You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Got bested all day today, had some bad run outs, but think the volume really creases my concentration. 

Played 

49 hypers won 24, lost 225

10 turbo won 5 lost 5

Lost £11.31

Well behind on volume and crushed on profit.

Going to need to activate my god-mode switch to hit my targets now!

-----------------

51 x £3 hypers

90 x £2 turbos

10 x £2 standards

£53.31p 

To go

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    hi all so thought i would play some HU games not my usual style  but fancied a change, also thought id see how many i could play before it got a bit busy, the anser is 6 at the same time lol some hyper, normal turbo and speed. these all being £1.05 or 55p BI's because i have a  very small br and not my usual game. apart from one 3.15 which i lost. PLAYED 27         WON 16  LOST 11 NORMAL =     £1.05     X 6       WON 5 TURBO   =     £1.05     X 3       WON 3 SPEED     =     £1.05    X 6       WON 2 HYPER    =     £3.15    X1         LOSE                     £1.05    X 4        WON 2                         55P   X7         WON 4 by the looks of thing i should prob stick too normal and turbo, and miby not mix when multitabling, but just wanted too see how it would go think i might stick it for a while and see if i can build on it a little, no more than 4 at a time tho  lol any advice on the HU games would be appreciated. cheers guys n gals anf gl on the tables.                       
    Posted by Chris_Mc

No advice from me afraid, I am super bad at heads up stts but I would defenitly not play 6 at a time mate, 6 mtts, cash tables or standard stts yeh but I would never play 6 heads up stts r u crazy ? haha

• edited January 2014
    1 from today thats not showing up in the lobby.

1st in a 22£ Bher for around 180 I think, cant be sure dagg so I would wait until it comes up b4 u total it mate, cheers for the rail geldy appriciated as always....

• edited January 2014
    Hey guys.  Geldy kindly asked me along, so thought I'd say hello.  Seemed rude not to!

Thanks for the support in the main event tonight, Geldy, kept me on the straight and narrow...

Cheers

Matt
  • edited January 2014
    Indeed I did

I remember being on an FT of a £4,000 BH with him a few weeks ago and he took down the main last night (vwp mattprawn)

But more importantly always a good chat and very good attitude
    Would be an asset to the team

And would you believe he has graced us with his first ever forum post, and that was after 6+ hours of heavy main grinding

Trev, dagg - do your stuff
  • edited January 2014
    Indeed I did I remember being on an FT of a £4,000 BH with him a few weeks ago and he took down the main last night (vwp mattprawn) But more importantly always a good chat and very good attitude Would be an asset to the team And would you believe he has graced us with his first ever forum post, and that was after 6+ hours of heavy main grinding Trev, dagg - do your stuff
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm happy to have mattprawn in the team but it's Trevs team so Trevs decision. I know my place :) (but as Trev hasn't been around for a day or 2 I'll say he's in pending confirmation)
  • edited January 2014
    Hi K8LOU in your browser if you go into options / content you should be able to block pop ups gl at the table guys
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : ive been slaughtered HU today, but made a bit of money playing them over the last few months. if you don't already know NASH, look up the push / fold charts and familiarise yourself with what they are and how they work. if you push NASH 6bb and under then thats 100% +ev no matter what calling range you opponent adopts. dont follow the calling charts blindly at any depth though, unless you think your opponent is shoving close to nash or wider. be uber aware of stack sizes, and your opponents button behaviour. wouldnt follow nash above 8bb, use it as a guide, but i think min raising does better for lots of hands. well done on your results and especially multi-tabling.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

cheers for the advice, what is NASH, where would i find it?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : cheers for the advice, what is NASH, where would i find it?
    Posted by Chris_Mc

really difficult to explain succinctly, but here goes.

NASH describes optimal - ie inexploitable - play. your opponent can do no better than play NASH against you when you adopt it. optimal and exploitable are strange terms so look at this game:

we are HU with 10bb.

the SB can only SHOVE or FOLD.

the BB can only CALL or FOLD in response.

---

the SB decides to push pocket pairs and KQ and AK

the BB can exploit that by calling only 99+

the SB can then exploit that tight calling range by bluffing a TONNE

the BB will then be incentivised to exploit all that junk by calling lighter.

now these exploitative iterations can continue back and forth but summat special happens when the SB adopts the following shoving range:

22+,A2+,K2+,Q2s+,Q8o+,J3s+,J8o+,T4s+,T8o+,95s+,97o+,84s+,87o,74s+,76o,64s+,53s+  57% of hands.

now all the BB can do is call with the following range:

22+,A2+,K2s+,K5o+,Q7s+,Q9o+,J8s+,JTo,T9s - 37% of hands

if the BB calls tighter or lighter he loses in EV

however the SBs best response to the new calling range is to continue to shove 57% of hands.

both players are stuck in a situatuion where they will only do worse by changing strategy. this is the fabled equlibrium of poker.

