You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?:
    yeh but do you count the times everyone folded to your AA
    Posted by loonytoons
    pre flop all-ins i am talking about 1 on 1. i genuinely think i have lost more than i have won. it definately would be close
  • edited September 2009
    It is frustrating losing to terrible hands and it does seem to be on the increase, but we tend to forget when we hit the river or crack AA we only want to remember OUR bad beats
    Having not played many other sites can't compare but would be surprised if it was in the software.
    You just have to smile and be content that you played the hand correctly and lost to some one playing badly. 

billyboy69
  • edited September 2009
    If you want 100% certainty and a game of skill where luck has no bearing on events, you should play Chess.

Poker, the very beauty of it, is that people do make different decisions and call with hands that perhaps you yourself would not. They pay their entry and can play how they wish. A person may choose to go all in every single hand, this is their prerogative.

Personally if I get my money in ahead and I then lose. Say AA v. KK and the kings hit their set, then I am relaxed and do not mind. My decision was optimal but in this case the result was not.

If you make the right decisions in the long run (thousands of hands) you will be a winning player. If we focus on our quality of decisions rather than  being results based then we can absorb any 'bad beat's knowing we were the favourite and that in the long run we would come out ahead if we played that hand over and over again.

To put yourself in a postion where you are complaining of being a victim of a 'bad beat', is in fact a good thing. It means you were ahead and felt you were unlucky to lose. Thereby knowing you were in fact the favourite. What more can you ask for ;)

Ok time to cook lol

Dave
  • edited September 2009
    If you want 100% certainty and a game of skill where luck has no bearing on events, you should play Chess. Poker, the very beauty of it, is that people do make different decisions and call with hands that perhaps you yourself would not. They pay their entry and can play how they wish. A person may choose to go all in every single hand, this is their prerogative. Personally if I get my money in ahead and I then lose. Say AA v. KK and the kings hit their set, then I am relaxed and do not mind. My decision was optimal but in this case the result was not. If you make the right decisions in the long run (thousands of hands) you will be a winning player. If we focus on our quality of decisions rather than  being results based then we can absorb any 'bad beat's knowing we were the favourite and that in the long run we would come out ahead if we played that hand over and over again. To put yourself in a postion where you are complaining of being a victim of a 'bad beat', is in fact a good thing. It means you were ahead and felt you were unlucky to lose. Thereby knowing you were in fact the favourite. What more can you ask for ;) Ok time to cook lol Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    You are spot on mate, but it gets to the point where you make good decisions and in the long run they are still not paying off. it is very frustrating.  what you have said is exactly what i have toldl friends and other players when they go through bad patches. i still find that this site  compared to others is a bit "spectacular" to say the least. And again i'm not saying it is fixed or corrupt or anything like that. just a little different lol
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?:
    I've played on plenty of poker sites and have never even come close to one that i've had soo many bad beats. I know I just sound like a moaning whinge bag but it's bordering on the ridiculous. I'm not just speaking for myself you see them more often than you see a hand stand up. AA 4-1 favourite. Not on here. It's fantasy poker all for the tv.
    Posted by hoyski
    hoyski your spot on mate the sites a joke.. i never ever deposit any money in this s-ite i only play the frrerolls and ther rigged aswell. i would love 2 no how they get away with it, it all falls on sky deaf ears.but like u say we still play on it. i feel a bit better noing il never deposit againe
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : You are spot on mate, but it gets to the point where you make good decisions and in the long run they are still not paying off. it is very frustrating.  what you have said is exactly what i have toldl friends and other players when they go through bad patches. i still find that this site  compared to others is a bit "spectacular" to say the least. And again i'm not saying it is fixed or corrupt or anything like that. just a little different lol
    Posted by hoyski
    im saying its fixed and corrupt,, its as bent as dale winton
  • edited October 2009
    It's a soui trce of never-ending amazement to me that folks don't understand how poker & luck intermix. Or what they think the motive is for interfering with how poker works. It's a beautiful game, & the way luck, & 52 cards, collude to prodice unexpected outcomes is the very beauty of the game to some. To others, they need to blame someone, when there is actually nobody to blame. If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i think tikay is only saying this because he not only works for sky poker but he is a poker fanat ic.
    if you were on the other side you would be saying the same as us poor souls who are getting ripped off by 1 in a million hands ever day .
    AWAY TIKAY TELL THE TRUTH AND U MITE GO TO HEAVEN.
  • edited October 2009
    my bacofoil hat is working very well . im up 42 pence in 2 days allready , rock on.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    What is the matter with u lot,only just realising that BACOFOIL HATS work.LOL SEE YA AT THE TABLES LATERS
  • edited October 2009
    thats ok then candi i will put a reminder to everyone on the site to NEVER call you in case you get a bad beat, would that help
    Posted by loonytoons
    No, when i say a bad beat i am not referring to someone who calls im referring to someone who raises with nothing in their hand. What i call a bad beat raiser.Got that now?
  • edited October 2009
    hi hoyski  listen  to  what   tikay   says    m8    he  knows    what  hes  on  about    i   have seen  far  worst  bad  beats  live   than  yours     one  after  the other   u  cant  say  that  fixed  one  good   thing   teach    u  is  disapline  read  the  borad   amout   of  times  been    winning  on  the  flop    un  real   come  the  river   had   to  fold
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : i think tikay is only saying this because he not only works for sky poker but he is a poker fanat ic. if you were on the other side you would be saying the same as us poor souls who are getting ripped off by 1 in a million hands ever day . AWAY TIKAY TELL THE TRUTH AND U MITE GO TO HEAVEN.
    Posted by pelep
    Charming.......

