You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited August 2015
    This is a new player, never seen from hero before. The only information we had was that he limped behind on the flop, and called two streets and donk bet pot on the river. We can't make any assumptions other than he is most likely a fun player. To suggest when he donks pot on the river his "full house combos go way up" needs some serious backing up to get through - it's a claim that has absolutely nothing to back it up. If anything, it's a mental leak from you guys thinking villain has the nuts when the pot size is used. The truth is it's your selective memory only remembering times when you were beat, and you don't recall quite as accurately all of the time he has AT-AQ here. 

Now, with the information we have seeing the result of the hand, we know he limped A3o. That also means he likely has A2-Qo or something, and if he's capable of limp/calling A3o then he's almost certainly capable of calling the flop 1/2 pot cbet with A high and 2 overs, with or without a bdfd. 
  • edited August 2015
    When lacking in any reads we can use population reads to make a decision. Someone that limp/calls and then check/calls twice is often a passive player. And on sky my population read is lots of players are polarized with large bet sizing. I'm not sure why it is my statement that needs backing up and not yours? I can't remember the last time I saw a pot bet on the river from a fairly passive player that wasn't the nuts or bluff. 

Going back to the information we have - yes, we know villain is capable of limp/calling weak hands but it doesn't prove that he's going to pot river with them. Mostly a passive player is betting somewhere between half and 3/4 pot when going for "thin" value. And that's when they decide to bet them. It's a spot that a lot of passive players would check again.
  • edited August 2015

Morning. 

Solid weekend so far, the formalities were taken care of at Trent Bridge, Donny earnt what could be an invaluable point against Bury (sigh), and I've won a few buyins on the tables. 

Want to post a couple of hands from unibet, but they seem to be anti - C&P. Going to have to type which auto cuts down the audience by 73% but hopefully i'll get 1 or 2 replies. 

Both 10nl 

-----

1)

Multi tabling (assuming) regular is the villain. It's hard to build up any reads or create dynamics with opponents from session to session because they allow you to change your alias whenever you like. Of course it makes sense for anyone half decent to do this frequently, so I'll have probably played this guy a fair bit but I don't know about it. 

So I'm readless, aside from I'm playin 4 tables, he's on all 4, and he seems TAGGISH. 

Table is playing 4 handed.

Villain 3x utg off 100xbb 

Hero calls in the small blind w/ QdQs also 100xbb

2 ways to the flop....

9d 7s 6h

Hero checks

Villain bet 52c into 0.65c

Hero calls. 

Turn is the 6d.

Hero checks. 

Villain bets €1.30 

Hero calls. 

River is 6c   (board now 9d 7s 6h 6d 6c)

Villain bets €2.17 into a pot of around €4.20 

Hero ? 

------------------------

2)

UTG is the key player here. 

Again no reads, he's only on 2 of my 4 tables and is playing under 100xbb.

1 hand with him so far, he defend bb v my btn open w/ A9, x/c TJx rainbow, and we checked down blank 2 ott and 9 otr.

He won.

UTG opens 3xbb playing €6.60ish

Hero calls utg+1 w/ 6h6d playing 100xbb

Big blind peels also 100xbb

8c Tc 4h

BB checks. 
    UTG checks.
    I check (?)

Turn - 5h

BB checks
    UTG now bets €0.60 into a pot of €0.95
    I call (?)
    BB folds. 

River = 2s

UTG overbet shoves all in for €5.86 into a pot of around €2.10

ME ? 

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Morning.   Donny earnt what could be an invaluable point against Bury (sigh),

Arguably, should have been 3 points.......

http://www.noodls.com/view/599E84CE2ACCDE4A4B57DAC539F0DF7D96E1371E?2641xxx1439068578

Quite a nice story, but the inner cynic in me could not help but smile at this.....

"....Paul put football into a good place with his sportsmanship today because if you lose morality the game has no substance for me......" 
  • edited August 2015
    1. call - he was utg opener and although you have under-repped your hand you haven't tested his strength either. stick to the lower variance lines while working on your mental game.
    2. fold - could mean anything - again stay lower variance until you have more info on him
  • edited August 2015
    Posted a longish reply about 2 and forgot I hadn't logged in lol! In short, I fold cause we won't be getting exploited by folding in this spot.

Hand 1 is a shove IMO. 9x and TT/JJ aren't folding and he has more combos of these than the hands that beat us especially with his smaller sizing (you'd expect KK/AA to go bigger knowing that most people would find it hard in your shoes to fold 9x or TT-QQ)
  • edited August 2015
    Arguably, should have been 3 points.......

http://www.noodls.com/view/599E84CE2ACCDE4A4B57DAC539F0DF7D96E1371E?2641xxx1439068578

Quite a nice story, but the inner cynic in me could not help but smile at this.....

