You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2014
    any1 gd on dym games im c.rap
  • edited January 2014
    hi all,

just won a sat for tonights turbo see how that goes.

try the mini aswell i think.

daiw, i just play very tight on dym.s  premium only, i normally play a few at a time so dont get a read on many players. just the odds, but do find it a diffrent approach is needed, miby even letting aces go pre because u dont need to get involved lol.     

this was a great read and dont know if it will help mate

• edited January 2014
    Welcome to TPT ravinjay69. Have sent you a pm.
  • edited January 2014
    Well done to everyone on dtd games last night especially to pom for taking down dtd1.
    Glad you took my advise daiw lol nice win and cash mate
    Welcome to the team ravingjay69 ..
    Good luck at the tables tonight all....
  • edited January 2014
    Well done on all your cashes everyone

Great Effort in the DTD last night

Heres a Little one from me in DTD3
    POKERTREV 0£18.91
    Thanks for the rail everyone

Good luck at the tables tonight.
  • edited January 2014
    well done pom awesome stuff
  • edited January 2014
    Nice results everyone especially pomfrites
    on my way to macau
    wish me luck
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Nice results everyone especially pomfrites on my way to macau wish me luck
    Posted by GELDY
    whats macau?   good luck anyway.
  • edited January 2014
    WD on all your cashes guys.Welcome to the team ravingjay69
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening TPTers..

I have a question for the team..

2/3 tables remaining and you have the chip lead. How do you play it?

The reason i'm asking is due to the fact I can play a short stack ( shove or fold) I'm ok with an average stack. When it gets to the chip lead I end up donking it off. Just can't alter my game for a chip lead at that stage of the MTT. Or should I be altering my game???

Obviously when I get in that position i should be pushing on for the win, which is my problem, i'm luckt to make the FT.

Hoping for some good advice

Thanks Carl...
  • edited January 2014
    yeah whats manau?? Good luck what ever it may be

small cash from dtd3

dangerdai011£5.62
    and small cash in 2k mini b/h

dangerdai052£5.99 + £4.69 Head Prizes      
  • edited January 2014
    Small cash in the main 2 night
    LARSON7026£32.60
    Gl Geldy

Chris, Macau is a Chinese province, big tourist destination, gambling den lol
  • edited January 2014

This would also explain why the largest poker pots ever are to be found in macau, not in the US or Europe where there are far more millionaires and far more disposable income to go around. In fact, in vegas there is an upper limit of 100k that any person can lose per pot, whereas this restriction does not apply in macau.
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening TPTers.. I have a question for the team.. 2/3 tables remaining and you have the chip lead. How do you play it? The reason i'm asking is due to the fact I can play a short stack ( shove or fold) I'm ok with an average stack. When it gets to the chip lead I end up donking it off. Just can't alter my game for a chip lead at that stage of the MTT. Or should I be altering my game??? Obviously when I get in that position i should be pushing on for the win, which is my problem, i'm luckt to make the FT. Hoping for some good advice Thanks Carl...
    Posted by chubbers
    If I have the chip lead personally I'm staying tight but will look for spots where I can use position to steal the blinds now and again. If the table is passive I will up the aggro, an active table I'll let them get on with it. I'd be very happy to get the pot preflop. If someone is allin and your thinking of a call look at your hand then think what beats it. I believe that gives you a better perspective on what your holding.

Going off last nights Stars game I think you played very well on the final table but HU he seemed to own you although I didn't see every hand. You need to be aggressive HU, more 3 betting and widen your range. If aggression isn't your natural game try playing the cheapest HU Sit and Gos. It did wonders for me and it's surprising how soon you get used to changing this part of your game. Don't worry if you lose it's all about becoming comfortable with a different style of play.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : If I have the chip lead personally I'm staying tight but will look for spots where I can use position to steal the blinds now and again. If the table is passive I will up the aggro, an active table I'll let them get on with it. I'd be very happy to get the pot preflop. If someone is allin and your thinking of a call look at your hand then think what beats it. I believe that gives you a better perspective on what your holding .   Going off last nights Stars game I think you played very well on the final table but HU he seemed to own you although I didn't see every hand. You need to be aggressive HU, more 3 betting and widen your range. If aggression isn't your natural game try playing the cheapest HU Sit and Gos. It did wonders for me and it's surprising how soon you get used to changing this part of your game. Don't worry if you lose it's all about becoming comfortable with a different style of play.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Evening Dale,

Thanks for the reply, have to say I made a mistake during HU yesterday, I held 10,6, flop was 6,q,q I bet he shoved, I thought about it and folded, I should of called even if he had a q would of been a good call as it left him with a 5:1 chip lead. I'd bet too much to fold.

