You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off

Comments

• edited April 2011

Authority bias.

Brain failt.

Who knows best? 

a) a winning micro player, who made 8k over 3 years, hit a downswing, and decided the rng is faulty.

b) a winning high stakea player, who makes 8k a month, has had umpteen downswings, but comes back day after day and grinds out 100k profit a year, year after year. 

I love the Irish man, I think his achievements on sky poker are insane, mind blowing even - I prob wouldn't be on sky poker now if it wasn't for him, but unfortunately, he has got this one very wrong.

Watch the vid, be careful who you listen to..... 

;)

• edited April 2011
    A Dohhhhhhh rant - lovely :o)

''It's flat, it's flat I tell you, if it was round we'ed all fall off the bottom. And don't think of trying to prove it's not flat because you will certainly fall off the edge''
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    Dont do it Rik you are a good player and your fortunes will change just look at Elsadogs turnaround hes running great at the minute. Irish has a point I agree the action hands on here do seem to be more often than on other sites but its not just you mate it happens to all of us by the looks of it. You only have to watch the final table at last nights double stack to see that A4 is better than AK or AQ but its not just you mate. I too withdrew most of my roll from here and play less often but I enjoy the banter and the forums are second to none. Dont burn your bridges mate cos you will miss this site and we will miss you. Regards Ray
    Posted by a00rock
    Hi Ray, I spent a long time looking for a site I can trust, and I did trust sky, and I want to trust sky. I have always defended sky in area 51, because I have been on a rigged site, and it was very different to playing here, but just lately something changed here, if you read what I said on rovers thread, you will see that I have tried to rationalize it, and have looked deep to find reasons for the perceived change, but I have run out of ideas now, and rovers thread has got into my head again. he did'nt leave for nothing mate, he was winning for three years here?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    Why have none of the best players on the site seen it? Stein is the only one who's good, who has complained. Oh and baggs, but I don't wanna get into that en' again. The pros are still relying on the site to make enough money to feed their families. That should be enough for you to trust the site. If they can gamble their livelihoods on here (thousands of pounds) that ought be enough re-assurance for you to happily risk your £2.20's and £5.50's.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A dodgy site will pick on the small stakes players Dohhhhhhh, because if they tried funny stuff on pro's, they would notice it pretty quick and flop off--innit
  • edited April 2011

lol come on fella.

U been at the home made vodka !!!
  • edited April 2011
    Is this an April fools joke?
  • edited April 2011
    lol come on fella. U been at the home made vodka !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You think what you like and call someone a plonker, just for a change eh?
  • edited April 2011
    Fact: Poker sites don't like too many winning players.
    Fact: Poker sites will go to extraordinary lengths to reduce the number of winning players.
    Fact: Losing/break-even players who regularly top up their accounts are desirable.

If you don't believe any of the above go to the Blonde Forum (Tikay's site) and look in the archives for the iPoker thread re. iPOker/Blonde Poker. On there you will see it in black and white (in Tikay's own words) - Blonde had too many winning players to be profitable for the iPoker network.

What iPoker did doesn't necessarily mean that all poker rooms would act so unscrupulously. However it does show that winning players are less desirable than losing/break-even players.
  • edited April 2011
    Fact: Poker sites don't like too many winning players. Fact: Poker sites will go to extraordinary lengths to reduce the number of winning players. Fact: Losing/break-even players who regularly top up their accounts are desirable. If you don't believe any of the above go to the Blonde Forum (Tikay's site) and look in the archives for the iPoker thread re. iPOker/Blonde Poker. On there you will see it in black and white (in Tikay's own words) - Blonde had too many winning players to be profitable for the iPoker network. What iPoker did doesn't necessarily mean that all poker rooms would act so unscrupulously. However it does show that winning players are less desirable than losing/break-even players.
    Posted by elsadog
    Sky really doesn't have to worry too much about this.

They may have to soon if they keep promoting the site on other poker forums that are full of sharks tho!! grrrr
  • edited April 2011
    FACT:  I've been playing on this site for almost TWO Years 

FACT:  I have been a "Regular Top Up Player " for most of that time.

FACT:  In the last three months I have not had to top up my account Once.  I have become a regular winning Player

FACT:  This could not have happened because I have studies the game and have gained more experience

FACT:  The site must be rigged ;O)

• edited April 2011
    FACT:  I've been playing on this site for almost TWO Years  FACT:  I have been a "Regular Top Up Player " for most of that time. FACT:  In the last three months I have not had to top up my account Once.  I have become a regular winning Player FACT:  This could not have happened because I have studies the game and have gained more experience FACT:  The site must be rigged ;O)
    Posted by JockBMW

Fact: Jock knows best :o)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : Fact: Jock knows best :o)
    Posted by elsadog

Finally, My worth is recognised ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : Sky really doesn't have to worry too much about this. They may have to soon if they keep promoting the site on other poker forums that are full of sharks tho!! grrrr
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Of course they do. Blonde was a small skin off a huge network - iPoker, and it affected the profitability and cash flow of the whole. It's all about ratios and the Blonde to iPoker ratio was enough for them to act.

