You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Hi chris,

Avoid the 55p hypers they arent beatable longterm due to rake.

Great fun, mind and good fir cheap practice. But if bankroll growth is a consideration, stick to the £1.05 ones.

Best of luck, you have a top sensei in dohhhhh

• edited November 2014
    Just caught up on this nice work getting to $25k, occasionally see you on the Hu lobbys but barely ever end up playing each other. Would be good to get that HU skype group you set up going properly, maybe get Chris involved i would be happy to sweat and give some input on how to improve and would happily have my own play scrutinized.

Chris if you have £22 as a roll hypers might not be best place for the moment could easily not do alot wrong and lose that at £1.05 games, turbos or standards are good for building a roll, if you are willing to deposit again then obv not a problem, gl.
  • edited November 2014
    yeah I could deposit again, so just work with that for now, I tend too deposit small amounts quite a lot, grind up a little then lose it all, but the thing is I enjoy it, not losing as such but not too serious about grinding a fiver and turning pro!

I wouldn't mind building up and being comfortable or competent in beating a certain game and knowing im doing well...... maybe HU hypers maybe just cash I don't know, I enjoy them all and would be hard too pick one too stick at.

just something different really and enjoyed the games so far, with this. so ill see how it goes,

got a 7 team acca on so miby that will help... dought it though they never come in.
  • edited November 2014
    HOLDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2014
    You can do it! GL! :)
    ~
    Oh DOHHHH sorry UL! :(
  • edited November 2014
    BOOM!!!!!

A big thanks too

Hibs
    Celtic
    Derby
    Hamilton
    Everton
    Chelsea
    Man City.

A wee boost too the BR.
  • edited November 2014
    Nice one Chris, what were the odds on that?

So, my £150 bet didn't come in. We narrowly missed out on punishing SkyBet for the max when Scunny surrendered a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes to go.

It was brutal, but almost disastrous as I was very close to covering the bet in running by backing WHU/Draw for a large amount.

The skybet enhanced accca landed though, and another good albeit chilled day on the tables made it a £200 day.

I managed to sat into the £55 speed BH again whilst watching the boxing.

Took a couple of heads and was looking good for B2B final tables when a couple of unfortunate hands happened.

Any thoughts on the first?

Theres around 10-12 left and 6 paid iirc.

I think the open is fine w/ A4 in the cutoff, there are re-shoving stacks but I don't expect to get shoved on light, I have A blocker, and it flops ok with the 4.

Called by a very good sky mtt player. I decide to check back top pair, mainly to control the pot and under-rep my hand. I hate the idea of bet/folding a hand this strong at these stack depths.

Turn is a good card for me I think. Having disguised the strength of my hand off the flop I feel I can now bet for value from Kx, flush draws, and small pairs, knowing that I now chop with all Ax hands that previously would've beaten me. I don't see that many 9x in his range either but ofc there are a few for sure.

I bet really small, just over 1/3 pot, I think this is the best way to get value from the weaker part of his range. It also a size I use a lot when playing shallow, it looks to the opponent like I can often be making a delayed cbet with air so when I get shoved on I'm not always crushed necessarily.

I think a combo of my flop check back and the turn bet sizing, as well as the turn card being a good 1 for me makes this a relatively easy call when I get check raised all in?

I expected it to be a chop almost always tbh, I felt pretty comfortable making the call. Sometimes I'll be ahead and looking to fade draws, other times I'll be drawing dead, but mostly just chopping it up.

