You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Cashed in DTD 3

FlyingDagg0 10 £7.17
  • edited September 2014
    WD jeff nice win and cash.WD dale nice cash,You played really well.Great to see you back cashing again.
    By the way guys i was part of the Citizens Team that won the premier promotion last week.I got my share of money. £50 in my account when i signed in tonight.Best thing sky has done since survivor.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    WD jeff nice win and cash.WD dale nice cash,You played really well.Great to see you back cashing again. By the way guys i was part of the Citizens Team that won the premier promotion last week.I got my share of money. £50 in my account when i signed in tonight.Best thing sky has done since survivor.
    Posted by jjjach

Wd everyone, last night and previous evenings, what a fantastic turn out for the DTD games........

Nice prize in The Premiership JJJ........has anyone else not cashed even ONCE in this promotion or is the RNG picking on me again.....;-))))

Please, please someone else tell me they haven't won yet....misery loves company :-)

Neil

BTW I have been a little slack posting cashes up, is there a minimum size, cos my last few have been pretty small?
  • edited September 2014
    i haven't cashed in it either neil
    but then i haven't entered it!

meanwhile a word of warning to IrishRose not to walk down any dark streets if there are any ploppers (hilo plo8 dymers) about. looks like my Rosey enhanced playing style is getting noticed. and by that i mean i have deliberately changed (in hilo) to an unconventional style of play that makes it a lot more difficult for others to know what i have, while also being more aggressive. a couple of quotes from Tikay over the last few days. if anyone fancies trying some of these games do read Tikay's thread Can an old dog learn new tricks? - packed full of tips both poker & life related.

• You may be 100% assured Gelders, I've watched your change in style these last few days with much interest & amazement, & I mean that in the nicest possible way.
    • My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw your hands a few times last night, I have to confess. It's working though, so good luck to you. I love people who challenge conventional thinking.
    • The revelation was Gelders, wow at how he has changed his game.
    • It was quite a spectacular bad beat, (or so I thought at the time) but it never bothered me a jot, & I never complained, just typed "N1 Gelders"
  • edited September 2014
    i haven't cashed in it either neil but then i haven't entered it! meanwhile a word of warning to IrishRose not to walk down any dark streets if there are any ploppers (hilo plo8 dymers) about. looks like my Rosey enhanced playing style is getting noticed. and by that i mean i have deliberately changed (in hilo) to an unconventional style of play that makes it a lot more difficult for others to know what i have, while also being more aggressive. a couple of quotes from Tikay over the last few days. if anyone fancies trying some of these games do read Tikay's thread Can an old dog learn new tricks?  - packed full of tips both poker & life related. You may be 100% assured Gelders, I've watched your change in style these last few days with much interest & amazement, & I mean that in the nicest possible way. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw your hands a few times last night, I have to confess. It's working though, so good luck to you. I love people who challenge conventional thinking. The revelation was Gelders, wow at how he has changed his game. It was quite a spectacular bad beat, (or so I thought at the time) but it never bothered me a jot, & I never complained, just typed "N1 Gelders"
    Posted by GELDY
    Lol, that doesn't help........

I have to say that PLO8 is one of my favourite games, it is great fun, and once you start to get a handle on starting hands it really is facinating, potential wrap hands and variations are amazing (what often looks like crazy play can actually be genius) I try to always play a few DYM's especially if I am playing a few MTT's, apart from anything else it makes you bulletproof to bad beats and breeds a lot of patience. I usually play £3 and £5 games, do you play £10 games Geldy?  
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Lol, that doesn't help........ I have to say that PLO8 is one of my favourite games, it is great fun, and once you start to get a handle on starting hands it really is facinating, potential wrap hands and variations are amazing (what often looks like crazy play can actually be genius) I try to always play a few DYM's especially if I am playing a few MTT's, apart from anything else it makes you bulletproof to bad beats and breeds a lot of patience. I usually play £3 and £5 games, do you play £10 games Geldy?  
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    very good for developing patience, oh yes.
    I generally only play when Tikay is playing, generally 3s, 5s & 10s, mostly 5s.
  • edited September 2014
    FLASHJONNY DOING WELL IN MINI BH 25 LEFT IF ANYONE IS ABOUT.
  • edited September 2014
    deep stack 19,15pm 23/09/14  nice cash 1st for a while
    TheEdge9493900001£45.24
    WHEELS716102£29.64
    tiltswtch03£18.33
    DELTA04£14.82
    wood4505£12.09
    DocWolfe06£10.14
    emmsiedubs07£8.58
    kate432108£7.02
    ALIVEHAT6009£5.46
    thebil123010£4.68
  • edited September 2014
    Evening all.  Hugely frustrating couple of days, won't bore you with bad beat stories, but has really been remarkable.

Consequence is that I'm seeing demons in any pot and expect to get beat even when I get it in good.  Time for a break I reckon. 

May play tomorrow though cos I like the re-buy...