Anyway thanks for the advice, see live I can hopefully read a table I really find it hard online.

Will hopefully be in a position to make use of the advice in the next couple of days

Cheers Carl..
  • edited January 2014
    hey guys little one in 25 guarnt
    hahahhaha670001£15
    gillespie02£9
    seahorse5503£6
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening TPTers.. I have a question for the team.. 2/3 tables remaining and you have the chip lead. How do you play it? The reason i'm asking is due to the fact I can play a short stack ( shove or fold) I'm ok with an average stack. When it gets to the chip lead I end up donking it off. Just can't alter my game for a chip lead at that stage of the MTT. Or should I be altering my game??? Obviously when I get in that position i should be pushing on for the win, which is my problem, i'm luckt to make the FT. Hoping for some good advice Thanks Carl...
    Posted by chubbers
    Hi Chubers
    I tried to reply to this last night, but after typing for 10-15mins a little tournament reminder "pop-up" appeared on my screen and wouldn't let me save the post.....so frustrating :)

So anway...............

We need to use controlled aggresion, flex our chipstack muscles, but in the right spots.......

I found the following post very useful on another forum..........

"When you have a big chip stack (big = five or more times the average at the table, IMO; 10xaverage would be better), you can play the table bully. But if there is another stack that is greater than yours, be careful. You do not want to find yourself in a war with that guy -- you are just looking to steal blinds from the medium stacks and the small stacks that are hoping to squeak past the bubble. You want to be pushing at people who are worried and who can't really hurt you.

Since the blinds at this point are usually pretty nice, if the other players don't play back at you, you can amass a substantial increase of your chip stack. But DO NOT FORGET WHAT YOU ARE DOING. If a very small stack shoves his 3BB stack, it's OK to stay in that hand. If he wins, it does not damage your stack much. But if a 15BB stack shoves, you want to have a hand of some sort. Otherwise, you are likely to whittle down your own nice stack until you are also in trouble. (Been there, done that.)

If at all possible, do not engage with other big stacks. If one of them is trying to be table bully, then you may have to back off on that job. Unless, of course, you find yourself with a monster. Even then, consider whether this is the time you want to go out. (Yes, you could double up. But when there's a bigstack war at a table, they both usually have very nice hands. And I can't tell you how happy the other players are to see this battle. I'm not saying fold your KK--but be ready to be OK about it if it loses. It's a choice you make, so no crying.)

Some bigstack table bullies will raise every single hand. That creates an interesting psycho-social dynamic. People start to resent it, they get angry, and some will get up the courage to call or shove. Some of them will double up, which will give others the courage. Especially if you call a shove with garbage and they see it. So I advise not raising every hand. Behave as if you are using some sense. Conversely, it's not necessary to wait for a premium hand. That is wasting an opportunity."

Hope you find this useful
  • edited January 2014
    Small cash in the 7-15 Deepie TY all for rail

FlyingDagg0 9 £6.37
  • edited January 2014
    WD on your cashing guys.Nothing from me for a while.Just wait for a run good.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Chubers I tried to reply to this last night, but after typing for 10-15mins a little tournament reminder "pop-up" appeared on my screen and wouldn't let me save the post.....so frustrating :) So anway............... We need to use controlled aggresion, flex our chipstack muscles, but in the right spots....... I found the following post very useful on another forum.......... "When you have a big chip stack (big = five or more times the average at the table, IMO; 10xaverage would be better), you can play the table bully. But if there is another stack that is greater than yours, be careful. You do not want to find yourself in a war with that guy -- you are just looking to steal blinds from the medium stacks and the small stacks that are hoping to squeak past the bubble. You want to be pushing at people who are worried and who can't really hurt you. Since the blinds at this point are usually pretty nice, if the other players don't play back at you, you can amass a substantial increase of your chip stack. But DO NOT FORGET WHAT YOU ARE DOING. If a very small stack shoves his 3BB stack, it's OK to stay in that hand. If he wins, it does not damage your stack much. But if a 15BB stack shoves, you want to have a hand of some sort. Otherwise, you are likely to whittle down your own nice stack until you are also in trouble. (Been there, done that.) If at all possible, do not engage with other big stacks. If one of them is trying to be table bully, then you may have to back off on that job. Unless, of course, you find yourself with a monster. Even then, consider whether this is the time you want to go out. (Yes, you could double up. But when there's a bigstack war at a table, they both usually have very nice hands. And I can't tell you how happy the other players are to see this battle. I'm not saying fold your KK--but be ready to be OK about it if it loses. It's a choice you make, so no crying.) Some bigstack table bullies will raise every single hand. That creates an interesting psycho-social dynamic. People start to resent it, they get angry, and some will get up the courage to call or shove. Some of them will double up, which will give others the courage. Especially if you call a shove with garbage and they see it. So I advise not raising every hand. Behave as if you are using some sense. Conversely, it's not necessary to wait for a premium hand. That is wasting an opportunity." Hope you find this useful
    Posted by POKERTREV

