You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Im confused are you a rocker or a dj?

Surely you can't be both, unless you have a load of bon jovi on vinyl?? ;)

PS. You do look a bit like mick hucknall...............
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    Im confused are you a rocker or a dj? Surely you can't be both, unless you have a load of bon jovi on vinyl?? ;) PS. You do look a bit like mick hucknall...............
    Posted by donkeyplop

Oh , i forgot ,you dont get out much,I mean for 1)how do you know who Mick Hucknall is?  that in itself is something nobody should admit... and2) to have a recollection for the man must mean that you liked his music,and that is unforgiveable...

and
    3)all Djs ROCK
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    loooooool ur such a tw^t! love it :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi guys,

I have played numerous games on this site in the last 3 months or so, but have probably spent more time reading the forums (initially for stategy and advice), but have been side tracked and went off at a tangent following leads to previous posts etc, some posters are very informative and have definetly improved my game, however 2 or 3, maybe more just seem intent on posting to knock people without any justifiable cause.  The main culprit without doubt is a serial poster called Dohhhhhhh. When I first joined the site I paid carefull attention to all site rules especially..Flaming
    Put simply, ‘flaming’ is hostile and insulting interaction between users. We’ve got Wiki to thank for that explanation. Our policy at Sky Poker is simple: do not personally abuse or insult other members in your posts. Debate and disagreement is fine, insulting is not. It’s really that simple.Yet for some reason this guy seems exempt ......
    Can you tell me why?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Hi guys, I have played numerous games on this site in the last 3 months or so, but have probably spent more time reading the forums (initially for stategy and advice), but have been side tracked and went off at a tangent following leads to previous posts etc, some posters are very informative and have definetly improved my game, however 2 or 3, maybe more just seem intent on posting to knock people without any justifiable cause.  The main culprit without doubt is a serial poster called Dohhhhhhh. When I first joined the site I paid carefull attention to all site rules especially.. Flaming Put simply, ‘flaming’ is hostile and insulting interaction between users. We’ve got Wiki to thank for that explanation. Our policy at Sky Poker is simple: do not personally abuse or insult other members in your posts. Debate and disagreement is fine, insulting is not. It’s really that simple. Yet for some reason this guy seems exempt ...... Can you tell me why?
    Posted by rabbiteyes
    Because his posts are tongue in cheek and he also gives great advice to people wanting to learn.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Because his posts are tongue in cheek and he also gives great advice to people wanting to learn.
    Posted by donkeyplop

Tongue in whose cheek?...

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Hi guys, I have played numerous games on this site in the last 3 months or so, but have probably spent more time reading the forums (initially for stategy and advice), but have been side tracked and went off at a tangent following leads to previous posts etc, some posters are very informative and have definetly improved my game, however 2 or 3, maybe more just seem intent on posting to knock people without any justifiable cause.  The main culprit without doubt is a serial poster called Dohhhhhhh. When I first joined the site I paid carefull attention to all site rules especially.. Flaming Put simply, ‘flaming’ is hostile and insulting interaction between users. We’ve got Wiki to thank for that explanation. Our policy at Sky Poker is simple: do not personally abuse or insult other members in your posts. Debate and disagreement is fine, insulting is not. It’s really that simple. Yet for some reason this guy seems exempt ...... Can you tell me why?
    Posted by rabbiteyes

Apparently, and confidentially ......... he's Tikay's love child. 

• edited April 2011

I wasn't being hostile.

I just implied that DJ was being a t**t towards kiwi, and that it was funny.

• edited April 2011
    This thread has cheered me guys! Cheers all.

The bigger questions are....

