You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off

Comments

• edited April 2011

It was a very interesting saturday night...

• edited April 2011

I have just read this thread i am in bits pmsl .
  • edited April 2011
    Nice to see the bar for paranoid crazy has been raised.
  • edited April 2011
    I laughed that he said that hes lost 10k!!

Why not stop while 1k down if it's such a conspiracy?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    Nice to see the bar for paranoid crazy has been raised.
    Posted by AMYBR

Louis Theroux should do a show about this place, could be his best yet (including the one about Thor Templar Lord Commander of Earth Protectorate N.A division)...

• edited April 2011
    trust me it wasnt 10k!! not even 1k i can assure you.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    trust me it wasnt 10k!! not even 1k i can assure you.
    Posted by pod1

Are we talking Yen ?
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    prob lira!!!
    Posted by pod1

replaced by the euro...

unless of course you mean israel lira...

• edited April 2011
    take your pick lol
  • edited April 2011
    Got to admit gents I'm a 9k ($) losing online player, stops being about the money after awhile.  You've got to remember that there's alot of people out there with a lot of money and insane BR's, even here.  Often I think thats why you see some of the insane action.  £1/2 Just isnt enough to inspire some people to play well.  It would be like the high value reg playing 1/2cents and just not caring.
  • edited April 2011
    amybr, trust me mate, you to couldnt be any further apart on the br and poker level if you tried
  • edited April 2011
    I have honestly no clue what you mean.
  • edited April 2011
    Epic!

Pod1 ftw btw imo
  • edited April 2011
    Something i can indeed smell here ,and it doesnt come from you ashhole POD1 ,but none the less smelles like bulsh.t to me...10k on about 9 diff sites not a whole lot more u CAN SAY OR ADD.

Incidentaly do u follow me around every site ive playes on and You hold recordss of my bankroll and financial clout?  Do have proof
    just write something good for a change  ure record is gettinf busted.

check my sharkstats for this site alone pod im far the better player .

Bankroll aint nothin, And i could care less abut the 50 million variations of how peeeple PLAY THIER RAGGY CARDS!

• edited April 2011
    it was a compliment, although you are that down on line, i know the levels you play online/live and listening to your thought process on hands you are a very capable player. lets just say you move in very very different circles to "said" player. this is directed to amybr by the way!!
  • edited April 2011
    brave and stupid aaron, bless you. for any player to say they lost"10k" and to say they are a better player just about sums you up. the guy i was comparing you to (amybr) plays "CONSISTANTLY" at a level with a bigger buyin than you got in your bank accountant, let alone br. thats 3 very naughty words you have called me now , do you think that is going to go unrewarded. i would say stick what ever money you do have or wait for your giro , then come and find me on any hu table you want and we play. best do it before thursday mind coz you aint going to be feeling to well friday. like i say you cant go around calling people names like that and get away with it, it just aint cricket!!
  • edited April 2011
    Pod ni disrepesct but u came on here slaggin me off I didnt like that, As a player i have never slated ure game ,but all season and when i win you guys  at the club get on my case  its a fact .

Yes i can take condstuctive critism but some of u guys overstepped the mark sometimes and why should i have to put up with it?
    not like i can take bad beats  ,Imagaine ureself playing a ftops main event then getting hit out on by runner runner,I can hadle the varience and have been taught to play diff styles  ,...Poker changes all the time whether  u agree or not.I have also taken various strategys off od top top players  on the sites I was using  by just watching and analysing thier play to how how some sitiations unfold etc.

I wont say how i get thrown cards at my face and said "guy was peeved that" i had called his raise with junk cards and hit out with good flop ,but i held my nerver if it had happend to u mate im most sure u would have got up in his face and knocked the ......out"!...but it didnt hapen to you did it now?

Going back to when we first played a hand together at the nuts poker league i seem to remeber u played a hand and called my shove ,u held jacks and i held kings ..U dont need me to tell u that was  a bad call there.

On another note its a matter of when i get outdrawn on like the ak vs a10 when guy hit 10 on flop ,all in preflop its this kind of donkey play that reaaly piees me off, but when I do it to otheres its like ive commieted murder!

