You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    yeah i knew that post flop was just horrible, i wasn't feeling playing tbh and was just spewing for the sake of doubling, busting whatever. deffo not the right mind-set.

i did, however,  try to weigh up options pre and was heavily leaning to a fold but i'm not very experienced in MTTs and i'm not at the stage where i can play by feel and insta-fold / call etc in all situations.

i heatered in the first batch of MTT's i played on the site and built up a lot of false confidence. but i'm starting to become very aware of leaks/ gaps in my knowledge.  in a lot of spots i'm finding i dont know what to do and i'm evaluating on the fly. it's all a bit diffiicult and concious atm. will ge there eventually, i hope.

thanks for the advice guys.

• edited November 2013

£15,000 Primo

Mactrad1022£118.50

Should have done much better but just got very unlucky at the end

• edited November 2013

Managed a cash in the Mini tonight. Very disappointed in my exit hand as the villain had been bullying with his big stack, alas his AK beat my QQ. Thank you Martin and Geldy for rail.

FlyingDagg 0 14 £19.62

• edited November 2013
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL  £2484.68

GRAND TOTAL             £135407.25
  • edited November 2013
    WD jonny, mactrad and dale very nice cashes  guys.Soz jonny didn't rail to the end but I fell asleep after my grub.To be 18 yrs old again eh lol.Very unlucky there dale you played so well and deserved better.Keep going lads your doing very well.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TITANS

Best of Luck Tonight

Take it Down
  • edited November 2013
    First: 1/1/0001
    Last: 1/1/0001
    hi had a cash today in £300 bounty hunter, after a long cash bubble.
    gl all for tonight.

Falcon339740001£86 + £58.42 Head Prizes6£18.34
    BACKFOOT02£53.75 + £26.72 Head Prizes6 
    andymis03£32.25 + £13.13 Head Prizes3 
    fire2305£19.35 + £3.75 Head Prizes1 
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck to all TPT playing the DTD tonight.

DTD1 HERE

DTD2 HERE

DTD3 HERE 

DTD Forum Thread HERE 

New players you need to reg for all 3 and then post on the final link for your scores to count.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I'm in exactly the same boat as you Teddy, in fact my income is so limited right now I have to  be profitable at poker to supplement my income. No BR means no poker so it does teach you good BRM.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

CONGRATULATIONS - Dagg and teddy, great to see my team mates gaining results when you say you really need them it fantastic, anytime i am on i will rail as i love to see my team mates win there is nothing better.

dagg - thanks for your coments during the rail the other night you were completely correct i made a mistake, onwards and upwards i must say i am really enjoying poker of late results been so so but i think i have the right mix of playing a way i like which is enjoyable to me and also keeping me in profit.

go TPT, good luck to all.

p.s. i have booked a nights holiday for tonight to try and have some poker fun, if i am on your table plz say hi and good luck as always
  • edited November 2013
    DTD night, my fav night of poker.

Good luck team lets TID...

• edited November 2013
    i think i have turned into one of the worst MTT players on the site. have a pattern of playing well, losing patience and then just clicking buttons hoping to be good and not caring if i bust. total spew, and i know i'm doing it too.  might stick to the monday night games now lol. cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    OMG Teddy - this could be me writing this post :(   I've been playing ok for the first hour or so and then losing the lot in 2 or 3 hands when I play cra p.  I have no idea how to fix this in my own game.  It's like I miss one hand - and then I give up!!

I shouldn't say I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to - but I'm sure you know that I don't mean it like that.

thanks for the rails tonight guys (and all week come to think of it!).  It's more apprecieated than you know.

Good luck tonight all - will be rooting for you all

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : OMG Teddy - this could be me writing this post :(   I've been playing ok for the first hour or so and then losing the lot in 2 or 3 hands when I play cra p.  I have no idea how to fix this in my own game.  It's like I miss one hand - and then I give up!! I shouldn't say I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to - but I'm sure you know that I don't mean it like that. thanks for the rails tonight guys (and all week come to think of it!).  It's more apprecieated than you know. Good luck tonight all - will be rooting for you all
    Posted by IrishRose
    tis a strange thing. and you've had some amazing results too.

i took on board what geldy and hhyftrftdr were saying and i played more conservatively / rationally tonight, tried to wait for some good spots. was happy to take flops and didn't feel the need to just blast chips at people hoping they fold.

there were still 3-4 really bad plays that i could feel myself making. but in general i felt in control.

might post some hands for advice, scorn and mockery tomorrow, but i really tried to cut out the spew and made some nice plays that i was really happy with. 

exit hands were 88<AA aipf 20bb, JJ<AA aipf [maybe could have gotten away from it] and AA<KK aipf. not much i could have done. 

small cash: DTD1

TeddyBloat015£4.82

i'm sure everything will come around for you rose. i just erred on the side of caution when deep tonight and it seemed to keep me on track, ish. run well mate
  • edited November 2013
    Hi peeps - long time no see - some great cashes there TPTers.