"....Paul put football into a good place with his sportsmanship today because if you lose morality the game has no substance for me......" 

-----------

Yeah the irony in that comment is plentiful.

The turn of events was pretty 'standard' though, as I had backed Donny. Watching the scoreline come through with Jeff I thought it was a great start to the seasons punting. 93rd minute winner.

The best way to get a bet up.

Woops.

I can only think Bates must've had the Forrester 1st goal, 1-1 scorecast or something.

Maybe it's time to 'request a bet' on Donny either missing out on promotion or safety by 2 or less points. It can't lose now.

-----------

Thanks for the strat replies Geldy & Ivan. I'll leave the results off for another day or so and see if there's anymore replies.

---------

Just results for tonight....

The 'poker' part of the weekend didn't go as well as I'd hoped. (does it ever?)

Lots of little things got in the way, I've got a sore gum with wisdom teeth issues which is playing up on and off, and I've also felt extremely tired, even more than usual. It actually got me really down at 1 point, I'm fighting rly hard to try and work hard and improve on and off the table and it just makes an already hard task so much harder.

Often all I want to do is sleep. And often that's what I end up doing! :/

It'd just be so nice to have a break from being shattered 24/7.

Meh it's already more than 'just results'.

Man up doh.

So It was a winning weekend. I'd approximate I got about 2 hours in on Saturday and 3ish today. So it's ok.

Yesterday I played 100% on unibet @ 10nl and won €59.

Today I mixed in some sky, and ended +£13 here, and -€4 over thiya.

Making the total for the weekend + £52

And the new challenge roll stands at £830.

---

On the table, yesterday went really well. About as good as you could expect 2 hours of cash poker to go.

Today it felt like I ran into it a lot.

3bet pots are an area of concern.

I think I made a few mistakes in them today which cost me stacks.

Here is 1 where I may or may not have ballsed up. What do you think?

Do we shove the turn?

I think this guy is a semi reg at 10nl. I've seen his name a little bit, but don't have much on him. Maybe just standard 10nl tag type player.

Has 3b me a couple of times this session though when I've given credit and folded. Thought it was a decent set-up to defend on this occasion.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxx Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.43
    BAGGPUSS Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.01
      Your hole cards
    • K

dave85 Fold     
    restart Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £10.01
    xxx Raise  £0.95 £1.40 £9.48
    BAGGPUSS Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.05 £3.45 £7.96
    xxxCall  £1.35 £4.80 £8.13
    Flop

• Q

xxxCheck     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.22 £7.02 £5.74
    xxxCall  £2.22 £9.24 £5.91
    Turn

xxxCheck     
    DOHHHHHHH

Back tomorrow I suppose! zzzzz GN.
  • edited August 2015
    all day every day
    or are you planning on folding?
  • edited August 2015

Well I'm in position, so I think the question is does he ever fold? And how often? And how often do we need him to fold to be able to shove?

I'm not sure on any of the above questions. 

We can't successfully semi-bluff if we never get folds so there's an option to just check behind and try to hit?

And then ofc fold the river to leads when we miss. 

But I dunno :/ 
  • edited August 2015

Pretty standard jam imo...

Fold equity against 10's J's etc, blocking KQ combos and you still have 40% when he snaps AQ.

Good to see the diary back :)

• edited August 2015
    I must have been paying attention to all the posts Ivan has made on my clinic posts because I agree with his view on the first 2 hands.  Jam QQ because we've under-repped all the way and fold the 6s.

I think there is some value in hero-calling the 6s as the overbet does look very bluffy. But then so few people seem to shove bluff at the lower limits that it just feels like 67 or A3 are way more likely here (not betting bigger on the turn as they would have taken a weaker line on the river if a flush comes in).

Either way I don't think enough randoms bluff shove at this level to make it worth calling down 3rd pair.

I'm not sure it's the right play, but I quite often chuck in a protecion value bet when in position on these sort of boards (on the flop), overs and flush draws likely to call.  Can then potentially underbet the turn for same reasons and control the pot to stop people stabbing river and giving you a more awkward decision to call or not.  Accept that others would say checking down is preferable to prevent bloating the pot with a weak 1 pair hand.

