You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night SHOWWWWWWWWWWwwwww Thread

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Good afternoon. No, it's not Orford's Thread, you are stuck with me doing the Show Thread.

How so?

PRODUCER - (to me) - "can you do the Show Thread please, Orford is running late?"

ME - "Again?, he's always late"

PRODUCER - "He's awfully sorry"

ME - "He's just awfully awful, imo".

PRODUCER - "That good?"

So, tonight's Show will feature........

Comments

• edited April 2011
    the suspense is killing me........
  • edited April 2011
    So, tonight's Show will feature........

Orford when he gets there
  • edited April 2011

The SHOW does not start until 9pm, & before that, Rich & I will be doing no less than THREE Pre-Records, 2 for "Challenge TV", & one for Channel 865. Very similar Shows, but for legal & OFCOM reasons, they have to be scripted & delivered with subtle differences. Like Orford understands "subtle". He's about as subtle as a half-brick through the front window.

Tonight's Live Show will feature coverage of PRIMO, which starts at 8pm. (EIGHT PM), but note the Show does not start until 9pm, though.

Coverage also of tonight's VLV Semi-Final, which already has 17 runners, with more to come from the 5pm Q-F, & Direct Buy-Ins. The 17 already saeated are.......

themoose172500  swiper2500  roy19522500  penguin72500  mcg8992500  kidgrimsby2500  howkie2500  grimreap252500  evilfsh12500  cookie832500  chepstow2500  bromley042500  bazbazbaz2500  NoFinAce2500  Massoud102500  HAPPYNIGE42500  Cardbeater2500   
    Plus....some Updates on tonight's 9.30pm SPT Semi-Final. Seats for that are going at a rapid rate, & at present, only 100 are "on offer", so get in quick if you plan to try & qualify.

Coverage, too, of some 50p-£100 Cash Action, probably from MasterCash Tables 11 & 12.

Hopefully, we'll be spared Orford's dreadful DisasterMind, but I fear he'll want to be the most annoying quizmaster since Noel Edmonds & Anne Lemon Barley yet again. Ho hum. So, if you want to be on the Show, or in DisasterOrf, the Show e-mail address is......

skyopen@bskyb.com

I think.

And tonight's Show Thread theme(s)?

Next Post...... 
  • edited April 2011

So, tonight's first Show Thread theme.

1) Dumb expressions, or things people say.

When your Mum or Dad need to give you a clip round the ear.

"This will hurt you more than it will hurt me".

Oh rly?

At the Supermarket checkout.

"Would you like to come to this till".

Err, if I wanted to, I'd have stood there. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nagging wife to hubby, who wants to go to the pub tonight. 

"You don't want to go to the pub tonight"

Err, I do.

Hairdresser to customer....

"Shall I take a bit off the ends?"

Nope, take it off the middle.

And worst of all....

"Was that photo taken when you were younger?

Nah, it was taken tomorrow.

Or the Cashier in the shop, when you give them a £10 note.

"Do you have any smaller at all".

At all, AT ALL, wtf does "at all" mean?!?drtyyu,t6futf7i7i6xdeaarrggh

Best example wins a TSP Classic Seat.

Enter as many times as you like, but a SEPERATE POST for each Entry, please. I want a nice longggggg thread, so that Orford gets jealous.

AND another TSP Classic Seat will be on offer for the second theme, which is.......
  • edited April 2011

Thread theme 2.......

Poker expressions which make you cringe.

"Thought so, I knew you had aces when I called."

"One time" (frtilgk,ijkidoxjp cfn.kp[lhfykhp[lkx[pj,p[hl,[p,t)

"Let's gogogogo"

"I was so unlucky"

"So, the flop came......."

"Guess what he called me with"

"Show one, show all". g.f,c[jp.dlptflfp[clyk00u6krdokdr0[yk0[yd5kra[0kr

"There's no Small Blind, it's not worth stealing".

"Low limit players are so bad, if I could afford to play higher stakes, I could be a winner".

"Sort it out, Sky Poker". vlgok.[pro6=-p4mkpu-]oppp[lp]pylrd][;7-]lupaarrrdgghdfsiour5uin

You get the idea. Best one read out gets a TSP Classic Seat. SEPERATE POST for each suggestion, please.

Let's gogogo - whoops, I mean, OK, let's get started.

We need FIFTY replies before the Show starts. Err, please? 

That'll teach Orford to turn up late.

• edited April 2011
    this one gets me every time

when you misplace something someone will always utter the immortal words..............
     "It's always in the last place you look".

Of course it is.
    Why the hell would I keep looking after I've found it ?

• edited April 2011
    1) Dumb expressions, or things people say.

Another supermarket one when the checkout operator asks if you would like help packing your bags ?

I've got three items !......why would I need help ?
  • edited April 2011
    Sigh. What a load of utter drivel from the oldster. Sorry folks, I'll make sure I budget in some extra time to write the show thread next time.   ;)

PS- I am NOT late! I've actually been in the studio gallery for the past hour and a half polishing the scripts for tonight whilst Mr. Saga has been faffing about on the internet in the office.

Good topics though: one of my pet hates expressions in poker is:

"Alright then, I'll give you a spin!"

Argh! No, don't give my AK a spin with your 7-2 for my tournament life!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night SHOWWWWWWWWWWwwwww Thread:
    Sigh. What a load of utter drivel from the oldster. Sorry folks, I'll make sure I budget in some extra time to write the show thread next time.   ;)PS- I am NOT late! I've actually been in the studio gallery for the past hour and a half polishing the scripts for tonight whilst Mr. Saga has been faffing about on the internet in the office. Good topics though: one of my pet hates expressions in poker is: "Alright then, I'll give you a spin!" Argh! No, don't give my AK a spin with your 7-2 for my tournament life!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Great timing in finishing the scripts Rich just as the show thread is completed lol.
    on a serious note tho I hope you enjoyed your birthday present from all us Scousers yesterday dedicated to the Baggies no1 fan
  • edited April 2011

Looking for something you lost, such as car keys.....