I may not go to heaven, but it won't be for not telling the truth, my friend.

Remember, I play on this Site as much as anyone - in my own name, with my own money.

There is no such thing as a 1 in a million hand in poker, but outdraws are part & parcel of poker. Those who have not grasped that fact yet are never going to enjoy poker.

But just because you don't understand that, you should not accuse honest people of being dishonest. You have no idea of what sort of person I am, or how I live my life.
  • edited October 2009

Tikay, it's just best to ignore the mindless drivel that is spouted on area 51, these people are never going to learn and if they do, it will be in their own time.

• edited October 2009

Take the high road Tikay,

Neither you nor Sky need to explain yourselves.

He has already had one thread closed for abuse, He's now over here spouting the same old stuff to get his kicks.

From memory several people were put on warnings over his last thread.

Forum bans seem to be well overdue for some people.

There are better ways of putting over a point of view without resorting to questioning the integrity of a presenter or analyst.

• edited October 2009
    Take the high road Tikay, Neither you nor Sky need to explain yourselves. He has already had one thread closed for abuse, He's now over here spouting the same old stuff to get his kicks. From memory several people were put on warnings over his last thread. Forum bans seem to be well overdue for some people. There are better ways of putting over a point of view without resorting to questioning the integrity of a presenter or analyst.
    Posted by Hale72
     why when sky puts a chat ban on a player can they still go on the forum and chat. Why are they not banned from all chat whether seated at a table or not. Like you say, they get chat banned and then continue to spout rubbish on the forums
  • edited October 2009
    Domination is not as good as people think. Usually it makes you about a 70/30 favourite The fact is that if you're playing a tourney and get your money all-in 5 times when you're getting 70% of it, then 5 times out of 6 you will get busted.
    Posted by BigBluster
    how will you get busted 5 times out of 6 as a 70% favourite??????
  • edited October 2009
    tikay  was  not   getting  at  u  i was  backing  u    i  know  outdraws  are  part  and    parcel  of  the  game
  • edited October 2009

"how will you get busted 5 times out of 6 as a 70% favourite?????? " Posted by NICON

