You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???

Comments

• edited April 2011

wow still going on..... FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    [QUOTE]wow still going on..... FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

I WOULD WIN LOL!! - HOWEVER I DONT LIKE FIGHTING!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : like you he should, but when are you going to?
    Posted by loonytoons

what have i got to post for?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : [QUOTE ]wow still going on..... FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Posted by loonytoons

What you drinking Loony?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : [QUOTE ]wow still going on..... FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Posted by loonytoons

i challenge you to a rap battle....

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : I WOULD WIN LOL!! - HOWEVER I DONT LIKE FIGHTING!!!! Posted by loonytoons
      i challenge you to a rap battle....
    Posted by djblacke04

does this include a bit of abba, the nolans and daniel o'donnel? oh and an original Westlife hit?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : I WOULD WIN LOL!! - HOWEVER I DONT LIKE FIGHTING!!!! Posted by loonytoons
    What you drinking Loony?
    Posted by elsadog[/QUO

Diet coca cola all night - seriously lol, im always like this, just ask my ...............................lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : What you drinking Loony? Posted by elsadog[/QUO Diet coca cola all night - seriously lol, im always like this, just ask my ...............................lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Therapist? Psychologist? Warder?  ................ I give up :o)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Therapist? Psychologist? Warder?  ................ I give up :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    Its warden, not warder you donk, obviously you have not had a miss - spent youth! if you said warder in some of the places i've frequented you would have been probably be spending a lot of your time bending over backwards sayin 'yes boss' 'whatever ya say boss' :)))))
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Its warden, not warder you donk, obviously you have not had a miss - spent youth! if you said warder in some of the places i've frequented you would have been probably be spending a lot of your time bending over backwards sayin 'yes boss' 'whatever ya say boss' :)))))
    Posted by loonytoons
    Ahem! ..............  Wilkipedia FTW

Nounwarder (plural warders)guard, especially in a prison.
    Nounwarden (plural wardens)chief administrative officer of a prison

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Ahem! ..............  Wilkipedia FTW Noun warder  ( plural   warders ) A  guard , especially in a  prison . Noun warden  ( plural   wardens ) A  chief   administrative   officer  of a  prison
    Posted by elsadog
    exactly! tell some of my mates its a 'noun' 'plural' 'a chief administrative officer' lol and see how far your as s goes lol!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : exactly! tell some of my mates its a 'noun' 'plural' 'a chief administrative officer' lol and see how far your as s goes lol!!!!
    Posted by loonytoons

So you all had jobs in the prison library ......... I see, I think.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : So you all had jobs in the prison library ......... I see, I think.
    Posted by elsadog
    I know ya found my last post funny!! cos i did lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : I know ya found my last post funny!! cos i did lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    :o)
  • edited April 2011

hmmm, we seem to have drifted off the subject somewhat..

lets see what happens with competitions this week..

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Its warden, not warder you donk, obviously you have not had a miss - spent youth! if you said warder in some of the places i've frequented you would have been probably be spending a lot of your time bending over backwards sayin 'yes boss' 'whatever ya say boss' :)))))
    Posted by loonytoons
    You must have done hard time in America,because in this country the are referred to as officer..or governor......

lol
  • edited April 2011

Good afternoon.

This thread contains a mixture of mischief-making & trolling, as per, but the comments by djblacke04 are entirely out of order.

Sky Poker do not need to "fix" anything, why would they? If they want to thank the Mods for their work by way of a few free entries, they can, & they will. You'd need to have some strange mind to think Sky Poker would need to fiddle them a free entry. The Event had a £33 entry tag - do you really think a national brand would risk it's reputation for £33? They don't, & they won't.

There is also no good reason for Mods to be excluded from "Free Entry Competitions". Why should they be? They are trusted by the vast majority of right-minded players, always have been, & always will be, & so are Sky Poker. The Mods are all honest people, & Sky Poker is a very legally-compliant organisation, staffed by honest people. It's bang out of order to suggest otherwise when you have no evidence at all. A Moderator winning a competition is not evidence.

