You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : hey funny man Im not telling you sky rigg the site or fix the cards here ,but im gettin some wierdo spam network attacks from a chinese network ip that is constantly port scanning and abusing my network,  ip:58.218.204.110  ,...I suggest the guy whois doing this gets severely punished since microsoft, network ARIN and the chinese province networks and whoever else is involved in this super bot piece of xxxx ..why are these servers and people not shut down from the internet ,? If you google that 1 ip address u find some random guy called Kong Lingfei of the hebei province network or shangdong network, why is he attacking players computers? What are the constant probes on the ports for? Im guessing the dude just is doing it to see if our systems are safe,But again this is a unlawful offence and hes defo getting away with it and his network is still live.. They told me to contact thier service provider but they dont bother to do nothing in any case ,If its a concerted dos attack we have to worry about then somehow this dude comes out on top for illegal computer fraud I assure you.He has also used several different ip addreses in the past .Maybe someone will investigate this . I have seen some funny stuff happen live too so funny in fact it makes online a mere travesty of bad beats .Ive seen runner runners like you never seen before happen. Until then I dont think sky or any other site would purposely rigg the cards , but I do believe some systems are vulnerable to these kind of network attacks and issues like the one ive discussed above.Any further comment is much appreciated ...thanks ,
    Posted by AJW1976

are you sure...?

do you know mel gibson by any chance?

and just for you...

whilst your rants are funny,there is a very serious side to paranoia....please seek medical help...:)
  • edited April 2011
    just get sky ffs to investigate my last freeroll today , such a waste of pure talent man to be dealt absolute garbage ,chip leader with 87k then nothing for over 30 hands.......go figure sky thanks a lot.!!! bs at its finest
  • edited April 2011
    u call urelself djblacke ,well i bet ure not a dj and fer a start u aint black so get off the case and do something u do know.. dont need ure wierdo dsl reports tyvm. just get sky to sort out the network yerr
  • edited April 2011
    Hi AJW, Honestly don't pay any attention to 'port scans' - it's happened all over the internet for probably as long as you've been alive. If you look at a trace on the internet-facing port on any router you will see hundreds of these things all day long. It's just 'the norm', and as long as your firewalls are dealing with it properly (ie, ignoring it) then you needn't give it a moments more thought.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off:
    u call urelself djblacke ,well i bet ure not a dj and fer a start u aint black so get off the case and do something u do know.. dont need ure wierdo dsl reports tyvm. just get sky to sort out the network yerr
    Posted by AJW1976

well actually i am,and its quite amusing that all this comes from a 35 yr old(1976) with a picture of Mickey Mouse for an Avatar?
  • edited April 2011
    just get sky ffs to investigate my last freeroll today , such a waste of pure talent man to be dealt absolute garbage ,chip leader with 87k then nothing for over 30 hands.......go figure sky thanks a lot.!!! bs at its finest
    Posted by AJW1976
    pmsl
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by AJW1976
    This is priceless.  You are chip leader with 87k - so you obviously did get hands up to that point. Then you go quiet - well that's to be expected after running so hot. Don't forget everyone else is entitled to get good hands too. ''Such a waste of pure talent'' - well if you were so talented you would see the tide turn and sit quiet until it picks up again. You think that a period of 30 hands without decent hole cards is long ?? I was card dead for the first 2 hours of last nights mtt - learn to deal with it.

I do think you are right about those Chinese hackers though. I always wear my patented baco-foil hat when playing poker (see picture on left). It works for me :o) ....... and ignore what Noseybonk says - he looks a bit Chinese to me. ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    the biggest joke of this whole fiasco, is that i have listened to this for not weeks, or mnths but years. now if i had any doubt any at all i would have spent some of my 10k losses and done something about it. 1) new computer 2) poker lessons 3) a book on social skills ("how to win friends and influence people") would be a good start. keep chucking good money after bad aaron and one day rodney" we will be milllioneers".  it reminds me of a story i once heard- a man walking down a street in the deep south of america. he stopped and chatted to a man on his porch and the man offered him a drink. whilst drinking his drink he noticed the mans dog was lying on the porch whimpering. the traveller asked the man "whats wrong with your dog". the man replied "hes lying on a nail poking up through the boards" "why doesnt he move" said the traveller, coz he likes the attention and it aint hurtin him enough!!!!"
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by AJW1976
    HAHA, this guy has to be on a windup for sure!
  • edited April 2011
    no mate, its the real macoy!!!!
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    Posted by AJW1976
    I lol'd
  • edited April 2011
    How can a site rip players off? I think its more like sore losers ,no site could possibly rig the system they use..
  • edited April 2011
    How can a site rip players off? I think its more like sore losers ,no site could possibly rig the system they use..
    Posted by emma11311

Errrrrrr   wrong Emma
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : well actually i am,and its quite amusing that all this comes from a 35 yr old(1976) with a picture of Mickey Mouse for an Avatar?
    Posted by djblacke04
    That avatar won me over 1 million in chips bra!  I use him because humpty -dumpty was in perilous use at the time.plus he is a legend like me .

