You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Manchester Qualifiers so far are........

Comments

• edited October 2009
    TK yes i will hopefully be bring the daughter lol if she doesnt qualify in her own right shes looking forward to seeing you
  • edited October 2009
    Just qualified after a gruelling final table.....cant wait guys, wat time does it kick off and likely to finish, is it two days
  • SPTSPT
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........:
    Just qualified after a gruelling final table.....cant wait guys, wat time does it kick off and likely to finish, is it two days
    Posted by burnanator
    Well done

2pm start, one day competition. End time 1-2am at an estimate

Player briefing should be with you end of next week so all players will know all the relevant info the the 7th November
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Well done 2pm start, one day competition. End time 1-2am at an estimate Player briefing should be with you end of next week so all players will know all the relevant info the the 7th November
    Posted by SPT
    Cheers mate, wats the format, how many cash.qualify for the final from the first leg, or do u have to play in every leg then the final????
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Cheers mate, wats the format, how many cash.qualify for the final from the first leg, or do u have to play in every leg then the final????
    Posted by burnanator
     If you go to the blog section under community and look for the official skypoker blog, look for the SPT announced blog and it tells you all the info there...
     But for the questions mentioned...

5k Chips, 30 min blinds
     Last yr was top 20 cashed (presume it will be same)
     Top 3 get a seat to final
  • edited October 2009
    just qualified 2 night after 5 goes cant wait
  • SPTSPT
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Cheers mate, wats the format, how many cash.qualify for the final from the first leg, or do u have to play in every leg then the final????
    Posted by burnanator
    top three in each leg get a seat in the final

No, you don't have to play any of the legs to have a chance to play in the final, for which there will be many chances to satellite in nearer the time
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :  If you go to the blog section under community and look for the official skypoker blog, look for the SPT announced blog and it tells you all the info there...  But for the questions mentioned...  5k Chips, 30 min blinds  Last yr was top 20 cashed (presume it will be same)  Top 3 get a seat to final
    Posted by FlashFlush
    We agreed the Payout Structure a few days ago, & SPT-Rich will confirm it, but I think we decided it would be top 15 paid this year - 10% of the Field.
  • edited October 2009

Why the big drop from 10 qualifying through each leg down to 3? Can I assume commercial reasons?

Sorry if covered elsewhere.

• edited October 2009
    Why the big drop from 10 qualifying through each leg down to 3? Can I assume commercial reasons? Sorry if covered elsewhere.
    Posted by Pears_27
    Sort of, yes.

The spend on the SPT (SPUKT as was) has actually increased this year over last year, but the money is being spent in different ways. You'd be amazed at how much it costs to run this Tour, & it all has to come out of the Marketing Budget. In addition, Freerolls, Tournament Guarantees on the Site, ongoing & numerous Promotions, PTP, etc, all come out of the same Budget. Everyone vies for lumps of that budget!
  • SPTSPT
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : We agreed the Payout Structure a few days ago, & SPT-Rich will confirm it, but I think we decided it would be top 15 paid this year - 10% of the Field.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Correct, 15 paid, or top 10% finishers
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : We agreed the Payout Structure a few days ago, & SPT-Rich will confirm it, but I think we decided it would be top 15 paid this year - 10% of the Field.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I always agree with the 10% rule, so fair enough. :)

Am I right to say that in the UK it is the 'norm' for steepish pay structures c.f. to the USA's flat structures.
  • SPTSPT
    edited October 2009
    Yes it is the norm, but I alongside tikay and others you know are leading the charge to flatten out these in the events we organise and influence

The SPT payout structure will be flatter than the normal payouts in regular UK live comps
  • edited October 2009
    Yes it is the norm, but I alongside tikay and others you know are leading the charge to flatten out these in the events we organise and influence The SPT payout structure will be flatter than the normal payouts in regular UK live comps
    Posted by SPT
    Well we can't say fairer than that! We all appreciate that you are looking after the regular poker players interests.

Dave

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Correct, 15 paid, or top 10% finishers
    Posted by SPT

when i went to school 10% of 125 was 12.5 ????? so why 15 getting paid ??
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :   when i went to school 10% of 125 was 12.5 ????? so why 15 getting paid ??
    Posted by themackem
    LOL ,they were gonna pay 12 and give the other bit to there sprogs m8
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :   when i went to school 10% of 125 was 12.5 ????? so why 15 getting paid ??
    Posted by themackem
    Lee, 
    From TK's Blog:

"For legs 1 to 5, 125 seats will be released for Satellite qualification. 5 Seats will go to the Venue for a Live Super Satellite. A further 20 seats will be set aside for Presenters, Media, Pro players, etc. Should there be any "spare" seats, these will possibly be released via "last-chance" Super Satellites on Sky Poker.com."