Moderators will continue to be eligible for Free Entry Competitions, they should not & will not be discriminated against for being volunteers. 

And I expect they will continue to be attacked by a handful of players simply because they are Mods. So be it, it goes with the territory, but I'm happy to defend them, & I will, they deserve our gratitude for the job they do. A Mod won a Free Entry competition? So what? They have the same chance as everyone else, exactly the same. It would be "fixing it" to exclude them!

The thread suggests they have acted improperly. They have not. Not a shred of evidence has been presented to suggest otherwise, nor can it be, because there is none.

The thread suggests Sky Poker have acted improperly. They have not. Rinse repeat as to total lack of evidence.

Nobody has acted improperly, or done a thing wrong, except the OP who has suggested, for no good reason, malpractice, but he's presented no evidence.

There has to be a limit to the scurrilous allegations made, & made without evidence, & that limit has been reached, & I'd request that he refrain from further inappropriate comment. 

Do the Mods get regular freebies? Not that I'm aware of, no. They have, however, been invited to play the Leeds SPT as Guests of Sky Poker, by way of thanking them for all their hard work. I don't believe (to my knowledge) this has ever happened before, but with a change of Management roles at Sky Poker, it was suggested by the new Head of Poker, Richard Milner, that the Mods should receive some tangible "thank you" from Sky Poker. I expect to big them up in Leeds, too, & I know the regulars will be wholly supportive of that,
    & will treat them with the respect they thoroughly deserve. I will wager that they get the biggest cheer of the day in the "pre-Comp" announcements, & deservedly.

PS - Technically, I am, a Moderator here, I have Mod "access rights", & I get copied in on all Mods "round-robin" e-Mails, but I do not use my Moderation rights, & I never have done, not once. I reserve the right to do so, though.

I am happy to take ANY questions on this matter, as long as they are fair & reasonable, & posed in a civil manner, including questions as to impropriety.

I'd ask you not to make any further libellous statements, though, please, because they are not acceptable, & it's wrong to throw this stuff around without a shred of evidence, & it's wrong to so impugn the integrity of the Moderators, or Sky Poker.

Thanks.

• edited April 2011
    Members of Staff or anyone connected in any way to "Camelot Lottery" are excluded from entering or buying a Lottery ticket to the Lottery Draw. The reason being suspicion of collusion to let them win should their numbers come up. Silly rule or not it stops anyone pointing the finger at them.?

Sky Poker is not Camelot so they can do what they like regard treating volunteer Mods to a free entry. Why not put a bigger bounty on their heads to attract disgruntled Area51 posters to take the prize. Win Win fwiw   
  • edited April 2011
    Members of Staff or anyone connected in any way to "Camelot Lottery" are excluded from entering or buying a Lottery ticket to the Lottery Draw. The reason being suspicion of collusion to let them win should their numbers come up. Silly rule or not it stops anyone pointing the finger at them.?    Sky Poker is not Camelot so they can do what they like regard treating volunteer Mods to a free entry. Why not put a bigger bounty on their heads to attract disgruntled Area51 posters to take the prize. Win Win fwiw   
    Posted by logdon
    Thanks Loggy.

Moderators are not part of Sky Poker, not staff, & not connected in any way. The whole idea of Community Moderation, as practised here & elsewhere, is that it's regular members & players do do the Moderation.

"fingers of suspicion being pointed"? I don't buy that, I'm afraid. There are always people who will accuse, knock, troll, but that's no reason to disadvantage the volunteer Moderators. Are their critics so churlish as to want them excluded from Promotions? It's pretty low if they do.