My Mrs decided to allow me to have 20 quid so I could play tonight and the mouse hasn't stopped for 2 days now so thought i'd give it a go. ( think my mopeing about was getting on her nerves LOL)

DtD was going reasonably well untill disaster struck, (I'll let Dale describe the hand that knocked us both out at the same time) and the other 2 I got knocked out when ahead so although dissapointed out of all 3 was pleased with how I played. I also satted into m/e for peanuts so am well happy

M/e

Jeffter032£32.76 + £25.31 Head Prizes2
    trev and rose still in as I write
  • edited November 2013
    my 3 exits hands:

QQ VS A8 ALL IN PRE - 
    55 VS 22 ALL IN PRE
    AK VS SOMETHING CANT REMEMBER BUT I GOT IT ALL IN GOOD, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST GET IT IN BAD.

• edited November 2013
    Little one for the Captain 10K Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV09 £109.20  + £16.88  Head Prizes1
    Thanks for the rail guys
  • edited November 2013

Railed the late stages of the main tonight, thought I'd comment here to congratulate TPT on a great performance!

Also couldn't believe some of the stuff I read on the rail, Rose you can't give up when 3 handed, that's the most important part!!!! lol. Win it and take the day off work instead ;)

Very ul with the exit anyway nothing you can do about that.

Anyway gg guys, gr8 rail too.
  • edited November 2013
    Railed the late stages of the main tonight, thought I'd comment here to congratulate TPT on a great performance! Also couldn't believe some of the stuff I read on the rail, Rose you can't give up when 3 handed, that's the most important part!!!! lol. Win it and take the day off work instead ;) Very ul with the exit anyway nothing you can do about that. Anyway gg guys, gr8 rail too.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Dohhhh much appreciated.

A great performance all round last night and really good to have so many TPT in the final stages of a main event.

Like you say top rail again - well done all.
  • edited November 2013
    Mactrad17280001£1378.65 + £334.08 Head Prizes7 poker7575702£802.62 + £183.30 Head Prizes5 IrishRose03£485.94 + £214.79 Head Prizes13wd Rose
  • edited November 2013
    wi03620001£124
    tallytink02£77.50
    leanne812603£46.50
    LARSON704£34.10
  • edited November 2013
    2cashes for moi in dtd last night dtd1 18th place £4.63 dtd2 15th place£2.53 cheers for rail dale trev geldy rose jeff and hayelz
  • edited November 2013
    Hey,

Seeing as I managed to take down DTD2 on behalf of TPT, I hoped I might get a mention!

Great Rail last night especially, Trev, Geldy and Rose (poor girl she must be knackered)!

Can you add me in for next week please.

Can I give shout out to Riverrick, the boys made of steel

Come on TPT (are we putting a team together for the UKIPT Nottingham?)

Let me know
  • edited November 2013
    Hey, Seeing as I managed to take down DTD2 on behalf of TPT, I hoped I might get a mention! Great Rail last night especially, Trev, Geldy and Rose (poor girl she must be knackered)! Can you add me in for next week please. Can I give shout out to Riverrick, the boys made of steel Come on TPT (are we putting a team together for the UKIPT Nottingham?) Let me know
    Posted by scampy_008

Im in !!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Hi all great to see every1 doing so well, not been about much recently just playing the odd few mtts here and there. Got a few cashes to post but its been ages since i posted them sooo I really cant be botherd but I will get round to it eventually !!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Im in !!!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    That's 2 of us, anyone else up for the mission?
  • edited November 2013
    Well done to Mactrad taking down the ME Last Night, big well done also to Irishrose taking 3rd.

Well done to New Member Scampy for taking down DTD 2.

Well done to FlashJonny cashing in 2 DTD Tournies

Nice cash also for Larson7

UKIPT Nottingham - 
    Would love to play this but unless I win an online satelite I probably won't make it. Would be great to see the progress of any of our players who are in though. Best of Luck.

• edited November 2013

well done mactrad rose and trev for last night main event gr8 effort keep it going!!!!

• edited November 2013
    Well done to Mactrad taking down the ME Last Night, big well done also to Irishrose taking 3rd. Well done to New Member Scampy for taking down DTD 2. Well done to FlashJonny cashing in 2 DTD Tournies Nice cash also for Larson7 UKIPT Nottingham -  Would love to play this but unless I win an online satelite I probably won't make it. Would be great to see the progress of any of our players who are in though. Best of Luck.  
    Posted by POKE

same here trev it be to much for me to buy in direct
  • edited November 2013
    well done all involved last night if you cashed or not i personally thought it was a great night loads of activity in the rails we showed some great team spirit.

there are too many names for me to mention who need a mention for doing well or just for railing your team mates or just participating.

I was on a table with CTBN what a player i have certainly learn't a fair bit having CTBN to your left for 3 hours was the best and worst thing that could happen to me, loads of learning but loads of rebuilding my stack trying to pot control against players that aggressive is very difficult and the amount of pressure i was put under i tended to fod than put my tournament life on the line, in saying that really enjoyed it to be honest.

good luck to all involved, p.s. its my birthday so take it easy on me.lol

if i am not working i will be buying in or may try to sat in to the UKIPT
  • edited November 2013
    Hi team members thanks for all the support last night
  • edited November 2013
    Well done mactrad, shared 2 or 3 tables with you recently and you bossed the lot.

Vwp and congrats on the score.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY