You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Thanks for that.  Sadly stats are based on a pretty small number of MTTs.  Hopefully catch up with a few of you tonight.

In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Welcome to the team mate hope you continue to do well.. your stats are pretty sick wp sir !
    Posted by K8LOU
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks for that.  Sadly stats are based on a pretty small number of MTTs.  Hopefully catch up with a few of you tonight. In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes :
    Posted by mattprawn

Yeh I need a bigger sample size on this site to judge the improvements I have made too, yeh hopefully see on around tnite ! gl sir 

• edited January 2014
    disappointed did not get more. did not have the cards at the right time 55pound bounty hunter 9pm eight1993 227620   £168.75 Head Prizes 8 £81.25 williwont 143127   £263.63 Head Prizes 7 £112.85 AKAscotty 77253   £125.39 Head Prizes 5 £66.79 daiw 0 4 £236.60 + £86.72 Head Prizes 3
    Posted by daiw
    Still a good cash n1 mate !
  • edited January 2014
    Well this just hurt...... alot

Hand History #733965834 (21:45 17/01/2014)
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    dojydav1 Small blind 75.00 75.00 6887.50
    ZOED Big blind 150.00 225.00 10760.00
      Your hole cards
    K
    K

harpouk1 Fold
    MASHU Fold
    CATCH-22 Fold
    xxxxxxxxx All-in 3310.00 3535.00 0.00
    dojydav1 Fold
    ZOED Call 3160.00 6695.00 7600.00
    ZOED Show
    K
    K
    xxxxxxxxx Show
    Flop

Q

Turn

River

J

xxxxxxxxx Win Flush to the Jack 6695.00 6695.00

• edited January 2014
    well done on the cashes all.

could only find time for 10 games tonight:

played 10 hypers, won 7 lost 3

£10.5 profit

--------

5 x £3 hypers

85 x £2 turbos

20 x £2 standards

and

£24.21 to go

seems tantalizingly close now. have 2 days to hit my volume target for the week which will be a struggle.

bit of a dilema really as i need an excellent ROI to hit my profit target, but my ROI doesnt so much as dip as surrender in long sessions. however without the volume even a MEGA roi won't get me there. have little time tomorrow, so a sunday slog is in order!

i really enjoy the games though so slog isnt the word. remember posting when after my first month i was about £20 down in hypers that i would happlily tip up £20 a month just for the enjoyment of the games. that still stands. enjoyed the challenge so far too, even if it has coincided with another flatline on my graph.

super sunday awaits...
  • edited January 2014
    Small cash in the Mega. Great rail again.

FlyingDagg0 18 £10.05
  • edited January 2014
    been a while £25 g
    hahahhaha930001£21.50
    martinst1002£12.90
  • edited January 2014

5th in mega for £50.

Excellent rail as ever peeps.
  • edited January 2014
    WD guys nice cashes.Nice to see you cashing well trev and 1 from an all in.You will get there teddy i have no doubt.Nice cash there chubbers.That £16.42 is that the value of the man utd squad nowdays lol.WD dale and pomm in mega great stuff guys.Can't wait for that joke dale.WD trem and hahaha nice win guys.Very unlucky there zoe.He was jamming to steal the blinds with 72 and he had 20 bbs?I am sure it hurt.Still meeting this player everyday would be nice for your br i'm sure.

• edited January 2014
    56th in the mini bh last night £6.90 7hp £15.60 gl all today
  • edited January 2014
    Nice cashes all.

Min cash from last nights Orfy

Gl at the tables.

