You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited March 2014
    What's the password guys?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    What's the password guys?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    slowdive
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : slowdive
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks, I'm in now.
  • edited March 2014
    Trevor can you add pdavo100 to the team list. Had a nice chat tonight and he wishes to join the team.
  • edited March 2014
    Trevor can you add pdavo100 to the team list. Had a nice chat tonight and he wishes to join the team.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    DONE

Welcome to the Team - pdavo100
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all,   I’ve been going over a situation a bit in my head that happened around 2 weeks ago and thought I’d share it with you to get some feedback, if that’s ok.   I was in a deep stack tournament and the blinds were 40/80. There were two players on the table that were playing very loose and shipping chips but got lucky a few times and were around 5K in chips each. I was sitting on around 7.5K.   I am UTG and these two are in small and big blind positions. I get KQ of clubs and flat call the 80. It folds around to the small blind that calls and the big blind min raises to 160, both myself and small blind call. I have made the flat call on both occasions as these pair between them have been min raising all over the place and play was erratic. I want to see a flop.    Flop comes Kh Jc 2c. Small blind checks, big blind bets 240. Now i flat call the 240 as i have top pair and a flush draw. They have been playing all types of hands but at this point I’m confident in just a call hoping small blind will call or fold and I can hit again on turn. Small blind folds.   Turn comes 10h. I now have open ended straight draw, flush draw and top pair. Big blind checks so I bet 480 and he goes all in. He’s got around 4K behind him with 1.5K in pot. It’s his tournament life on the stake as i have him covered. I call him and he shows AK off!   River comes and its the 3c. I hit my flush and win the pot.   Now what happened next was  some extreme abuse about my play, how i shouldn’t be playing, my mother should have swallowed etc etc. I can deal with the abuse it really doesn’t bother me, it’s quite funny. He actually followed me about for most of the day in STT’s too!   My issue is that I’m just finding my feet again the past month or so after a lengthy period of absence in poker and wonder if I’ve actually done anything wrong and you guys can pick me apart?   Sorry for the huge post. J
    Posted by mickzilla
    Hey Mick, he's put you in a stinker of a spot here.

We have a decent made hand and a very good combo draw, but there's only 1 card to come and the range of made value hands he's representing will be in pretty good shape against us.

Apart from the limp pre, I think you've played it fine so far. And with a decent made hand, as well as a very strong draw 2 ways, both to pretty much the nuts verses a volatile opponent, I can't blame you for calling it off on the turn.

Certainly not terrible, it may be close to a fold, or even a fold, but even if it is it's not a glaring error or anything, certainly not worthy of prolonged chat abuse! lol

It was probably the last of his bankroll or something so he couldn't let it go.

I like a raise pre though, when we're playing so deepstacked, we want to start building pots. If we have to fold to heavy action behind, that's no big deal at this stage.
  • edited March 2014
    Matt23703£12 + £6.10 Head Prizes

Team TPT tourney. Really good fun. 2 exit hands played themselves and was miles ahead in both :-(
  • edited March 2014
    5th in tpt game tonight for £11.71

Great tourny, Great team, Great rail

Also WD Kev on winning the last longer we had (luckbox :) ) wd mate

GL Daz
  • edited March 2014
    ran deep in a few but no cashes

kopite currently #3 in mini, flashjonny still in as well
  • edited March 2014
    Finished 2nd in the TPT game tonight for £25

Like Daz said above great game and great rail

You were vul not to win our last longer mate as you know i hit the river 3 times before you went out for my tournie life also vul matt aswell cos i got lucky v you.

Also Trev if you read this do you reg me for the BH tomorrow night or do i have to ring cs and let them know to put me in ?  Thanks again for that btw

Good luck at the tables all

Kev
  • edited March 2014
    Yay, i won the speed rebuy again!
    ZOED4900001£112.36
    Mega Stack
    ZOED09£15.44
    I also finished 4th in the 1:30 BH for around £30 and 11th in the 12:30 for £5 but i can't find the lobby

Thanks for the fantastic rail. 
    Some great results again tonight. Well done everyone xx
  • edited March 2014
    Nice cashes all.

