You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE

edited April 2011 in Area 51
In Response to ESSENTIAL MAINTAINANCE:
It has been reported that at 9.29pm this evening pocket Aces held up for elsadog. As a consequence there will be a 3 day shutdown for alterations to the RNG. Thank you.
Posted by elsadog
lmao xx

Comments

• edited March 2011
    It has been reported that at 9.29pm this evening pocket Aces held up for elsadog. As a consequence there will be a 3 day shutdown for alterations to the RNG.

Thank you.
  • edited March 2011

stewards enquiry!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Situation Critical

It's been reported on Reuters that Elsadog has cashed!!!!!!

All doomswitch engineers are requested to report for duty asap.
  • edited March 2011
    STEP AWAY FROM THE THREAD........

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.........

MOVE ALONG, THESE AREN'T THE ACES YOUR LOOKING FOR 
  • edited March 2011
    After a succession of deuces with everything I went out 3 handed in 7th with a rag ace.

I'm sure they will fix it properly tomorrow.
  • edited March 2011
    elsadog07£169.60 + 20 League Points

MODS!!!!......NURSES!!!!......SKY.....SORT IT OUT FFS!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Looks like they've tweaked the RNG to make it even worse than ever! I played this hand a few minutes after the site came back live this morning in a turbo HU SnG;

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    LisaS Small blind  75.00 75.00 295.00
    GaryQQQ Big blind  150.00 225.00 1480.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

LisaS All-in  295.00 520.00 0.00
    GaryQQQ Call  220.00 740.00 1260.00
    LisaS Show

GaryQQQ Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• J

Turn

River

LisaS Win Straight to the 6 740.00  740.00
  • edited March 2011
    This is obviously a glitch. I'm sure last nights shutdown will remedy it and you can all go back to sucking out on me with trash and I can resume whingeing for Britain.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTAINANCE:
    This is obviously a glitch. I'm sure last nights shutdown will remedy it and you can all go back to sucking out on me with trash and I can resume whingeing for Britain. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
    Posted by elsadog
    they only shut down for 'essential maintenance',cos no-one was here and theyr doing their bit for the enviroment..
  • edited March 2011
    Looks like they've tweaked the RNG to make it even worse than ever! I played this hand a few minutes after the site came back live this morning in a turbo HU SnG; Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance LisaS Small blind   75.00 75.00 295.00 GaryQQQ Big blind   150.00 225.00 1480.00   Your hole cards Q Q       LisaS All-in   295.00 520.00 0.00 GaryQQQ Call   220.00 740.00 1260.00 LisaS Show 3 6       GaryQQQ Show Q Q       Flop     J 4 4       Turn     2       River     5       LisaS Win Straight to the 6 740.00   740.00 Prev Close window Next
    Posted by GaryQQQ

i know the feeling
    hamhands21 Small blind   50.00 50.00 480.00
    delaney09 Big blind   100.00 150.00 1370.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

hamhands21 All-in   480.00 630.00 0.00
    delaney09 Call   430.00 1060.00 940.00
    hamhands21 Show
    • A

delaney09 Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

• A

River

hamhands21 Win Flush to the Ace 1060.00   1060.00
  • edited March 2011
    Normal service has been restored ......

AQ all-in called by T4 os and he hit a full house. LMAO

• edited March 2011
    Normal service has been restored ...... AQ all-in called by T4 os and he hit a full house. LMAO
    Posted by elsadog

Ah   Thank Goodness.  The intrinsic balance of the Universe has been restored ;o)

• edited March 2011
    Nope they aint fixed it yet :o)

The wheels fell off the RNG and I managed another 5th place :o)

Thanks to all the railers and especially my personal stalker ....... you know who you are ;o)
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah well done on the 5th in the ME b/h last night,i think the rng will have to be looked at again as a matter of urgency if you are gonna carry on cashing like this ;) xx
  • edited March 2011
    They really do have problems with the faulty RNG. After tonight's fiasco in the 8k BH, I'm convinced of it.

Expect another un-scheduled stoppage for maintenance ....... someone needs to warn Dohhhhhhh.

elsadog
    2nd£694.50 + £51.55 Head Prizes + 46 League Points4
  • edited March 2011
    They really do have problems with the faulty RNG. After tonight's fiasco in the 8k BH, I'm convinced of it. Expect another un-scheduled stoppage for maintenance ....... someone needs to warn Dohhhhhhh. elsadog 2nd £694.50 + £51.55 Head Prizes + 46 League Points 4
    Posted by elsadog
    I've not spoken to you elsadog, am a forum regular [avid reader], but don't contribute quite as much as a lot of other posters...

...have read a lot of your posts over the last 3+ months.  Am pleased your undoubted good play is being rewarded on here after your `slump`.

wd and hopefully it continues (popped my Area51 cherry now)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTAINANCE : I've not spoken to you elsadog, am a forum regular [avid reader], but don't contribute quite as much as a lot of other posters... ...have read a lot of your posts over the last 3+ months.  Am pleased your undoubted good play is being rewarded on here after your `slump`. wd and hopefully it continues (popped my Area51 cherry now)
    Posted by dtm75

You do realise that you can never escape now :o)

Welcome to the most interesting place on the forum.

• edited March 2011
    I like this thread too !

But it does make me think.

As someone who has played profitably here for four years, subject to the usual downswings, the prospect of the RNG being a bit iffy worries me.

Maybe I cant play the game at all, and when I have had good wins the RNG has just decided its my turn.