So 150 it is....Good luck at the tables.
    Dave
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Lee,  From TK's Blog: " For legs 1 to 5, 125 seats will be released for Satellite qualification. 5 Seats will go to the Venue for a Live Super Satellite. A further 20 seats will be set aside for Presenters, Media, Pro players, etc. Should there be any "spare" seats, these will possibly be released via "last-chance" Super Satellites on Sky Poker.com ." So 150 it is....Good luck at the tables. Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30

hmmmmmm okay......... so therefore the prize pool is 15k and not 12.k ??
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :  hmmmmmm okay......... so therefore the prize pool is 15k and not 12.k ??
    Posted by themackem
    Over to Rich lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :  hmmmmmm okay......... so therefore the prize pool is 15k and not 12.k ??
    Posted by themackem
    Hi Lee,
    I think those other 25 seats are freebies, therefore bringing nowt to the prize pool. That maybe why it's more expensive and less payouts. You never know m8.

col
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Hi Lee, I think those other 25 seats are freebies, therefore bringing nowt to the prize pool. That maybe why it's more expensive and less payouts. You never know m8. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I don't think that can be right.
    If SkyPoker add players to the field, they must add the equivalent amount to the prize pool.
    The competition is advertised as 12.5K GTD. If the maximum number of 150 runners play, then the prize pool will be 15K.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Hi Lee, I think those other 25 seats are freebies, therefore bringing nowt to the prize pool. That maybe why it's more expensive and less payouts. You never know m8. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Free seats ???  i shouldnt think so....
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : I don't think that can be right. If SkyPoker add players to the field, they must add the equivalent amount to the prize pool. The competition is advertised as 12.5K GTD . If the maximum number of 150 runners play, then the prize pool will be 15K.
    Posted by MereNovice
     i think this needs clearing up  soon.......

rich or tikay will you answer this please
  • edited October 2009
    I think you know the answer - there ARE 25 free seats.  The only seats paid for are the 125 satellited.  You think Sky could make up the difference out of skicowboys' losses :-)
  • SPTSPT
    edited October 2009
    Hi all

All seats contribute to the prize pool

Presently 125 are on sale via satellites and 5 via the live satellite

That leaves 20, which we keep aside for Presenters and, if we decide to go this route, celebrity or professional guests

However Sky Poker puts the money for these seats into the prize pool, so yes its..if sold out...£15,000

In reality very few of the extra 20 seats will be used in this way. If there is player demand for the seats then they'll be realised into "last chance to qualify" satellites in the days before the event so that's a call we make in the next ten days or so

The "complimentary" seats should be regarded as part of the Tour budget as the cost needs to be covered by the SPT.
  • edited October 2009

Well said Rich. Some players seem to have trust issues - like Sky Poker, or you or I, are ever gonna try & pull a fast one, sigh.

For every Seat allocated, there is £100 in the Prize Pool.

The GUARANTEED Prize pool is £12,500.

If 150 Seats go, be they via Online Qualifiers, or allocated to Presenters & Celebs or whatever, the Prize Pool will be 150 x £100, = £15,000.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ :  i think this needs clearing up  soon.......     rich or tikay will you answer this please
    Posted by themackem
    There was nothing to clear up, except some peculiar speculation that something was amiss.

The position has been clarified by both Rich & myself now.
  • edited October 2009
    Well said Rich. Some players seem to have trust issues - like Sky Poker, or you or I, are ever gonna try & pull a fast one, sigh. For every Seat allocated, there is £100 in the Prize Pool. The GUARANTEED Prize pool is £12,500. If 150 Seats go, be they via Online Qualifiers, or allocated to Presenters & Celebs or whatever, the Prize Pool will be 150 x £100, = £15,000.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    PLEASE PLEASE don't think I have any trust issues with this, I was just looking at the gtd figure and didn't think things thoroughly. I'll try to do better in the future. Honestly, if I had a problem with any of the arrangements for the tour, then would show it by not taking part. I am looking forward to this event like a kid in a sweetie shop and in some respects the money, to me, that can be won, is almost secondary.
    What I and every other patron of this site cannot argue, is the way you ALL front up to any question, moan, and gripe.

Keep up the good work, you have my FULL support.

col
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Hi Tony, PLEASE PLEASE don't think I have any trust issues with this, I was just looking at the gtd figure and didn't think things thoroughly. I'll try to do better in the future. Honestly, if I had a problem with any of the arrangements for the tour, then would show it by not taking part. I am looking forward to this event like a kid in a sweetie shop and in some respects the money, to me, that can be won, is almost secondary. What I and every other patron of this site cannot argue, is the way you ALL front up to any question, moan, and gripe. Keep up the good work, you have my FULL support. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I did not Col - & I'm sorry if you thought my Post suggested otherwise.
  • edited October 2009
    I think with TK's (and Rich Prew's) track record of promoting poker for the everyman, there should be no question about trust in Sky or people being fiddled out of money etc....

I have not met TK or Rich in person, but by their very nature and business interests and morals (taken from your other forum - which I have been reading a lot of) I know that TK would not be involved with any organisation that has questionable ethics and that would not be fair to us, the regular players.

Dave