You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?

edited November 2011 in Area 51

I've played on plenty of poker sites and have never even come close to one that i've had soo many bad beats.

I know I just sound like a moaning whinge bag but it's bordering on the ridiculous.

I'm not just speaking for myself you see them more often than you see a hand stand up.

AA 4-1 favourite. Not on here.

It's fantasy poker all for the tv.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Try the sky poker fantasy football in The Shed
  • edited September 2009
    lol i usually laugh my head off at these posts...... I do have to say though that the underdogs are hitting a lot today. Ive seen 10's beat JJ twice in a row today and bat beads everywhere........ but hey ho!! chin up!!
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?:
    Try the sky poker fantasy football in The Shed
    Posted by MrMagooo
    Same here mate.  I love tis site, but Ive gotten my money in head 85% of the time the lastfew days and lost.  Tis getting silly.
  • edited September 2009

Domination is not as good as people think. Usually it makes you about a 70/30 favourite
    The fact is that if you're playing a tourney and get your money all-in 5 times when you're getting 70% of it, then 5 times out of 6 you will get busted.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Same here mate.  I love tis site, but Ive gotten my money in head 85% of the time the lastfew days and lost.  Tis getting silly.
    Posted by Bza3swords
    well i just ran my 7's into KK........ hit a turn 7.............. so guess its swings n roundabouts
  • edited September 2009
    lol i usually laugh my head off at these posts...... I do have to say though that the underdogs are hitting a lot today. Ive seen 10's beat JJ twice in a row today and bat beads everywhere........ but hey ho!! chin up!!
    Posted by dodgydaz
    I'm not talking just hole cards head to head bad beats

i'm talking runner runner and river to go with 2 outs bad beats the lot. I'm not fussy lol

e.g. i had pocket 6s. theres 3 limpers is flop 6s 5s 5c

dude bets dude calls i call

next card 9s

laughin i hope some dude has flush

dude bets dude re - raises i get it all-in

dude folds dude calls

with 2s  8s

river of course 7 s

straight flush

and its just bad beat after bad beat

am i just playing bad players i'm not brilliant but jesus
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : I'm not talking just hole cards head to head bad beats i'm talking runner runner and river to go with 2 outs bad beats the lot. I'm not fussy lol e.g. i had pocket 6s. theres 3 limpers is flop 6s 5s 5c dude bets dude calls i call next card 9s laughin i hope some dude has flush dude bets dude re - raises i get it all-in dude folds dude calls with 2s  8s river of course 7 s straight flush and its just bad beat after bad beat am i just playing bad players i'm not brilliant but jesus
    Posted by hoyski
    that is pretty sick! i think i might need a bacofoil hat...........
  • edited September 2009

It's a source of never-ending amazement to me that folks don't understand how poker & luck intermix. Or what they think the motive is for interfering with how poker works.

It's a beautiful game, & the way luck, & 52 cards, collude to prodice unexpected outcomes is the very beauty of the game to some. To others, they need to blame someone, when there is actually nobody to blame.

If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi Tikay

Are you saying i shouldnt invest on a bacofoil hat then???
  • edited September 2009
    Hi Tikay Are you saying i shouldnt invest on a bacofoil hat then???
    Posted by dodgydaz
    I think it would suit you actually. ;)

• edited September 2009
    Hi Tikay Are you saying i shouldnt invest on a bacofoil hat then???
    Posted by dodgydaz

Quick hijack,

I am just about to make myself a bacofoil hat but before I start, could someone tell me if its shiny side up, or shiny side to the head.  Dont want to get it wrong as I imagine this could be catastrophic.
  • edited September 2009
    Oi ! I paid good money for the rights to supply tin-foil hats on Sky. Business is booming at the moment but if you amateurs start making your own I'm never gonna cover my poker losses.

All Elsafoil hats are guaranteed to improve your chances at the poker table.....and they look good too, so go on put your order in today and impress your friends.( Sponsored by TIKAY Enterprises .com)
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Quick hijack, I am just about to make myself a bacofoil hat but before I start, could someone tell me if its shiny side up, or shiny side to the head.  Dont want to get it wrong as I imagine this could be catastrophic.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    On an Elf and safe tea issue, if you insist on making your own, make sure it's shiny side out. Otherwise you are in grave danger of reflecting brainwaves back and overheating your brain. However if your problem is continually having your all-in with 22 cracked this won't apply to you.

