You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Correct. I could make yours do the same if you want a demonstration? ;-)  
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Is that a threat....??

hmm,getting very nasty  from MOD land.....am quite frankly shocked....this could be seen as intimidation...

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....???:
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Steve I also didn't see it until very late. I was informed that they have noted my account saying I'm entitled to a free Thurs night BH entry, and can use it anytime, just by ringing/contacting CC and asking them to enter me in any tourny, as long as it's in the lobby. I'll prob end up using it around xmas time. lol. One of the winners was stressing right up until 7-50, they hadn't been entered and were desperate to play, they got it at the last minute!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

also how do you know one of the winners was stressing until 10 mins before the tournement if you were not  here and could not play?

and how do you know the other winner?
    if there was 5 places and at least 3 of you know each,another one is a mod....hnmmm 4 out of 5....:)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Is that a threat....?? hmm,getting very nasty  from MOD land.....am quite frankly shocked....this could be seen as intimidation...
    Posted by djblacke04
    Nah, I used a winky smiley (= joke).
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : also how do you know one of the winners was stressing until 10 mins before the tournement if you were not  here and could not play? and how do you know the other winner? if there was 5 places and at least 3 of you know each,another one is a mod....hnmmm 4 out of 5....:)
    Posted by djblacke04
    Coz I was waiting checking the lobby right up until 8pm to make sure I wasn't entered.

I could have played, just would have preferred to play another time, as nobody got back to me, I had to hold on just incase they put me in.

Would hate to miss a freebie!!

I added the other guy on twitter to see if he had heard anything.

• edited April 2011
    this is area 51 at its finest!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Nah, I used a winky smiley (= joke).
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Sry Nosey - winky smile or no winky smile you're pushing it. 

....and all you mods jumping in to defend ...... methinks thou protesteth too much
  • edited April 2011
    this is area 51 at its finest!!!
    Posted by pod1
    Couldn`t agree more, roll on a few more drinks to get it going proper.
  • edited April 2011

''The long and the short of it is Steve did not use his free entry which he won, quite rightly, though facebook to play in the BH''.

So he won his freebie on Facebook and the others won theirs on twitter?

The plot thickens!
  • edited April 2011
    ''The long and the short of it is Steve did not use his free entry which he won, quite rightly, though facebook to play in the BH''. So he won his freebie on Facebook and the others won theirs on twitter? The plot thickens!
    Posted by MAXALLY

LOL  Classic Alan Classic
  • edited April 2011
    ''The long and the short of it is Steve did not use his free entry which he won, quite rightly, though facebook to play in the BH''. So he won his freebie on Facebook and the others won theirs on twitter? The plot thickens!
    Posted by MAXALLY

Oh Bollockians .... trust you to pick up on that Alan lol   Obviously it was twitter he won it on ;o)

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Oh Bollockians .... trust you to pick up on that Alan lol   Obviously it was twitter he won it on ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Are you sure Jock? ..... are you really sure?  Would you like to delete all your threads and start again?

• edited April 2011
    Dohhhhhh i'v not won any competitions since Sky Rich left, who do i need to flirt with now to stand a chance?
  • edited April 2011
    Dohhhhhh i'v not won any competitions since Sky Rich left, who do i need to flirt with now to stand a chance?
    Posted by Neildown
    lol!

Ive had quite alot lately, I dunno what I'm doing right.

Blame whoever encouraged me to join twitter for the last few!!

Just post on every thread and call alot of people names. Easy game.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : lol! Ive had quite alot lately, I dunno what I'm doing right. Blame whoever encouraged me to join twitter for the last few!! Just post on every thread and call alot of people names. Easy game.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

so you intend to upset people?

clearly against sky s policies,hmmmmm

• edited April 2011

It just shows tho,50% of people think that MODS should not be allowed in competitions,

says something.

ps...thast 5 mods with 2 accounts,each......so there should be 10 votes for no..:)

+dohhh makes 11

• edited April 2011
    It just shows tho,50% of people think that MODS should not be allowed in competitions, says something. ps...thast 5 mods with 2 accounts,each......so there should be 10 votes for no..:) +dohhh makes 11
    Posted by djblacke04

The mere fact that you think the Mods would use both their accounts to vote shows how little you understand what they do for this site and the reasons they do it 

And for the record I am a MOD, I do have two accounts My own account, this one that I post in my own name and bears no relation to anything to do with Sky and which I use to hold my bank roll and play poker with.  The other account Mod_JockBM is used to post with regard to any issues that are in breach of the Rules that govern the Sky Poker Forum.  

I didn't vote in your poll and I would be very surprised if any of the other mods did.  I can tell you for a fact none of us used our two accounts to vote.

Oh and by the way you're wrong,  your poll didn't show that 50% of people think that mods should be allowed in the competitions......  it showed that 50% of people think they should  ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    Lol at alot of these posts!

It's like being back at school all over again.

