You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Blimey its kicking off in here between you two! One LOL volume grinder vs another LOL volume grinder ftw imo ;) Hope you are both well. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    pfffffft 

Killing it !!!!!! ^^^^^^^

Was that you waving the Arsene out banner yesterday Jeeves?

It's not his fault his star midfielder and the saviour of English football has glass ankles !
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : pfffffft  http://gyazo.com/5ec9eac8a203bb43453999bb37bcb5fe Killing it !!!!!! ^^^^^^^ Was that you waving the Arsene out banner yesterday Jeeves? It's not his fault his star midfielder and the saviour of English football has glass ankles !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You do realise I have four times that amount of points, plus also have a full time job, go to 2/3 footy matches a month and now have tons of drink ups planned before xmas. 

With regards to the monsieur wenger banner, its very hard to get tickets for away games these days even as a season ticket holder so no it wasnt me. I have come off the fence though, sadly it isnt in favour of our once great manager. 
  • edited December 2014

I'm going to start copy and pasting these session reports.

Same again....

- uneventful afternoon.

- win all in sat to £55 Speed BH.

- Chip up

- Take 2 heads

- Make it itm.

- Get outdrawn in a big pot.

- Watch the other chap go on to take it down!

Lambert1801760001st/44£407 + £324.21 Head Prizes8 
    Doyley9602£242 + £127.73 Head Prizes4 
    luckme00203£165 + £28.13 Head Prizes1 
    DOHHHHHHH04£121 + £52.73 Head Prizes2 
    Ranners05£88 + £60.94 Head Prizes3 
    StayOrGo06£77 + £18.75 Head Prizes1
    3 times in a row that's happened now. If I make it deep again this week and I go all in, just call. You win my chips, my bounty, and gtd to go on to win the comp! :(

Getting frustrating, as all the £££ is up top in that thing, and I'm becoming the min cash master :(

Was a standard hand, just AJ < A9 aipf.

I had a 'spin stack' left afterwards, I'll post my exit as it may not be as standard as I thought it was at the time, although I'm fairly sure I got to call it off.

Thoughts?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    luckme002 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 26400.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 20841.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

Doyley96 Fold     
    Lambert180 All-in  30794.00 35294.00 0.00
    luckme002 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH
    Had a staking return too, when I snapped up a % of evilpingu in the roller after he won an allin sat at the last minute of late reg and went on to finish 4th.

He followed this up with a chop 4 handed in the biggest 4 on stars for an $8k night! Congrats to him.

It turned a very average Sunday for me into a great one, nudging another $1k day. On some insane heater this last couple of months without really grinding anything properly/hard. I just know when I commit to upping the effort/commitment levels in December to play HU I'm going to start running Kak.

Apparently that's how poker works, people who put effort in and play well never win. If you're rubbish you crush.

I was going to make a start re-watching HU vids and reading articles etc again to refresh the memory over the weekend and then go straight into the HU grind today, but with such great MTT momentum, and it being my favourite 'turbo tuesday' main event tonight 1 more mtt session can't hurt.

Makes sense to reverse bok myself and say I'll play MTTs until I have a break even or worse day :)

Good Luck all in December!
  • edited December 2014

Arrrrfternoon sit n dohites.

No updates so far this month, that normally means downswing and/or drunken blow up, but it's even worse than that this time, I've been ill :(

First 'illness' in > 8 years that hasn't been self inflicted :(

Apparently it's called 'man flu'. Its not too bad, just annoying and if combined with alcohol probably wouldn't make for very optimal poker playing conditions. Running bad :(

Bought the widest range of cough/cold/flu medicines/drinks/capsuels/tablets I could find over the weekend trying to get match fit asap. Turns out they're all the same thing under different names. FU lemsip/sudafed/beechams/nurofen. - Playing bad :(

Ilness keeps slowrolling me too, taking alot of naps and everytime I wake up I feel fine and think I'm cured, then it returns 10 mins later :( Poor etiquette from the man flu Gods imo. 

Not much different to a standard diary update, playing bad, running bad and being slowrolled, just off the table instead of on it. 