NEWSFLASH......see actual customer testimonial below
  • edited September 2009
    my bacofoil hat is working very well . im up 42 pence in 2 days allready , rock on.
  • edited September 2009
    It's a source of never-ending amazement to me that folks don't understand how poker & luck intermix. Or what they think the motive is for interfering with how poker works. It's a beautiful game, & the way luck, & 52 cards, collude to prodice unexpected outcomes is the very beauty of the game to some. To others, they need to blame someone, when there is actually nobody to blame. If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i fully understand how poker and luck mix. i've been playing for 3 years and on other sites have done really well. i've won tournaments with over 700 entrants. i've come in the top 200 out of over 6000 players. i can play, not brilliant but ok. what i am saying tho is what ever software u r on its a lot more exciting for the viewers rather than the players. and up until playing on your site i've been able to handle anything but its beyond a joke now. its a shame cos i like playing on ur site and have made 2 final tables in the sunday open under the wifes name tinkywinky. which i came 5th i think and went out with pocket rockets to q a off suit.

thanks for replying will stick at it and hope my luck turns
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : i fully understand how poker and luck mix. i've been playing for 3 years and on other sites have done really well. i've won tournaments with over 700 entrants. i've come in the top 200 out of over 6000 players. i can play, not brilliant but ok. what i am saying tho is what ever software u r on its a lot more exciting for the viewers rather than the players. and up until playing on your site i've been able to handle anything but its beyond a joke now. its a shame cos i like playing on ur site and have made 2 final tables in the sunday open under the wifes name tinkywinky. which i came 5th i think and went out with pocket rockets to q a off suit. thanks for replying will stick at it and hope my luck turns
    Posted by hoyski
    Yes, stick with it. Poker produces inexplicable changes of luck & fortune, & as sure as night follows day, an upswing will follow a downswing. But if you think it has anything to do with software, well, I'm sorry, that kite will never fly!

Good luck fella, it's a test of character, & right now, you are being tested. I'm sure you'll handle it.

One thing I should say to you, & I mean this in a helpful way, not censorious, because it's none of my business really, & you clearly do not realise the situation - but you mention you played on your wife's account. You should never - thats NEVER EVER - play on someone else's Account.

Any questions on that, feel free to ask, either on Thread, or via Private Message to me, & I'll help further if I can.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Yes, stick with it. Poker produces inexplicable changes of luck & fortune, & as sure as night follows day, an upswing will follow a downswing. But if you think it has anything to do with software, well, I'm sorry, that kite will never fly! Good luck fella, it's a test of character, & right now, you are being tested. I'm sure you'll handle it. One thing I should say to you, & I mean this in a helpful way, not censorious, because it's none of my business really, & you clearly do not realise the situation - but you mention you played on your wife's account. You should never - thats NEVER EVER - play on someone else's Account. Any questions on that, feel free to ask, either on Thread, or via Private Message to me, & I'll help further if I can.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Exactly, you gotta stick with it.  Ive made some good money from here...Im just having one of those "2 weeks" of bad luck...I found myself playing some questionable hands earleir out of frustration, so Im taking a few days off.  Cashed out earlier and starting on the micro stakes again...a little challenge for myself to build it up again.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Exactly, you gotta stick with it.  Ive made some good money from here...Im just having one of those "2 weeks" of bad luck...I found myself playing some questionable hands earleir out of frustration, so Im taking a few days off.  Cashed out earlier and starting on the micro stakes again...a little challenge for myself to build it up again.
    Posted by Bza3swords
    you do end up playing some dross trying to get sweet revenge lol
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : i fully understand how poker and luck mix. i've been playing for 3 years and on other sites have done really well. i've won tournaments with over 700 entrants. i've come in the top 200 out of over 6000 players. i can play, not brilliant but ok. what i am saying tho is what ever software u r on its a lot more exciting for the viewers rather than the players. and up until playing on your site i've been able to handle anything but its beyond a joke now. its a shame cos i like playing on ur site and have made 2 final tables in the sunday open under the wifes name tinkywinky. which i came 5th i think and went out with pocket rockets to q a off suit. thanks for replying will stick at it and hope my luck turns
    Posted by hoyski
    you say the software is dodgy so it makes it exciting for tv but only one tourny is shown a day out of the hundreds of games played.........
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Same here mate.  I love tis site, but Ive gotten my money in head 85% of the time the lastfew days and lost.  Tis getting silly.
    Posted by Bza3swords
    I agree mate.. time to go xxxx
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : I'm not talking just hole cards head to head bad beats i'm talking runner runner and river to go with 2 outs bad beats the lot. I'm not fussy lol e.g. i had pocket 6s. theres 3 limpers is flop 6s 5s 5c dude bets dude calls i call next card 9s laughin i hope some dude has flush dude bets dude re - raises i get it all-in dude folds dude calls with 2s  8s river of course 7 s straight flush and its just bad beat after bad beat am i just playing bad players i'm not brilliant but jesus
    Posted by hoyski
    here here bad bad site getting ridiculous now and losing some brilliant players  (regulars i might add ummm) sky you need to listen..and quick!!
  • edited September 2009
    It's a source of never-ending amazement to me that folks don't understand how poker & luck intermix. Or what they think the motive is for interfering with how poker works. It's a beautiful game, & the way luck, & 52 cards, collude to prodice unexpected outcomes is the very beauty of the game to some. To others, they need to blame someone, when there is actually nobody to blame. If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life.
    Posted by Tikay10
    is site, it is a very real issue

No disrespect Tikay but you would say that. i`ve been playing this site for a while now and MANY MANY REGULARS are saying the same thing and many are leaving. You can`t keep saying its the  losers that can`t hack bad beats as a permanet excuse as to the reason why they are saying it. It is a problem with this site,it is a very real issue and your explanation for such bad beats is no longer acceptable or indeed fair to fellow players

Candi
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : is site, it is a very real issue No disrespect Tikay but you would say that. i`ve been playing this site for a while now and MANY MANY REGULARS are saying the same thing and many are leaving. You can`t keep saying its the  losers that can`t hack bad beats as a permanet excuse as to the reason why they are saying it. It is a problem with this site,it is a very real issue and your explanation for such bad beats is no longer acceptable or indeed fair to fellow players Candi
    Posted by candi
    It's not disprespectful at all Candi.

