You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i must qualify after luckboxing a hand i did it to dagg as well kq 33  luckboxed a 3 on river wheres me hoodie nice birthday gift and 6 cans of carling black label please
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Trev) Tribulations & Cashes:
    i must qualify after luckboxing a hand i did it to dagg as well kq 33  luckboxed a 3 on river wheres me hoodie nice birthday gift and 6 cans of carling black label please
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Welcome johnny you are exactley the type of luckbox the splinter group needs. We will be sending you all as above but it's six creates of carling but at TPLB we take underage drinking and gambling serious so just send us your passport driving licence and utility bills to conform age and then welcome aboard
  • edited May 2012
    I would be interested in people thoughts on this question  Have pot odds changed in poker? Now here is my reasoning behind the question a lot of you are like me been on sky from near the start and if you have you will have seen the number of bingo players etc naturally increase as the game gets more popular. So when I started playing the majority of players where playing hands then that moved to more skill bluffing but with good story bets behind and players listen and the bad beats were always there but not to the level they are now. So I now find there is getting up to maybe 30 to 35% of players that will play any two cards etc hit blah blah but because so many people do play like this has it changed the pot odds as a variance ? Wondered what you think this question is open to both TPT and the splinter group members lol
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Hi Mr B.
    There is no easy or simple answer to this, but something has definitely changed and I have found myself having to change my own game to try and compensate for this.

The early stages of any online tourny seems to be where most of the problems occur (The Calling with Any 2 Players) is quite problematic and sometimes very difficult to deal with.

There are a couple of ways to deal with this... 1. Sit tight and wait for monster hands or 2. as I have done, play a much wider range of hands early on, try to control the pot by keeping the betting to a minimum until the river card has come, then reassess your hand, if you think you are ahead then get some chips in. I try not to raise into the pot too much so I can preserve my chips early on as this is where all the damage seems to be being done.

In the later stages, a 1/2 pot - pot bet or re-raise seems to get a little more respect and so normality resumes for the most part.

Not sure, I answered your question, but hope this helps.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Trev) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Mr B. There is no easy or simple answer to this, but something has definitely changed and I have found myself having to change my own game to try and compensate for this. The early stages of any online tourny seems to be where most of the problems occur (The Calling with Any 2 Players) is quite problematic and sometimes very difficult to deal with. There are a couple of ways to deal with this... 1. Sit tight and wait for monster hands or 2. as I have done, play a much wider range of hands early on, try to control the pot by keeping the betting to a minimum until the river card has come, then reassess your hand, if you think you are ahead then get some chips in. I try not to raise into the pot too much so I can preserve my chips early on as this is where all the damage seems to be being done. In the later stages, a 1/2 pot - pot bet or re-raise seems to get a little more respect and so normality resumes for the most part. Not sure, I answered your question, but hope this helps.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thanks Trev yes it does as I was thinking the same and very intresting to hear your experiance and how changing has helped ty I will look to try this
  • edited May 2012

Are we back to normality now? I bloody hope so cos I will have to wade through loads more pages now for this weeks totals on Monday!

Burnsy I would have thought you get more people calling with rubbish in your BH's rather than the Deepies but the loose calls have definately increased. In the deepies some players seem to think they need a DU within the first 10 minutes, they will shove and play big pots with any 2 cards and are playing deepstacks completely the wrong way round. These players rarely finish in the money and I try to avoid them. With the loose callers the vogue seems to be any 2 suited cards are good enough, even though I believe that suited cards are only 1% better than any random hand preflop? I prefer to do the opposite to Trevor and sit and only play the premiium hands and I have started to raise bigger when I have a premium hand. There's no right or wrong way to deal with it , it is what suits your game the best. What is a 100% sure is that sometimes you will lose a big pot against them and that is so infuriating especially in a tourney!