Hopefully I can find a way to 'get there' in the end and be back asap! 

The 1 and abit sessions I did manage to get in were uneventful, up about £50, just about covers the meds. 

Hope Dec is treating y'all well. 

Been watchin more and more of pokerstaples on twitch. Great guy and very good product he's putting out for free. Goggggle him and have a watch if you're bored/ill etc. 

gl all playing today. 
  • edited December 2014
    Hope you're better soon JJ!

I fell pretty ill in Thailand, and was still suffering when I got back to Blighty. The illness I had gradually faded but was replaced with intense pains in my stomach, cramps if you will. Did the man thing and obviously didn't go to the doctors. It was getting really bad though, so did the next best thing and raided Boots. Spoke to the guy behind the counter, explained what I had and he sold me some Buscopan.

The catch? He said that for nearly everyone who takes it; it either doesn't work and you are still in major discomfort, or it works and it gives you the runs. Like flopping bottom set when 2 villains hold middle and top set, you just can't win but it's all going in.

Brilliant.
  • edited December 2014
    Morning.

Man Flu has been beaten. For now. I didn't enjoy the battle, have never had it before and don't want it again!

Played a light session on Tuesday to make sure it was gone, and then felt good, keen and ready to crush after some time away from poker on Thursday so really went for it.

Lost.

:(

Built a schedule of tournaments higher than I would normally play and sold some of the action.

I've only done this once before, and I hated it.

The difference this time was I only sold to friends, people who I know for sure fully understand poker and the variance involved, and therefore didn't feel anywhere near as much pressure as before.

When it's random peoples money you're playing with, it's hard to know how solid their understanding of variance is. There's always a chance they see your stats/graph and automatically expect you to win. So I found myself trying too hard/sweating all ins too much, getting overly stressed when things weren't going well, because I wanted to make a good impression and get them a return.

Wasn't the case this time, everyone already knew how good/bad I am and expected to lose their money anyway. :)

Anyway it was a disaster.

We were in for $220ish.

Best score was 3rd/300 in an $11 ko for $120

It's a comp I would normally be fine playing on my own, but as people were 'punting' on me at higher buyins than usual I wanted to add a few softer/better value comps in to make it an attractive proposition.

It was kind of brutal 3 handed. There was a clear chip leader who was playing really well imo.

I was well ahead of 3rd place too, and the jumps were huge. Something like $90/195/300.

I'm no expert on ICM but I know I'm supposed to try really hard not to come 3rd here with the payouts and chipstacks.

Anyway, I came 3rd.

QQ v big stacks AK blind v blind.

Some spots I can try to keep low variance, 3 handed that aint 1.

Annoying because 2nd place with KOs would've gtd profit.

--------

After the mtts fail I was still feeling good and felt I was playing well.

I somehow got into a HU sng game v one of the most successful regs on Sky.

I normally always open sit in the lobby. And these guys don't normally sit v me. Therefore I don't play them very often.

Not sure how it happened this time, maybe he was bored, maybe thought he was playing really well also, maybe our registration clicks overlapped and we ended up sat together, or maybe he thinks I'm a huge fish after all! :(

Anyway I was really surprised at how tight/passive the guy played. I searched him on FAP and he was playing lots of tables. So it's hardly surprising that he wasn't being more active, I'm not even sure how it's possible to play so many tables when a lot of them are heads up.

So although I lost, I decided to play again.

I lost again, but same story, winning all the small pots then losing successive aipf situations to lose the game.

I made a bold/stupid decision, to check FAP and register every game he was currently waiting at. I think it was 2 x £21 and 1 x £31.

Lost. Lost. Lost.

fml.

I never normally play multiple tables HU, and it was a brutal reminder of why. I got pwnd pretty bad :(

So once again I take on the big boys, albeit at modest stakes, and walk away wounded.

Back to around break even for the month and stripped of the 2 big words, momentum and confidence. :(

Back to basics this weekend. Fish bashing at the micros hopefully :)

---------------

On the skybet enhanced treble again today. #Value.

#CookOut.