-------

NASH SHOVE/FOLD charts, then are charts that give you a range of hands for every stack depth that when shoved mean that your opponent can do no better against that range than call the corresponding NASH CALL / FOLD range: if you play NASH no opponent, no matter how godlike, can exploit you.

-------

caveat time!

this does not guarentee you will win. NASH is inexploitable at ALL stack depths, but it is a -EV proposition for the small blind deeper than 6bbs. if you shove NASH at 15bb and your oppo calls NASH then they will have a small edge. if they dont call NASH then that edge will lessen and may even dissappear.

NASH also assumes that SHOVE or FOLD are your only options. in reality you can raise or limp.

for example even limping AA is likely to do much better than shoving at most stack depths.

---------

when should you use NASH:

NASH becomes +EV for the SB around 6bbs. if you SHOVE nash at these depths no strategy can be adopted by your opponent to beat you long term.

it is a great default option against oppos who are better than you, or whose strategy and tendencies you cannot work our how to beat. adopt NASH around 10-12bb v these players andthey can ONLY do as well as adopting NASH v you. you CANNOT be exploited no matter how phil ivey-like they are.

----------

dont auto call NASH, NASH calls for some light calls:

T9s at 11bb
    Q4s at 9bb
    T9o at  8bb
    85s at 5bb

if you think your oppo is never shoving as light as NASH then you can do better by tighening up you calling

note that if you think that your oppopent is never calling Q4s at 9bb or 85s at 5bb then you can jam WIDER than NASH even 100% v some people. ive seen people fold from a 1.5bb stack!!!

if you think your opponent is shoving NASH or wider then adopt the NASH calling range, you will win long term deeper than 6bb.

-------

summary

shove NASH 6bb  and below.

as stacks approach 6bb from around 13bb so your strat should start to appoximate NASH more.

use it 8-12bb against opponents that are beating you / you cant work out how to beat [you will be impossible to exploit doing this]

NASH is a small losing proposition for the SB deeper than 6bb and it gets worse the deeper you go.

only call NASH against people shoving wide.

-----

google the charts.

they are hard to get to grips with.

pocket pairs appear diagonally, unsuited hands below the diagonal on the left; suited hands above the diagonal on the right. the numbers in the boxes represent the maximum stack depth that the hand appears in the NASH range.

any questions ill be happy to help with

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : really difficult to explain succinctly, but here goes. NASH describes optimal - ie inexploitable - play. your opponent can do no better than play NASH against you when you adopt it. optimal and exploitable are strange terms so look at this game: we are HU with 10bb. the SB can only SHOVE or FOLD. the BB can only CALL or FOLD in response. --- the SB decides to push pocket pairs and KQ and AK the BB can exploit that by calling only 99+ the SB can then exploit that tight calling range by bluffing a TONNE the BB will then be incentivised to exploit all that junk by calling lighter. now these exploitative iterations can continue back and forth but summat special happens when the SB adopts the following shoving range: 22+,A2+,K2+,Q2s+,Q8o+,J3s+,J8o+,T4s+,T8o+,95s+,97o+,84s+,87o,74s+,76o,64s+,53s+  57% of hands. now all the BB can do is call with the following range: 22+,A2+,K2s+,K5o+,Q7s+,Q9o+,J8s+,JTo,T9s - 37% of hands if the BB calls tighter or lighter he loses in EV however the SBs best response to the new calling range is to continue to shove 57% of hands. both players are stuck in a situatuion where they will only do worse by changing strategy. this is the fabled equlibrium of poker. ------- NASH SHOVE/FOLD charts, then are charts that give you a range of hands for every stack depth that when shoved mean that your opponent can do no better against that range than call the corresponding NASH CALL / FOLD range: if you play NASH no opponent, no matter how godlike, can exploit you. ------- caveat time! this does not guarentee you will win. NASH is inexploitable at ALL stack depths, but it is a -EV proposition for the small blind deeper than 6bbs. if you shove NASH at 15bb and your oppo calls NASH then they will have a small edge. if they dont call NASH then that edge will lessen and may even dissappear. NASH also assumes that SHOVE or FOLD are your only options. in reality you can raise or limp. for example even limping AA is likely to do much better than shoving at most stack depths. --------- when should you use NASH: NASH becomes +EV for the SB around 6bbs. if you SHOVE nash at these depths no strategy can be adopted by your opponent to beat you long term. it is a great default option against oppos who are better than you, or whose strategy and tendencies you cannot work our how to beat. adopt NASH around 10-12bb v these players andthey can ONLY do as well as adopting NASH v you. you CANNOT be exploited no matter how phil ivey-like they are. ---------- dont auto call NASH, NASH call for some light calls: T9s at 11bb Q4s at 9bb T9o at  8bb 85s at 5bb if you think your oppo is never shoving as light as NASH then you can do better by tighening up you calling note that if you think that your oppopent is never calling Q4s at 9bb or 85s at 5bb then you can jam WIDER than NASH even 100% v some people. ive seen people fold from a 1.5bb stack!!! if you think your opponent is shoving NASH or wider then adopt the NASH calling range, you will win long term deeper than 6bb. ------- summary shove NASH 6bb  and below. as stacks approach 6bb from around 13bb so your strat should start to appoximate NASH more. use it 8-12bb against opponents that are beating you / you cant work out how to beat [you will be impossible to exploit doing this] NASH is a small losing proposition for the SB deeper than 6bb and it gets worse the deeper you go. only call NASH against people shoving wide. ----- google the charts. they are hard to get to grips with. pocket pairs appear diagonally, unsuited hands below the diagonal on the left; suited hands above the diagonal on the right. the numbers in the boxes represent the maximum stack depth that the hand appears in the NASH range. any questions ill be happy to help with
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    TeddyBloat the Stephen Hawking of poker.
  • edited January 2014
    small cash in deepy gl to steel and stoke
    KEITH1960013£5
  • edited January 2014
    Hi K8LOU in your browser if you go into options / content you should be able to block pop ups gl at the table guys
    Posted by KEITH1960

