You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Welcome to the team all the new members xx

21:45 speed rebuy
    1st £124.66
    18:30 rebuy
    ZOED011£9.25
    some nice cashes, well done everyone xx

• edited March 2014
    Bubble boy in the £250 B/H 

My pocket 10s ran into QQ pre flop. 

We move on to another day. 

Well done to all cashes this evening and throughout the day. Good luck for tomorrow all TPTers. 

• edited March 2014
    Congrats on the cashes guys n gals!  Nice bink tonight Zoe!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I think there's a guy on another forum, that I think you're aware of, who has this superpower. Doesn't play a lot of tourneys. A week last Sunday he won over $100,000 and then this Sunday won $110,000 in the 8mil guarantee on another site. Reasonable time to run good! What would people do after that? Stop playing? Pay off a house? Play bigger tourneys? Retire? Be nice to be in the position to be able to choose.
    Posted by Jac35
    Buy a couple of houses from auction. Have my old man to do them up use rest for bankroll
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I think there's a guy on another forum, that I think you're aware of, who has this superpower. Doesn't play a lot of tourneys. A week last Sunday he won over $100,000 and then this Sunday won $110,000 in the 8mil guarantee on another site. Reasonable time to run good! What would people do after that? Stop playing? Pay off a house? Play bigger tourneys? Retire? Be nice to be in the position to be able to choose.
    Posted by Jac35
    Buy a couple of houses from auction. Have my old man to do them up use rest for bankroll
  • edited March 2014
    Nice game in the £4k bh, trying to follow up last nights ft, but messed up.  still, some nice heads and enjoyed sitting next to k8cyke for an hour or two (apart from having my blinds stolen!). mattprawn 0 17 £114.84 Head Prizes 5   Cheers all Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Well done m8 gd effort keep it up
  • edited March 2014
        Ugh  Finished 20th in the £4k :( 15 bigs ran AQspades into KK and AK.... #cooler!
    Posted by k8cyke
    Not far from money m8 well played
  • edited March 2014
    amount on ppl who want me to die on this site unreal lol
  • edited March 2014
    WD guys on all your cashes.Dai it really looks like bad players don't like good players when they say those kind of things.I mean you should see the nasty things diminuendo says about me lol.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited March 2014
    WD guys on all your cashes.Dai it really looks like bad players don't like good players when they say those kind of things.I mean you should see the nasty things diminuendo says about me lol.Gl at the tables guys.
    Posted by jjjach
    :-)))) Either that or he fancys you JJ ;) x
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hey mate, sorry to hear you had a bad night.  Tomorrow will be a lot better, with a trip to God's own county.  Enjoy!
    Posted by mattprawn
    Haha cheers mate, Spent about an hour driving around Leeds City centre, didn't realise how posh it was!
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by jjjach
    Idiots m8 one said about my mother as she passed away I wernt impressed and reported him to sky and told them I want him off the site
  • edited March 2014
    playing my second game and I got tht idiot next to me but I just took most of his chips off him he not impressed lol
  • edited March 2014
    Playing against other players "Player Notes"

Is it possible to play our game differently to effectively increase our +ev depending on what you think players at your table have in their player notes about you?

For instance......If I think another player or reg may have notes on me that suggest i'm really tight and only play Big Pocket pairs or maybe he thinks I only 3 bet holding sets etc. Is it even possible to use this to our advantage effectively or is it a risky strategy?

Its one of those "I know he knows" type of scenarios

But could we potentially steel more pots or are we risking getting our fingers caught in the jar, thus changing our oppos notes on us which could potentially have a -ev impact for quite some time?