GL all this weekend.
  • edited December 2014
    Hi dohhhh,
    thought I'd pop in & say hello as you very kindly find the time to read & post on my thread.
    sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, hope you get well soon.

as to your poker, it's good taking shots but expensive when you lose, as you already know, but it must improve your game
    so at least you are getting something out of it for your money  :)
    as to staking/being staked, sounds like added pressure to me but at least you've tried it...
    not a road I can ever see me going down playing £3 & £5 dym's anyway  lol

anyway, have a good weekend mate,
    run good,
    dev

• edited December 2014
    oooh DOHHHH, chin up! xxx
  • edited December 2014
    another avid reader.  Glad you're feeling better.  Re HU tables.  I had a look round them the other night. It was interesting to note there were circa 10/12 tables with one person at each!! I did think it odd, but then realised on closer inspection they were regs who probably just didn't want to play each other and prob waiting on the fish to arrive? 
     #runbetter
    #rootingforroot 
  • edited December 2014
    DOHHHHHHHH  FTW

meanwhile cook should visit the North Sentinel Islands while he is there. 
    do everyone a favour. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    another avid reader.  Glad you're feeling better.  Re HU tables.  I had a look round them the other night. It was interesting to note there were circa 10/12 tables with one person at each!! I did think it odd, but then realised on closer inspection they were regs who probably just didn't want to play each other and prob waiting on the fish to arrive?   #runbetter #rootingforroot 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Pad, was this in the sng lobby?

It would be unuusal for this to happen. It normally happens when theres some points based promotion is on and people reister for 10+ Russian Roulettes at once. 

In terms of normal HU sngs there aren't normally more than 2 games per level open at once. 

It's true though that 'fish' prefer to join games that start straight away rather than sit and wait for an opponent, so it makes sense to open sit in the lobby as much as possible. 

-----

fwiw I don't even think Joe Root is 1 of the best 2 middle order ODI batsmen in Yorkshire, nevermind England. 

Taylor/Ballance/Bairstow/Bell/KP >>>>>>>>>>>> Root. 

Hales/Ali/Bell/Taylor/Morgan/Bopara/Buttler/Broad/Tredwell/Finn/Anderson

Half decent 11 in Aus/NZ conditions that. 

DOHHHHHHHH  FTW meanwhile cook should visit the North Sentinel Islands while he is there.  do everyone a favour. 
    Posted by GELDY

Forced me into some early morning educational reading Geldy.

Sounds great, if only they had wi fi I wouldn't mind moving there myself :D

• edited December 2014

So recovery Saturday went ok. 

It started bleak, all the pre grind optimism and determination faded mid afternoon as I bricked 10 comps without building any stacks. 

The $1r 6max turbo wembcam mtt provided some outs though, making it HU with a really poor player who was open shoving and 3bet shoving way too often, and way too deep. 

Thought I'd found the dream spot. 

MolFaR_ posts small blind [$20,000] DOHHHHHHH24 posts big blind [$40,000]
    ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to DOHHHHHHH24 [ Ad, Kd ] _MolFaR_ raises [$60,000] DOHHHHHHH24 raises [$1,687,492]
    _MolFaR_ calls [$1,071,508]
    ** Dealing flop ** [ 3c, 4h, Kh ] ** Dealing turn ** [ 5s ] ** Dealing river ** [ Qs ]
    ** Summary **
    _MolFaR_ shows [ Ac, Ah ] DOHHHHHHH24 shows [ Ad, Kd ]

Howwwwww :(

2nd for $200. ($300 UT.)

Still, I had another deep run going on the side, this time in a much better comp. 

$2r turbo with $10k gtd and over $2,000 for first, I've been a top 10 stack from about 250 out. 

20 odd left, and I'm getting short, but that's ok because the average stack is really shallow. Abit of heat could see me shoot up the rankings really quickly. 

Find AA in the bb in a dream spot :)

And that's gg :(

May look like a small pot at only 14xbb, but it puts me above average and in 7th place, with a great shot at $2k+

Painnnnn :(

---------

I'm probably 3 years behind everyone else, but I figured out how to use dropbox this weekend. It's really easy and a good way to share videos which seem to take an age to attatch to emails. 