He meant you will bust out five tourneys out of 6 if you go all-in five times in each tourney as 70% favourite.
  • edited October 2009
    tikay  was  not   getting  at  u  i was  backing  u    i  know  outdraws  are  part  and    parcel  of  the  game
    Posted by scrumdown
    Yes, I'm aware of that Scrum, thank you. I was responding to a Post by another player.
  • edited October 2009
    "how will you get busted 5 times out of 6 as a 70% favourite?????? " Posted by NICON He meant you will bust out five tourneys out of 6 if you go all-in five times in each tourney as 70% favourite.
    Posted by JingleMa
    That is correct, strange as it may seem. It's a Maths thing, & the Maths never lie.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? :  why when sky puts a chat ban on a player can they still go on the forum and chat. Why are they not banned from all chat whether seated at a table or not. Like you say, they get chat banned and then continue to spout rubbish on the forums
    Posted by loonytoons
    I think they can impose forum bans for repeated abuse.

However, a chat ban and a forum ban for just a few people might make others consider their posts a bit more.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? :  why when sky puts a chat ban on a player can they still go on the forum and chat. Why are they not banned from all chat whether seated at a table or not. Like you say, they get chat banned and then continue to spout rubbish on the forums
    Posted by loonytoons
    If I could explain that reasoning, I would. I expect they have good reason, but I don't know what it is.

It makes no sense to me, but nor does the price of eggs.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : If I could explain that reasoning, I would. I expect they have good reason, but I don't know what it is. It makes no sense to me, but nor does the price of eggs.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay i've just played a £5 speed table and won I LOVE U TIKAY
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Tikay i've just played a £5 speed table and won I LOVE U TIKAY
    Posted by hoyski
    I'm delighted to hear that Mr Hoyski. May there be many more.
  • edited November 2009
    only  people  moan  on  here  are  the  ones  that  think  they  have    god  dam  right  to win  every hand  there  involed  in   even  when  there  made  a  bad  play  and lost  stop  moaning  and  move  on  win  some   lose  some
  • edited November 2009
    Getting old now!! this is such a boring topic now!! it's the same s*** everyday just the depth that is varying ;) Like Tikay said  "If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life"

there are those that do! and those that moan! moaning is a pointless waste of energy, i would rather put my energy to good use and get my chips back! I have had bad beats, but i have had my fair share of hitting a long shot too! it's swings an roundabouts people, if the park is still too much of a dangerous place, stay in the nursery ;)

Yyyyyyyaaaawwwnnnn just talking about this subject get's me sleepy
  • edited November 2009
    If I have had a bad beat from someone, I now put a marker on them saying' Chip only on loan'
    That way, if I play them again, I can see the note and try to make good on the loan.
    It stops me going on tilt.
  • edited November 2009
    bad beats are the building blocks for the full houses to come.
  • edited November 2009
    How can you say this is the worst poker site ??

where else do you get:

Excellent customer support

Get to watch yourself play on television with commentry and analysis

Get down to earth preseters who spend the time have a laugh and a joke with people on the forums

And get competitions for free entry to tournaments

Sky poker is a favourite for me ! =) never looked back and dont intend too
  • edited November 2009
    Getting old now!! this is such a boring topic now!! it's the same s*** everyday just the depth that is varying ;) Like Tikay said  " If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life" there are those that do! and those that moan! moaning is a pointless waste of energy, i would rather put my energy to good use and get my chips back! I have had bad beats, but i have had my fair share of hitting a long shot too! it's swings an roundabouts people, if the park is still too much of a dangerous place, stay in the nursery ;) Yyyyyyyaaaawwwnnnn just talking about this subject get's me sleepy
    Posted by margatemaf

goodnight
  • edited November 2009
    Getting old now!! this is such a boring topic now!! it's the same s*** everyday just the depth that is varying ;) Like Tikay said  " If nothing else, poker shows us who can, & can't, take beats, or adversity. In poker, as in life" there are those that do! and those that moan! moaning is a pointless waste of energy, i would rather put my energy to good use and get my chips back! I have had bad beats, but i have had my fair share of hitting a long shot too! it's swings an roundabouts people, if the park is still too much of a dangerous place, stay in the nursery ;) Yyyyyyyaaaawwwnnnn just talking about this subject get's me sleepy
    Posted by margatemaf

have u actually played on any other sites?