Until that river hits. Doh!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SoLack Small blind  300.00 300.00 8040.00
    cullum Big blind  600.00 900.00 10479.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

3rdAvenue Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  1200.00 2100.00 14375.00
    chapperman Fold     
    SoLack Call  900.00 3000.00 7140.00
    cullum Fold     
    Flop

• A
    • K

SoLack Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

SoLack Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  1200.00 4200.00 13175.00
    SoLack All-in  7140.00 11340.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  5940.00 17280.00 7235.00
    SoLack Show
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

River

• K

SoLack Win Two Pairs, Aces and Kings 17280.00  17280.00
    Managed to spin up again, if I hold here I go above average with 9 left or something.....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    nslater112 Small blind  600.00 600.00 32719.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 8035.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

Elliott44 Fold     
    high_tea Fold     
    nslater112 All-in  32719.00 34519.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  8035.00 42554.00 0.00
    nslater112 Unmatched bet  24084.00 18470.00 24084.00
    nslater112 Show
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

• K

nslater112 Win Pair of Queens 18470.00  42554.00
    Meh!

Bathroom work as expected is being extended into today (hence being up @ stupid oclock) and at least tomorrow, probably Weds/Thursday too, so again a poker-light session.

Not ideal when I have an MTT volume prop bet running with the don this week.

Hopefully I can find a way to 'blagbink' some comps again and take his fiver.

GL all playing today.
  • edited November 2014
    Both hands look fairly standard. The A4 hand i might go bet fop / turn then cb river to get most value from those draws that opponent can have. 

Im starting a day late for our prop bet - but will explain why in my diary - i know you already know jj. GL for today. 

Btw that 4r is still waiting for one of us to be a winner ;)  
  • edited November 2014

Cricket is back = tilted before I've even played a hand. 

Monday was a poor session. 

Best run was 16th out of 3,000. 

Unfortunately it was an 11 buyin. 

11 cents. 

Played abit of HU and lost at that too, so around -£60 on the day. 

I really fancy a longer HU sng session today, watching alot of these twitch streams I feel I'm getting some new ideas that I'd like to experiment with 'in game'. You get alot more hands/spots to do so when playing HU than full ring MTTs. 

Committed to thrashing Don in this MTT challenge though :(

Bathroom almost done, so the grind will continue to be 'light' today then back to normal over the weekend hopefully.  

I'm thinking about getting some coaching in December to really attack the HU sngs. 

Maybe sort some HU sng 'goals' out for the month. Most of this year, especially the last 3/4 months has been really chilled out. My results have been great compared to the volume and intensity of my sessions and I fancy getting really stuck in and having a month trying to make as much £££ as possible. HU is my best format so it makes sense to use that game to try and do so. 

In b4 downswing :(

Oh and....

Woakes
    Gurney
    Stokes
    Tredwell
    Ali
    Bopara
    Root

7 options. 

Point out for me which one can genuinely be described as an agressive, wicket taking strike bowler. 

hmmmm. 

I think we're the only team in the World who has a more timid bowling attack than todays opposition. 

#Runs. 

• edited November 2014
    Alright mate, fancy playing some £1 hypers sometime soon like we used to and you can tell me where im going wrong lol.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Cricket is back = tilted before I've even played a hand.  Monday was a poor session.  Best run was 16th out of 3,000.  Unfortunately it was an 11 buyin.  11 cents.  Played abit of HU and lost at that too, so around -£60 on the day.  I really fancy a longer HU sng session today, watching alot of these twitch streams I feel I'm getting some new ideas that I'd like to experiment with 'in game'. You get alot more hands/spots to do so when playing HU than full ring MTTs.  Committed to thrashing Don in this MTT challenge though :( Bathroom almost done, so the grind will continue to be 'light' today then back to normal over the weekend hopefully.   I'm thinking about getting some coaching in December to really attack the HU sngs.  Maybe sort some HU sng 'goals' out for the month. Most of this year, especially the last 3/4 months has been really chilled out. My results have been great compared to the volume and intensity of my sessions and I fancy getting really stuck in and having a month trying to make as much £££ as possible. HU is my best format so it makes sense to use that game to try and do so.  In b4 downswing :( Oh and.... Woakes Gurney Stokes Tredwell Ali Bopara Root 7 options.  Point out for me which one can genuinely be described as an agressive, wicket taking strike bowler.  hmmmm.  I think we're the only team in the World who has a more timid bowling attack than todays opposition.  #Runs. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Can you get a light grind compared to your normal grind?
  • edited November 2014
    Alright JJ i've sent you a pm.
  • edited November 2014

Rec'd thnks Ben.

