You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why?:
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Thankyou Alan hunni I  now have an explanation to my predicament. The crazy plays..now that makes sense. So the crazy calls are the problem for the genuine players hence the bad beat.So we need to stop crazy calls? Can we do that? Does the software not recognise `crazy calls?¬ I wish it would do. Can`t we design the software to recognise this sort of play?
    Posted by candi
    Now Tikay, if you`d of explained it like Elsadog i would have understood. Maybe he should work for sky! lol
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : It's not disprespectful at all Candi. It's a fact, it's how poker works, Live & Online, the world over. I would say that? Why would that be? Do you really think I'd work here if everything was not 100% tickety-boo? Do you seriously think I'm dishonest, or the Staff who work here are dishonest? That Sky would allow their name to be tarnishd by messing with the software, when they would not get a penny of income or benefit from doing such a thing? The Original Poster has now written to me, he's not going anywhere, he acknowledges he just had a bad run.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tickay, i was playing a tourny earlier and got quad 10's but lost to straight flush....do i win a prize?....lol. I don't think there is anything fishy about it, it happens and everyone on here has been blessed with outrageous luck sometimes. I get aggrivated when people moan about it, i have been blown out many times in live poker too. Out of interest, what is the best hand you have had and still lost?

Cheers,
    Calaban
  • edited September 2009
    look you lot---how can there be bad beats? ---to get a bad beat you first need to be called by a nutter---and i can personally assure you that there are absolutely no nutters on this site---not one---honestly!
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Now Tikay, if you`d of explained it like Elsadog i would have understood. Maybe he should work for sky! lol
    Posted by candi
    I take it that means you do not have the evidence I suggested it would be best to provide?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Hi Tickay, i was playing a tourny earlier and got quad 10's but lost to straight flush....do i win a prize?....lol. I don't think there is anything fishy about it, it happens and everyone on here has been blessed with outrageous luck sometimes. I get aggrivated when people moan about it, i have been blown out many times in live poker too. Out of interest, what is the best hand you have had and still lost? Cheers, Calaban
    Posted by Calaban
    Hi Calaban,

Welcome to the Sky Poker Forum.

I'm afraid my mind does not register "worst beats" I have had, as it serves no purpose except to turn you into the sort of people that moan about beats - & nobody takes any notice of, or respects, those sort of players.

I'm sure I've had some pretty bad ones, & I'm equally sure I've dished out a few, too!

Enjoy your poker.
  • edited September 2009
    Candi Go and have a try at P Stars in the $50k $3 rebuy if you want to see crazy play and what you call bad beats. Believe me it will make you see things differently. Crazy calls and multiple player pots will always throw up the kind of results you're talking about. It's not the site it's the crazy plays that are the problem. Lots of players make crazy plys and lose but it's the ones that win that we tend to remember. Listen to Tikay.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yes, but that is a re-buy tourney. You have to expect that that type of thing when there is a guaranteed prize pool of $50,000 and only $3 to re-buy.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : I agree mate.. time to go xxxx
    Posted by candi
    cheers, thanks for the support.:)
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Lol - now that Comp really IS hardcore bad-beat city. With about 6,000 runners, too! You've not seen sick calls & bad beats until you play or watch that Tourney. Which is on the world's largest Online Room.
    Posted by Tikay10
    at least on pokerstars if u qualify for the Million $ tourney through a satellite and cannot play u can unregister and play another day. ur money just doesnt dissapear into thin air unlike on this site. maybe ushould look into that. maybe a little integrity needed here
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : is site, it is a very real issue No disrespect Tikay but you would say that. i`ve been playing this site for a while now and MANY MANY REGULARS are saying the same thing and many are leaving. You can`t keep saying its the  losers that can`t hack bad beats as a permanet excuse as to the reason why they are saying it. It is a problem with this site,it is a very real issue and your explanation for such bad beats is no longer acceptable or indeed fair to fellow players Candi
    Posted by candi
    ive got friends that don't play on here any more because its getting silly. one played in the live tourney in newcastle and was speaking to players there and quite a lot agreed that it was bad
  • edited September 2009

If you go deep into a tournament, you will probably have been 'all-in' several times to get there and you may have won a few 80-20's but you will have also won a few 50-50's!
    So when you suddenly lose an 80-20 you think you have suffered a 'bad-beat'!
    You haven't - its just the odds have finally caught up with you.
    Of course, along the way you will win some hands when the preflop odds are against you but you forget about them!