The stuff aimed at Kiwi over the last few days has been nothing short of disgraceful, & my admiration for the way he & the other active Moderators have handled it is immense.
  • edited April 2011
    Good afternoon. This thread contains a mixture of mischief-making & trolling, as per, but the comments by djblacke04 are entirely out of order. Sky Poker do not need to "fix" anything, why would they? If they want to thank the Mods for their work by way of a few free entries, they can, & they will. You'd need to have some strange mind to think Sky Poker would need to fiddle them a free entry. The Event had a £33 entry tag - do you really think a national brand would risk it's reputation for £33? They don't, & they won't. There is also no good reason for Mods to be excluded from "Free Entry Competitions". Why should they be? They are trusted by the vast majority of right-minded players, always have been, & always will be, & so are Sky Poker. The Mods are all honest people, & Sky Poker is a very legally-compliant organisation, staffed by honest people. It's bang out of order to suggest otherwise when you have no evidence at all. A Moderator winning a competition is not evidence. Moderators will continue to be eligible for Free Entry Competitions, they should not & will not be discriminated against for being volunteers.  And I expect they will continue to be attacked by a handful of players simply because they are Mods. So be it, it goes with the territory, but I'm happy to defend them, & I will, they deserve our gratitude for the job they do. A Mod won a Free Entry competition? So what? They have the same chance as everyone else, exactly the same. It would be "fixing it" to exclude them! The thread suggests they have acted improperly. They have not. Not a shred of evidence has been presented to suggest otherwise, nor can it be, because there is none. The thread suggests Sky Poker have acted improperly. They have not. Rinse repeat as to total lack of evidence. Nobody has acted improperly, or done a thing wrong, except the OP who has suggested, for no good reason, malpractice, but he's presented no evidence. There has to be a limit to the scurrilous allegations made, & made without evidence, & that limit has been reached, & I'd request that he refrain from further inappropriate comment.  Do the Mods get regular freebies? Not that I'm aware of, no. They have, however, been invited to play the Leeds SPT as Guests of Sky Poker, by way of thanking them for all their hard work. I don't believe (to my knowledge) this has ever happened before, but with a change of Management roles at Sky Poker, it was suggested by the new Head of Poker, Richard Milner, that the Mods should receive some tangible "thank you" from Sky Poker. I expect to big them up in Leeds, too, & I know the regulars will be wholly supportive of that, & will treat them with the respect they thoroughly deserve. I will wager that they get the biggest cheer of the day in the "pre-Comp" announcements, & deservedly. PS - Technically, I am, a Moderator here, I have Mod "access rights", & I get copied in on all Mods "round-robin" e-Mails, but I do not use my Moderation rights, & I never have done, not once. I reserve the right to do so, though. I am happy to take ANY questions on this matter, as long as they are fair & reasonable, & posed in a civil manner, including questions as to impropriety. I'd ask you not to make any further libellous statements, though, please, because they are not acceptable, & it's wrong to throw this stuff around without a shred of evidence, & it's wrong to so impugn the integrity of the Moderators, or Sky Poker. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10

for 1) this thread started as a poll to see what people thought...
         2) i have never metioned anything to do with fixing or anything libelous perhaps you can show me different
         3) kiwini did not have to post anything on this thread.
         4) No allegations of any sort were made against SKY POKER.
         5) dont get your knickers in a twist...this is area 51....dont give us ammunition.:) 
         6) i dont like fishing...
         7) Mick Hucknall?  David Hasselhoff or Howard Donald ...maybe
  • edited April 2011

He was only joking.

Surely?

• edited April 2011
    He was only joking. Surely?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