So on days when I have my aces cracked for the second time, should I give up, knowing the RNG is looking elsewhere to pick the lucky winner ?

Or are past outcomes not relevant ? Will the RNG favour me RANDOMLY again ?

WD on your recent cashes !
  • edited March 2011
    wd on all these final tables you keep making alan now pass that luck on to me god knows i could do with it i dont get favoured by the RNG it must miss out Essex in its tracks lol but wd on the ft last night and thursday unlucky sunday i see you got into a usual cashing position but instead only got 12 points cause of a lack of runners
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE:
    wd on all these final tables you keep making alan now pass that luck on to me god knows i could do with it i dont get favoured by the RNG it must miss out Essex in its tracks lol but wd on the ft last night and thursday unlucky sunday i see you got into a usual cashing position but instead only got 12 points cause of a lack of runners
    Posted by delaney09

Ha ha, I missed the cash and only got 12 points because I played the last 15 minutes of it like a Rodney.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE : Ha ha, I missed the cash and only got 12 points because I played the last 15 minutes of it like a Rodney.
    Posted by elsadog

lol yeah i see haha i just had a good plo session on here bit of a shock really 4 way all in i rivered a house for £50 only bought in my last remaining pieces of my BR £8.80 which i won for bubbling the satellite to tonight open haha
  • edited March 2011
    I like this thread too ! But it does make me think. As someone who has played profitably here for four years, subject to the usual downswings, the prospect of the RNG being a bit iffy worries me. Maybe I cant play the game at all, and when I have had good wins the RNG has just decided its my turn. So on days when I have my aces cracked for the second time, should I give up, knowing the RNG is looking elsewhere to pick the lucky winner ? Or are past outcomes not relevant ? Will the RNG favour me RANDOMLY again ? WD on your recent cashes !
    Posted by penguin7

Should you ever read about Quantum Physics you would gain a much better understanding of alternate realities. All things at the subatomic LEVEL are made from molecules and the working arrangement of molecules are atoms. Atoms have electrons, and contrary to the general belief that electrons whizz around the nucleus like orbiting planets, they don't. Electrons actually surround the nucleus and have the ability to be everywhere at once. Because RNG's are made of atoms and therefore electrons, the theory is that you only get your Aces cracked when the RNG is ''playing away'' However, when you win it is simply because you played well in that reality. If Photons are fired at a target the result is always the same until you stop observing it. With non-observed photons the results are different and give a non-expected outcome, that is until you observe them again, at which time they revert to the expected outcome.

These are alternate realities happening at the same time due to the fact that the subatomic realm is very different to the real world. I hope that helps you understand better and gives you the confidence to win with pride and whinge with confidence.  :o)

• edited March 2011

Nice to see you back in form elsadog.

Im convinced your first recent deep run, made the next 2/3 deep runs more likelt. All the "action hand" stuff is only gonna be detramental to your own performance, it's not good for you. I've no doubt you would have crashed out before the money last night, if you hadn't gone deep in 2/3 tournys last week.

Form is temporary.............

gg
  • edited March 2011
    These are alternate realities happening at the same time due to the fact that the subatomic realm is very different to the real world. I hope that helps you understand better and gives you the confidence to win with pride and whinge with confidence.  :o)
    I JUST WENT OUT OF A SATELLITE FOR TONIGHTS OPEN ON THE THIRD HAND WITH KK v K9.

But your post has given me a far greater understanding of the reality of the situation.

• edited March 2011
    These are alternate realities happening at the same time due to the fact that the subatomic realm is very different to the real world. I hope that helps you understand better and gives you the confidence to win with pride and whinge with confidence.  :o) I JUST WENT OUT OF A SATELLITE FOR TONIGHTS OPEN ON THE THIRD HAND WITH KK v K9. But your post has given me a far greater understanding of the reality of the situation.
    Posted by penguin7

I went out the satellite to the open my 77 v A 6 it came heart heart blank heart heart they had the a of hearts  lol
  • edited March 2011
    its good to see mate, you do deserve it
  • edited March 2011
    I think they are getting this RNG sorted out. Managed to cash in the Open in 14th for £42. They exit hand of AKs vs the CL's A4os, which made the straight on the river was a classic.

3 tournaments played - one small cash = 38p profit ...... can't be bad :o)
  • edited March 2011
    Nice to see you back in form elsadog. Im convinced your first recent deep run, made the next 2/3 deep runs more likelt. All the "action hand" stuff is only gonna be detramental to your own performance, it's not good for you. I've no doubt you would have crashed out before the money last night, if you hadn't gone deep in 2/3 tournys last week. Form is temporary............. gg
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

But I believe, I really do.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE : Should you ever read about Quantum Physics you would gain a much better understanding of alternate realities. All things at the subatomic LEVEL are made from molecules and the working arrangement of molecules are atoms. Atoms have electrons, and contrary to the general belief that electrons whizz around the nucleus like orbiting planets, they don't. Electrons actually surround the nucleus and have the ability to be everywhere at once. Because RNG's are made of atoms and therefore electrons, the theory is that you only get your Aces cracked when the RNG is ''playing away'' However, when you win it is simply because you played well in that reality. If Photons are fired at a target the result is always the same until you stop observing it. With non-observed photons the results are different and give a non-expected outcome, that is until you observe them again, at which time they revert to the expected outcome. These are alternate realities happening at the same time due to the fact that the subatomic realm is very different to the real world. I hope that helps you understand better and gives you the confidence to win with pride and whinge with confidence.  :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    subatomic < molecules
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE : subatomic < molecules
    Posted by Machka

?