Wife - "where did you leave them?"

Or "I got caught speeding today"

"That was a daft thing to do"

#p[;ctfokl7o[gpkl]x;
    ]/j.]pf[l;,]pltplnkm.gyu;gyulpgylpgljpgyfjypaaaarrrffgghhhDAVINA IS A DONKEYl.ug.kuh'g,.pvgyjlpljojokjfojk,mk,p.,jmb,v,jm,pu,
  • edited April 2011

Hi Tikay............going to miss the show 2nite (off to work shortly) but i luv your replies to the dumb questions even better.............so here goes....man yells out to young boy...... 'Oi, I'll bloody teach you to throw stones at my greenhouse' and gets the classic cheeky reply,.... 'Awww,......cheers mister, I keep missing'. 
    Have a good show ,........bfn Billy.
  • edited April 2011
    When making a bluff on the river and you get called,
    And your opponent says 'just a full house'
    JUST! are you joking that clearly beats my 10 high.
  • edited April 2011
    When you're out for a drive with your wife and then you get lost,
    your wife always says 'lets just go home'
    Does she not realise were lost?!
  • edited April 2011
    Stupid expressions: "Can I borrow a tissue?"

No, you can have one, because I'm sure as hell not likely to be wanting it back.
  • edited April 2011
    I've actually been in the studio gallery for the past hour and a half polishing the scripts for tonight whilst Mr. Saga has been faffing about on the internet in the office.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hold on a second.

The show is scripted? You mean Tikay's grumping isn't spontaneous?
  • edited April 2011

poker expression

"I know i'm losing, but i call!"

If you know your losing FOLD!

• edited April 2011
    "Triple range merge"? ;-)
  • edited April 2011
    Poker quote:

I dont play any two suited cards. I play any two non suited cards. That way I am drawing at two different flushes.
  • edited April 2011
    stupid expressions

"can i ask you a question?"

just flippin ask it!!!
  • edited April 2011

my mum saying to me after climbing a tree, if you break your leg, don`t come running to me !!!!!

• edited April 2011
    PS- I am NOT late! I've actually been in the studio gallery for the past hour and a half polishing the scripts for tonight, so thats what they call it nowadays is it?

Here is one, "you will go deaf", guess what prompted that one?

The boogyman will get you, really?, O goody, I want to wake you up when I scream :)

Who is producer tonight please?
  • edited April 2011
    stupid expressions "can i ask you a question?" just flippin ask it!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    think thats good actually.  gets people prepared for a question...if people just came out with it then it might seem a very weird thing to just ask people.

min for poker is so long.

old guy limping utg with K8s then when faces with a raise behind he chuckles, says I'm getting value and then flops quads OMGOSH

at the final table live the other night, I was raising every button as usual.  keep taking them down.  SB comes out with comedy every hand like 'I had 2 diamonds, I had a big feeling that 2 diamonds would come on the flop and you'd hit top pair so I thought it best to fold' and  when the BB defended and the flop come A J 4 'I knew I shoulda called with my J4 it felt like a lucky hand'.
  • edited April 2011
    Hello Chaps!!

Worst poker tiltmeunhappy is ''I'm calling you blind' WFT are you supposed to do with that, at least have the decency to look at your cards before you crack my aces with 95 soooted!!!!!

Favourite poker saying (even though you didn't ask for it...) is 'Okay, let's dance', I also like 'flopmehappy'!! Maybe I like them because they're mine and I'm biased ;o)

xx

• edited April 2011
    favourite poker expressions :-
    1) You donk/muppet when ive won their chips
    2) The rng is so rigged
    3) The worst hand always seem to win!!!

Dumb sayings :-
    1) 'Is that a blind dog for the guides'
    2) 'fun sized' chocolate bars - no they aint fun, they're small you fool.
    3) 'This is the last time im going to tell you' - for the hundredth time lol.
    4) Did i wake you?
  • edited April 2011
    Dumb expressions:

If I've told you once, Ive told you a million times not to exaggerate!

The old ones are the best!
  • edited April 2011
    Poker cringes.  All players, who've been super gobby all night, then win a flip, or as a massive underdog stacking someone. Then saying:

"ty ty" or "boooooom", "I totally deserved that"  - self congratulatory players are the lowest rung of the ladder

Stupid sayings.

"That'll learn you" - teach, teach, it's teach

"There's more than one way to skin a cat" - true, but ultimately a bit grim

"PIN Number" - Personal Identification Number Number.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great show tonight guys and see you at Leeds or are Ed and James on SPT duty in Yorkshire? This is not a rubdown Rich, honest :)

Dan (dtm75)
  • edited April 2011
    "John, John...John are you awake?"
  • edited April 2011
    Daft Sayings

When someone rushes off to the loo they come back and say "sorry I was caught short" WTH does that mean?
    Mother to child "stop picking your nose or your brains will fall out" always wondered why I wasn't all there!
  • edited April 2011
    Stupid Sayings

I get to the till @ asda with £150 worth of shopping, and the kind checkout girl asks "Would you like any bags?" noooooooooooooooooooo thank you im gonig to manaage to carry all of this in my arms!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    "John, John...John are you awake?"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    moves out of mums IMO.  life beat