1) How did Machka NOT win a seat?
    2) Is DOH Tikay's Great great great grandson?
    3) Who is going to Brighton on Bank Holiday Monday for the traditional Mods v Rockers punch up?
    4) Are all the old skool...Irish, Elsa, DJ and me just grumpy old men?
  • edited April 2011
    I wasn't being hostile. I just implied that DJ was being a t**t towards kiwi, and that it was funny.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

maybe you should stop calling people names, of any sort...

and cmon , who has been telling porkies...:)
  • edited April 2011
    come on dj, you know what jj is like and if he can get a rise out of some one he will. dont think he wasnt calling you a t~~t, just you were acting like one towrds kiwini. i think having  a thread calling a player an idiot (harthorns) is far worse. dont rise to it mate! ps all djs rock!!
  • edited April 2011
    come on dj, you know what jj is like and if he can get a rise out of some one he will. dont think he wasnt calling you a t~~t, just you were acting like one towrds kiwini. i think having  a thread calling a player an idiot (harthorns) is far worse. dont rise to it mate! ps all djs rock!!
    Posted by pod1

No pod, i think any sort of personal name calling is wrong,no matter by who,or where,if you look at football for example then you see what happens when players are allowed to swear and answer back....

I myself used to play Hockey, a sport where there is no backchat or vulgarity allowed full stop.. and i think if we are going to address the issue of insults,we should have a zero tolerance policy full stop..

also the mods are supposed to be trusted by the players otherwise the whole system is brought into disrepute..

Who will believe anyone that s caught lying in a postion of trust?

• edited April 2011
    i agree to a point mate, IF you were playing at the time , fair enough , but this a forum and we arnt sat around a poker table so your sport analogy is not correct. the other thing you have to remember is jj is from up north and they are so uncouth in around that area. us southerners are slightly more refined and wouldn't use language like that. (someone got to rise to that lol)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : No pod, i think any sort of personal name calling is wrong,no matter by who,or where,if you look at football for example then you see what happens when players are allowed to swear and answer back.... I myself used to play Hockey, a sport where there is no backchat or vulgarity allowed full stop.. and i think if we are going to address the issue of insults,we should have a zero tolerance policy full stop.. also the mods are supposed to be trusted by the players otherwise the whole system is brought into disrepute..Who will believe anyone that s caught lying in a postion of trust?
    Posted by djblacke04

I think DJ's point is being overlooked or intentionally ignored.

He asked a pertinent question and was called a name. The important thing is the question not the added diversion of name-calling.
  • edited April 2011
    fair point elsa. yes i think kiwini has something to answer for, but the forum prob isnt a good place to do it imo
  • edited April 2011
    This thread has cheered me guys! Cheers all. The bigger questions are.... 1) How did Machka NOT win a seat? 2) Is DOH Tikay's Great great great grandson? 3) Who is going to Brighton on Bank Holiday Monday for the traditional Mods v Rockers punch up? 4) Are all the old skool...Irish, Elsa, DJ and me just grumpy old men?
    Posted by MAXALLY

Answers 

1.  It was his day off

2.  You missed out two "great"s

3.  No one.  The Mods are too wimpy and the Rockers are too old

4.  Yes

Happy Easter ;o)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Hmmm reminds me of the Bill Clinton episode... i thought the whole point of being a Mod,was to be honest,reliable and sympathetic to all views... we have it quite clear in black and white what you said,but ,you have acted very inappropiately,this is very concerning as ,i had a lot of respect for the Mods,as i feel they do a very dificult job.. this however shows me that you should not be a mod,and i hope sky will take action. there is no place for deceit,especially in the nature of this game... Sky can appoint whoever they so wish,but it would be nice to see someone who has a broader view of things...
    Posted by djblacke04
    OK I don't HAVE to prove anything as I know that I have told the truth the whole way through but you seem intent to trying to destroy my good name.

I did not know about winning the twitter prize until I first read this thread at which point I sent the following Twitter message. 

Sky_Poker OOps I missed this my alias is Kiwini4u is it too late?

This was at approximately 7.45 on Thursday

When I didn't receive a reply I decided to buy into the game:-

21 Apr '11 at 19:59Poker£15k Sky Sports BH£-33.00£0.00AHand HistoryOn Friday I received the following Twitter message from SkyPoker

Sky_Poker Sky Poker
    kiwin4u We did not hear from you before the event, so you have FREE entry into next week's BH final. Please contact us to confirm your reg.

