You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    kopite1984 running deep in the mega stack too
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Have a spot of analysis for you guys from a live event I played about a month ago, would be interested in feedback... £250 buy in torquay poker series main event. final table, 7 of us left, i've got about 300k in chips he has about 450k. Blinds are at 4k and 8k, AQsuited in the sb i raise 3x, he reraises double, i call. flop comes 678rainbow, i check, he bets, i reraise to about 90k he calls. turn comes a 9. i shove the rest of my stack...about 160k, he tanks for like 15 mins then calls me with..... AK! blank on the river and he wins! bad call or soul read? to my mind i played it like i had a set,maybe i should have shoved the flop, then he has less value to call but I think this play looked stronger?! I had built a solid rep over the 2 days of the event, although I had shown a huge bluff about an hour previously, did this go against me perhaps?  
    Posted by k8cyke
    I think u played it well mate he made a bad call with ace high!
    Shoving with ace high even i do alot but calling an all in bet with ace high on the turn u must be nuts unless u got a real good read
  • edited November 2013
    Kopite now on final table...
  • edited November 2013
    as trev said 2nd in the orfy last night thank you all for the rail
  • edited November 2013

WD rose teddy trev jonny and Larson nice cashes guys.Gl at the tables guys.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : £250+£25 but yeah the Genting. was a great event with some really good play over the 2 days
    Posted by k8cyke
    Im playing a similar tourney at the end of the month in genting, vwp going so deep in a tourney like that mate..... hope I can follow suit !!!
  • edited November 2013
    VWP all !!!! seems there is a tpter on every final table nowerdays, keep em coming.....
  • edited November 2013
    Teddy!

Those hands, can I have my 2cents? Thanks :)

No point going into the KJ one too much. You said yourself it's not a great spot to be peeling.

The KQ one is quite interesting. It's quite a large open so my initial thoughts were to either 3bet or fold. But the call grew on me. Position is key after all. You say villain is quite active, so their cutoff opening range should be pretty wide in theory, so we can potentially exploit this down the streets. Unless I know villain to be a tricky customer, when they check that flop to us I will almost always eliminate any premium pair from their range. You took a stab at it, good. I like the size of it too; don't need to commit a load of chips to try and pinch it.

For me, its the type of board where we have to fire again on any none threatening turn card once we've been called on that flop. Their hand kinda looks like what it is- 2 overs with some backdoor draws, and they don't wanna muck it just yet as there are good cards they can hit on the turn (9 of spades for example). I think the 8 is a great card for us. We can, believably, be betting a full house on the turn here after he's checked it again to us. That stray 10 and all small-medium pocket pairs are well within our range. Obviously if he C/C again then I'd be very suspicious, but a 2nd stab at it should take it down a good percentage of the time. Again, doesn't need to be a huge bet, maybe 60% of the pot or so. Look like you're trying to take him to value town!
  • edited November 2013
    Was another fun night in the orfie.

Well played to Trev taking it down, you must have thought Christmas had come early the maniac open shoving 200k looking down at Kings nd he flips over 95! Very nice result. And well played to Jonny coming back from a shortstack around the bubble to finish 2nd, very nice going.

• edited November 2013
    ftd bh this afternoon 3rd place £25.61 1hp £1.88 the cashes keep on comin
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck on the Tables Tonight Guys
  • edited November 2013
    16,20pm 16th nov deep stack WHEELS7161700001£14AA60102£8.40rainman39703£5.60
  • edited November 2013
    Teddy! Those hands, can I have my 2cents? Thanks :) No point going into the KJ one too much. You said yourself it's not a great spot to be peeling. The KQ one is quite interesting. It's quite a large open so my initial thoughts were to either 3bet or fold. But the call grew on me. Position is key after all. You say villain is quite active, so their cutoff opening range should be pretty wide in theory, so we can potentially exploit this down the streets. Unless I know villain to be a tricky customer, when they check that flop to us I will almost always eliminate any premium pair from their range. You took a stab at it, good. I like the size of it too; don't need to commit a load of chips to try and pinch it. For me, its the type of board where we have to fire again on any none threatening turn card once we've been called on that flop. Their hand kinda looks like what it is- 2 overs with some backdoor draws, and they don't wanna muck it just yet as there are good cards they can hit on the turn (9 of spades for example). I think the 8 is a great card for us. We can, believably, be betting a full house on the turn here after he's checked it again to us. That stray 10 and all small-medium pocket pairs are well within our range. Obviously if he C/C again then I'd be very suspicious, but a 2nd stab at it should take it down a good percentage of the time. Again, doesn't need to be a huge bet, maybe 60% of the pot or so. Look like you're trying to take him to value town!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Thanks man. Your advice is always welcome and taken on board. When the third 8 came I felt that it would take a decent bet to take him off A high which I then felt was the only part of his range that gets to the turn that I could fold - unless he opened with summat lik J9s. I didnt see him floating k high.  I just didnt have it in me to throw chips at a small part of his range.  But I do think youre right that giving up on the turn isnt great there.

