You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    thanks, geld.

i dropped down and game selected back up as soon as i hit my stop loss i'm quite good at that, a bit too good at it really. im rolled for higher games and do punt in the odd £5 mtt with some of my grind profits, but im defo not the type to batter a bankroll.

just won my final HU that's took me to 0.05p profit for the day [from 65 games!!!], and that feels like a hard won victory after this mornings carry-on.

logging off, booking the win, in profit for the day, lol

no shame at all.

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited November 2013
    Ended up luck boxing my way to win the orfie, HU got it in twice behind and held

LARSON75900001£98.94
  • edited November 2013
    Dale on ft of mega if anyone about.
  • edited November 2013
    Nice cashes all.

Min cash from the orfy.......wd to Larson for taking it down.

waller02013£7.26
  • edited November 2013

Won the Megastack after probably one the toughest HU battles I've had. RogueCell is relentless she bossed that FT. Thank you all for rail Martin, larson, ryan, teddy, steel, trev, haylez and apologies if I've missed anyone.

FlyingDagg 1290000 1 £180.28

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    since this is tribulations and cashes: dohhhhhh has been encouraging / inspiring me to move up stakes. infact i am ashamed of the nittyness of my BRM, its just that money in real life is tight and i couldn't replace my roll if i burned it. however... the chances of me going broke even if i move to the 5s is pretty slim and i'm dithering about £2 games. i cant excuse the nittyness any longer. my C4P took me over  a certain numerical milestone for the first time this week, so i decided to make the big leap to the £2 games [ ooooooohhhhh ] so i started open sitting the £2 lobbies, all was going as planned: running well, playing well. until i ran into a 'unconventional' player, he/she was pretty bad but kept on outkicking outdrawing and eventually out-playing me as i went into a tilt-fog button-mashing haze. lost 12 0f 14 without even realising it in an hour or so. no complaints i was well beaten in the end and it felt dirty admitting defeat and declining but i needed a break. it's took me all bloody afternoon and most of the evening grinding the micros and taking a shot at a few peeps in £3 games that i felt i could beat, but i'm back over that magic numerical milestone again, and the move up will begin in earnest again anon. run well team. cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you Teddy, in fact my income is so limited right now I have to  be profitable at poker to supplement my income. No BR means no poker so it does teach you good BRM.
  • edited November 2013
    Can I just say, dagg, that final 3 had more twists than 24 and lost put together. Was hard seeing who had won till the chips got shipped. Well played, you must be shattered!
  • edited November 2013
    Won the Megastack after probably one the toughest HU battles I've had. RogueCell is relentless she bossed that FT. Thank you all for rail Martin, larson, ryan, teddy, steel, trev, haylez and apologies if I've missed anyone. FlyingDagg  1290000  1  £180.28
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    The only time she didnt bet was when you flopped the world lol.

Would love to have seen you itching at the screen when she checked,  argggghhhh.

Vwp

• edited November 2013
    WD geldy waller Larson and dale great cashes guys.TPT ruiling the roost tonight.Had a little one from hi lo tonight.First night back.Played holdem, Omaha and hi lo just to get in swing of things.Hope to do better tomorrow. jjjach02£6
  • edited November 2013
    well done dale great result
  • edited November 2013
    well done kev on winning the orfy 2 cashes for moi 12th place in the orfy £8.67 and 1 im well made upabout about 8th place in the mini bh £31.96 3 hp £7.15 as there were over 580 runners I am well chuffed ty for the rail ty for the rail trev rose and my great mate jj well done on winning hi lo thingy gl all tonight
  • edited November 2013
    well done kev on winning the orfy 2 cashes for moi 12th place in the orfy £8.67 and 1 im well made upabout about 8th place in the mini bh £31.96 3 hp £7.15 as there were over 580 runners I am well chuffed ty for the rail ty for the rail trev rose and my great mate jj well done on winning hi lo thingy gl all tonight
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Well done Jonny 2 cashes in 1 night is good going. Sorry I couldn't rail I was a bit preoccupied lol.