Here's a tester vid I made of my dog doing a fish impression and playing the nuts face up.

He looks resigned to his fate though, must've seen my exit hand above. They never win.

Poker Face! 

-------------

New twitch feed I've been watching lately ^^^^^^^

It's not as entertaining as others, the guy plays alot more tables than other streamers I've seen so it's more strategy heavy.

High level stuff though. 

I managed to get on a featured table on his stream last week.

"I wouldn't normally play this hand from this position but with copps (me) being a weaker player I think i'll call"

Proof that he knows his stuff.

GL all playing today. 
  • edited December 2014
    Quick update, Monday was ok.

Tonnes of bricks in mtts, but decent HU sng session and I also binked a win with a free bet, having £5 on Everton 3-1 QPR @ 14/1. 

After a couple of solid sessions I've more than repaired the financial damage from being 'fizzled' last Thursday.

Still not feeling great about my game/playing though. 

---------- 

Main reason for posting is to plug poker streams on twitch again.

Up until last night I'd watched only 'serious' streams, sweating good/winning players and using it as a learning tool.

Then I came accross some guy who's a big name on twitch due to his video game content, having a go at poker having only learnt the game 2/3 weeks ago.

Extremely entertaining stuff, he didn't have much of a clue, but he was taking it seriously and was keen to learn. Some of the stuff he said reminded me of my thought processes when I was just starting out.

The highlight was a hand on the bubble of a triple your money sit n go.

It's getting really close, as all dym/tym bubbles get, every1 very shallow and blinds are high. 

This guy is really getting into it, building it up as a life or death bubble. 

We get AA in the big blind.

"OH MY GOD YESSSS AA.  PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOVE. SHOVEEE. PLEASE SHOVEEE"

utg guy who we just have covered moves all in. 

"M*******in Yessss"

Hero stands up from his seat and starts doing an insane dance to the rap music he has playing. 

Folds to us. 

"YEAAAA IM CALLIN' BIATCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. GET OUT! GET OUTTTTTTTTTT!!!!"

Calls, and sees villain has pocket 4s.

"Oh my god if you give him a 4 you're rigged"

Board runs out 4 7 4 2 2

Hero stands up, slams his headphones on the keyboard and walks away in disgust.

gg :D

• edited December 2014
    Hahaaa, I know this guy from my COD-whoring days. He is entertaining from time to time.
  • edited December 2014

The last few sessions have been slow going. Have won a couple of smaller tournaments for around $200 each, but nothing to get excited about. 

----------------

Last session I played some PLO cash at 10p20p here and 12/25c elsewhere. 

I'm clearly not very good at it, it's not a game I've ever really studied and haven't got much experience, but this belief that it's a drawing game really annoys me. 

It's probably the correct way to think, especially at the lower limits. 

But anyone can learn what good hands and good boards are really easily, it wouldn't take more than a few hours to learn how to hand select pre flop and read boards post flop. 

So where does the edge come in if everyone can do this?  Waiting or poor players to make mistakes? 

I've never had the patience or the will to sit and do this for hours like many can in NLHE. I have to try and outplay the other players, and to me that means beating them rather than having them beat themselves. 

If I can't find this kind of edge, I just wont play. Thats why I don't play NLHE cash anymore. 

Anyway I try to play a much more aggressive pre flop game, and build pots. I think in my limited experience this puts tight players in spots they're not used to, when it costs them 15xbb to see a flop rather than 3xbb they find it harder to just c/f their moderately strong hands post flop and this is where they begin to make bigger mistakes which we can profit from.

They're also probably used to pot controlling or even folding strong hands like the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th nuts against players who will only ever show up with the nuts because they only ever sit there waiting to hit the nuts before committing to a hand. I feel playing a splashy style will force these players to commit with these weaker hands v me more often so I can get paid off alot easier. 

Of course it only works if I'm better post flop than them. But if it's not something they're used to then it at least bridges the huge gulf in experience between me and them. 