In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : ive got friends that don't play on here any more because its getting silly. one played in the live tourney in newcastle and was speaking to players there and quite a lot agreed that it was bad
    Posted by hoyski
    These same people will probably be moaning about 'bad-beats' at the next site they play on.
    Remember, not all poker sites have a forum to 'moan' on!
    People come and go on ALL sites and I'm no different but in the end, all you have to do is answer these two questions.
    1. What has Sky got to gain by dishing out 'bad beats'.
    2. If they were, many staff would be aware and you can guarantee that SOMEONE would say something!

• edited September 2009
    All poker  sites are as you put it 'getting silly' It's a factor of the way the online game has changed over the last few years. The numbers of people playing have grown enormously and the fact is that most of them are not very good at it. Six or seven years ago you could enter tournaments on the biggest sites and be in a field of a few hundred,but you could also pick out 10 players from the field and be fairly certain that at least a couple woud make the final table. Now you really can't do that, the fields are much bigger and the style of play has changed dramatically. In the past a 4x raise would see-off anyone who was't holding a premium hand. Now a 4x raise is an invitation to anyone holding some paint to get involved. This modern attitude to 'gambling for glory' in online poker is the very reason that your premium hands get beat. It's not the site, it's not the software it's a fact. Multiple hands in a pot reduce the odds of AA, KK, QQ and AK (much over-rated nowadays) to hold up. Dependent on the hands in a multiple pot AA can often be an underdog. Premium hands are best played one-on-one and you can't blame the site/software if every wannabe hero at the table gets involved in the hand.
  • edited September 2009
    All poker  sites are as you put it 'getting silly' It's a factor of the way the online game has changed over the last few years. The numbers of people playing have grown enormously and the fact is that most of them are not very good at it. Six or seven years ago you could enter tournaments on the biggest sites and be in a field of a few hundred,but you could also pick out 10 players from the field and be fairly certain that at least a couple woud make the final table. Now you really can't do that, the fields are much bigger and the style of play has changed dramatically. In the past a 4x raise would see-off anyone who was't holding a premium hand. Now a 4x raise is an invitation to anyone holding some paint to get involved. This modern attitude to 'gambling for glory' in online poker is the very reason that your premium hands get beat. It's not the site, it's not the software it's a fact. Multiple hands in a pot reduce the odds of AA, KK, QQ and AK (much over-rated nowadays) to hold up. Dependent on the hands in a multiple pot AA can often be an underdog. Premium hands are best played one-on-one and you can't blame the site/software if every wannabe hero at the table gets involved in the hand.
    Posted by elsadog
    very good point and well explained, you are bang on the money there. That type of plays creeping in a bit on the site i play the majority of my poker on. It has just had an influx of new players as well. probably a mixture of heroes and beginners and bad luck rolled into one at the mo. But more so on this site than others i've played on.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : If you go deep into a tournament, you will probably have been 'all-in' several times to get there and you may have won a few 80-20's but you will have also won a few 50-50's! So when you suddenly lose an 80-20 you think you have suffered a 'bad-beat'! You haven't - its just the odds have finally caught up with you. Of course, along the way you will win some hands when the preflop odds are against you but you forget about them! These same people will probably be moaning about 'bad-beats' at the next site they play on. Remember, not all poker sites have a forum to 'moan' on! People come and go on ALL sites and I'm no different but in the end, all you have to do is answer these two questions. 1. What has Sky got to gain by dishing out 'bad beats'. 2. If they were, many staff would be aware and you can guarantee that SOMEONE would say something!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    hi,

i am most definately not saying your site is any way dishonest or cheating in any way. I tell people in work the exact thing you are saying there with question 1. Why would any site want to be dishonest and risk being shut down, theres absolutely nothing to gain. All i am saying is that for horrendous bad beats i have not played on a site like this. I have played on paradise poker, pokerstars, party poker and my main one betfred poker and do not suffer as much heartache as i do on this site lol. Or see other players suffer.

look this is the first time ever in about 3 and a half years of playing poker have ever been on a forum moaning about anything. its just got to the point where %s and odds and outs dont seem to matter any more. its getting down to just luck, and luck alone at times
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : very good point and well explained, you are bang on the money there. That type of plays creeping in a bit on the site i play the majority of my poker on. It has just had an influx of new players as well. probably a mixture of heroes and beginners and bad luck rolled into one at the mo. But more so on this site than others i've played on.
    Posted by hoyski
    I think the very nature of Sky Poker will attract a high percentage of inexperienced players. It's on TV every night and there will be a lot of folk who watch it and think 'I could do that.' They will see edited highlights of games and then enter into the game with a condensed view of how to play the game. But don't knock that because they will make some outrageous plays and some will pay off but over time solid play will prevail. The newbie will either learn or fall away.