-----------

For the most part, Wednesdays session was grim.

I spent most of the day looking around lobbies for more tournaments to enter as I couldn't seem to stay in any for longer than an hour or so.

The one run I did get going was in a $4 deepstack (yeh I was busting things so quickly I had no option but to register a deepstack to fill my screen!)

It paid decent though, almost $500 for first from a $4 buyin and obviously a soft field.

Rather frustrating to bubble the FT though :(

------------------------

The day was looking like a complete fail until I binked yet another all in sat to the £55 turbo BH (mbi).........

Normally I'd be in 2 minds about taking the 55 quid, or playing the event, but there was no doubt this time I really wanted to play it to save the day.

As usual, we built a stack. Took a couple of heads, then had one of the strangest bustouts I can remember.

I'm sat 4th of 7 left, with 5 making the money where a min cash is £85. Probably not much of a consideration for the big hitters and direct buyins but as I was in for £6 I'd really like to cash.

We're hand for hand on the FT bubble (note, not the cash bubble) and everyone is really shallow.

I find A9o on the button, with 8xbb. SB is a good, aggressive PITA with a large stack and the big blind has only 3.5xbb. None of this information even matters though, A9 is more than enough to shove here, ideally to get called by the short stack, ladder to the FT (tournament bubble) and collect a valuable head prize.

I get called twice, SB shows A9hh. Pretty standard call but I think not one that many would make.

Big blind has QQ. coz he's golden ;)

Board runs out xh xh x x xh and we lose to the big stacks flush.

Of course the QQ also busts and I lean back in my chair gutted that I've stone bubbled the biggest comp of the day.

After checking the lobby though I notice that someone had similtaniously busted on the other table and apparently I had the biggest stack of the 3 bust outs so had been awarded 5th place for £85 + £32 head prizes.

It was a pleasant surprise but I was still disappointed to not at least chop v the A9s and have a stack to try and spin on the FT. But thinking back, that would have left me with 3.5xbb and the short stack of 6 left and 5 paid, so maybe busting the way I did worked out well for me overall? Had the QQ tripled up I'd have been in really bad shape and looking like bubbling, as played I got the min cash?

hmmm, not sure.

Anyway, was a good day saver after a frustratingly dull session, and gives good momentum moving into the weekend.
  • edited November 2014
    Im going to sound like a right lemon now.....

What does 'PITA' stand for Doh ?
  • edited November 2014
    Im going to sound like a right lemon now..... What does 'PITA' stand for Doh ?
    Posted by goodylad21
    Pain in the Rs! Or in this case, gazza127 ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Lumping on the Skybet Saturday special again this week? (Liverpool vs Stoke, United vs Hull and Swansea vs Palace if you haven't seen, 3 homes boosted to 5/1 from 3s)

Doesn't look as nailed on as last week, but I do love a punt :)

Got a feeling we'll be cursing the bin dippers come 5pm tomorrow!
  • edited November 2014
    Not fancying it so much this week Harold. 

It's still a value bet though, so I'll be in for the max again I'd imagine. 

I think Liverpool and United will be fine, hate writing Palace off though. 

On paper it makes sense, £20 plz. 

--------------

Binkage this aft !

Was going pretty kak until 4pm when I got runs going. 

Finished 13/300, 4/350 and the above 1/412 to get up $550ish for the day. 

V good momentum leading into Friday night. gl me & all !