It's a fact, it's how poker works, Live & Online, the world over.

I would say that? Why would that be? Do you really think I'd work here if everything was not 100% tickety-boo? Do you seriously think I'm dishonest, or the Staff who work here are dishonest? That Sky would allow their name to be tarnishd by messing with the software, when they would not get a penny of income or benefit from doing such a thing?

The Original Poster has now written to me, he's not going anywhere, he acknowledges he just had a bad run.

• edited September 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    what do you mean 52 cards?? ive got a joker up my sleeve lol
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : what do you mean 52 cards?? ive got a joker up my sleeve lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Doh! You've rumbled how Sky Poker do it. ;)
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : It's not disprespectful at all Candi. It's a fact, it's how poker works, Live & Online, the world over. I would say that? Why would that be? Do you really think I'd work here if everything was not 100% tickety-boo? Do you seriously think I'm dishonest, or the Staff who work here are dishonest? That Sky would allow their name to be tarnishd by messing with the software, when they would not get a penny of income or benefit from doing such a thing? The Original Poster has now written to me, he's not going anywhere, he acknowledges he just had a bad run.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thankyou for your response. I am certainly not saying anyone is being dishonest of course not im saying that this sites `bad beats` is more than on other sites, alot more. And what i meant by what i said was that you would say that as an explanation which to me isnt sufficient when compared to playing on other sites. Could you please explain then why this is, you would think it was a standard thing on all sites

Candi
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : thankyou for your response. I am certainly not saying anyone is being dishonest of course not im saying that this sites `bad beats` is more than on other sites, alot more. And what i meant by what i said was that you would say that as an explanation which to me isnt sufficient when compared to playing on other sites. Could you please explain then why this is, you would think it was a standard thing on all sites Candi
    Posted by candi
    If the software did not have 100% integrity, that would mean dishonesty by those who designed it, & work here.

You think there are more bad beats here than on other Sites, or Live, & you ask me to explain that? I cannot explain something that is untrue.

Do you have some evidence, then? How many bad beats are there elsewhere? And how many here? Woul you like to provide me some stats to back that up, please?

I happen to own 25% of another, altogether unconnected, but very well known, Online Poker Room & Site. It also has a Forum like this. I see the same allegations there, too - but in the 5 years I've been there, not one solitary soul has ever produced a single shred of evidence.

Have you never seen the nonsense that used to be on Ladbrokes Poker Forum? Or THM?

A-A v 2-7, Pre-Flop, is 88% - 12%. So 12 times in a 100, 2-7 will beat A-A. That's one time in 8. 8/1 shots are not miracles, or iffy software, they are 8/1 probabilities.

Thats why poker is such a fascinating & enjoyable game.

• edited September 2009
    Candi

Go and have a try at P Stars in the $50k $3 rebuy if you want to see crazy play and what you call bad beats. Believe me it will make you see things differently. Crazy calls and multiple player pots will always throw up the kind of results you're talking about. It's not the site it's the crazy plays that are the problem. Lots of players make crazy plys and lose but it's the ones that win that we tend to remember. Listen to Tikay.
  • edited September 2009
    Candi Go and have a try at P Stars in the $50k $3 rebuy if you want to see crazy play and what you call bad beats. Believe me it will make you see things differently. Crazy calls and multiple player pots will always throw up the kind of results you're talking about. It's not the site it's the crazy plays that are the problem. Lots of players make crazy plys and lose but it's the ones that win that we tend to remember. Listen to Tikay.
    Posted by elsadog
    Lol - now that Comp really IS hardcore bad-beat city. With about 6,000 runners, too!

You've not seen sick calls & bad beats until you play or watch that Tourney. Which is on the world's largest Online Room.
  • edited September 2009
    Candi Go and have a try at P Stars in the $50k $3 rebuy if you want to see crazy play and what you call bad beats. Believe me it will make you see things differently. Crazy calls and multiple player pots will always throw up the kind of results you're talking about. It's not the site it's the crazy plays that are the problem. Lots of players make crazy plys and lose but it's the ones that win that we tend to remember. Listen to Tikay.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thankyou Alan hunni
    I  now have an explanation to my predicament. The crazy plays..now that makes sense. So the crazy calls are the problem for the genuine players hence the bad beat.So we need to stop crazy calls? Can we do that? Does the software not recognise `crazy calls?¬ I wish it would do. Can`t we design the software to recognise this sort of play?