ITS A CRYING SHAME WE CANNOT USE THESE AVATARS ON THIS POKER SITE !! WHEN WE ARE PLAYING THAT IS,MR BLACKE
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : This is priceless.  You are chip leader with 87k - so you obviously did get hands up to that point. Then you go quiet - well that's to be expected after running so hot. Don't forget everyone else is entitled to get good hands too. ''Such a waste of pure talent'' - well if you were so talented you would see the tide turn and sit quiet until it picks up again. You think that a period of 30 hands without decent hole cards is long ?? I was card dead for the first 2 hours of last nights mtt - learn to deal with it. I do think you are right about those Chinese hackers though. I always wear my patented baco-foil hat when playing poker (see picture on left). It works for me :o) ....... and ignore what Noseybonk says - he looks a bit Chinese to me. ;o)
    Posted by elsadog
    Im sure that not how it went,..87k then bummed out on the bubble nothing new per usual ..Just sick of the waste considering the weirdo same hands like k2 offsuit I was gettin... funny $$.I got to 87k by playing good poker and check-rasing nuts on river after slowplaying trips.Had a fullhouse and guy paid me off with a straight lol.
  • edited April 2011
    the biggest joke of this whole fiasco, is that i have listened to this for not weeks, or mnths but years. now if i had any doubt any at all i would have spent some of my 10k losses and done something about it. 1) new computer 2) poker lessons 3) a book on social skills ("how to win friends and influence people") would be a good start. keep chucking good money after bad aaron and one day rodney" we will be milllioneers".  it reminds me of a story i once heard- a man walking down a street in the deep south of america. he stopped and chatted to a man on his porch and the man offered him a drink. whilst drinking his drink he noticed the mans dog was lying on the porch whimpering. the traveller asked the man "whats wrong with your dog". the man replied "hes lying on a nail poking up through the boards" "why doesnt he move" said the traveller, coz he likes the attention and it aint hurtin him enough!!!!"
    Posted by pod1
    Bet those influenced people did ne buy u any beer.! Nah its bad money after good, although money is all bad especially when u havent earned it..money is ROOTer of all evil..money buys nothing in my world.

i think ure prolly forgettin where u came from abit,if its attention i needed id be on the fin tv every day whomping ure a$s into submission and making u do ads for clover !

by the way ill let u into a litlle secret my game isnt nessararely nl holdem.!

When u gonna man up and admit im just a better poker player than you?

ohh but thats right u went to westgate dint ya whilst i went to kings!...you must think ure bigup manbragging on my posts and sayig how bad I am.u may need some elocution lessons to work out those hate posts u keep makin.Or may be electricution!

• edited April 2011
    u might find that last bit a bit difficult cos i took away the chair! lol
  • edited April 2011
    u might find that last bit a bit difficult cos i took away the chair! lol
    Posted by AJW1976

So how long have you and Pod been friends?

• edited April 2011
    not sure hes ever been one of My freinds,however im sure theres room fer improvement...not sure why he bigs up on me on my posts though..

Personally never gave me a prob at winal or otherwise,always been nice to him ,he doesnt like me critising him though or another guy i know ..some people just dont like me ,.I can accept that.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : cheers noseybonk for the advice,...nothing I already knew about tbh. Do they secure the network packet delivery on the ip though thats what I wanna know.,why is this little chinese don port scannning in the 1st place ? whats his reasonin every time I  log in and womp my poker accounts into work -mode. Ive had so many malware/trojans illcit browser hijacks,weirdo cookie files and swf files and other crxp on here to work it out...even ran the chkdsk and every time comes back with same ole file errors even after reinstall and after getting a new harddrive.These poker sites even fulltilt ap they mess something up on here that fact mon. all about the privilages u give these companys when u download thier softeware..
    Posted by AJW1976
    Why does anyone do this?

Very sad people! However, remember it's not YOU (the person) that is being targetted - it's an IP address.
    Why is your IP address included in these scans? Many possible reasons. They could be just scanning whole network ranges which includes your address, or your address could be specifically targetted because (and I quote)

"Ive had so many malware/trojans illcit browser hijacks"

They could be back to see if they can still utilise those trojans/hijacks.

Are you using static or dynamic addressing on your internet-facing ethernet port? If you're using dynamic you could try re-establishing the session so you get a new address - might help. If you're using static you could try asking your ISP if you can have a new address.

However I'd just ignore it as even if you get rid of this particular 'scanner' chances are others will be out there. If I switched on logging on my port I'm sure it would be busy all day! I use NAT on that port so the router is just ignoring all that rubbish.

• edited April 2011
    Bet those influenced people did ne buy u any beer.! Nah its bad money after good, although money is all bad especially when u havent earned it..money is ROOTer of all evil..money buys nothing in my world.

i think ure prolly forgettin where u came from abit,if its attention i needed id be on the fin tv every day whomping ure a$s into submission and making u do ads for clover !

by the way ill let u into a litlle secret my game isnt nessararely nl holdem.!