Strategy aint gonna' work v really good PLO players though, they'll crush me. But I'm gamboooooling on there not being many of those about at these limits. 

Swings will probably be big, but I'll see how it goes. I hate losing money at NLHE, but when I first started I wasn't that bothered. I was new to it all and it was fun. I was rubbish, but I didn't know it, and this helped me enjoy the challenge, the wins were awesome and the losses weren't so bad.

That's always been the case when I've played PLO in the past too. It makes for a fun change of mindset. 

-------------------

Twitch streamer of the day.

This guy is insane. 

He plays $2,000nl cash. And he wouldn't beat nl4 here.

Massive swings, up 15k 1 session, down 15k the next. Very entertaining. 

It's probably worth moving to America just to play his tables, the games look ridiculous for such high stakes. At first I was convinced it was play money, but it's all real.

Enjoy.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hi Pad, was this in the sng lobby? It would be unuusal for this to happen. It normally happens when theres some points based promotion is on and people reister for 10+ Russian Roulettes at once.  In terms of normal HU sngs there aren't normally more than 2 games per level open at once.  It's true though that 'fish' prefer to join games that start straight away rather than sit and wait for an opponent, so it makes sense to open sit in the lobby as much as possible. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Yeah. It could have been one of the Advent promos.

• edited December 2014
    Stickyrice is amazing, he doesnt know any basic concepts of poker, but today he busted his account, hopefully he deposits again!
  • edited December 2014
    The last few sessions have been slow going. Have won a couple of smaller tournaments for around $200 each, but nothing to get excited about.  ---------------- Last session I played some PLO cash at 10p20p here and 12/25c elsewhere.  I'm clearly not very good at it, it's not a game I've ever really studied and haven't got much experience, but this belief that it's a drawing game really annoys me.  It's probably the correct way to think, especially at the lower limits.  But anyone can learn what good hands and good boards are really easily, it wouldn't take more than a few hours to learn how to hand select pre flop and read boards post flop.  So where does the edge come in if everyone can do this?  Waiting or poor players to make mistakes?  I've never had the patience or the will to sit and do this for hours like many can in NLHE. I have to try and outplay the other players, and to me that means beating them rather than having them beat themselves.  If I can't find this kind of edge, I just wont play. Thats why I don't play NLHE cash anymore.  Anyway I try to play a much more aggressive pre flop game, and build pots. I think in my limited experience this puts tight players in spots they're not used to, when it costs them 15xbb to see a flop rather than 3xbb they find it harder to just c/f their moderately strong hands post flop and this is where they begin to make bigger mistakes which we can profit from. They're also probably used to pot controlling or even folding strong hands like the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th nuts against players who will only ever show up with the nuts because they only ever sit there waiting to hit the nuts before committing to a hand. I feel playing a splashy style will force these players to commit with these weaker hands v me more often so I can get paid off alot easier.  Of course it only works if I'm better post flop than them. But if it's not something they're used to then it at least bridges the huge gulf in experience between me and them.  Strategy aint gonna' work v really good PLO players though, they'll crush me. But I'm gamboooooling on there not being many of those about at these limits.  Swings will probably be big, but I'll see how it goes. I hate losing money at NLHE, but when I first started I wasn't that bothered. I was new to it all and it was fun. I was rubbish, but I didn't know it, and this helped me enjoy the challenge, the wins were awesome and the losses weren't so bad. That's always been the case when I've played PLO in the past too. It makes for a fun change of mindset.  ------------------- Twitch streamer of the day. http://www.twitch.tv/stickyrice1 This guy is insane.  He plays $2,000nl cash. And he wouldn't beat nl4 here. Massive swings, up 15k 1 session, down 15k the next. Very entertaining.  It's probably worth moving to America just to play his tables, the games look ridiculous for such high stakes. At first I was convinced it was play money, but it's all real. Enjoy.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thought u held your own very well on your session on monday, and walked with a bit of profit.
  • edited December 2014

Xmas has been survived :D

Everyone who got through it is rewarded with 6 days of the best sporting action of the year.  

This Boxing day has already gotten off to a better start than last year. 