K7 hand - Probably the weak-tight fish in me but I'm not sure how much value there is in 4b bluffs at the micros?  Meh in play I 99% shove turn with the added equity and be happy if they fold AK/JJ/TT or even sigh-fold AQ... but don't suppose it's the worst the thing to check behind and consider giving up when they are likely to be on such a small range.
  • edited August 2015
    1. call - he was utg opener and although you have under-repped your hand you haven't tested his strength either. stick to the lower variance lines while working on your mental game. 2. fold - could mean anything - again stay lower variance until you have more info on him
    Posted by GELDY
    Forgot to reply to this in my post but the fact he opened UTG is kinda irrelevant given it was actually the CO in a 4 handed game! 
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Forgot to reply to this in my post but the fact he opened UTG is kinda irrelevant given it was actually the CO in a 4 handed game! 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    oops - didn't spot that - good point
  • edited August 2015

Crud day. Reallyyyyyyyyyyyy Crud. 

crud
    krʌd/
    noun
    informal
    noun: crud; plural noun: cruds
    1. 1.
      a substance which is considered unpleasant or disgusting, typically because of its dirtiness.
      "use a good soap compound to remove accumulated crud"
      • heavy snow on which it is difficult to ski.
        "there's no way I can ski crud"
    2. 2.
      nonsense.
      "the usual crud which passes itself off as a smart twenty-something comedy"
    3. 3.
      a contemptible person.

I thought it just meant cr ap :/ 

Felt auwful for most of the day. After sleeping a full 8 hours I woke up, ate, and an hour later had to go for a nap.

Things picked up abit later and I tried my luck on all 3 sites. 

No joy anywhere. 

- £5  (not sure if that includes a rakeback boost, probably does)

- €7

+ $5

^^^^ looks like I played 5 mins on each site with those results. Unfortunately was abit more than that 

Total = - £7 

Roll = £823

----------------

Few hands to clear up as I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats refreshing this every 2 minutes waiting to find out. 

The QQ I just x/called the river. 

He had Jacks. Or Tens. 

The 66 I called. I was pretty chuffed with how I read that hand. I'm surprised alot of people are saying fold because on reflection I don't think it's that tough a call. 

The only hand he can have really is TT and does he check that (or any set/overpair) back 3 ways on the wet flop and then just flat the turn? 

Does he ever play Tx like this? 

With the soakingness of the turn I just expect him to raise all his strong hands. Then the spack river jam is just bizarre. Think it's a fairly easy call. 

----

And the K7dd, we jammed and missed v QQQ. 

"3betcbetbarrell2lose"

----

On to tomorrow...... 

• edited August 2015
    Huh, I'm confused? You say you expect villain to raise turn in hand 2 with any strong hands, but he was the one who bet, no?
  • edited August 2015

shiiiiiiiiiiiiugar...

Yeh, sorry. 

Just finished a session, and am very tired. And the hand was a few days ago so my mental recollection of it isn't great.

I didn't even mention what he had!

I'm doubting if he bet, or I bet now. 

I was looking at the HH as I was typing it out so it must be right. 

He had KQss, so didn't even have a flush draw. 

Apologies to anyone who put time into replying to that hand, it seems I've made a h-ash of it. Will stick to pasting actual hands in future. 

Need sleep desperately!  :)

• edited August 2015

Resultzzzzz

- £2

- €1

Enthralling stuff so far.

+ $48 :)

Swings at the end!

Total = + £26

Roll = £849

-------------

Had alot of mental struggles today. 

I was getting frustrated and angry which on top of the ever-present tired and dizzyness wasn't making for very good grinding conditions. 

I mentioned last summer I had a load of blood tests which flagged up high iron levels.  

The knock on effects of this were symptoms like tiredness and fatigue. 

Doctors blamed the high iron on high alcohol. 

As I'm almost 14 weeks dry now I'm going to get in touch and see if this can possibly still be the cause, and if not, what tf is. It's having such a huge negative impact on pokerz. Can't really go on like this at the higher limits, need to be get in a spot where I'm feeling great going in to every grind. 

Cant wait to see what that's like :)

Back the'morra. 

• edited August 2015

Happy football day! :)

It's been a slow few days on the challenge roll.

I have played abit on a 4th site 'off roll' where there's no pressure :)

But returned to the challenge roll yesterday on all 3 sites and booked 3 wins, the highlight being +£50 on here. 

Poker is such a weird game mentally, I'm experiencing new emotions now that I'm playing 'properly' for the first time in years. 

It's tempting to log in here and say I've improved, I'm playing alot better and feeling more confident in most situations.

But it's probably just because I'm winning.

It's really hard to stay grounded and identify your true level of performance whether you are winning or losing. But it's so crucial to do so. 

