You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Manchester Qualifiers so far are........

12346»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Got my seat tonight, cya all in Manchester :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........:
    Posted by mike1975
    Many Congrats Mike see you there M8
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by mike1975
    well done mate...was watchin the final few hands. my brother eye-rays played in ur satellite n qualified as well...c u there!
  • edited November 2009
    I'm pleased to say I also qualified last night and am really looking forward to the whole event. 

I will also be pleased to meet any of the people I have previously spoken to, heard about, or seen on this site, ie put faces to names etc.

Looking at the list of qualifiers it is an extremely strong field. Is it any co-incidence that it is the better players (or percieved better players) on Sky Poker who have qualified for ths event (I do not include myself in this) or is it the fact that these are the majority of the players who had the necessary bankroll in order to qualify?
  • edited November 2009
    I think it's that the 'regular' big names have been to live Sky events before, so view this as more than a straight satellite, it's a social occasion too. Once they see X, Y & Z have qualified, it incentivises (have I made up a word there) them to qualify as well, whereas some other players might have a couple of stabs just to chance their arm at a large paying MTT.

The fact they're all good with fat bankrolls doesn't hurt either!
  • edited November 2009

112 qualified now.
  • edited November 2009
    got in last night for a fiver, only been on the site a few months and havent played any real poker before that so cant really complain about qualifying methods. Trouble is i dont know if ill make it to the event... "cummins" bubbled. if i dont make it could he get my seat as a result?
  • edited November 2009
    got in last night for a fiver, only been on the site a few months and havent played any real poker before that so cant really complain about qualifying methods. Trouble is i dont know if ill make it to the event... "cummins" bubbled. if i dont make it could he get my seat as a result?
    Posted by rats107
    No, I'm afraid that would not be possible.

But well done on Qualifying - it would be good to meet you on Saturday.
  • edited November 2009
    thanks for clearing that up, i ll do my best to make it.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi everyone. I'm new to Sky Poker and have luckily managed to qualify for Manchester, my first live event. Slightly nervous but I've loved reading the forum banter, you all seem a great bunch. Looking forward to playing with you all on the site and meeting some of you in Manchester.

Tikay, a couple of my friends who got me into poker play occassionally with you at Luton and say you are a really great bloke. Looking forward to meeting you on saturday.

Cheers.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi everyone. I'm new to Sky Poker and have luckily managed to qualify for Manchester, my first live event. Slightly nervous but I've loved reading the forum banter, you all seem a great bunch. Looking forward to playing with you all on the site and meeting some of you in Manchester. Tikay, a couple of my friends who got me into poker play occassionally with you at Luton and say you are a really great bloke. Looking forward to meeting you on saturday. Cheers.
    Posted by AdAmi10
    Never believe what a Luton player tells you......

Look forweard to seeing you on Saturday - you'll have a ball.
  • edited November 2009
    This will be my second live event ever (after DTD), and hopefully "first night nerves" will not get the better of me this time. Looking forward to meeting the crowd again. Good luck to everyone with special mentions to Uzi and Jupiter who came through my sat with me (Jupiter and I came through 2 sats together - and apologies due to Gliterbabe who I handed an awful call, and worse beat to - though I see he has qualified anyway).
    Looking forward to meeting Richard and TK and the rest of the gang again.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Manchester Qualifiers so far are........ : Never believe what a Luton player tells you...... Look forweard to seeing you on Saturday - you'll have a ball.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Awwww, didnt realise you were playing footy as well as poker or would av defo tried to qualify ;)

Good luck all and enjoy