A full nights sleep is much better preperation than an all nighter following England down under getting spanked (yet again) by the Aussies in the boxing day test.

Today is also the 2nd anniversary of 'Style Night'. 

It brings back painful, distressing memories of what we've lost, £££'s that sadly can't be with us today. But also a time to be thankful for what we do have, namely 24 hour deposit limits.

There will be no repeat, Mr Style.  

The other good thing about Boxing Day is I'm always hangover free. 

Xmas Eve and Xmas Day are booze free for me, always. It's weird as everyone is getting trollied around me to be the only 1 sober for a change!

The morning of the 27th isn't so much fun though :/ 

-------------

On abit of a gambling downswing going into todays session. It seems the standard 'go to' gift to me from friends and family nowardays is scratch cards.

I much prefer it to chocolates and lynx gift sets, but yesterdays scratching session was brutal. Bricked everything. 

I'm due. 

Max on the 'price boost'. L'pool to win @ Burnley, United to beat N'castle and City to win @ WBA. The last 1 worries me the most. 

Waiting on Mr.Channing to put a couple of winners up for me to follow too :)

Good luck all punting and playing over the coming week, with the UKOPs (afternoon events!!!!!:) on as well as tonnes of sport there's plenty to go at and it's a good time to run well!

• edited December 2014

I forgot........

My gifts received range was balanced by someone buying me a smoothie maker. 

Does anyone have any tips for easy (I mean really easy) smoothie recipies?

I've googled it, and I've never even heard of half the ingrediants. 

My first attempt of banana, apple, milk, yoghurt and honey made me want to vomit. 

I'm guessing the fruitier the better? Trying to avoid creamy stuff after that first experience!

Fire away.........
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re::
    Xmas has been survived :D Everyone who got through it is rewarded with 6 days of the best sporting action of the year.   This Boxing day has already gotten off to a better start than last year.  A full nights sleep is much favourable preperation than an all nighter following England down under getting spanked (yet again) by the Aussies in the boxing day test. Today is also the 2nd anniversary of 'Style Night'.  It brings back painful, distressing memories of what we've lost, £££'s that sadly can't be with us today. But also a time to be thankful for what we do have, namely 24 hour deposit limits. There will be no repeat, Mr Style.   The other good thing about Boxing Day is I'm always hangover free.  Xmas Eve and Xmas Day are booze free for me, always. It's weird as everyone is getting trollied around me to be the only 1 sober for a change! The morning of the 27th isn't so much fun though :/  ------------- On abit of a gambling downswing going into todays session. It seems the standard 'go to' gift to me from friends and family nowardays is scratch cards. I much prefer it to chocolates and lynx gift sets, but yesterdays scratching session was brutal. Bricked everything.  I'm due.  Max on the 'price boost'. L'pool to win @ Burnley, United to beat N'castle and City to win @ WBA. The last 1 worries me the most.  Waiting on Mr.Channing to put a couple of winners up for me to follow too :) Good luck all punting and playing over the coming week, with the UKOPs (afternoon events!!!!!:) on as well as tonnes of sport there's plenty to go at and it's a good time to run well!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I also wondered if he might post on the King George.  Boxing day is usual brutal gee-gee wise for me so I might give it a miss to-day.   Nah who am I kidding......have put a sizeable e/w bet on Dynaste @ 10/1.  Think it's gone to 8/1 now so some folk obvs like it as well.  gl
  • edited December 2014
    Xmas has been survived :D Everyone who got through it is rewarded with 6 days of the best sporting action of the year.   This Boxing day has already gotten off to a better start than last year.  A full nights sleep is much better preperation than an all nighter following England down under getting spanked (yet again) by the Aussies in the boxing day test. Today is also the 2nd anniversary of 'Style Night'.  It brings back painful, distressing memories of what we've lost, £££'s that sadly can't be with us today. But also a time to be thankful for what we do have, namely 24 hour deposit limits. There will be no repeat, Mr Style.   The other good thing about Boxing Day is I'm always hangover free.  Xmas Eve and Xmas Day are booze free for me, always. It's weird as everyone is getting trollied around me to be the only 1 sober for a change! The morning of the 27th isn't so much fun though :/  ------------- On abit of a gambling downswing going into todays session. It seems the standard 'go to' gift to me from friends and family nowardays is scratch cards. I much prefer it to chocolates and lynx gift sets, but yesterdays scratching session was brutal. Bricked everything.  I'm due.  Max on the 'price boost'. L'pool to win @ Burnley, United to beat N'castle and City to win @ WBA. The last 1 worries me the most.  Waiting on Mr.Channing to put a couple of winners up for me to follow too :) Good luck all punting and playing over the coming week, with the UKOPs (afternoon events!!!!!:) on as well as tonnes of sport there's plenty to go at and it's a good time to run well!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Max on the 'price boost'. L'pool to win @ Burnley, United to beat N'castle and City to win @ WBA. The last 1 worries me the most. 