• edited April 2011
    dohhh i think  i know one of these sharks your referring to a player signed up on sky whos a reg at 25/50 50/100 PLO on FTP luckily i have no problem as i won't come across him any time soon and i dont think he has been back for a while cause he werent getting any action
  • edited April 2011
    Im trying to think of a way to let peeps know the truth without being too hurtful or controversial.

The truth is folks....  week minded, Self pitying losers think its fixed, The rest dont waste their brain worrying about it because they know if they develop their game enough they will win.

I think the way I put it was diplomatic enough.

Waaah waaah to the blame on everything else but themselves brigade.

humble
    Peter
  • edited April 2011
    i have never posted in here before, but that is the dumbest thing i have read peter, please check the players stats out you are reffering to, ie irish nutter and elsa!!
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks mr winner, if only I had listened to you?
  • edited April 2011
     You know they tweak the RNG every now and then and it takes a few weeks to work out the changes. Don't be the new DJblacke in Area 51.  Sky had to employ Darren Brown and his mind games to Hypnotise him into believing Sky is wonderful and to become a secret Mod.?  Get out of here before that happens to you.? As for the Forum being boring ......... it is what players make it,  and from time to time becomes very quite. You see the movers and shakers come and go, sad I agree,  but there are still some great contributors like yourself and we don't want to lose you on silly knee jerk reaction to BR down swing. If this was posted as early April Fool then you got me but not quite Marques of Queensbury.  Get back to your deep-stack babies and milk them.!!  Hugs needed I think. Annie x
    Posted by logdon

oi what do you mean by that?

• edited April 2011
    Fact: Poker sites don't like too many winning players. Fact: Poker sites will go to extraordinary lengths to reduce the number of winning players. Fact: Losing/break-even players who regularly top up their accounts are desirable. If you don't believe any of the above go to the Blonde Forum (Tikay's site) and look in the archives for the iPoker thread re. iPOker/Blonde Poker. On there you will see it in black and white (in Tikay's own words) - Blonde had too many winning players to be profitable for the iPoker network. What iPoker did doesn't necessarily mean that all poker rooms would act so unscrupulously. However it does show that winning players are less desirable than losing/break-even players.
    Posted by elsadog

What!!!!

so the more winning players makes the network less profitable?????

surely the more you win the more you play...duh..!!!!

if someone said to me everyone wins on  sky, you would try it first ,would nt you?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : oi what do you mean by that?
    Posted by djblacke04
    LOL touchy touchy
  • edited April 2011
    i have never posted in here before, but that is the dumbest thing i have read peter, please check the players stats out you are referring to, ie irish nutter and elsa!!
    Posted by pod1
    the truth is the truth bud,  stats shmats!!

Self pitying, losers

If they win a little of break even playing poker and they dropped the excuse they would win more,  Its always someone or something else thats to blame.

someone who wins a little money when they should win more can still be regarded as a loser.

just a loser with a little more money.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : What!!!! so the more winning players makes the network less profitable????? surely the more you win the more you play...duh..!!!! if someone said to me everyone wins on  sky, you would try it first ,would nt you?
    Posted by djblacke04

Read the posts on Blonde 

• edited April 2011
    Ps   I like irishrover an elsa an nutter,   That has nowt to do with it.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : the truth is the truth bud,  stats shmats!! Self pitying, losers If they win a little of break even playing poker and they dropped the excuse they would win more,  Its always someone or something else thats to blame. someone who wins a little money when they should win more can still be regarded as a loser. just a loser with a little more money.
    Posted by NODEAL
    mmmm I know a loser with a little more money, and he's a total idiot donkwit too!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : the truth is the truth bud,  stats shmats!! Self pitying, losers If they win a little of break even playing poker and they dropped the excuse they would win more,  Its always someone or something else thats to blame. someone who wins a little money when they should win more can still be regarded as a loser. just a loser with a little more money.
    Posted by NODEAL

Ha Ha who missed his medication again?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : Ha Ha who missed his medication again?
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL  I love it in this crazy area 51 boomshacka, The peeps are sooo easy to hook

woop woop
  • edited April 2011
    He's lost his porridge again
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : oi what do you mean by that?
    Posted by djblacke04
    I do not want Oy to start posting bad beat after bad beat like you did when he really needs to accept that Sky have already admitted their RNG is not the best in the World but it is the only one they have and the only one they can afford to have in the near future. The question is do we trust it enough to remain as players or do we go else where. They tweak it every now and then when players complain about AA being cracked only to find AK is now the bad boy. Can this RNG get the perfect randomness who knows probably not.  I can only speak for myself and advise other's to stay with the devil you know. ?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : mmmm I know a loser with a little more money, and he's a total idiot donkwit too!
    Posted by oynutter
    Who is it bud?,   We can work together and mug this dude.

One day Im hoping to crack this game and win some dosh.

I havent managed yet but I dont blame anyone else but me.

Whingeing numpties eh?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : Who is it bud?,   We can work together and mug this dude. One day Im hoping to crack this game and win some dosh. I havent managed yet but I dont blame anyone else but me. Whingeing numpties eh?
    Posted by NODEAL
    No deal