Thoughts?     
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Idiots m8 one said about my mother as she passed away I wernt impressed and reported him to sky and told them I want him off the site
    Posted by daiw
    Dai i have reported 3 people to customer care.Customer care were very apologetic and took my complaints seriously.Thankfully all the players have since left.If i could write what was said by these men,and i use the word men very loosely,i'd get banned.
    Dai i hope you don't think i was making light of the situation.If so i apologise.It wasn't intended.
  • edited March 2014
    Playing against other players "Player Notes" Is it possible to play our game differently to effectively increase our +ev depending on what you think players at your table have in their player notes about you? For instance......If I think another player or reg may have notes on me that suggest i'm really tight and only play Big Pocket pairs or maybe he thinks I only 3 bet holding sets etc. Is it even possible to use this to our advantage effectively or is it a risky strategy? Its one of those "I know he knows" type of scenarios But could we potentially steel more pots or are we risking getting our fingers caught in the jar, thus changing our oppos notes on us which could potentially have a -ev impact for quite some time? Thoughts?     
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi trev thought i'd put me 2p worth in before the guys who really know.I believe we must use our image at the table to the full.Take me for instance.You probably have the same notes of me as everyone else has.Although the swear words maybe different lol.I then have to look at my opponenets and see if i can use my image to steal a pot or two.Not only have they the notes of me as nit,but my notes must tell me whether they are good enough to lay down a hand and/or see the hand/hands i can be representing.Getting caught bluffing...well we all get caught.Sometimes it is good to get caught.Gives 2 things away 1 he has the bxxxs and has it in his locker which may change their opinion about you and u can use that maybe to play tight again and 2 your'e showing them you're not good at bluffing and a simple think i'll try to stay as a nit i can't do this could help.

• edited March 2014
    Playing against other players "Player Notes" Is it possible to play our game differently to effectively increase our +ev depending on what you think players at your table have in their player notes about you? For instance......If I think another player or reg may have notes on me that suggest i'm really tight and only play Big Pocket pairs or maybe he thinks I only 3 bet holding sets etc. Is it even possible to use this to our advantage effectively or is it a risky strategy? Its one of those "I know he knows" type of scenarios But could we potentially steel more pots or are we risking getting our fingers caught in the jar, thus changing our oppos notes on us which could potentially have a -ev impact for quite some time? Thoughts?     
    Posted by POKERTREV

You should always be using things like this to your advantange mate and when you do get caught with your hand in the jar just switch back to default.

Notes on players are one of the most important things in online poker because 99% of them play hands the following day the same as they did the previous day and if you become one of the 1% that dosnt do this it then makes you a nightmare to play against.

Im not saying that you do this time and time again and would suggest that a good tight/agg game will see you through fine but make sure from time to time that you mix it up a bit because a predictable player is an easy player to beat.

GL

Daz.
  • edited March 2014

Hi all,

I’ve been going over a situation a bit in my head that happened around 2 weeks ago and thought I’d share it with you to get some feedback, if that’s ok.

I was in a deep stack tournament and the blinds were 40/80. There were two players on the table that were playing very loose and shipping chips but got lucky a few times and were around 5K in chips each. I was sitting on around 7.5K.

I am UTG and these two are in small and big blind positions. I get KQ of clubs and flat call the 80. It folds around to the small blind that calls and the big blind min raises to 160, both myself and small blind call. I have made the flat call on both occasions as these pair between them have been min raising all over the place and play was erratic. I want to see a flop.

Flop comes Kh Jc 2c. Small blind checks, big blind bets 240. Now i flat call the 240 as i have top pair and a flush draw. They have been playing all types of hands but at this point I’m confident in just a call hoping small blind will call or fold and I can hit again on turn. Small blind folds.

Turn comes 10h. I now have open ended straight draw, flush draw and top pair. Big blind checks so I bet 480 and he goes all in. He’s got around 4K behind him with 1.5K in pot. It’s his tournament life on the stake as i have him covered. I call him and he shows AK off!

River comes and its the 3c. I hit my flush and win the pot.

Now what happened next was  some extreme abuse about my play, how i shouldn’t be playing, my mother should have swallowed etc etc. I can deal with the abuse it really doesn’t bother me, it’s quite funny. He actually followed me about for most of the day in STT’s too!

My issue is that I’m just finding my feet again the past month or so after a lengthy period of absence in poker and wonder if I’ve actually done anything wrong and you guys can pick me apart?