it wasnt me who said the love child bit :)
  • edited April 2011
    Good afternoon. This thread contains a mixture of mischief-making & trolling, as per, but the comments by djblacke04 are entirely out of order. Sky Poker do not need to "fix" anything, why would they? If they want to thank the Mods for their work by way of a few free entries, they can, & they will. You'd need to have some strange mind to think Sky Poker would need to fiddle them a free entry. The Event had a £33 entry tag - do you really think a national brand would risk it's reputation for £33? They don't, & they won't. There is also no good reason for Mods to be excluded from "Free Entry Competitions". Why should they be? They are trusted by the vast majority of right-minded players, always have been, & always will be, & so are Sky Poker. The Mods are all honest people, & Sky Poker is a very legally-compliant organisation, staffed by honest people. It's bang out of order to suggest otherwise when you have no evidence at all. A Moderator winning a competition is not evidence. Moderators will continue to be eligible for Free Entry Competitions, they should not & will not be discriminated against for being volunteers.  And I expect they will continue to be attacked by a handful of players simply because they are Mods. So be it, it goes with the territory, but I'm happy to defend them, & I will, they deserve our gratitude for the job they do. A Mod won a Free Entry competition? So what? They have the same chance as everyone else, exactly the same. It would be "fixing it" to exclude them! The thread suggests they have acted improperly. They have not. Not a shred of evidence has been presented to suggest otherwise, nor can it be, because there is none. The thread suggests Sky Poker have acted improperly. They have not. Rinse repeat as to total lack of evidence. Nobody has acted improperly, or done a thing wrong, except the OP who has suggested, for no good reason, malpractice, but he's presented no evidence. There has to be a limit to the scurrilous allegations made, & made without evidence, & that limit has been reached, & I'd request that he refrain from further inappropriate comment.  Do the Mods get regular freebies? Not that I'm aware of, no. They have, however, been invited to play the Leeds SPT as Guests of Sky Poker, by way of thanking them for all their hard work. I don't believe (to my knowledge) this has ever happened before, but with a change of Management roles at Sky Poker, it was suggested by the new Head of Poker, Richard Milner, that the Mods should receive some tangible "thank you" from Sky Poker. I expect to big them up in Leeds, too, & I know the regulars will be wholly supportive of that, & will treat them with the respect they thoroughly deserve. I will wager that they get the biggest cheer of the day in the "pre-Comp" announcements, & deservedly. PS - Technically, I am, a Moderator here, I have Mod "access rights", & I get copied in on all Mods "round-robin" e-Mails, but I do not use my Moderation rights, & I never have done, not once. I reserve the right to do so, though. I am happy to take ANY questions on this matter, as long as they are fair & reasonable, & posed in a civil manner, including questions as to impropriety. I'd ask you not to make any further libellous statements, though, please, because they are not acceptable, & it's wrong to throw this stuff around without a shred of evidence, & it's wrong to so impugn the integrity of the Moderators, or Sky Poker. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10

If Sky wish to award free entry to tournaments or anything else for that matter then they should just do it. It's their business if they want to reward anyone for whatever they wish. However, there is something to be said about allowing them to enter ''competitions'' because if and when they (the mods) win they will always be open to suspicion by some. That is why virtually any competition, if you read the small print, is usually closed to employees, and their family. It stops any suggestion of favouritism. I understand that the Mods are not employees as such but they are seen as a tool of the management.So, why don't Sky do just that, reward the Mods in any way they wish to, and leave the competitions to the members. It seems to me, you shouldn't really be taken aback when there is some resentment over the results when you leave yourselves so open to conjecture and suspicion.

As for Toby (DJ) well I think he was peeved that what he thought was a better entry of his, being overlooked in favour of '' Oohh I want one please'' or whatever it was. The choice is Sky's and that is the end of the matter, but he felt he had been outdone. Whether he was right to post it is arguable but that isn't Trolling. The whole thing stepped up a gear when Kiwi posted quite clearly that he hadn't played and that he was carrying his free entry over to another time. I must be honest, I was puzzled when I read that because I had seen his name in the players list. Maybe it all got a bit out of hand but it should never have been allowed to get to that stage.