And well done to Larson in the Orfy great win. also nice cashes to Rawhand, Zoe and Ryan. 5 TPT in the money in the Orfy is awesome
  • edited November 2013

Nice cashes jj and jonny. Good to see you did end up taking down the mega stack dale, vwp!

Gl at the tables all

• edited November 2013
    Well done Dale very nice result, and well done Jonny for the cashes.

And forgot to say yesterday thanks to Dale, JJ, Trev, Irish Rose Waller, Fredsgirl and everyone that was railing the orfie FT last night.
  • edited November 2013
    Cash from a £20 gtd scary.

waller021170001£31.20
  • edited November 2013
    Well done Larson on winning the Orfordable.

Well done dagg winning the Mega Stack

Good cashes Flash & Waller

Good luck on the tables all.
  • edited November 2013
    WD waller nice win in scary.Can't get me head around those super turbo, blinds got up every second thingys.WD nice cashes m8.Keep them results coming in m8.Gl at thetables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    since this is tribulations and cashes: dohhhhhh has been encouraging / inspiring me to move up stakes. infact i am ashamed of the nittyness of my BRM, its just that money in real life is tight and i couldn't replace my roll if i burned it. however... the chances of me going broke even if i move to the 5s is pretty slim and i'm dithering about £2 games. i cant excuse the nittyness any longer. my C4P took me over  a certain numerical milestone for the first time this week, so i decided to make the big leap to the £2 games [ ooooooohhhhh ] so i started open sitting the £2 lobbies, all was going as planned: running well, playing well. until i ran into a 'unconventional' player, he/she was pretty bad but kept on outkicking outdrawing and eventually out-playing me as i went into a tilt-fog button-mashing haze. lost 12 0f 14 without even realising it in an hour or so. no complaints i was well beaten in the end and it felt dirty admitting defeat and declining but i needed a break. it's took me all bloody afternoon and most of the evening grinding the micros and taking a shot at a few peeps in £3 games that i felt i could beat, but i'm back over that magic numerical milestone again, and the move up will begin in earnest again anon. run well team. cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Player last night @ £21s, significant loser over a significant sample of HU sngs.

Happy days!

Made lots of noticeable mistakes but took very strange lines and was difficult to figure out.

I won the first 3, but got very lucky in doing so. Winning the all ins, but getting outplayed at the same time.

Didn't feel comfortable at all and after being outploayed and losing the next 2 games I had to decline the rematch, which sounds ridiculous considering their poor stats and the lack of action at that level.

I just ran out of ideas.

Maybe it was just his night and he just 'had it' everytime. I dunno.

Very lucky to escape with a narrow win, but just shows that stats aren't everything & also the importance of momentum in HU sngs.

Odds on me declining his action at some point when I skoped him before game 1 and saw his horror stats were probably upwards of 100/1!

Good luck moving up TB. I'm sure you'll get ahead of the level sooner rather than later.

• edited November 2013
    I just ran out of ideas. 

exactly how i felt! started very confident and ended up drooling and clicking buttons. glad to know it happens to the best, too. [not glad it happened to you, personally! - disclaimer]. 

should have been disciplined enough to stand after a few losses but it felt irrational and ego gets in the way. 

by that time i'd have been beaten by a stranger off the street though; i just didn't have the gall to admit it to myself.

setting aside more study time now, as i know i have to get better, even at the £2-3 stakes if im to be comfortable 'up there'.

• edited November 2013
    WD waller nice win in scary.Can't get me head around those super turbo, blinds got up every second thingys.WD nice cashes m8.Keep them results coming in m8.Gl at thetables guys.
    Posted by jjjach
    WD jonny nice cashes m8.Keep them results coming.Was what I was meant to say.
  • edited November 2013
    3 cashes from me tonight.