Sky has a great community unlike the big sites which are very impersonal. It's a great place to learn your game or polish up your skills. Don't knock it, the grass isn't any greener elsewhere. I know I've played them all.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : It's not disprespectful at all Candi. It's a fact, it's how poker works, Live & Online, the world over. I would say that? Why would that be? Do you really think I'd work here if everything was not 100% tickety-boo? Do you seriously think I'm dishonest, or the Staff who work here are dishonest? That Sky would allow their name to be tarnishd by messing with the software, when they would not get a penny of income or benefit from doing such a thing? The Original Poster has now written to me, he's not going anywhere, he acknowledges he just had a bad run.
    Posted by Tikay10
    oh and by the way tikay, if you read what i said properly ,you would have known that when i said at the beginning of my post `No disrespect Tikay` that means no disrespect to what you have said in your earlier post and not that i thought you were being disrespectful-thats why i put it at the beginning of the post.
    Is that now clear?

Candi
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : I take it that means you do not have the evidence I suggested it would be best to provide?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I`m talking on average -don`t take it personal Tikay!
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Yes, but that is a re-buy tourney. You have to expect that that type of thing when there is a guaranteed prize pool of $50,000 and only $3 to re-buy.
    Posted by hoyski
    Good point hunni xxx
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Hi Calaban, Welcome to the Sky Poker Forum. I'm afraid my mind does not register "worst beats" I have had, as it serves no purpose except to turn you into the sort of people that moan about beats - & nobody takes any notice of, or respects, those sort of players. I'm sure I've had some pretty bad ones, & I'm equally sure I've dished out a few, too! Enjoy your poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats where your wrong.
    Peeps do take notice of other players who are continuously getting bad beats c`os they are their friends in the community and they know that that person wouldnt be `whinging` about it if it wasnt a massive problem, which it appears to be on here. Also Tikay, those players are respected, unlike what you have said because of being friends.

What gives you the right to speak about others in such a way?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : cheers, thanks for the support.:)
    Posted by hoyski
    Your welcome hunni

Ive heard it too often by some good mates on here whose integrity is unquestionable yet they have said the same things as you

Love Candi
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : I`m talking on average -don`t take it personal Tikay!
    Posted by candi
    How on earth are we supposed to get the evidence. Jesus christ we'd have to sift through millions andmillions of hands. we are not saying the site is corrupt we're just saying it's bad beats are more common on this site than seen on other sites. We can only go by what is seen game in game out. that's a point tikays made that's impossible to prove either way.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Your welcome hunni Ive heard it too often by some good mates on here whose integrity is unquestionable yet they have said the same things as you Love Candi
    Posted by candi
    Hi Candi

Have u seen on one of my earlier posts where ive wrote i got to 2 final tables on sky sunday open and i enjoy plaing on here. They have put that in bold letters talk about propaganda!

I think you are right time to give this site a miss. its a shame really cos its got the potential of being a really good site.

they should do re-buy tournies then they could really get some money off me lol

cheers again

hoyski x
  • edited September 2009
    Having a go at Tikay is unfair. He has tried to explain the why's and wherefore's of the conspiracy theories that appear on or about EVERY poker site. This isn't unique to Sky. poker sites don't have hit-lists of players to give the bad beats to.

I've played here a couple of months and I've won the open, I've had a few 2nd places and I've lost lots and lots. It's what I would expect. The difference in a successful or unsuccessful player isn't that the successful player never loses, they just lose a smaller percentage of games played. Bad beats happen to everyone. There is a thread at the moment about 'best and worst poker moments' go and look at mine. Now that IS a bad beat but I wasn't conspired against I just met the wrong hand at the wrong time.

If you genuinely believe it's fixed then give up the game not the site. With that kind of paranoid thinking you will NEVER be a success at poker. 

Posts about rigging on other sites get derided and insulted, on here you have a stalwart of poker like Tikay prepared to take the time to explain it to you. You should be grateful for that.
  • edited September 2009
    Having a go at Tikay is unfair. He has tried to explain the why's and wherefore's of the conspiracy theories that appear on or about EVERY poker site. This isn't unique to Sky. poker sites don't have hit-lists of players to give the bad beats to. I've played here a couple of months and I've won the open, I've had a few 2nd places and I've lost lots and lots. It's what I would expect. The difference in a successful or unsuccessful player isn't that the successful player never loses, they just lose a smaller percentage of games played. Bad beats happen to everyone. There is a thread at the moment about 'best and worst poker moments' go and look at mine. Now that IS a bad beat but I wasn't conspired against I just met the wrong hand at the wrong time. If you genuinely believe it's fixed then give up the game not the site. With that kind of paranoid thinking you will NEVER be a success at poker.  Posts about rigging on other sites get derided and insulted, on here you have a stalwart of poker like Tikay prepared to take the time to explain it to you. You should be grateful for that.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yet again I am saying that I DO NOT THINK THAT THE SITE IS FIXED IN ANYWAY. I understand everything that has been said. Crikey i'v had bad beats a tonne on other sites. But on this site it seems a lot more common. Jesus deep into a tournie on betfred I had K 9 on a flop of K K 9 and went all in to make it look like a bluff. I got called by a pair of 10s and he hit 10 on turn 10 on river now thats a bad beat. And i've taken it al in my stride. All sites surely don't have exactly the same software. Yet aagain I will repeat myself and say I DO NOT THINK THAT THE SITE IS FIXED IN ANYWAY. But the software will be different to other sites i would presume. And I certainly will not be packing in I will just play on the site which I HAVE been successful and continue to be successful. its just a shame cos its a good little site.
  • edited September 2009
    I hear what you say Hoyski but you refer to 'the software' as though the outcome were pre-determined. It's an RNG which is not pre-determined. It's as random as a man made number generator can be, (Please don't get into the RNG 'randon or not' debate or I'm going back to bed for the rest of the day), and what occurs is therefore 'in the laps of the gods' and not a pre-determined outcome.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : How on earth are we supposed to get the evidence. Jesus christ we'd have to sift through millions andmillions of hands. we are not saying the site is corrupt we're just saying it's bad beats are more common on this site than seen on other sites. We can only go by what is seen game in game out. that's a point tikays made that's impossible to prove either way.
    Posted by hoyski
    and he knows it!
  • edited September 2009
    if you wanna see bad beats go to facebook poker its free and my wife plays it then you wouldnt be whining about bad beats - anyway its just the odds and if you cant accept the bad beats no matter how often they occur then maybe you havnt got the right temperment for poker and should try taking up something else as a pastime
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst site ever! And I still play on it! Why? : Hi Candi Have u seen on one of my earlier posts where ive wrote i got to 2 final tables on sky sunday open and i enjoy plaing on here. They have put that in bold letters talk about propaganda! I think you are right time to give this site a miss. its a shame really cos its got the potential of being a really good site. they should do re-buy tournies then they could really get some money off me lol cheers again hoyski x
    Posted by hoyski
    I did indeed hunni. I completely understand your point of view. Everytime a player says what you have said they immediately think that we`re implying that the site/software is rigged.

I will speak for the masses again i repeat... NOBODY THINKS THE SITE/SOFTWARE IS RIGGED/FIXED ETC ETC. ALL WE ARE SAYING IS THERE IS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS A RISE IN THE NUMBER OF BAD BEATS AT THIS SITE COMPARED TO A FEW MONTHS AGO..AND IT IS PARTICULARLY HIGHER THAN ONCE WAS

Clear????
  • edited September 2009
    thats ok then candi i will put a reminder to everyone on the site to NEVER call you in case you get a bad beat, would that help
  • edited September 2009
    I hear what you say Hoyski but you refer to 'the software' as though the outcome were pre-determined. It's an RNG which is not pre-determined. It's as random as a man made number generator can be, (Please don't get into the RNG 'randon or not' debate or I'm going back to bed for the rest of the day), and what occurs is therefore 'in the laps of the gods' and not a pre-determined outcome.
    Posted by elsadog
    I think as well You have to bet more to get players out of the pot  post flop. But they're not taking the hint that you have the best hand so when they get lucky you're losing more valuable chips than you would normally. Not giving them the odds to call don't matter a jot. My eyes nearly pop out when i see wat they've called with. A classic pre-flop after many bad beats with my pocket rockets the blinds were10 and 20 so x4 aint worth it. so i raised to 200 with my AA got called flop delivered Q 8 3 the guy went all - in i called he had Q 4 o/s next card u can guess Q. I honestly think I have lost more pre flop all ins with AA than i have won. Can't prove it. But I reckon it would be very close to 50-50. oooh i would love to know
  • edited September 2009
    yeh but do you count the times everyone folded to your AA