• edited November 2014
    Not fancying it so much this week Harold.  It's still a value bet though, so I'll be in for the max again I'd imagine.  I think Liverpool and United will be fine, hate writing Palace off though.  On paper it makes sense, £20 plz.  -------------- Binkage this aft ! http://gyazo.com/2fa3f24b97205128bf9c394647b5e507 Was going pretty kak until 4pm when I got runs going.  Finished 13/300, 4/350 and the above 1/412 to get up $550ish for the day.  V good momentum leading into Friday night. gl me & all !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I've had a punt as well.   Nice binkage on 3 fat ladies btw.
  • edited November 2014

Swansea save sky bet Rs's again PadLad :( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

------------

So today is the last day of the Doh v Don MTT volume mini-challenge. 

It's been a disappointing week tbh, I think it's Donalds fault :P

I believe I'm a handful of MTTs ahead going into Sunday, but the challenge hasn't motivated him at all, in fact I've spent alot of the week convincing him not to quit. 

The idea was whoever was behind would be motivated to grind more/harder to catch up, not quit because they're losing. 

Today is a massive day for low stakes online mtts, so much going on on loads of sites, I'd hoped we'd be neck and neck going into it with big motivation and hopefully push eachother on to have a huge sunday session and win loads. 

Hasn't worked out, but what can you do :(

At least I should win :D

I've had 3 decent sessions this week, results hadn't gone too great until Friday when I got the bink to reward the effort I'd put in. I was getting abit frustrated tbh, I don't get angry or tilted when I run bad at mtts, but 2 days of bricks is enough to make it become very boring for me. 

The bink was needed for morale/momentum which I can hopefully use to put in a biggie today. 

Biggest mtts, $2m gtds, ftops, super xxl series, roller, & the big one, the $3, $750 gtd on 888 !!!!

GL ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ! :)

btw, any1 got anyone know of any charities that Donald would hate donating to? 

Really want to punish him for not being committed this week as it's p'd me off!! 

Celtic in need? 
  • edited November 2014
    Swansea save sky bet Rs's again PadLad :( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------  btw, any1 got anyone know of any charities that Donald would hate donating to?  Really want to punish him for not being committed this week as it's p'd me off!!  Celtic in need? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah sigh... was more worried about Liverpool TBH!  Re charities to annoy Don,  maybe "The Craig Whyte Defence Fund"?  
  • edited November 2014
    http://charity.celticfc.net/
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Yessssss !

I would never normally consider asking for proof of payment for a charity donation, but I need a new forum/fbook/twitter/PS avatar, and screensaver for my PC <3

Hope they batter him with spam mail after as well.

This is the guy who, despite barely being rolled for nl4 at the time, refused to take 6/1 on a 1/3 shot with Paddypower, even when I offered to loan him the money risk free to do so because....... "Paddy Power is a Celtic fan". 

• edited November 2014
    hahaha

he'll be helping enrich lives and boosting the good name of celtic fc by helping them achieve their charitable goals for the year in the process.

what's not to like...
  • edited November 2014
    "paddy power is a celtic fan"

hahaha, that phrase keeps repeating on me.

gwan the don!
  • edited November 2014

I may have been premature, the great man has just told me he's in for a full day session, looks like game on !!!
  • edited November 2014
    seems like you simply needed more stick and less carrot.

gogogo
  • edited November 2014
    Me and my New Mascot will not only be crushing your soul in grinding today - we will also be crushing many other people soul by winning. 

P.s. you might as well donate now 

• edited November 2014

Agh the old "nominate a worthy charity to gain public support" strategy.

Prove that you've entered at least 1 mtt per hour between now and 10pm and i'll ship some over regardless of the result.

Challenge Don.
  • edited November 2014
    Agh the old "nominate a worthy charity to gain public support" strategy. Prove that you've entered at least 1 mtt per hour between now and 10pm and i'll ship some over regardless of the result. Challenge Don.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I rekon i've bust enough to average 1 per hour till 10 tomorrow night already 
  • edited November 2014
    Blimey its kicking off in here between you two! One LOL volume grinder vs another LOL volume grinder ftw imo ;)

Hope you are both well.