Wiiiiiiiii well done. I've done it every week. Liverpool were lucky but a win a win

• edited December 2014
    I forgot........ My gifts received range was balanced by someone buying me a smoothie maker.  Does anyone have any tips for easy (I mean really easy) smoothie recipies? I've googled it, and I've never even heard of half the ingrediants.  My first attempt of banana, apple, milk, yoghurt and honey made me want to vomit.  I'm guessing the fruitier the better? Trying to avoid creamy stuff after that first experience! Fire away.........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sick bag at the ready

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/smoothies/

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: : Max on the 'price boost'. L'pool to win @ Burnley, United to beat N'castle and City to win @ WBA. The last 1 worries me the most.  Wiiiiiiiii well done. I've done it every week. Liverpool were lucky but a win a win
    Posted by darryn1973

Nice 1 Darryn. I think Sky have been pretty lucky recently with these price boosts. Twice 10 men have held on for 20+ minutes to save them. They were due a loss.

Thoughts on todays boost?

They're wounded, and have been very clever with their offer this week-end. I can't have Arsenal favourites to beat West Ham at Upton Park today given how poor they are away v high tempo teams and how rampant WHU are at home. 

Very small bet for me today because it still represents thin value, but wont be throwing much at it. 

Good luck if you're on. 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Sick bag at the ready http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/smoothies/
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Vespa, a few of those are make-able. 

I've been experimenting with random stuff until I can get some of the posh ingrediants in and have come up with the first one that I actually like !

Half a tin of fruit cocktail & the syrup.

Fresh Pineapple, Pear and Plum. 

Ice cubes. 

Splash of Water.

Sugar, and Honey. 

Nom!!!!!!!!!

Lookout Delia!!............ ;)

--------------------------

Boxing day was good :)

I had zillions of stacks everywhere, in some decent comps too. Unfortunately the 'big ones' didn't come to much, but I did manage a 3rd and 4th in smaller comps to win around $200 on the day and also around £200 in the online bookies. 

Todays main events will be the 2pm and 4pm afternoon UKOPs. 

I'm pleased Sky have added these to the schedule, and even more pleased to see them rewarded with all 3 gntees comfortably beaten yesterday. 

It's nice to have a chance to get involved and play a few events instead of just buyng action and railing friends. 

The 6pm £11r might still be starting a touch too late though, I believe it plays really slow/deep so may well still go on post midnight?

Still, the £5 BH and £11 deepstack are both mine!

Good luck all playing & punting today. 

• edited December 2014
    Mehhhhh @ UKOPS :(

Played 2 of the afternoon comps yesterday and finished mid teens in both.

The real frustration was the £11 deepstack. I was very lucky early, getting on a table with a guy who was going crazy, shoving all in pre flop really wide, and managed to double up with TT v 66.

I continued to get great tables throughout. There was Scotty and 1 other guy who seemed very decent, but the other 3 seats were always really weak players, including the 2 seats directly to my right. So the gameplan was really simple, just try and play in position v the weaker players and stay out of the way of the better ones.

Went well, I was a top 10 stack pretty much throughout the whole tournament, and went into the money sitting top 5.

My exit hand really annoyed me.