Wp in the HU games Larson, hope you go all the way now.

Cash from me in the Megastack
    waller0204£41.80
    Fell for the old limp re-raise with AA but I had QQ and 10 bigs left so had to go with it........I think.

Cheers for the rail Matt, Geldy, Trev and Zoe (who also cashed).

Gl to kopite who is still going well in the mini........goodnight
  • edited March 2014
    Yay, i won the speed rebuy again! ZOED 490000 1 £112.36 Mega Stack ZOED 0 9 £15.44 I also finished 4th in the 1:30 BH for around £30 and 11th in the 12:30 for £5 but i can't find the lobby Thanks for the fantastic rail.  Some great results again tonight. Well done everyone xx
    Posted by ZOED
    Incredible again, zoed.

You are the official BOSS of that rebuy.

Officially in awe. WP
  • edited March 2014
    Full result from the TPT game. Our biggest field yet I believe well done to all who cashed especially tomgoodun who only got an invite cos we were sat at the same table in the deepstack earlier :)
    tomgoodun1600001£32 + £36.01 Head Prizes10 
    Diminuendo02£20 + £3.76 Head Prizes2 
    Matt23703£12 + £6.10 Head Prizes3 
    DoubleAAA04£8.80 + £2.81 Head Prizes1 
    _ARAZI_05£7.20 + £4.57 Head Prizes2 
    BOZZMAN06£3.76 Head Prizes2 
    FLASHJONNY07 0 
    chew0708£4.68 Head Prizes2 
    Boxster09 0 
    Craigy77010£3.27 Head Prizes1 
    kopite1984011£1.88 Head Prizes1 
    Chris_Mc012 0 
    steelrod013£3.76 Head Prizes2 
    bracewell1014£1.88 Head Prizes1 
    MAXALLY015£1.88 Head Prizes1 
    ZOED016 0 
    KEITH1960017 0 
    k8cyke018£5.64 Head Prizes3 
    jjjach019 0 
    aiken2001020 0 
    fire23021 0 
    dangerdai022 0 
    GBUK023 0 
    FlyingDagg024 0 
    waller02025 0 
    IrishRose026 0 
    GELDY027 0 
    bornablade028 0 
    POKERTREV029 0 
    TREMAYNE030 0 
    WHEELS7161031 0 
    Andy_Horns032 0 
  • edited March 2014

right got to get this off me chest once again humblest apologies to chew 07 for my outburst last night silly old get that 1 am 1 day 1 will get to grips with this computer speak lol I had to ask chris mc what lmao was and I even spelt that wrong I had to ask trev what pmsl was too anyway chew pm me I will explain the reasons behind it and at least every1 on the table had a good laugh at my expense lo gl all tonight

• edited March 2014
    right got to get this off me chest once again humblest apologies to chew 07 for my outburst last night silly old get that 1 am 1 day 1 will get to grips with this computer speak lol I had to ask chris mc what lmao was and I even spelt that wrong I had to ask trev what pmsl was too anyway chew pm me I will explain the reasons behind it and at least every1 on the table had a good laugh at my expense lo gl all tonight
    Posted by FLASHJONNY

Lol it was funny tho. 

An easy mistake too make if your where unsure it could easily.bee seen they way you did.
    im sure theres n9 hard feelings from chew once you said what u thought it was :)
  • edited March 2014
    Why am I not surprised with this terrible site? this lad as well hit two straights previously calling with 86 and 42...

skypoker is a shocking site!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bracewell1 Small blind  25.00 25.00 2282.50
    StrPker Big blind  50.00 75.00 1230.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

pitspot Call  50.00 125.00 3675.00
    pokachu Fold     
    springer23 Fold     
    bracewell1 Raise  225.00 350.00 2057.50
    StrPker Call  200.00 550.00 1030.00
    pitspot Call  200.00 750.00 3475.00
    Flop