I believe even some very experienced players over-estimate their ability all the time, and also under-estimate how tough the game is. Finding that level of self awareness (ironic coming from me) at the poker table is really important imo.

-------

Anyway, got a couple of hands that've caused alot of debate between me and friends over the last couple of days. 

I'm in a small group of friends with some really good players. We disagree alot of the time. It's another difficult thing to judge, how much I should use their advice, and advice I receive from various other places on the internet. And how much I should go with what I feel. 

It causes me alot of frustration as I can't and don't think I ever will be able to find the right balance. 

The hands. 

1)  (Hero is PeteGibbons99)

The open raiser, corpen_d is really loose and aggressive. Probably bad aggressive. He has previously overcalled an open, then peeled my 3b squeeze with AQ, floated Kxx rainbow, then jammed over my turn barrell 100xbb effective on a blank Tx with just a gutshot. 

The main villain who we get to the river with seems a very solid regular, bordering on 'nit' (although I'm trying to stop using that term to class players, he really is)

For those of you farmiliar with HUD stats, panForex is playing 12/12 over 100 hands exactly. 

Our agro friend is 25/24 with a 3bet of 22% (6 out of 27)

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ks Qc ]

lmbf1 folds
    corpen_d raises [$0.30 USD]
    leaffan_66 folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.30 USD]
    Raise_ folds
    PanForex calls [$0.20 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, 2s, 3s ]
    PanForex checks
    corpen_d checks
    PeteGibbons99 checks

** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
    PanForex checks
    corpen_d checks
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$0.60 USD]
    PanForex calls [$0.60 USD]
    corpen_d folds

** Dealing River ** [ Jd ]
    PanForex checks
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$1.20 USD]
    PanForex raises [$3.90 USD]

(spoiler in pic)

2) It's important to note here that we are 150xbb effective with the opening raiser. 

He is playing 22/17 over 160 hands, and has opened utg 3 times out of 11 oppertunities. (cb 7/11 times overall)

(Plz ignore the stats if you don't understand them, I don't really understand them either but some might)

The other 2 players that call pre flop look fishy over small samples. 

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  4s 4c ]
    DrummerFace raises [$0.30 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.30 USD]
    Wolfik98 folds
    HackTheGame folds
    Rose69 calls [$0.25 USD]
    Izmeginatajs calls [$0.20 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, 4d, Ah ]
    Rose69 checks
    Izmeginatajs checks
    DrummerFace checks
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
    Rose69 checks
    Izmeginatajs checks
    DrummerFace bets [$0.76 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$2.20 USD]
    Rose69 folds
    Izmeginatajs folds
    DrummerFace raises [$5.04 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$3.60 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 7h ]
    DrummerFace bets [$9.12 USD]
    PeteGibbons99  ?????????

-------

Had the eye test on Thursday. 

I was hoping the optician would find something wrong which may be contributing to my tiredness

He didn't. Vision and back of the eye is fine. 

Althought he did notice some dryness on the actual eye and reccommended some standard eye drops.

I'm currently sat typing this with an eye patch on after using them for the first time and waking up with 1 stinging like mad. 

Really is true that if it int brok' dunt fix it !

Same with dentists. Go in for a checkout feeling fine, there's a pretty good chance you'll walk out with toothache. 

------

Skybet treble today looks good. 

SPURS v stoke
    SWANSEA v newcastle
    WEST HAM v leicester

I wrote the fixtures to the 'poker friends' I mentioned earlier, and asked them what they thought would be a fair price for all 3 to win. 

1 replied 3/1
    The other 11/2

I then linked them to the offer where skybet are laying 10/1 the treble. 

Neither (afaik) has had a single penny on since. 

Just goes to show they don't always take the best line when it comes to +ev decisions and maybe I should be abit more single minded in poker ;)

--------

Challenge Bankroll is peakingggg @ £906.

Looking up at 20nl now, big boy sh!t! This is where I start to meet the pros. 

uhoh. :/ 

Enjoy the sport and poker this weekend. 

• edited August 2015
    Looking at both these hands I really don't know why you are checking flop? At higher stakes it's for sure important to balance with sometimes checking strong hands on the flop but at the stakes your playing I'm really not worried about balance.

Anyway hand 1 OTT I would be betting much bigger: at least pot. I like to mix in overbets when my range seems like it should be capped and also where opponents have shown weakness so if I'm bluffing with overbets in this spot I certainly want to be bluffing with my value hands. However, again - with it being 10nl balance in these spots isn't that important. And if you haven't been using overbets most people will just assume they are strong and you'll probably be missing out on value from a smaller (but still substantial) pot sized bet. Only way to find out how they react to overbets is to start making them though so I might make it 1.3-1.5x pot.