£750 BH
    waller0206£27.87 + £16.42 Head Prizes6
    Mini BH
    waller02063£5.39 + £5.64 Head Prizes3 
    7.15 deepy
    waller02011£5.68
    Not playing anymore tonight as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Gl all and goodnight
  • edited November 2013
    Nice one waller

Little one from me 4K Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV0 13  £98.44  Head Prizes4
  • edited November 2013

cashed in the mini bh last night35 th place £6.80 1hp £4.83 made up with this cash as I was down to 275 chips at 1 time so well chuffed with this 1 gl all tonight

• edited November 2013
    WD waller, trev and jonny nice cashes guys.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    wp waller, trev & jonny

been crushing the sats and frenzies today so will be playing PRIMO & UKPC semi
    with about £120 of multiple entry fees returned ie cash winnings

also a £500 BH 1/39
    GELDY780001£156 + £62.81 Head Prizes4
    gl all tonight & particularly anyone in a UKPC event
  • edited November 2013
    finished 7th in the £350 bh this affo £15.32 5hp £13.82 and ty for the rail jj
  • edited November 2013
    i think i have turned into one of the worst MTT players on the site.

have a pattern of playing well, losing patience and then just clicking buttons hoping to be good and not caring if i bust.

total spew, and i know i'm doing it too. 

might stick to the monday night games now lol.

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited November 2013
    ok here's an example of the ham-fisted butchery i'm talking about. all flames about my post flop play is welcome - i know it's terribad. but my bigger question is about what to do pre.

i'm really unsure about how often and wide i should be defending my BB in this spot, and since these spots come up so often, small mistakes here will turn into huge leaks as a slighly -ev mistake that we get to make over and over again is huge, innit.

obv i am getting great odds, but even making the call i knew i could easily / likely be dominated. if it had been a button raise  its a more clear call/3bet decision. but KTs is pretty strong, non. if we bin that what sort of range to we need to be playing when the blinds are high. to make the call worse it was at this point readless. having called i'll be damned if im playing fit or fold, and i was tilted at this stage by my own ineptitude

as i say i expect to get flamed, but i present it in all its glory.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    steven1972 Small blind   200.00 200.00 6652.50
    TeddyBloat Big blind   400.00 600.00 9085.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

chillchoi Raise   800.00 1400.00 5465.00
    bbaby Fold        
    mpr300016 Fold        
    FlyingDagg Fold        
    steven1972 Fold        
    TeddyBloat Call   400.00 1800.00 8685.00
    Flop

TeddyBloat Check        
    chillchoi Bet   400.00 2200.00 5065.00
    TeddyBloat Raise   1200.00 3400.00 7485.00
    chillchoi Call   800.00 4200.00 4265.00
    Turn

• K

TeddyBloat Bet   2100.00 6300.00 5385.00
    chillchoi All-in   4265.00 10565.00 0.00
    TeddyBloat Raise   4330.00 14895.00 1055.00
    TeddyBloat Unmatched bet   2165.00 12730.00 3220.00
    TeddyBloat Show
    • K

chillchoi Show
    • K
    • A

River

TeddyBloat Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 12730.00   15950.00
  • edited November 2013
    Teddy - you have just over 20bigs - so you should already be thinking about tightening up & the raise is from utg
    fold fold fold

if it was the sb that bets then maybe see a flop, because at least then you'll have position
    lol i just forgot to take my addon in the speedy as i was distracted by this
    even vs a button raise you don't want to be 3-betting readless
    save the chips for when they will count

• edited November 2013
    Teddy, I like the fact that you've posted the hand despite winning it. Great sign of a thinking/good player.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a huge fan of the peel. Villain is raising UTG out of a pretty short stack; K10 just doesn't play too well vs this range (hard to love life if the flop comes K or 10 high). With notes or history, we could perhaps play our hand a bit 'quicker' (vs a certain some I might just put them in pre flop and fully expect a fold).

His stack size makes things awkward as we shouldn't be 3bet folding, and peeling is just gonna mean we check fold so many flops. Fair play to you for making your move and not just calling to hit something juicy. But it's hard to see what you're representing when check raising that board. Would you c/r a 9 or 22? Unlikely. Would you c/r all your small PP's? Again, unlikely (I'm making assumptions on both so feel free to correct me!). By c/r it looks like you're repping the hand he has (obvs not AKs but a flush draw), so in one respect you're unlucky to walk into his holding. On another hand, a good villain might just raise all in with A high on this board after that action, pretty confident that they are ahead at present and give you the decision for a large portion of your stack.

As played, the turn card means it plays itself. Nice river btw ;)