Thanks again, I do think my mtt game is slowly improving by just discussing these spots.

• edited November 2013
    I'd also be betting that turn with the implied threat that I'll be betting big on the river. Put yourself in villains shoes; you check call that flop as you may be ahead, and you do have some back door equity. Turn brings another 8 (zero improvement for AJ) and you check to hero again, who again makes another bet. This bet carries the implication that you'll again be facing another bet on the river, possibly an all in jobby, and you're hand is very unlikely to improve now with just the single card to come. 

Can he really station you here with A high? Would take some player to do that, as in theory if he calls here he should be calling any river.

I'm sure you've had it in MTT's before when you've wanted to call but you know whats coming on the river (big bet/shove), so you begrudgingly let your hand go now as you won't be able to bring yourself to call the inevitable on the river.

Gl sir!
  • edited November 2013

Just finished 11th in £250 gtd turbo £11.03 not a massive amount back but something..
    since I joined the team nearly a week ago I've hit a bad patch playing cards I normally wouldn't dream of  but hopefully I'm through that now .
    Good luck everyone :-)

• edited November 2013
    Cash in the Mini Bounty Hunter for me. Now that's a rarity lol. Ty martin and Trev for rail and thank you to Tom 281189 for totally ruining my evening with his appalling personal insults in the chatbox aimed at me when I lost my stack.

FlyingDagg020£9.60 + £23.18 Head Prizes
  • edited November 2013
    Caught the end of that and it was disgusting and pathetic, thought you handled yourself with impecible restraint.

Class will out dagg
  • edited November 2013
    Hey guys sorry wasnt around yesterday play football on friday night hope there were some nice cashes for the team anyway im still in main event in 6th position out of 18 left wish me gl gonna try win it for the team (and myself:)
  • edited November 2013
    Cant access tables so will wish you well here mac, storm it mate.
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks Teddy 5th out of 10 atm
  • edited November 2013
    10k Bh MAIN EVENT

THANKS FOR RAIL ALL 

Mactrad17200001£1363.50 + £354.56 Head Prizes6£99.89
  • edited November 2013
    16TH NOV £100 DEEPSTACK 7,15PM
    troggman - £66.522ray01 - £40.583AcidMan27 - £24.994cheekydeke - £20.115CHROMEDOME - £17.146WHEELS7161 - £14.767Arc_ST67 - £12.268Milkman62 - £9.889bigmojo - £7.6210scarle1 - £7.6211AA601 - £5.8312TK1961 - £5.8313loops447 - £4.88
  • edited November 2013
    10k Bh MAIN EVENT THANKS FOR RAIL ALL  Mactrad1 720000 1 £1363.50 + £354.56 Head Prizes 6 £99.89
    Posted by Mactrad1
    Fantastic Result & Very Nice cash again Mac - well done m8
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Fantastic Result & Very Nice cash again Mac - well done m8
    Posted by POKERTREV
    mac not been with us long but he is a class act, i can say that from previous table time together.

if you ever want an apprentice , wink wink
  • edited November 2013
    Caught the end of that and it was disgusting and pathetic, thought you handled yourself with impecible restraint. Class will out dagg
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Report it to customer services, i left sky last time because of a similar thing not nice at all.

people like that should be banned from chatting if you havent got something positive to say keep it to yourself.

• edited November 2013
    Thanks captain and Haylez

• edited November 2013
    Well done mactrad great result. Wheels too nice one good to see your form is continuing, jonny as well on a roll mate. Good luck tonight TPTers in whatever your playing.
  • edited November 2013
    WD wheels nice cash.WD mactrad wow great cash there.WD dale nice cash and ul in the last hand.WD dai nice cash.First of many i'm sure.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : mac not been with us long but he is a class act, i can say that from previous table time together. if you ever want an apprentice , wink wink
    Posted by haylez83
    Agreed, he is a boss. Has trev informed him that we divvie up our cashes at the end of the month? 

Well done to wheels and kopite too who seem to be cashing in everything.

Dtd tomorrow too!
  • edited November 2013
    how unlucky can one person be.

primo mini - J7 i call in poisition FLOP - aj7 TURN - 7 SO FULL FORCED ALL IN LOVING LIFE - VILIANT HAS A8 SO I AM GOOD JUST AVOID THE ACE!!!! ACE ON THE RIVER .

£2.30 - £400 BH

ALL IN AA PRE VS JJ JACKS FLOP A SET.

DEEPTSACK FLOP I HAVE 99 ON FLOP OF 265 FORCED ALL IN VS JJ, PROBABLY A BAD CALL BUT I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOOD.

BACK TO GRINDING ON CASH AND SIT N GO'S