• edited May 2012
    Are we back to normality now? I bloody hope so cos I will have to wade through loads more pages now for this weeks totals on Monday! Burnsy I would have thought you get more people calling with rubbish in your BH's rather than the Deepies but the loose calls have definately increased. In the deepies some players seem to think they need a DU within the first 10 minutes, they will shove and play big pots with any 2 cards and are playing deepstacks completely the wrong way round. These players rarely finish in the money and I try to avoid them. With the loose callers the vogue seems to be any 2 suited cards are good enough, even though I believe that suited cards are only 1% better than any random hand preflop? I prefer to do the opposite to Trevor and sit and only play the premiium hands and I have started to raise bigger when I have a premium hand. There's no right or wrong way to deal with it , it is what suits your game the best. What is a 100% sure is that sometimes you will lose a big pot against them and that is so infuriating especially in a tourney!
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks FD and dont tempt me with pages thing you know what I am like lol

It is intresting that you as well feel there are a lot more loose play and although as individulas they may not win long term as a collective group I am finding or suspect they are winning more so therefore and I wish I was clever enough but new pot odds can be worked out to take this new veriance into account.

So do we have anuybody that clever in the team that could work pot varience out?

Totaly agree about suited cards I thought is was only about 1% better but the numbers playing suited and hiting maybe this is out as a figure as well.

Good luck all on the tables
  • edited May 2012

Hi great bit of normal discussion, i seem to think players just dont believe pre flop action, unless you play with them alot then the opposite could be true. I also see a hell of alot of flat calling, which gets on my wick especially if in bb, UNLESS in a bh and you flop massive because the chances are you are going to get there ead,:) Hand range is a pain aswell, i see alot of players min raise big pockets and someone call with a rag Ace, hit there rag and go bust, so now have changed my game as to fold these rags ie A9 on a 259 flop cos then u turn a 4 thus thinking your hand is stronger then the river pairs so u have 2pr top kicker and its hard to get away!! So as a rule of thumb now if i would fold it pre fold the flop? The levels i tend to play mtts at 3 betting seems very loose and 3 bet calling even looser, which i absolutely love and prob the reason i get so many bounties. I guess it all a matter of bet sizing and good folding even now as i play super bounty hunter the above is happening!!! but these are good players??
    Be lucky ;~)

• edited May 2012
    Luckbox members it has come to my attention that there is a scam about and after checking with our amazing Nigerian lawers office they confirm I can anme and shame. Red King is trying to take your money our lawers advice is do not pay him anything he is trying to con you they also assure me red king is behind you have won the poker lottery scam as well. Luckboxers lets protect the small people out there and if you come across red trying to get other players to use his never win always a fee laywers help them out by telling them not to pass their details to Red but our Nigerian lawers have gone beyhond their duty as they said just get the players to contact me and they will act on their behalf! Great News 67 you won!!!!! the competition well done mate please phone the usual number where an opperater will take all your details and a small processing fee to cover delivery so haapy you won after your trouble with the baliffs. Teamluckbox splinter group already has given away more in prizes then the whole of TeamDiamond opps did I let the cat out the bag are we backed by the same sponser PMSL
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Hi Mr B, good news that I won the competition.  Unfortunately I fell for the Red King scam and have subsequently been made homeless by the Balliffs.  Will the furniture fit in a one man tent?

Could I possibly hire your Nigerian lawyers? 
  • edited May 2012
    mrwhizz72 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1960.00
    pagey44 Big blind  20.00 30.00 2190.00
     Your hole cards

rospink Call  20.00 50.00 1870.00
    67Bhoys Call  20.00 70.00 1930.00
    FlyingDagg Raise  140.00 210.00 1890.00
    OXBOWLER Fold     
    mrwhizz72 Fold     
    pagey44 Fold     
    rospink Fold     
    67Bhoys All-in  1930.00 2140.00 0.00
    FlyingDagg Call  1810.00 3950.00 80.00
    67Bhoys Show

FlyingDagg Show

Flop

• K
    • J

Turn

River

67Bhoys Win Flush to the King 3950.00  3950.00
    Next

Luckbox working
  • edited May 2012
    bromley04 Small blind  25.00 25.00 6205.00
    mrwhizz72 Big blind  50.00 75.00 2725.00
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

pagey44 Fold     
    67Bhoys Raise  100.00 175.00 3520.00
    joesman1 Call  100.00 275.00 3237.50
    bromley04 Raise  175.00 450.00 6030.00
    mrwhizz72 Fold     
    67Bhoys Raise  400.00 850.00 3120.00
    joesman1 Fold     
    bromley04 Call  300.00 1150.00 5730.00
    Flop

• J

bromley04 Check     
    67Bhoys Bet  600.00 1750.00 2520.00
    bromley04 All-in  5730.00 7480.00 0.00
    67Bhoys All-in  2520.00 10000.00 0.00
    bromley04 Unmatched bet  2610.00 7390.00 2610.00
    bromley04 Show
    • A
    • J

67Bhoys Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• J

River

bromley04 Win Full House, Jacks and 9s 7390.00  10000.00
    Next

Luckbox not working
  • edited May 2012
  • edited August 2012
    little 1 in the mini steelrod029£7.90
  • edited May 2012
    JUST FINISHED 2ND IN ORFY £38. 25 AND 12LP CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER VC FLYING DAGG WELL DONE
  • edited May 2012
    Tonights Orfordable . Well played flash for making it a TPT 1 and 2

Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue
    No Players
    FlyingDagg3750001£63 + 15 League Points
    FLASHJONNY02£38.25 + 12 League Points
  • edited May 2012
    Well done king of the deep stack and johnny great result wd to everyone who cashed
  • edited May 2012
    nice cashes wd dagg and jonny

cash from me in the 2k BH....exit hand AA v QJ...sigh

waller02019£11.73 + £22.51 Head Prizes + 4 League Points5
  • edited May 2012
    Well done waller.

Thank you for your opions as it did help me to refocus some of my early play in main and got a cash. Prob not about much next couple of days so good luck all at the tables

MRBURNS4023£47.48 + 32 League Points
  • edited May 2012
    WELL DONE DAGG NICE WIN AND WELL DONE FLASH AND ALL WHO CASHED TPT 1 AND 2
  • edited May 2012
    Played 4   orfy,
    bornablade08£11.25 + 2 League Points
    1,5k super BH satt
    bornablade10282.503£1,500 Super B/H
    1,500 super BH
    bornablade030£11.25 Head Prizes3
    got nowhere in spt satt and am now playing a omaha.
  • edited May 2012
    omaha finished, 6 players, got hu with cl out chipping me 3-1

bornablade120001£22.50 + 10 League Points
  • edited May 2012
    Hi all, its been a long time.....Well done to all who have acheived a cash sum :-)
    For me my first cash for a while on here and nice and welcomed it was too! Thanks to all who wished me luck hope i did you all proud?

£1000 GTD mini  2nd/376   £169.20      
  • edited May 2012
    WD steel dagg jonny mrb bb waller and jeff really nice cashes guys.Managed 2nd in 9.15 deepie.Big thanks to pomm and steel for rail. jjjach02£30.94 + 12 League Points
  • edited May 2012
    hi guys nice cashes

had this little bink after being last forever, down to 7 bbs early doors:)

guess i can join tptlb after:
    pushing TT on 8 high flop for him to flip JJ: turn u guessed it:)
    and pushing A5 on axxx board him to flip AJ and the river u guessed it:)
    In 0000 £500 gtd
    j3ono02£125 + 26 League Points be luckyboxes team mates

on a more satifying note i seem to have won $750 since joining the team, yeah, just another $1500 to show money in bank
  • edited May 2012
    well done to all who cashed last night nice 1 jj
  • edited May 2012

GOOD LUCK IN THE FOOTY BURNSEY

• edited May 2012
    WD j3ono nice cash.Keep the good run going.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited May 2012
    WD j3ono nice cash.Keep the good run going.Gl at the tables guys.
    Posted by jjjach
    Kind words jjj
  • edited May 2012
    n1 j3ono

small cash from a BH

waller0206£5.25 + £0.75 Head Prizes + 4 League Points1 
  • edited May 2012
    cash from mini BH

waller02032£4.62 + £5.22 Head Prizes4 
  • edited May 2012

WD waller nice cashes.