You know I know yore a good genuine happy go lucky  good poker player but what i said and i didnt like was the fact  you continually slug me off! whether im right about the tech stuff or not ...If its found out that im right pod what ru gonna do? dont make me out to be somebody imnot.

• edited April 2011
    you ever played any big online events? just sayin
  • edited April 2011

blah, blah , blah!!!"!!

• edited April 2011
    why why why aaron do you go on so!!!!!!   the software on every site i play on gives you bad beats in some way or another

but saying that, Im up on most of the sites i play on

prob cos i was born in singapore :)
  • edited April 2011
    Pod ni disrepesct but u came on here slaggin me off I didnt like that, As a player i have never slated ure game ,but all season and when i win you guys  at the club get on my case  its a fact . Yes i can take condstuctive critism but some of u guys overstepped the mark sometimes and why should i have to put up with it? not like i can take bad beats  ,Imagaine ureself playing a ftops main event then getting hit out on by runner runner,I can hadle the varience and have been taught to play diff styles  ,...Poker changes all the time whether  u agree or not.I have also taken various strategys off od top top players  on the sites I was using  by just watching and analysing thier play to how how some sitiations unfold etc. I wont say how i get thrown cards at my face and said "guy was peeved that" i had called his raise with junk cards and hit out with good flop ,but i held my nerver if it had happend to u mate im most sure u would have got up in his face and knocked the ......out"!...but it didnt hapen to you did it now? Going back to when we first played a hand together at the nuts poker league i seem to remeber u played a hand and called my shove ,u held jacks and i held kings ..U dont need me to tell u that was  a bad call there. On another note its a matter of when i get outdrawn on like the ak vs a10 when guy hit 10 on flop ,all in preflop its this kind of donkey play that reaaly piees me off, but when I do it to otheres its like ive commieted murder! You know I know yore a good genuine happy go lucky  good poker player but what i said and i didnt like was the fact  you continually slug me off! whether im right about the tech stuff or not ...If its found out that im right pod what ru gonna do? dont make me out to be somebody imnot.
    Posted by AJW1976

你瘋了,瘋狂,與錯

• edited April 2011
    lol, you know you cant swear on here and my mother is not a dog!!!
  • edited April 2011
    AJW

I have no idea who you are bud but after reading one of your posts about basically getting picked on at the club you share I have to say this:

Poker is a competitive game bud.  Ego and testosterone overflow.  People get needled, its just how it is.  Every man is equal at the table, I think that is the core of the draw to the game.  You are testing your mental agility against others, all things being equal.  But if you cant take a bit of negativity, criticism and abuse you might want to take up another game, because it will always be an element of the game.  Infact, part of my table image is to wind people I'll rarely meet again, just so they pay me off.  You sound like a player who has been around abit, so you should already know this.  Psycology bud. 

I came to this forum with a bit of a bad attitude, but I've had to really re think some of my perspectives and realise that it just isnt cool to bust into an established group and start shouting your mouth off, its pretty rude.  I have certain issues with online poker but talking about chinese advertising hacks..... I thought I was reading a Fallout 3 parody...

Why needlessly be rude and disruptive?  You havent found a single ally in your reasoning here, so maybe its time to look for the beam in your own eye and rethink things.
  • edited April 2011
    I agree with ajw
  • edited April 2011
    out of principle I take it?
  • edited April 2011
    NO!!---out of my head on vodka, actually!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    NO!!---out of my head on vodka, actually!!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    You are a unfit parent to Humpty and a drunken slob go sit in a shop door way.
  • edited April 2011
    Go and say that on my personal abuse thread you!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    just have to say one thing on this thread... I deal poker for a living and in one week at work I have dealt more bad beats live than I have seen online.

People say "You never see that Live" when a short stack shoves with aces only to get called by the big blind with 8-4 off suit and the board runs 8 8 K A 8 (this was a hand I dealt tonight).
    It happens. People DO shove A10o and suck out against AKs (more often than people think) its the luck of the game.

Also what reason do SkyPoker or any other site have to "fix" the game?
    It would cost them far too much when found out. Just look at the superuser scandal.

Ego's do get in the way of "correct" play and bad beats happen. Odd plays happen. It's the fabric of the game.