It aint often I get angry @ poker nowardays, beats are fine, coolers are fine, when I play bad it's kind of frustrating and is probably the most common cause of 'tilt' and when other players play bad against me, again, I normally deal with it fine.

But on this occasion the guys call really P1ssed me off! ha.

I'll post the hand below.

The button has been raising relentlessly.

I'm not just saying that to justify my play, but for 6/7 orbits he's been opening every single time cutoff and button when unopened. Sometimes 3x and sometimes for a min raise (haven't been able to figure out what these diff sizes mean yet)

In my exit hand it folds to him again, and as expected he opens.

SB calls.

I've got 15xbb and shove it in with Q7o. Not the best hand to 3b shove with as a bluff but it seemed a good spot.

I'm fairly sure that with the buttons opening frequency I can shove in 15 blinds so wide here profitably, probably with any 2 cards.

The small blind calling just sweetens the price for me, as I pick up more dead money when the squeeze gets through.

I don't expect the small blind to call me ever. I'd guess if he does call I'm going to be flipping fairly often, aside from small pocket pairs getting stubborn and maybe 77/88/99 that'd have me in bad shape I don't see much else that will ever call.

Anyway as expected the button folds, I'd feel ul if he had a hand to call given how aggressive he was playing but I'd be able to live with that.

I feel safe at this point.

But sb tanks.

And eventually calls me with QJ and holds.

I think it's pretty awful to call with that hand. And I almost ranted in the chatbox. Managed to keep it to an aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh though.

Really annoyed me, maybe because I don't get chance to play these 'recognised' comps very often, so to go out like that when deep hurt abit. Not because of money or anything, but it's UKOPs! :D
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sb Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 72196.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 45012.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q

Slipwater Fold     
    jawzindawz Fold     
    MARYBOBBIN Fold     
    WotAlias Raise  6000.00 10500.00 82757.50
    THEOCALOT Call  4500.00 15000.00 67696.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  45012.50 60012.50 0.00
    button Fold     
    sbCall  42012.50 102025.00 25683.50
    sbShow
    • J
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• J

sb Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 6s 102025.00  127708.50
    ----------

The day ended on a much better note.

I said after the last UKOPs that although the 4 horses I'd backed had had disappointing series, I'd love to get their action again next time if possible.

Unfortunately, due to various reasons, mainly the awkward time of year for many, 3 of the 4 were unable to commit to playing.

That meant I could invest more than usual in the 1 that could play. It worked out great as he managed a final table in the biggest event of the series last night to net himself, and myself a handsome payout! :)

----------

Twitch streamer of the day.

Just come accross this guy 4 tabling 200nl cash.

My head spins listening to him explain his thoughts, thinks so quickly and deeply, levels ahead of me!

Such a great resource to have access to, for free!

http://www.twitch.tv/adrianfenixx
  • edited December 2014
    I'm currently in a $1r turbo mtt on another site where players need a webcam to play.

I don't think this picture needs any words. :D

Then this....

And this.....

<3 Poker. 
  • edited December 2014
    Hahahaha... that guys face is class!
  • edited December 2014
    I'm currently in a $1r turbo mtt on another site where players need a webcam to play. I don't think this picture needs any words. :Dhttp://gyazo.com/cdefd3a656cd8de60c151574e5bbbbe1 Then this.... http://gyazo.com/e6f56e535f218faf244636413be24dcb And this..... http://gyazo.com/2d2f10b143f3f58e3206b27a09ef462e <3 Poker. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Is it strip- poker?   If so you'll have a head start surely? I heard you always play in your boxers??  ;-))

• edited December 2014
    Hi JJ, I am very impressed that this diary is still going, after not looking at this forum for over a year!

Gl mate :)
  • edited December 2014
    I'm currently in a $1r turbo mtt on another site where players need a webcam to play. I don't think this picture needs any words. :Dhttp://gyazo.com/cdefd3a656cd8de60c151574e5bbbbe1 Then this.... http://gyazo.com/e6f56e535f218faf244636413be24dcb And this..... http://gyazo.com/2d2f10b143f3f58e3206b27a09ef462e <3 Poker. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

This made me laugh, must play more of these