Sorry for the huge post. J

• edited March 2014
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I think its important to change you game now and then!!
    some of the top reg players play the same and I feel comfortable at the table with them cos I know lot of the time what they betting with. I made a call other day from big bet at river with ace high but I knew it was probally good. but if any other player played it that way I would of folded instantly. if you want to change you game so you don't wanna be easily read just three bet more than just call stuff like that I think long term it will help out alot
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Dai i have reported 3 people to customer care.Customer care were very apologetic and took my complaints seriously.Thankfully all the players have since left.If i could write what was said by these men,and i use the word men very loosely,i'd get banned. Dai i hope you don't think i was making light of the situation.If so i apologise.It wasn't intended.
    Posted by jjjach
    nice 1 m8 im glad we dnt need people like that on here!!
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all,   I’ve been going over a situation a bit in my head that happened around 2 weeks ago and thought I’d share it with you to get some feedback, if that’s ok.   I was in a deep stack tournament and the blinds were 40/80. There were two players on the table that were playing very loose and shipping chips but got lucky a few times and were around 5K in chips each. I was sitting on around 7.5K.   I am UTG and these two are in small and big blind positions. I get KQ of clubs and flat call the 80. It folds around to the small blind that calls and the big blind min raises to 160, both myself and small blind call. I have made the flat call on both occasions as these pair between them have been min raising all over the place and play was erratic. I want to see a flop.    Flop comes Kh Jc 2c. Small blind checks, big blind bets 240. Now i flat call the 240 as i have top pair and a flush draw. They have been playing all types of hands but at this point I’m confident in just a call hoping small blind will call or fold and I can hit again on turn. Small blind folds.   Turn comes 10h. I now have open ended straight draw, flush draw and top pair. Big blind checks so I bet 480 and he goes all in. He’s got around 4K behind him with 1.5K in pot. It’s his tournament life on the stake as i have him covered. I call him and he shows AK off!   River comes and its the 3c. I hit my flush and win the pot.   Now what happened next was  some extreme abuse about my play, how i shouldn’t be playing, my mother should have swallowed etc etc. I can deal with the abuse it really doesn’t bother me, it’s quite funny. He actually followed me about for most of the day in STT’s too!   My issue is that I’m just finding my feet again the past month or so after a lengthy period of absence in poker and wonder if I’ve actually done anything wrong and you guys can pick me apart?   Sorry for the huge post. J
    Posted by mickzilla

Think the only thing you've done wrong is not raise pre-flop. Not the best for advice though.

Don't worry, i got abused for shoving 10s blind on blind and the guy called with 2 6 off and knocked me out of main. Had 15 or so BBs aswell so not exactly short
  • edited March 2014

I think my brother will be joining us in the team game,

craigy77 he sometimes doesn't have chat on, if you speak too him.

• edited March 2014
    Good luck at tables tonight guys, look forward to the tpt game :-)
  • edited March 2014
    wots the password 4 tonights game please.ta
  • edited March 2014
    one for the captains.

I have asked my brother too join tonight but was going too try my luck and ask mr orford too the game, he gave my seat in last nights main event and would be good too have a presenter join us. but I am not going too do this unless it is ok'ed by the team

thank. gl
  • edited March 2014
    wots the password 4 tonights game please.ta
    Posted by BOZZMAN
    Hi

Just sent you a pm of the password so check your inbox :)

Glad to see TPTers are running so well at the moment.  Sorry I've missed welcoming all the newbies - been playing a lot on ipad and find it difficult to type on it.

Hope all of you continue to run golden - and hope to meet a few of you on some tables (please note:  no blind stealing of my chips is allowed!!!)
  • edited March 2014
    I'd happily have Mr Orford play, Im not discriminative, I will take anyones bounty lol
  • edited March 2014
    get Orford in Chris, will be a laugh
  • edited March 2014
    one for the captains. I have asked my brother too join tonight but was going too try my luck and ask mr orford too the game, he gave my seat in last nights main event and would be good too have a presenter join us. but I am not going too do this unless it is ok'ed by the team thank. gl
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Would be nice but from past experience while some presenters are happy to get involved in open games they re more reluctant to get involved in team events in case it shows bias which is fair enough.
  • edited March 2014
    gl all on the tables,welcome to the team dohhhhhh,mickzilla

gl in the tpt game all