Dj go spin some dubstep, smoke a bifda and chill in the sun maaaaaaaaan!
  • edited April 2011
    It just shows tho,50% of people think that MODS should not be allowed in competitions, says something. ps...thast 5 mods with 2 accounts,each......so there should be 10 votes for no..:) +dohhh makes 11
    Posted by djblacke04
    LOL, your up bright and early for a bit more trolling! Out of 200,000 registered players you get a sample audience of 21 and counting, so that leaves 199,979 more people to vote, hardly 50% of the players is it, just 50% of the people who regularly visit the area 51 part of the site, and most of them think sky is rigged anyway, some even believe they have been abducted by aliens, or the man on the grassy knoll shot Kennedy, or Diana was murdered in a conspiracy, or Gordon Brown was a good prime minister etc etc - and yes you do look like Mick Hucknall :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : LOL, your up bright and early for a bit more trolling! Out of 200,000 registered players you get a sample audience of 21 and counting, so that leaves 199,979 more people to vote, hardly 50% of the players is it, just 50% of the people who regularly visit the area 51 part of the site, and most of them think sky is rigged anyway, some even believe they have been abducted by aliens, or the man on the grassy knoll shot Kennedy, or Diana was murdered in a conspiracy, or Gordon Brown was a good prime minister etc etc - and yes you do look like Mick Hucknall :)
    Posted by loonytoons

200,000 registered players..???

lol...

please,ive heard a lot,but this is quite exceptional...

if that were true, it would mean that sky kept 1% of its players online at busy times...

i think in this current climate is would be good business sense to keep players happy,
    if of course you were thinking of the long term gains...and future....

maybe im the only unhappy chappie...

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : 200,000 registered players..??? lol... please,ive heard a lot,but this is quite exceptional... if that were true, it would mean that sky kept 1% of its players online at busy times... i think in this current climate is would be good business sense to keep players happy, if of course you were thinking of the long term gains...and future.... maybe im the only unhappy chappie...
    Posted by djblacke04

Statement from Sky Poker

posted at 16/4/2011 2:07 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 8/4/2011
    Last: 24/4/2011
    We are aware of the recent news regarding action taken by the US Department of Justice against some poker sites who accept customers from the USA.

We want to reassure you that Sky Poker is not affected by this action and continues to operate as normal.

Sky Betting & Gaming has never accepted customers from the USA and operates fully within UK law. We are fully licensed to operate in the UK and are independently licensed and regulated by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. Sky Betting & Gaming is part of the Sky Broadcasting Group, owned by British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC, a trusted and regulated company listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Trust is very important to Sky Betting & Gaming and we know that this is important to our customers at times like these. We have over 200,000 registered active players and provide a secure, safe and reliable way to play and experience online poker.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us - here
    Are you saying that sky poker is telling lies - if so would you be prepered to resign your account as a reasonable request for spreading false information?

• edited April 2011
    i agree that sky has its 'favourates' as they always seem to be the ones winning the free entry competions
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : 200,000 registered players..??? lol... please,ive heard a lot,but this is quite exceptional... if that were true, it would mean that sky kept 1% of its players online at busy times... i think in this current climate is would be good business sense to keep players happy, if of course you were thinking of the long term gains...and future.... maybe im the only unhappy chappie...
    Posted by djblacke04
    And you have not answered anywhere the mick hucknall question :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Statement from Sky Poker posted at 16/4/2011 2:07 PM BST on SkyPoker.com Sky_Poker Posts: 25 First: 8/4/2011 Last: 24/4/2011 We are aware of the recent news regarding action taken by the US Department of Justice against some poker sites who accept customers from the USA. We want to reassure you that Sky Poker is not affected by this action and continues to operate as normal. Sky Betting & Gaming has never accepted customers from the USA and operates fully within UK law. We are fully licensed to operate in the UK and are independently licensed and regulated by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. Sky Betting & Gaming is part of the Sky Broadcasting Group, owned by British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC, a trusted and regulated company listed on the London Stock Exchange. Trust is very important to Sky Betting & Gaming and we know that this is important to our customers at times like these. We have over 200,000 registered active players and provide a secure, safe and reliable way to play and experience online poker.   If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us - here Are you saying that sky poker is telling lies - if so would you be prepered to resign your account as a reasonable request for spreading false information?
    Posted by loonytoons

Whatever it says it doesn't appear to be so from the numbers playing. That may include Sky Bet and Bingo. I can't believe there are 200,000 active poker player members even if you include the play tables. The word ''active'' may mean active in the last 12 months btw. 

In fact reading it again it relates to Sky Betting and Gaming which includes slots and everything lumped in. Not just poker.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : Whatever it says it doesn't appear to be so from the numbers playing. That may include Sky Bet and Bingo. I can't believe there are 200,000 active poker player members even if you include the play tables. The word ''active'' may mean active in the last 12 months btw.  In fact reading it again it relates to Sky Betting and Gaming which includes slots and everything lumped in. Not just poker.
    Posted by elsadog
    FFS - Theres always one!!! :) ps, are you saying like dj that sky are liars lol? - go on, put it on recordable record lol
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by djblacke04
    so you are saying that sky are lying? Maybe you would like to join Kiwini4u in general chat and offer an appology? - its easy to write somthing and be misunderstood????
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : so you are saying that sky are lying? Maybe you would like to join Kiwini4u in general chat and offer an appology???
    Posted by loonytoons

If the inference is that there are 200,000 active poker players they are lying. You I think are mis-interpreting it though.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : so you are saying that sky are lying? Maybe you would like to join Kiwini4u in general chat and offer an appology? - its easy to write somthing and be misunderstood????
    Posted by loonytoons

has kiwini posted in general chat then?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : If the inference is that there are 200,000 active poker players they are lying. You I think are mis-interpreting it though.
    Posted by elsadog
    haha i believe this as much as you do lool, but the discussion is the troll lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HMMMM...So Who got a free entry into tonights BH..then....??? : has kiwini posted in general chat then?
    Posted by djblacke04
    like you he should, but when are you going to?