At which point I replied

Sky_Pokerkiwin4u Thanks, need to check my twitter page more often lol. My poker alias is Kiwini4u. (Steve)

As yet they have not entered me for next weeks game but I imagine thats because it is a Bank holiday weekend.

FYI if you follow Sky Poker on twitter you will also see that I was not the only person not to reply in time for entry into last weeks game and those people have also been offered seats into next weeks bounty hunter game.

It would be nice if you would apologise for making unfounded allegations against me.

Steve

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : OK I don't HAVE to prove anything as I know that I have told the truth the whole way through but you seem intent to trying to destroy my good name. 1) I did not know about winning the twitter prize until I first read this thread at which poit I sent the following Twitter message.  Kiwini4u Steve Packford @ @ Sky_Poker OOps I missed this my alias is Kiwini4u is it too late? 21 Apr Favorite Reply Delete
    Posted by Mod_Kiwini
    I think it was more you're wording of it " i never played this either " which looked abit odd

As a mod  ( and believe it or not i have been one on other sites) i would think you have to check then double check anything you put in a forum and not fuel the fire when arguments or misunderstanding happen with comments that would obv wind people up

Noseybonk and Machka have the right idea by silently moderating imo and not getting involved in arguments or leaving comments that will obv annoy people that are already annoyed
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : I think it was more you're wording of it " i never played this either " which looked abit odd As a mod  ( and believe it or not i have been one on other sites) i would think you have to check then double check anything you put in a forum and not fuel the fire when arguments or misunderstanding happen with comments that would obv wind people up Noseybonk and Machka have the right idea by silently moderating imo and not getting involved in arguments or leaving comments that will obv annoy people that are already annoyed
    Posted by Neildown
    As you can see from my rather extensive response above, you only saw my first draft, I am not one to sit back and let people walk over me.

I can understand what you are saying and will take your suggestion onboard but when attacked I will defend myself.

And YES you are right I did mis-speak when I said I didn't play in the game, what I meant to say was I didn't get free entry

Steve
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : As you can see from my rather extensive response above, you only saw my first draft, I am not one to sit back and let people walk over me. I can understand what you are saying and will take your suggestion onboard but when attacked I will defend myself. And YES you are right I did mis-speak when I said I didn't play in the game, what I meant to say was I didn't get free entry Steve
    Posted by Mod_Kiwini
    Steve I also didn't see it until very late.

I was informed that they have noted my account saying I'm entitled to a free Thurs night BH entry, and can use it anytime, just by ringing/contacting CC and asking them to enter me in any tourny, as long as it's in the lobby.

I'll prob end up using it around xmas time. lol.

One of the winners was stressing right up until 7-50, they hadn't been entered and were desperate to play, they got it at the last minute!!

• edited April 2011
    oops it looks like I inadvertandly touched a nerve, sorry this wasn't my intention at all. But this saga reminds me of Bill Clinton ""I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Everybody brushed it under the carpet at the time even though they knew what the truth was, I think I should let you guys carry on as normal, to me it sounds funny but thankfully I have better things to do than post 8000+ messages into cyberspace
  • edited April 2011
    ooo, ok then did you delete your post ..??

so even after you were found out, you are now trying to use your postition to rectify the matter...

you posted this...which was subsequently deleted

In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : The guys who ran this didn't know we were Mods as they had to ask us for our poker id's before we were entered into the game. Like Dohhhhhhh I didn't play in this last night as I didn't check my twitter account in time but have now been told the entry is valid for next week, which I fully intend to take up. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u

an apology to me ... i think...

it is quite clear that you denyed even playing,until we posted your exit hands....

that is deceitful... you could have just said i paid to get in...but you didnt...we wouldnt have cared,i think ,that all credibility should be withdrawn.

i think you should make a public apology in general chat...