• K
    • K

bracewell1 Check     
    StrPker Check     
    pitspot Check     
    Turn

bracewell1 Bet  300.00 1050.00 1757.50
    StrPker All-in  1030.00 2080.00 0.00
    pitspot Call  1030.00 3110.00 2445.00
    bracewell1 All-in  1757.50 4867.50 0.00
    pitspot Call  1027.50 5895.00 1417.50
    bracewell1 Show
    • A
    • K

StrPker Show
    • A

pitspot Show
    • K

River

pitspot Win Full House, Kings and 2s 5895.00
  • edited March 2014
    Its not the site it you opo calling with k2 and getting lucky.
    in the long run he will lose most of these calls and you will win
    have u ever been on the other side of this...
    im sure most players have but dont post those hands where they get lucky. 
    Its not the site you where just unlucky that he seen a flop calling your raise and your not putting him on k2.

• edited March 2014
    Hi Guys I have nominated........   Diminuendo for Bounty Hunter Main - Free Entry & dangerdai for Bounty Hunter mini - Free Entry Thursday 6th March Best of luck guys.
    Posted by POKERTREV

Hi trev, will we automatically be put in these or do we have to do something else??
    Some great cashes from the team well done all, ive been running quiet poorly for the last week hope my luck improves tonight, my megastack exit last night was just typical of the way I have been running lately, managed to get all in with jj vs a2 o/s he hits 2 on flop and then another on river for set of 2 :-( 
    .. gl at the tables team..
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Incredible again, zoed. You are the official BOSS of that rebuy. Officially in awe. WP
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Thank You Teddy, I love this!  I did get lucky a few times heads up :-/ xxx
  • edited March 2014
    Its not the site it you opo calling with k2 and getting lucky. in the long run he will lose most of these calls and you will win have u ever been on the other side of this... im sure most players have but dont post those hands where they get lucky.  Its not the site you where just unlucky that he seen a flop calling your raise and your not putting him on k2.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Fair enough I understand, actually up a decent amount on the site to so I cant really complain, just frustration seems to get the better of me at times and I prefer to vent in on here the the actual chatbox, more and more this seems to be happening on this site though and to me the standard of play has dramtically dropped. This is to in terms to of seeing many players even on the bigger buy-ins you get at least one of these players. The big raise to was because i new i was getting called, even if i shoved there I know he was calling, he had no idea how to play. My biggest moan though is about seeing more and more of these people on every table i play on.

And in all honestly mate to Ive never limped called a raise out of postion in my life with k2, Im I in the minority here when i feel this is absolute shocking play? 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi trev, will we automatically be put in these or do we have to do something else?? Some great cashes from the team well done all, ive been running quiet poorly for the last week hope my luck improves tonight, my megastack exit last night was just typical of the way I have been running lately, managed to get all in with jj vs a2 o/s he hits 2 on flop and then another on river for set of 2 :-(  .. gl at the tables team..
    Posted by dangerdai
    FAO Dim and Dangerdai

Nothing to do guys Sky Poker will automatically enter you into the tourneys.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : FAO Dim and Dangerdai Nothing to do guys Sky Poker will automatically enter you into the tourneys.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Great thanks Dagg... good luck at the tables all.... 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Fair enough I understand, actually up a decent amount on the site to so I cant really complain, just frustration seems to get the better of me at times and I prefer to vent in on here the the actual chatbox, more and more this seems to be happening on this site though and to me the standard of play has dramtically dropped. This is to in terms to of seeing many players even on the bigger buy-ins you get at least one of these players. The big raise to was because i new i was getting called, even if i shoved there I know he was calling, he had no idea how to play. My biggest moan though is about seeing more and more of these people on every table i play on. And in all honestly mate to Ive never limped called a raise out of postion in my life with k2, Im I in the minority here when i feel this is absolute shocking play? 
    Posted by bracewell1
    Your not the only one on both counts. I wouldn't dream of calling a raise with that hand unless the circumstances demanded it. Why do they do it? I'm sure some of it is sheer ignorance about odds and chances. They see 2 cards the same as you and think well we both have 2 cards so chances are even, not understanding the mathematics. They hit the hand and that is their justification for the call. I've even seen someone post on the forum saying that aces v kings is 50/50 and he couldn't be convinced otherwise.