I assume the comments about Trolling are aimed at DJ. I don't agree, he may have pursued his point a little too far but he normally contributes to the forum in a positive and often humerous way and has done for some time. He is well liked by many players and to be designated a Troll is over the top. He may have been too vigorous on this occasion but there have been instances in the past which have been way in excess of what should be acceptable on a forum, and yet they were allowed to continue far too long. DJ certainly doesn't fall into that catagory

As for the comment about the thread being a mixture of mischief making and trolling. This is area 51 and most threads are tongue in cheek, generally humorous and full of mischief. As far as mischief goes I'm probably the biggest culprit. Am I to take it that is not acceptable any longer? If you over-sanitize and neutralize the forum you will end up with the only posts being from the mods and the presenters because a bit of mischief, humour and disagreement keep a forum alive and interesting.

All it ever needed was a short post to put things into perspective at the start, and probably this would not have gone too far.

• edited April 2011

Alan, I'm not going to bat this back & forth all day & night, I have other things to do, I'm sorry.

You have made a whole series of incorrect assumptions in your Post, though.

If mischief-making floats your boat, fine, go ahead.

It may have been better to nip it in the bud, yes, but I have taken a few days break from Sky Poker, so I never saw it. Today, I was asked to defend the Mods, & Sky Poker, & so I did.

I hope you & your family had an enjoyable Easter weekend.

• edited April 2011
    Alan, I'm not going to bat this back & forth all day & night, I have other things to do, I'm sorry. You have made a whole series of incorrect assumptions in your Post, though. If mischief-making floats your boat, fine, go ahead.   It may have been better to nip it in the bud, yes, but I have taken a few days break from Sky Poker, so I never saw it. Today, I was asked to defend the Mods, & Sky Poker, & so I did. I hope you & your family had an enjoyable Easter weekend.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you - we did.

My boat floats very well thank you.

I hope you had a nice break too. Welcome back.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : for 1) this thread started as a poll to see what people thought...      2) i have never metioned anything to do with fixing or anything libelous perhaps you can show me different      3) kiwini did not have to post anything on this thread.      4) No allegations of any sort were made against SKY POKER.      5) dont get your knickers in a twist...this is area 51....dont give us ammunition.:)       6) i dont like fishing...      7) Mick Hucknall?  David Hasselhoff or Howard Donald ...maybe
    Posted by djblacke04
    Hi,

As I just said to Alan, I'm sorrry, but I'm not going to debate this all day & all night, I have better things to do, & I'm surprised you are making such a noise over a "Free Entry" Competition. It's not like you even paid to enter it, it's a freebie!

No allegations made against Sky Poker? Favouritism exempted, you mean?

If you claim you never made libellous comments, perhaps you'd like to re-visit this, & give some thought as to how you would react if such things were said about you. You'd go loopy if such comments were aimed at you, & you know you would. In one Post alone, you stated......

"....i thought the whole point of being a Mod,was to be honest,reliable and sympathetic to all views......"

Which suggests what, exactly? That he is not honest?

".....we have it quite clear in black and white what you said,but ,you have acted very inappropiately,this is very concerning as ,i had a lot of respect for the Mods,as i feel they do a very dificult job......."

"Inappropriately"? How? Why? In what way? He has done NOTHING inapprropriate, & no evidence exists to suggest he has.

".....this however shows me that you should not be a mod,and i hope sky will take action....."

What shows you he should not be a Mod? He has not done a thing wrong. And you know that.

".....there is no place for deceit,especially in the nature of this game....."

Deceit? What, deceit in like "dishonesty". Deceit as in "lying"? He has not deceived anyone, he has no need to.

So, they are not "allegations"? I'm curious what they are, then, but please excuse me, as I won't be responding further when you do the reveal.

Have a good evening, & I hope you enjoy your poker. 