I have been neglecting railing duties or chatting at the tables etc.. this month. This is because I am multi tabling for the PS4 promo. Next month I will be back to railing and chatting. Just explaining so ppl didn't think I was being ignorant or anything.
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    Good afternoon TPTers. Following on from a thread I posted in the poker chat section (link below) and Dale mentioning posting it here. Is this something that any of you would be interested in doing? https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a941931a4-c759-4725-a1a4-005eaa7c1de5&plckCurrentPage=0 Cheers
    Posted by dabossman

i think its a great idea, and would really like if people posted about my play after a session aswell, my advice is limited to give but know there is a lot of room if it was coming towards me lol,

im trying a few diffrent game types all the time seeing where i feel i could miby have more consistancy in profit, i have a very small br and dont know which type too stick with.

i enjoy the game very much and taking and it more serious,  so somethig like this i find would benifit me alot.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : really difficult to explain succinctly, but here goes. NASH describes optimal - ie inexploitable - play. your opponent can do no better than play NASH against you when you adopt it. optimal and exploitable are strange terms so look at this game: we are HU with 10bb. the SB can only SHOVE or FOLD. the BB can only CALL or FOLD in response. --- the SB decides to push pocket pairs and KQ and AK the BB can exploit that by calling only 99+ the SB can then exploit that tight calling range by bluffing a TONNE the BB will then be incentivised to exploit all that junk by calling lighter. now these exploitative iterations can continue back and forth but summat special happens when the SB adopts the following shoving range: 22+,A2+,K2+,Q2s+,Q8o+,J3s+,J8o+,T4s+,T8o+,95s+,97o+,84s+,87o,74s+,76o,64s+,53s+  57% of hands. now all the BB can do is call with the following range: 22+,A2+,K2s+,K5o+,Q7s+,Q9o+,J8s+,JTo,T9s - 37% of hands if the BB calls tighter or lighter he loses in EV however the SBs best response to the new calling range is to continue to shove 57% of hands. both players are stuck in a situatuion where they will only do worse by changing strategy. this is the fabled equlibrium of poker. ------- NASH SHOVE/FOLD charts, then are charts that give you a range of hands for every stack depth that when shoved mean that your opponent can do no better against that range than call the corresponding NASH CALL / FOLD range: if you play NASH no opponent, no matter how godlike, can exploit you. ------- caveat time! this does not guarentee you will win. NASH is inexploitable at ALL stack depths, but it is a -EV proposition for the small blind deeper than 6bbs. if you shove NASH at 15bb and your oppo calls NASH then they will have a small edge. if they dont call NASH then that edge will lessen and may even dissappear. NASH also assumes that SHOVE or FOLD are your only options. in reality you can raise or limp. for example even limping AA is likely to do much better than shoving at most stack depths. --------- when should you use NASH: NASH becomes +EV for the SB around 6bbs. if you SHOVE nash at these depths no strategy can be adopted by your opponent to beat you long term. it is a great default option against oppos who are better than you, or whose strategy and tendencies you cannot work our how to beat. adopt NASH around 10-12bb v these players andthey can ONLY do as well as adopting NASH v you. you CANNOT be exploited no matter how phil ivey-like they are. ---------- dont auto call NASH, NASH calls for some light calls: T9s at 11bb Q4s at 9bb T9o at  8bb 85s at 5bb if you think your oppo is never shoving as light as NASH then you can do better by tighening up you calling note that if you think that your oppopent is never calling Q4s at 9bb or 85s at 5bb then you can jam WIDER than NASH even 100% v some people. ive seen people fold from a 1.5bb stack!!! if you think your opponent is shoving NASH or wider then adopt the NASH calling range, you will win long term deeper than 6bb. ------- summary shove NASH 6bb  and below. as stacks approach 6bb from around 13bb so your strat should start to appoximate NASH more. use it 8-12bb against opponents that are beating you / you cant work out how to beat [you will be impossible to exploit doing this] NASH is a small losing proposition for the SB deeper than 6bb and it gets worse the deeper you go. only call NASH against people shoving wide. ----- google the charts. they are hard to get to grips with. pocket pairs appear diagonally, unsuited hands below the diagonal on the left; suited hands above the diagonal on the right. the numbers in the boxes represent the maximum stack depth that the hand appears in the NASH range. any questions ill be happy to help with
    Posted by TeddyBloat

thanks for explaining that lol, it is much appreciated,

will need too search and look into it,  

heads up isn't normally attracted me, but having some success in the games i have played i have found them more and more enjoyable. and starting too take them a little more seriously.

