggro too!

Here’s the blurb on Neil from the Hendon Mob site which I think sets the scene on the man nicely:

“There's been a lot of talk about Neil "Bad Beat" Channing recently, although it must be said it's Neil himself who has done most of the talking.

2008 was an annus bloody amazingus for the likeable Londoner, when Neil was transformed from tournament donator to champion.

He absolutely cleaned up. There were signs that he had upped his game in 2007 that he had finally worked out how to play tournaments with a semi final appearance at the Poker Million and several impressive finishes in EPT, UKPT and GCBPT events. But, it was his win at the Irish Open worth well over $1 million which signalled that tight/passive wasn't the way forward against the young tyros. He went on to anchor the British teams victory in the Nations Cup and cash an incredible 7 times at the WSOP. Other impressive results meant Neil was right there with every chance until the years end in the "European Player of Year" race.

A final word of advice. There are two places you wouldn't want to be trapped with Neil. Firstly, you don't want him on your left in a poker tournament. He will severely damage your stack. Secondly, you wouldn't want to be trapped in a lift with him. He would severely damage your eardrums.

Neil is going to be the perfect candidiate for your email and forum post questions on the game, as he'll never be short of an answer!

So for an evening with Channing, Kendall and Orford talking poker, poker, poker you know what to do: find 865 or hit the stream on the homepage this Thursday night at 8!

• edited March 2011

Hi all,

Firstly- can I say how much everyone here at Sky Poker appreciates all the messages of support we’ve received from you telling us how much you’re enjoying our recent shows with special poker guests.

It’s given the channel a new lease of life and has clearly moved it on from beginner status to the next level. James Keys, Sam Trickett, Neil Channing etc- they’ve all been excellent and Carlo Citrone the other night was a revelation.  He demonstrated a deep understanding of the game from years of experience and had a superb way of putting his point across.

We’re on a roll now and we were due to have ANOTHER guest-show this Thursday with WSOP bracelet winner James Dempsey. Alas though, he’s had to pull out this time!

(I’m reliably informed though that he will be back at a later date- so watch this space)

But the show must go on! And what a show it is- it’s the £220 Sky Sports Doublestack. An exclusive 60 runner event, with wall-to-wall quality players contesting it.

Taking you through all the action will be Tikay... 

and, fresh back from Vegas, Mr. Hartigan...

Who will come out on top out of those two? No contest…just watch this video, which just gets funnier the more you see it…

Tikay and Hartigan have a fight

Meanwhile, playing in the tournament itself is none other than EPT winner Julian Thew aka Yoyo!

...and the AJ merchant herself- LML!

The broadcast starts at 8 along with the tournament and runs till midnight. So make sure you’re watching this Thursday night on Channel 865!

• edited April 2011

So, what’s the story on Sky Poker this week?

Simple answer- more guests!

Due to popular demand from you guys, the staff at Sky Poker Towers are now working feverishly round the clock to land big names from the game to educate and entertain you on Channel 865.

Where else will you see these proven standard bearers of NL Hold ‘Em, hold court for FOUR HOURS of hand analysis? And more to the point, hand analysis of YOUR hands!

In short, we’re spoiling you. Let’s not beat about the bush. You are utterly spoilt. You’re welcome.

This Thursday for example, from 8pm, it’s the Sky Sports £15K Gtd Bounty Hunter and joining James Hartigan and Tikay in the studio will be the man they call Chufty...

Yes, it’s World Series Bracelet winner Richard Ashby! 

Richard is a legend of the online scene- playing at the highest stakes available and against the best players in the world. He’s been in nosebleed heads-up sessions recently with the likes of Cole South (we’re talking $2000/$4000 here) and he’s had $1.1million swings in the space of 10 hours. Sick. So sick.

Quote from the man himself:

“durrrrr is a very creative player. I recently played him at $500/1,000, it was the first time I’d played that high, but I thought I’d buy in for $50,000 and take a shot. I lost that initial buy-in, but still ended up cashing out for $190,000.”

CLUNK. That’s the sound of my jaw dropping to the floor. Insane. 

Now, tell me you can’t learn something from this guy on Thursday night?!!!

Should be a corker!

• edited April 2011

And Richard Ashby is not the only guest we have for you this week on Sky Poker. Because this Sunday night (17th April) from 9pm, Tikay and I will be joined in the studio for the Primo by this man:

Why, it’s only Sam Rasarvi, the Brit who made the final table of the most recent Aussie Millions- netting a quarter of a million dollars for his troubles!

Sam’s nickname in poker circles is Koddzilla and he’s a former actor/director. But of course he's better known now for his rapid rise through the ranks of the poker scene.

Some choice quotes from the man (courtesy of his blog):

I play mainly $1/2 heads-up No Limit Hold’em, sometimes $2/4. Back in my six-max days, [...] I remember spinning up $500 into about £20,000 in just over a week, and then losing about £5,000 in one night. I wasn't used to a big swing and basically just withdrew the rest of the money and quit [that site], which was a little stupid since there was obviously a lot of money to be made, but I suppose it was my inexperience at the time that prompted me to do it.  After finding heads-up and realising that I rarely lost, and if I did, the swings were minimal, I  just stuck to it and haven't really moved out of my comfort zone since.

I have six brothers and three sisters, all from the same parents, two of which also play poker for a living.

So that’s Sunday night sorted for you then: 9pm. See you there!

• edited April 2011
    Ok peeps, here's the deal for the live shows this week on Sky Poker TV.

THURSDAY 28TH

James Hartigan will be joined by the man who surely should have been in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as some hardnut London gangster, Mr. Ian Fraser.

As it's the last Thursday of the month, they'll be covering the cards in the £220 Doublestack with an elite field of 60 runners and some tasty action on the go.

Playing in the tourney from his hotel room in Walsall will be Tikay, as he preps for the invasion of Sky Poker at the GUKPT this weekend. Quite what he'll he doing in his hotel room after that, is anyone's guess. But I hear there's a full selection of TV channels to choose from on the in-room entertainment system, if you catch my drift.

Tikay will be on the phone throughout the show and no doubt not playing a single hand until he's down to 2 BBs.

SATURDAY 30TH

Anna Fowler is back! And so is Tikay! (Have you noted that so far we've kept Carlo away from Anna? Just saying...)

They'll be doing Mastercash of course with the ever popular Top of The Pots from midnight. It's Cash 300 all the way with  bigger buy-ins and bigger max sit-downs which, all in all, makes for a bigger and more exciting game!

Throughout the show they'll be updates on how Team Sky Poker are doing at the GUKPT in Walsall and no doubt I'll be on the phone moaning about the my tournament exit (at midday).

SUNDAY MAY 1ST

I'll be sat behind the desk with Trevor Harris and I'll probably spend the first hour or so laughing derisively at the total collapse of Arsenal these past couple of months. Once I'vecomposed myself and Trev has picked up all the toys he's thrown out the pram we'll be covering the Sunday big one: The Primo.

PLEASE NOTE- In the unlikely event that I go deep in the Walsall event, I won't be hosting the show. Lord Lucan and Elvis will be instead. On the backs of flying pigs. In hell. As it freezes over. And...well, you get the point.

So, plenty to get your teeth into this week. And now- for a sneaky peak at May's line-up of guests:

Confirmed so far we have Julian Thew, Marc Goodwin and Paul Jackson. Gotta love that! 

Keep watching! Channel 865 on Sky or, if you don't have Sky, simply click on the live stream from the homepage of this very site! :)