Bear in mind it's thanks to these players that some of us have a +ROI.

PS prime example other night. I raised pre (can't remember my exact hand now) and the oppo called me with K4off and did half his stack. My only comment was " K4 really?" He saw absolutley nothing wrong with the call. This was not a novice either.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Fair enough I understand, actually up a decent amount on the site to so I cant really complain, just frustration seems to get the better of me at times and I prefer to vent in on here the the actual chatbox, more and more this seems to be happening on this site though and to me the standard of play has dramtically dropped. This is to in terms to of seeing many players even on the bigger buy-ins you get at least one of these players. The big raise to was because i new i was getting called, even if i shoved there I know he was calling, he had no idea how to play. My biggest moan though is about seeing more and more of these people on every table i play on. And in all honestly mate to Ive never limped called a raise out of postion in my life with k2, Im I in the minority here when i feel this is absolute shocking play? 
    Posted by bracewell1
    Crickey, you weren't lying.

Very impressive stats!

You wouldn't have stats that good if these players weren't on the site, none of us would.

The big winners wud win less, the break even players would lose, the moderate losers would be bigger losers without these types players making these types of calls.

I can guarantee the standard on this site has improved dramatically over the last few years, as it has done every site.

The trend in your graph reflects this, it's no co-incidence.

Sharkscope someone like nutter5932.

Probably 'the' biggest sng winner on the site since it started, and look how his graph evens out as the years go by.

When we occasionally run into these loose players and see some 'crazy' plays, it's just because they're new and don't understand.

Can't play with em at times, but certainly poker can't survive without em. There would be no online poker without losing players.

Well done for biting your tongue (sitting on your hands) when it happened though, although it's tempting, venting frustration towards players who make the game what it is, is not good!

congrats on the stats again, I'm sure your next win isn't too far away.
  • edited March 2014

Should have probably read and +1'd Daggs post before replying myself! wud've saved a lot of time. haha. sorry.

+1 FD!

• edited March 2014
    i was called a fish today for calling a small pf raise with AT on the button
    everyone has their own ideas of what is correct play
    we just need to learn how to beat them over time
    and take the knocks as they happen

• edited March 2014
    just seen this

i didn't like my play but having decided i didn't know where i was i'm pleased i got away from it
    its a sat - not a BH
    PS j & myself eventually took 2 of the 3 seats into tonight's main
    macmonster would have had the 3rd if he hadn't been rivered by a dominated A2
    k only lasted another 10mins before spewing away all his ill-begotten gains

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    jSmall blind   30.00 30.00 2480.00
    GELDY Big blind   60.00 90.00 3745.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

n Raise   120.00 210.00 1685.00
    s Fold        
    k Call   120.00 330.00 1800.00
    j Raise   270.00 600.00 2210.00
    GELDY Call   240.00 840.00 3505.00
    n Call   180.00 1020.00 1505.00
    k Raise   360.00 1380.00 1440.00
    j Call   180.00 1560.00 2030.00
    GELDY Call   180.00 1740.00 3325.00
    n All-in   1505.00 3245.00 0.00
    k All-in   1440.00 4685.00 0.00
    j All-in   2030.00 6715.00 0.00
    GELDY Fold        
    j Unmatched bet   590.00 6125.00 590.00
    j Show
    • A

n Show
    • K

k Show

Flop

Turn

River

k Win Three 6s 6125.00 
  • edited March 2014
    Welcome to the team pdavo100.WD on all your cashes guys.Gl at the tabbles guys.
  • edited March 2014
    HI teeeeeeeaaaam!!!!!

so my next step on my diary is going too have a cash session. 2x4nl i know not much for all you charecters but a baby step for me.

Now last night i was  moved too arazi's table with others and got talking about cash, and as i was typing what i want too do and achieve and listing what i feel...... i had moved tables again and hadn't relised. steelrod had too point it out lol

so for the cash players any advice will be appreciated, ive posted onmy diary aswell with my plans.
    welcome to the team pdavo, now give me advice is your first mission! :)

gl at the tables all :)