Best

Matt
  • edited September 2014
    as jj alluded to I did very well in the mini bh 2nd place £187 9hp £52 .87ty for the rail jj matt 237 and special guest maxally over 540 runners to finish 2nd I am absolutely chuffed to bits and made up too lol gl all tonight 
  • edited September 2014
    Well done Flash - nice cash in the mini - didn't run well enough in it myself to cash - I also ran a straight to the J into quad 10's in the main when I ws running well, but just couldn't recover after that.

Couple of heads in the 1500 Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV12  £46.88  Head Prizes2
    Got in for 6 quid so i'll take it :)

One head in the mini - ran awful but was fun.
    POKERTREV0240 £1.88  Head Prizes1
    Run well all - see you at the tables.
  • edited September 2014
    Good luck all playing DTD tonight. I'm having a final fling tonight then an exclusion break of a week. The bad beats and river beats have demoralised me. I nominate Rose as my stand in VC :) PS I will still be playing Stars game tomorrow, if you have a Stars account try the home games that Gemma runs. We are barely getting enough runners to make it worthwhile she needs your support to carry on.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Mr Dagg Sir,
    Please enlighten me on this stars home game you mention above.
    Is this the D/S I've seen mentioned before on here?

PM me with the details and how to reg for the home game lobby.
    I used to play in a work related home game lobby, was great fun.
  • edited September 2014
    WD wheels trev and especially rich jonny great cashes guys.
    As i said matt we all have bad runs.Taking a break will be a good thing to do.It certainly helped me.When your back and winning you'll look back at this and laugh.As i said i always laugh.Then again when people watch me play poker they laugh too lol.
  • edited September 2014
    as jj alluded to I did very well in the mini bh 2nd place £187 9hp £52 .87ty for the rail jj matt 237 and special guest maxally over 540 runners to finish 2nd I am absolutely chuffed to bits and made up too lol gl all tonight 
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - fantastic result for you Jonny - really happy that you won so much xxx

I couldn't quite meet that fab sum - but I did somehow manage to win the FOSP tourney tonight for £65.  That was a fun game - hope to play it again next week as it's a nice structure (even though I usually prefer BH games).

Hope you all run golden tonight and tomorrow xxxx

Dale is on a 1 week break I think to regroup and come back refreshed - hope he comes back soon as I already miss his posts!!

• edited September 2014
    No joy in the main or mini, although could have been a lot different.  Enjoyed watching some great play by Rose Trev and Geldy.  Nice rail from both and JJ!

Saved my evening with £110 value seat for Sunday's roller via a satellite and then entered £10bh for something to do whilst railing Trev / Rose / Geldy and managed to come 2nd.  Should have won, but lost 2 flips when Heads Up.

tinytellah1300001£97.50 + £64.88 Head Prizes6£19.96mattprawn02£65 + £39.67 Head Prizes8
    Taking some time off I think, but will be back for the Roller on Sunday.  Gl to all.

Matt
  • edited September 2014
    gazzaluf0516920001£1860.93
    chabba02£1098.02
    Grace0803£659.52
    macapaca04£521.92
    bar400405£442.06
    ozzieowen06£367.19
    glencoelad07£295.90
    JRY08£224.59
    Jac3509£160.43
    MacMonster010£160.43
    TheDent011£103.39
    PiAnOpLaYa012£103.39
    hurst05013£103.39
    agjk014£71.30
    POKEY2011015£71.30
    Just caught a little of last nights main, well done pokey2011 and the ever impressive grace08 (enjoyed watching you play for a short while, until tiredness took over :-)

Hopefully my game will get back in shape and I can post a few good cashes at some point.....

Apologies if I have missed any other good results 

Neil
  • edited September 2014
    Fab results last night - specially Grace and also Mattprawn with the £110 roller.

Hope you all run golden tonight - best of luck all xxx
  • edited September 2014
    WD matt and pokey nice cashes.WD matt on roller seat and gl in that.WD grace great cash.Had a nightmare 2 days in dyms.So bad that my dym ROI has dropped to 10.9%.I'm not a happy bunny.Must try harder jjjach.Gl on the tables guys.
  • edited September 2014
    Nice cashes all.

Small one from me in the mini
    waller02041£6.21 + £7.52 Head Prizes4
    Best of luck all......Grace is down to the last 12 in the main so gl to her!
  • edited September 2014
    Grace on ft of the main if anyone is around
  • edited September 2014

maccol     HX10175 0 HENDRIK620176£33.75 Head Prizes3
    undie26121.501Punta Cana Semijdsallstar9293.502Punta Cana SemiHENDRIK6267873Punta Cana Semijordz1657984Punta Cana 

won 3 satelites for tonights main so picked up a few £'s for that and freerolled, went out fairly early after a real up and down time, but won 3 head prizes so not all bad.
    Qual. for the Punts Cana semi on Sunday night....but I am at the Ryder Cup all day and if Europe win the chance of me playing is very slim.