• edited April 2011
    OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Kiwini4u (Steve) has not deleted ANY posts! He has an issue with that account which requires a Sky Admin to sort out, which hasn't been possible yet. It happened at about 11.25am on Sat 23rd Apr. If anyone was paying attention they'll have spotted it then. If you search for posts from kiwini4u you will not find any. Once admin sorts it the posts will re-appear and he will be able to post using that account.

• edited April 2011
    this thread is awesome, FWIW i put that mods shud not be allowed to win free entries to tourneys. I assume for helping out the forum they get the odd freebie anyway? + it does always seem to be the same

Dohhh is not a mod so that part is incorrect and he was obviously calling u a twit ;)

I do agree again tho if someone wins an entry and then decides to play another day thats a bit weird but they are sky's rules and ill doubt they will change
  • edited April 2011
    Kiwini4u (Steve) has not deleted ANY posts! He has an issue with that account which requires a Sky Admin to sort out, which hasn't been possible yet. It happened at about 11.25am on Sat 23rd Apr. If anyone was paying attention they'll have spotted it then. If you search for posts from kiwini4u you will not find any. Once admin sorts it the posts will re-appear and he will be able to post using that account.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Now sorted.

• edited April 2011
    Posted by NoseyBonk

so all his posts disappeared then reappeared again..?????

LOL  of course ....

because in the entire time this forum has been open,there have been sooo many cases of all your posts disappearing,just at the same time a 'inappropriate' post.......was observed...

i can see why tikay loves  ...

Forced disappearanceFrom      , the free encyclopedia
    For other topics related to "disappearance", see Disappeared (disambiguation) and Desaparecidos
     (disambiguation).

forced disappearance (or enforced disappearance) occurs when a person is secretly imprisoned

or killed by agents of the state or by another party, such as a terrorist or criminal group. 

The party responsible for a disappearance does not admit to having carried out the act, 

thereby placing the victim outside the protection of the law.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : so all his posts disappeared then reappeared again..????? Posted by djblacke04
    Correct. I could make yours do the same if you want a demonstration? ;-)

• edited April 2011
    Love this forum, didnt bother reading the O/P as thought it was just another brag post!! just skipped to the last few post`s, but then had to go back to the start to find out how it could all turn out like this. The moral of the story is always read the entire thread as it dont take long before the insults start flying about, Abusing each other FTW :-)
  • edited April 2011
    The long and the short of it is Steve did not use his free entry which he won, quite rightly, though facebook to play in the BH.

He used his own money and entered the tournament.

Steve's non Mod account had some issues and that led to all his posts being deleted, this has happened in the past, and will  no doubt happen in the future, just one of those annoying things which happens with modern technology.

The point is Steve has done nothing wrong, other than win a competition which you think he was not entitled to enter.

Unfortunately , for you, he is entitled to enter these competitions so there you go.  Live with it 
  • edited April 2011
    The long and the short of it is Steve did not use his free entry which he won, quite rightly, though facebook to play in the BH. He used his own money and entered the tournament. Steve's non Mod account had some issues and that led to all his posts being deleted, this has happened in the past, and will  no doubt happen in the future, just one of those annoying things which happens with modern technology. The point is Steve has done nothing wrong, other than win a competition which you think he was not entitled to enter. Unfortunately , for you, he is entitled to enter these competitions so there you go.  Live with it 
    Posted by JockBMW

Thats not true...

and i do not like the tone of your response,hmmm are you a mod..?

oh yes you are,Kiwini told a fib,had every chance to rectify it simply,was shown the proof,all of a sudden his posts disappear..what are reasonable people to think...???

the competition is not the issue, i previously said i am not personally agrieved,but i feel as a community we have the right to question how often MODS and Dohhhhhh seem to win competitions......

and as soon as a MOD is shown to be deceitful,action should be taken..

all i asked for was an apology in general chat...

but now i fear the ball has started rolling out of MOD control...

no place for porky pies in upstanding communties..

shameful,is all in black and white....