Thanks for the post trev. Have copied and saved it. so can have a read, when (yes, when) i'm in that situation again.
  • edited January 2014
    bit disapointed i did not win it thought i had the skill to but we both had big hands at wrong time for me

9pm 4000 bounty hunter

lerky3800001£676.88 + £315.60 Head Prizes7£15.77daiw02£418 + £220.32 Head Prizes5£20.75TheThief7703£258.88 + £86.20 Head Prizes3 

• edited January 2014
    couple of dutty ones
    11 pound bounty hunter
     murduch940001£173.90 + £136 Head Prizes7£20.96BB8102£103.40 + £15 Head Prizes2 gibbmole03£70.50 + £22.50 Head Prizes3 bantheCC04£51.70 + £31.88 Head Prizes4 LUCKYSTANE05£37.60 + £62.11 Head Prizes6 daiw06£32.90 + £14.06 Head Prizes1 

11 pound game
    albania1880001£151.05 + £68.88 Head Prizes6 NooGooood02£93.28 + £47.30 Head Prizes6 daiw03£57.77 + £13.13 Head Prizes3

11 pound bounty hunter
    albania1880001£151.05 + £68.88 Head Prizes6 NooGooood02£93.28 + £47.30 Head Prizes6 daiw03£57.77 + £13.13 Head Prizes3
  • edited January 2014
    11 pound game

sspk2415261940001£146.78 + £50.32 Head Prizes4 GABIAGREEN02£90.64 + £23.91 Head Prizes4 cobaw03£56.13 + £38.91 Head Prizes6 AceSinger04£45.32 + £22.50 Head Prizes5 bombaaaa05£37.85 + £5.63 Head Prizes1 iceer06£31.93 + £7.61 Head Prizes1 walks231107£26.78 + £18.22 Head Prizes2 ratbag08£21.630 col2109£16.74 + £3.75 Head Prizes1 Aeragan010£16.74 + £15.47 Head Prizes3 Bluemick011£12.36 + £7.50 Head Prizes2 daiw012£12.10 + £23.96 Head Prizes3
  • edited January 2014
    WD daiw great cashes.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited January 2014
    Gl to everyone at the tables tonight I won't be playing cos I'm having my lAptop checked out unless I can my hands in one
  • edited January 2014
    Gl to everyone at the tables tonight I won't be playing cos I'm having my lAptop checked out unless I can my hands in one
    Posted by daiw
    Nice cash's daiw with all them just go buy your self a new one GL
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Nice cash's daiw with all them just go buy your self a new one GL
    Posted by rawhand
    It's pretty new I'm to tight to buy another one but I need sumthin which I can play 8 tables at time cos I can only fit 4 at time on this one
  • edited January 2014
    After having a little break, I have come back feeling refreshed and managed to win a tourament.

15:30 BH
    ZOED2420001£84.55 + £23.20 Head Prizes4
    18:30 £2 rebuy
    ZOED05£29.91
    Sky Headhunter
    ZOED017£6 Head Prizes2
    Some great Cashes Daiw well done xx

• edited January 2014

Evening all,

Had a great night again tonight, just missed out on the FT of the deepie but 7th was ok.

chubbers07£9.57
    ORFY and MEGA tom night, hopefully be better than last week.

Thanks for the rail steel/dale..

• edited January 2014
    a few cashes for me today
    11 bh and 2.30 bounty hunter

haylez832840001£81.60 + £34.95 Head Prizes13

haylez8309£4.31 + £4.69 Head Prizes5
      haylez83          0     21       £3.99 Head Prizes                              6