Here is a question if someone can help me out....we were down to 5 (£136 for 5th and top 4 get seats) I really wanted to simply blind  out and take the cash, given that 2 players had already qualified, it was worth £170 to each of them.
    I wasn't sure whether I could suggest this in the chat box or not (is there etiquette or rules about that), as it goes I never had the chance as one of the players shoved (he was on the FT in the main) got called and bust. can anyone expand on this for future reference please?  
    Thanks 
    Neil
  • edited September 2014
    Sums up last 2 days
    AmountPotBalance
    rickopop28 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.61
    Rhythmick1 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.92
      Your hole cards

XXXWWW Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.44
    iatehorse Fold     
    artyfarty Fold     
    jjjach Raise  £0.12 £0.22 £3.45
    rickopop28 Fold     
    Rhythmick1 Fold     
    XXXWWW Raise  £0.28 £0.50 £5.16
    jjjach Call  £0.20 £0.70 £3.25
    Flop

• K
    • K

XXXWWW Bet  £0.70 £1.40 £4.46
    jjjach Call  £0.70 £2.10 £2.55
    Turn

XXXWWW All-in  £4.46 £6.56 £0.00
    jjjach All-in  £2.55 £9.11 £0.00
    XXXWWW Unmatched bet  £1.91 £7.20 £1.91
    XXXWWW Show
    • A
    • J

jjjach Show

River

• J

XXXWWW Win Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks £6.66  £8.57
  • edited September 2014
    WD waller and hendrik nice cashes.Gl in punta cana semi hendrik.
  • edited September 2014
    TY hendrik for the rail in last nights main and ty to waller02 and guyl2 for tonights rail in the main

25/09 main 10k BH 5th £340.73 and £164.44 in head prizes
    24/09 main rebuy 3rd £659.52
    25/09 19:45 BH 2nd £69.35 and £35.61 in head prizes

• edited September 2014
    Hi Neil
    .....well done today and Big WELL DONE to everyone on the results and cashes this week.

With regards your dilemma , I wouldnt ask people thru the chatbox. If you want to take the cash rather than the tourney entry (which I can understand coz of the Ryder Cup)......just shove as soon as you can........particularly with a poor hand(though tbh this may well WIN !!!!!!!!!) coz someone else might want to do the same as you and blinding out could take a while.

Hope this helps.....I lasted just over an hour in Main tonight.....at least I'd got in for just £1.60

• edited September 2014
    maccol           HX1 0 175   0   HENDRIK62 0 176 £33.75 Head Prizes 3 undie 26121.50 1 Punta Cana Semi jdsallstar 9293.50 2 Punta Cana Semi HENDRIK62 6787 3 Punta Cana Semi jordz16 5798 4 Punta Cana   won 3 satelites for tonights main so picked up a few £'s for that and freerolled, went out fairly early after a real up and down time, but won 3 head prizes so not all bad. Qual. for the Punts Cana semi on Sunday night....but I am at the Ryder Cup all day and if Europe win the chance of me playing is very slim. Here is a question if someone can help me out....we were down to 5 (£136 for 5th and top 4 get seats) I really wanted to simply blind  out and take the cash, given that 2 players had already qualified, it was worth £170 to each of them. I wasn't sure whether I could suggest this in the chat box or not (is there etiquette or rules about that), as it goes I never had the chance as one of the players shoved (he was on the FT in the main) got called and bust. can anyone expand on this for future reference please?   Thanks  Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hi Hendrik - nice problem to have and congrats on the result.

Best thing to do here (bankroll permitting) is to buy into the relevant tournament - in this case pay the £170 entry fee before the satellitte finishes.  Having done this your seat will then be awarded as the cash equivalent.  You are then free to de-register from the tournament and get the buy in cash refunded also.

I always do this even if I intend playing, as it allows flexibility to deregister if something unexpected comes up that means you cant play it.

Cheers

Matt
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Mr Dagg Sir, Please enlighten me on this stars home game you mention above. Is this the D/S I've seen mentioned before on here? PM me with the details and how to reg for the home game lobby. I used to play in a work related home game lobby, was great fun.
    Posted by Red_King
    Hi Mr Red King

FlyingDagg is not online this week but please check your inbox as I've sent you the details.  Same goes for any other TPTers who might fancy the Tuesday fun games too.

Rose

Well done an all your cashes this week - specially Grace again - fab result!!

Looking forward to the Ofry tonight - hope it's a TPT FT lol xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Hendrik

Bankroll permitting..............
    If I thought there was a chance I was gonna qualify, I would buy in directly and de-reg afterwords. This way you will be refunded the full amount.

Bankroll not permitting.................
    I would blind away for a bit and then just shove every hand with trash.

No communication or agreement should ever be made in the chatbox EVER.

Good luck at the tables.

Nice cashes all - especially Grace in the main - sorry I missed you FT but i'm usually out on thursdays (Out of the tourney or out at the pub :)

Good Luck ALL.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Mr Red King FlyingDagg is not online this week but please check your inbox as I've sent you the details.  Same goes for any other TPTers who might fancy the Tuesday fun games too. Rose Well done an all your cashes this week - specially Grace again - fab result!! Looking forward to the Ofry tonight - hope it's a TPT FT lol xxx
    Posted by IrishRose
    Leave my chips alone Rose....Else i'm tellin me mum :)