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Hi, As I just said to Alan, I'm sorrry, but I'm not going to debate this all day & all night, I have better things to do, & I'm surprised you are making such a noise over a "Free Entry" Competition. It's not like you even paid to enter it, it's a freebie! No allegations made against Sky Poker? Favouritism exempted, you mean? If you claim you never made libellous comments, perhaps you'd like to re-visit this, & give some thought as to how you would react if such things were said about you. You'd go loopy if such comments were aimed at you, & you know you would. In one Post alone, you stated...... "....i thought the whole point of being a Mod,was to be honest,reliable and sympathetic to all views......" Which suggests what, exactly? That he is not honest? ".....we have it quite clear in black and white what you said,but ,you have acted very inappropiately,this is very concerning as ,i had a lot of respect for the Mods,as i feel they do a very dificult job......." "Inappropriately"? How? Why? In what way? He has done NOTHING inapprropriate, & no evidence exists to suggest he has. ".....this however shows me that you should not be a mod,and i hope sky will take action....." What shows you he should not be a Mod? He has not done a thing wrong. And you know that. ".....there is no place for deceit,especially in the nature of this game....." Deceit? What, deceit in like "dishonesty". Deceit as in "lying"? He has not deceived anyone, he has no need to. So, they are not "allegations"? I'm curious what they are, then, but please excuse me, as I won't be responding further when you do the reveal. Have a good evening, & I hope you enjoy your poker.   
    Posted by Tikay10

well correct me if am wrong....

'I did not play in the BH'....

but we saw u..

then posted your exit hand..

honest people dont tell lies do they?

that what Honesty means......i dont tell lies...

simple...iniit?

oh and then all his posts disappeared...

then they returned after i pointed out that i had in fact copyied the text from the original post.....

then ' i can make all your posts disappear if i want'

sorry Tikay but that was out of line..

,we know whats coming...

Defamation—also called calumnyvilificationtraducementslander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individualbusinessproductgroupgovernment, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false,[2][not specific enough to verify] and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or image

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : If Sky wish to award free entry to tournaments or anything else for that matter then they should just do it. It's their business if they want to reward anyone for whatever they wish. However, there is something to be said about allowing them to enter ''competitions'' because if and when they (the mods) win they will always be open to suspicion by some. That is why virtually any competition, if you read the small print, is usually closed to employees, and their family. It stops any suggestion of favouritism. I understand that the Mods are not employees as such but they are seen as a tool of the management.So, why don't Sky do just that, reward the Mods in any way they wish to, and leave the competitions to the members. It seems to me, you shouldn't really be taken aback when there is some resentment over the results when you leave yourselves so open to conjecture and suspicion. As for Toby (DJ) well I think he was peeved that what he thought was a better entry of his, being overlooked in favour of '' Oohh I want one please'' or whatever it was. The choice is Sky's and that is the end of the matter, but he felt he had been outdone. Whether he was right to post it is arguable but that isn't Trolling. The whole thing stepped up a gear when Kiwi posted quite clearly that he hadn't played and that he was carrying his free entry over to another time. I must be honest, I was puzzled when I read that because I had seen his name in the players list. Maybe it all got a bit out of hand but it should never have been allowed to get to that stage. I assume the comments about Trolling are aimed at DJ. I don't agree, he may have pursued his point a little too far but he normally contributes to the forum in a positive and often humerous way and has done for some time. He is well liked by many players and to be designated a Troll is over the top. He may have been too vigorous on this occasion but there have been instances in the past which have been way in excess of what should be acceptable on a forum, and yet they were allowed to continue far too long. DJ certainly doesn't fall into that catagory As for the comment about the thread being a mixture of mischief making and trolling. This is area 51 and most threads are tongue in cheek, generally humorous and full of mischief. As far as mischief goes I'm probably the biggest culprit. Am I to take it that is not acceptable any longer? If you over-sanitize and neutralize the forum you will end up with the only posts being from the mods and the presenters because a bit of mischief, humour and disagreement keep a forum alive and interesting. All it ever needed was a short post to put things into perspective at the start, and probably this would not have gone too far.
    Posted by elsadog
    I explained on page 1 of this thread that the winners were randomly drawn from a hat, what part of drawn from a hat does the OP not understand!

His posts disappeared because in replying to a thread by him I misclicked the Block user button instead of the reply button, a simple mistake when using a Smartphone! I had to alert staff to get the block removed, nothing sinister.