Cheers mate 

• edited January 2014
    cashed in the 7.15 deepy ty for rail tpt'ers,wd keith and stoke who cashed in it 2 gl all on the tables

steelrod05£17.57
  • edited January 2014

played my favourite mtt again & took it as cash

UKPC semi  2/28
    GELDY195382Entry to £500K UKPC Final + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £240, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    nice results everyone

daiw currently chip leader in the £5,000BH
    and K8lou 2nd in the speed £2,000BH
    do give mattprawn some railing if you come across him

i'm going to be off for a couple of weeks or so - gl everyone at the tables

• edited January 2014
    Hey all nice cashes, gl daiw cant rail mate I need to get away from the laptop its giving me a banging head ache, anyways hope u bink mate. Small 1 from the 55£ speed.

K8LOU05£92 + £62.11 Head Prizes3
  • edited January 2014
    got a bit of confidence back in the HU games. felt like i had forgotten to play them at one point.

got into a rhythm and was swatting bluffs away with king high, and  Q high:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    x Small blind   10.00 10.00 570.00
    TeddyBloat Big blind   20.00 30.00 400.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

x Call   10.00 40.00 560.00
    TeddyBloat Check        
    Flop

TeddyBloat Check        
    x
    Bet   40.00 80.00 520.00
    TeddyBloat Call   40.00 120.00 360.00
    Turn

• K

TeddyBloat Check        
    x
    Check        
    River

TeddyBloat Check        
    x
    Bet   80.00 200.00 440.00
    TeddyBloat Call   80.00 280.00 280.00
    x
    Show

TeddyBloat Show
    • Q

TeddyBloat Win Pair of 2s 280.00   560.00

this opponent had really owned me in a short spell earlier in the night. i was able to work out what he was doing when he came back a bit later on, and but for a few suck outs i'd have won more. but still finished well up on him. nice to be able to snap Q high with certainty.

---------

played

36 hypers, won 27, lost 19

5 turbos, won 3, lost 2

£18.60 profit.

clawed back yesterdays losses

--------

15 x £3 hypers

85 x £2 turbos

20 x £2 standards

and

£34.71

to go

-----------

will need to run very hot to get close to my cash target, and will prob miss volume targets. but no point in setting easy goals, innit. will be giving it my best shot.

run well guys

• edited January 2014

disappointed did not get more. did not have the cards at the right time
    55pound bounty hunter 9pm
    eight1993227620 £168.75 Head Prizes8£81.25williwont143127 £263.63 Head Prizes7£112.85AKAscotty77253 £125.39 Head Prizes5£66.79daiw04£236.60 + £86.72 Head Prizes3

• edited January 2014

im glad I got knocked out with the worst hand b4 flops cos last 2 week I bn going in with the best hand by far and just falling unlucky.
    I had ak in the main and qk knocked me out so thought I had another night of it. gl everyone speak soon