When u gonna man up and admit im just a better poker player than you?

ohh but thats right u went to westgate dint ya whilst i went to kings!...you must think ure bigup manbragging on my posts and sayig how bad I am.u may need some elocution lessons to work out those hate posts u keep makin.Or may be electricution.this makes no sense! the whole thing makes no sense! you make no sense!!!
  • edited April 2011
    I now have a mental picture of a little guy in China hacking Mickey Mouse's computer to prevent him beating the cash bubble in a Sky freeroll.

Can I borrow your bacofoil hat please Elsa?
  • edited April 2011
    How do you know it's not used to help combat fraud ? What do you think it's being used for if it's not to help combat fraud ?
  • edited April 2011
    LOL for five minutes at Pods "This makes no sense....THIS MAKES NO NENSE" post.

Am a non practicing mental health nurse and seeing all signs of illusions of grandeur and bipolar here.

Hooch is crazy :)
  • edited April 2011
    maybe this is the famous zombienet that was apparent hosted what was called  GHOSTNET in one of the china provinces. Isincerely believe they have the culpability to infect /bypass any given computer system given the right tools. Just easy to target someone constantly because they have the information passed to them from the sites i have used ie gaming websites etc. I know my virgin media are preety awful in sorting out these issues since they say contact thier inbranch people in china to stop it from going on ie spam mail and so forth but seriously the chinese do absolutely nothing and whenever you email them you get no responce. I have noticed lately that ip hasnt spammed me but instead other chinese ones have now done so. anyway something defo happened with the sky network ,other people have noticed something funnny about it.Im not the only one who is complaining here by the way. Something just aint right and whoever is in charge knows what the  bleep is going on obviously. Thinnk sky poker prolly lost too much money.!!They needed another way. Ever thought about how and why all the poker sites including fulltilt and pokerstars use this iesnare rubbish? I just wondered why this was embedded in the ACTUAL SOFTWARE IN THE FULLTILT DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AS AN OCX SWF FILE..  look maybe im wrong but why have these sites got it . To say its an anti-fraud device is such utter bs non-sense in the higheste order!!
    Posted by AJW1976

thats like saying why has sky poker got a chat box...most software is compiled from a number of units...what exactly are you saying?an american invented a piece of software the chinese are spying on us with,and causing bad beats?
    sounds.....errr......logical :)

• edited April 2011
    noseybonk do u have any idea why my harddrive is getting read errors after chkdsk and chkdsk/f  .EVEN AFTER reinstall .? The harddrive seems fine and its quite new but im forever getting read errors and logged reports going onto the disc. Could there be any surface damage here . I also want to know about the sky cookies , as when I get those cookie files from sky on my pc they record these in my index files that come up on the chkdsk as read errors. Anything to worry about  as you seem like a reasonable computer knowledged person,?....regards Aaron.
    Posted by AJW1976
    CHKDSK? The command line version is not the best tool. Have you tried the Windows version? (My Computer, right-click <drive>, Properties, Tools, Error Checking). At least that's how you get there on XP Pro. I still run that...

Perhaps you've got a bad area on your drive. If so a reformat would probably mark those areas as such so they wouldn't get used again, however that's a major job as you'd have to completely rebuild your software installation.

As for the Sky cookies. Well I only have three, one of which is for the community. Nothing to really think about there to be honest - completely normal cookies.

• edited April 2011
    PURE TALENT so funny

• edited April 2011
    PURE TALENT so funny
    Posted by mattybuy
    listen we havent all won a gizillion $$$wedge like u have online have we now?  but i will still keep trying .

gl in the regionals today as well Matt,..players like you dont fully grasp the concept of bluffing but in time my freind You will master it like I have done lol.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Irishrover was right---- site has changed, and is now ripping us off : yo acidity, what u think its fer then? its no anti-fraud device let me assure you.!  why isnt thier any info on this? Do u know who iesnare and iovation comes from?? the same cheating person that invented the absolute poker software MR YOU KNOW WHO..... But then of course you didnt know that did you now ! what is iovation in clear detail ?who are they and what do they do
    Posted by AJW1976
    You've still not answered what you think it is being used for.
  • edited April 2011
    Not anti-fraud thats for sure ,perhaps they should change it to FRAUD instead.!@ stiffing up loyal poker players . And what do you know about it?. Please do give us your professional explanation,Im sure you know what it is and what it does. How does Greg pierson do it ? Is is via remote access backdoor trojan hop? I mean lets imagine they CAN access your computer forget the anti-virus ,there are programs on the market to bypass systems ,. Tel me how they do it step by step in detail ,...Or does 2plus2 find out in about 6 months via the absolute poker /ultimatebet scam fiasco.   Because believe me you think Its not possible to still see persons cards,well youre wrong ptr proved it. Im sure iovation think its hilarious to spy on peoples computers and get away with it. Wont be hilarious when people get pffft at them for breaking privacy laws.
    Posted by AJW1976

i think i would probably be better off if they could see my cards, the amount of fishes that call me behind...:)