thanks for taking the time too help me out in this topic
  • edited January 2014
    won the 3pm 500 bh bounty hunter :)

Kerrnal3160001£107.64 + £67.97 Head Prizes14
  • edited January 2014
    this really is it for the month. not playing the primo, took the entries as cash. gl everyone

last night's main 22/394
    GELDY022£40.19 + £47.81 Head Prizes3
    £500 2/40
    GELDY02£88 + £35.62 Head Prizes4 
    daiw03£60 + £28.21 Head Prizes2
    Primo early semi
    ZOED105203£10,000 Primo
    LUCKYP99904£10,000 Primo
    GELDY71005£10,000 Primo =£55
    Primo Direct
    GELDY441901£10,000 Primo = £55

• edited January 2014
    7,15 deep stack 18th jan 1st cash in ages
    WHEELS716107£14.11mijola3708£11.17
  • edited January 2014
    Hi all - hope you're all running golden tonight.

Thanks all for the rail last night in the £55 BH game.  Only managed 7th in the end but cashed for approx £270 for heads and place (not sure of the split as can't get game up in lobby).

Played like a newbie tonight in both the Primo and the £55 BH game - but at least I satted in for them both so not too much down.

Also won an all in sat for £2.80 for the UKPT semi game.  Many thanks again to all for the fab rail as usual - happy to say I've managed to get a seat for tomorrow nights final game - so will be keeping fingers and toes crossed lol.

Good luck in all your games tonight and tomorrow xxx
  • edited January 2014
    Nice cashes

Cash from me in the Primo. Thanks for the rail dim

waller02015£125
    Gl at the tables all
  • edited January 2014
    evening all

Only played the one game tonight the mini, managed a cash as well

chubbers021£13.99
    So a nice little profit. Great rail again. thanks all.
  • edited January 2014
    WD all great cashes guys.Little one from deepy.Massive thanks for the rail team.jjjach011£6.03 
  • edited January 2014
    wd all on ya cashes,cashed in the £11 3k b/h.ty for the rail jj always there for the surport cheers m8.i don't like b/h aswell :)

steelrod07£72.80 + £33.15 Head Prizes4 
    gl on the tables all

• edited January 2014
    WD steel nice cash.Well worth playing a bh now and again.They can be frustrating.Then again they can be profitable to.
  • edited January 2014
    morning all finished 29th in mini primo for £13.99 and 10th in 6o clockbh for around 7 quid in all result not up yet dale sorry
  • edited January 2014
    thanks for the rail tpt players means a lot
    9pm bounty hunter
    daiw4560001£796.58 + £305.18 Head Prizes8 
    oodaman02£485.93 + £184.31 Head Prizes6 
    badboy-pj03£299.25 + £184.13 Head Prizes5 
    JEFFY6904£240.82 + £159.40 Head Prizes5
  • edited January 2014
    well failed on my little £60 challenge

today has been lolbad

did type out a bit of a sly whining post detailing bad luck, beats and players.

bit boring that innit.

will just say i'm in the pits of some horrendous run bad this last week. never really encoutered an extended spell of it before. aint fun.

• edited January 2014
    bit remiss of me ty for the rail last night geldy chubbers zoed and of course jj
  • edited January 2014
    ftd  the £400 gtd 3rd place for £66 yes jj you can say it lol
  • edited January 2014
    Nice cashes all and nice win daiw!

Just finished 11th in the PS4 freeroll. Got the chips in blind v blind, AJ<AQ for a pot that would have put me 2/10......so near yet so far!!! haha
    waller02011£6.25
    Oh well, it was a laugh anyway. Gl at the tables all
  • edited January 2014
    WD waller nice cashes.WD daiw a bad night worked out ok for you.VWP daiw and richly deserved.Ul teddy that you didn't reach your goal.There is always next month.Good luck teddy.WD rich jonny.You are playing great and getting the rewards you deserve.Gl at the tables guys.