• edited January 2014
    got a bit of confidence back in the HU games. felt like i had forgotten to play them at one point. got into a rhythm and was swatting bluffs away with king high, and  Q high: Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance x Small blind   10.00 10.00 570.00 TeddyBloat Big blind   20.00 30.00 400.00   Your hole cards Q 6       x Call   10.00 40.00 560.00 TeddyBloat Check         Flop     3 4 2       TeddyBloat Check         x Bet   40.00 80.00 520.00 TeddyBloat Call   40.00 120.00 360.00 Turn     K       TeddyBloat Check         x Check         River     2       TeddyBloat Check         x Bet   80.00 200.00 440.00 TeddyBloat Call   80.00 280.00 280.00 x Show 10 8       TeddyBloat Show Q 6       TeddyBloat Win Pair of 2s 280.00   560.00 this opponent had really owned me in a short spell earlier in the night. i was able to work out what he was doing when he came back a bit later on, and but for a few suck outs i'd have won more. but still finished well up on him. nice to be able to snap Q high with certainty. --------- played 36 hypers, won 27, lost 19 5 turbos, won 3, lost 2 £18.60 profit. clawed back yesterdays losses -------- 15 x £3 hypers 85 x £2 turbos 20 x £2 standards and £34.71 to go ----------- will need to run very hot to get close to my cash target, and will prob miss volume targets. but no point in setting easy goals, innit. will be giving it my best shot. run well guys
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    wd m8 I should try those games cos if you do get heads up in a tourney its make a big diference if u had lots of practice plus from 1st to 2nd prizes neally doubled
  • edited January 2014
    played my favourite mtt again & took it as cash UKPC semi  2/28 GELDY 19538 2 Entry to £500K UKPC Final + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £240, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee. nice results everyone daiw currently chip leader in the £5,000BH and K8lou 2nd in the speed £2,000BH do give mattprawn some railing if you come across him i'm going to be off for a couple of weeks or so - gl everyone at the tables
    Posted by GELDY
    wd m8 I can see why u play that all the time
  • edited January 2014
    Hey all nice cashes, gl daiw cant rail mate I need to get away from the laptop its giving me a banging head ache, anyways hope u bink mate. Small 1 from the 55£ speed. K8LOU 0 5 £92 + £62.11 Head Prizes 3
    Posted by K8LOU
    wd m8 keep it up
  • edited January 2014
    WD guys all great cashes as per usual

Didnt play any tournys until about 1am lol

2nd in the 200gtd for £61 and really enjoyed it.

TX for the rail trev mate and the great banter, was playing on the laptop in bed at the time and kept waking the wife up laughing :)

GL all and bring on the ORFY :)
  • edited January 2014
    Hey guys.  Geldy kindly asked me along, so thought I'd say hello.  Seemed rude not to! Thanks for the support in the main event tonight, Geldy, kept me on the straight and narrow... Cheers Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Hi mattprawn
    Welcome to Team Poker Titans

Nice to see Geldy has kept you on the straight & narrow, but can I ask you something.....................

I've heared of a "straight" in poker........but whats a "narrow"? :)

Best of Luck & welcome
  • edited January 2014
    WD guys all great cashes as per usual Didnt play any tournys until about 1am lol 2nd in the 200gtd for £61 and really enjoyed it. TX for the rail trev mate and the great banter, was playing on the laptop in bed at the time and kept waking the wife up laughing :) GL all and bring on the ORFY :)
    Posted by Diminuendo
    No probs m8...............have you shipped my 7.25% yet? :)

Nice cashes everyone.

Not playing as much as I would like at the mo due to work commitments and being pretty knackered by the time I get home, but this mini rest from poker every night may do my game a world of good too, so it's not all bad :)

Will see you all in the Friday Orfordable Tonight

Best of Luck

• edited January 2014
    morning every1 finished 10th in the main last night £99.43 4hp £94.43 ty for the rail dale chubbers and jj I am well made up with this as I satted in for £7.20 gl all in the orfy tonight
  • edited January 2014
    morning every1 finished 10th in the main last night £99.43 4hp £94.43 ty for the rail dale chubbers and jj I am well made up with this as I satted in for £7.20 gl all in the orfy tonight
    Posted by FLASHJONNY

Well Done Jonny mate great cash and even better roi
  • edited January 2014
    Teensy cash for me in the cheapie deepie last night. well done Daiw, Geldy, Kev and Jonny nice cashes.

FlyingDagg015£2.14
  • edited January 2014
    Welcome to the team mattprawn have sent you a pm.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks very much for the message.  Much appreciated.

Looking forward to a crack at the main event tonight.  Will try and last beyond the first break, unlike yesterday.

Matt

Welcome to the team mattprawn have sent you a pm.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks very much for the message.  Much appreciated. Looking forward to a crack at the main event tonight.  Will try and last beyond the first break, unlike yesterday. Matt In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes :
    Posted by mattprawn

Welcome to the team mate hope you continue to do well.. your stats are pretty sick wp sir !