River I would size larger too... at least 75% pot and think folding to the raise is fine/standard.

Second hand again just bet flop! This one's a must bet :) Turn is fine. River - what's the question? I don't think folding is ever an option but it's pretty much AI anyway so raising isn't really a qn (might as well stick the rest in) - 
  • edited August 2015

Oh yeh I forgot to mention the flop check in hand 2 is definitely a mistake.

I was rushed playing too many tables again and thought it was a HU pot. Very bad mistake by me. 

I'm wondering what you think he can have in hand 2?

When he checks the flop and then takes such a strong line on the turn isn't it always going to be 888?

---

The flop check in hand 1 was intentional due to the player types. I wanted to give the lag player an oppertunity to do something silly on the turn with his weak range, and the nit in the big blind I didn't expect to get much/any value from whatever line I took.

It's probably bad, but there was at least a reason for it. Whereas the check in hand 2 is just terrible :(

• edited August 2015
    Just taken a small punt on the price boost (sorry for the jinx effect)
  • edited August 2015
    I called both above hands...

Hand 1 he had ATss

Hand 2 he had 88

Both really obvious after the event. 

--------------------

G'morning. 

Not much to write home about this week on the felt. 

Played a few wee bits, the roll is at £918.47.

I've set myself a mini challenge this weekend (now until I go to sleep sometime Monday am) to play 20 hours of cash poker solely on skypoker.com. 

I will be trying to play 10nl as much as possible, then if it isn't available mix in 8nl and then 4nl. 

Updates to follow sporadically over't'weekend. 

----

There may be some HU fans still reading this as it started off a HU sng diary. 

Check out the HU comp being run by the Phantom on the forum. 

Thread here:

--------------

gl to all playing both online and at the UKPC. 
  • edited August 2015

Really poor day yesterday.

You can see from the report that I tried several times to get something going, but just felt too tired/ill each time. 

Was definitely the best play to just stop altogether, prevent any roll damage, and get an early night. 

Session 1, Begin 10am end 11am    +£3.67

Session 2, Start 12.40pm End 1.10pm  +£3.48

Session 3  Start 5.45 End 6.45 +£7.82

Session 4 Start 7.22pm  End 8.30pm -£4.73

Woke up feeling even worse than yesterday but a cold shower and early grind may get things going. 

If it doesn't work out, could be another half hour session incoming :(

---

3h 38 mins completed yesterday, not bad for a terrible day but not good when aiming for 20h in 3 days. 

It's still possible, lets go :)
  • edited August 2015
    have you been the doctors m8 if you,re always tired you need to see someone
  • edited August 2015

Yeh stoke I've been in touch a lot with the doctor last summer. I had at least 6/7 lots of blood tests which continued to give unsatisfactory results, and was referred to a haematologist around 10 months ago. Still waiting for an appointment.

Just felt like I was getting nowhere so gave up in the end.

It was alright when I was drinking because the alcohol was like a self medication. It masked a lot of the lethargy.

Meh, maybe ring them again during the week or summat. Get told there's nowt wrong again :(.

------

Weekend 10nl grind update.

Well off the pace.

Yesterday I tried again and failed again to get something going during the day.

Despite a full nights sleep again I had to take a nap after the football around 5pm coz I was too tired. Didn't wake until 9.30pm! Ooooops.

So a lot of time was lost, however I did manage to power through and play a late session which has given me a glimmer of hope going into the final day of the challenge.

Session 1 Start 8.52am End 9.40am +£5.15
    Session 2 Start 11.24am End 12.15pm +£2.26Session 3 Start 10.05pm End 00.05am +£3.58Session 4 Start 00.17am End 1.45am -£10.63

Total hours for the day = 5h 7mins

Total for the 3 day weekend = 8h 45mins

Total required before I go to sleep tonight = 11h 15 mins.

Very unlikely given how I've been feeling, but I'll give it a shot.

Disappointing results £££££ wise too.

Keep winning tonnes of small pots and then losing the hands where we play for stacks.

The rake is hideous too.

I will get rofl'd at no doubt but I'm pretty sure a lot of nl10 tables are unbeatable with the 7.5% rake. If they are beatable winrates will be small.

Table selection is important.

'On the positives' it's going to make the mental transition to 20nl easier.

'Only' 5% rake will make such a big difference.

This is the most interesting spot I could remember from yesterday...

Villain seems fairly solid/abc.

He has got 100xbb in pre with QQ against me before for 100 blinds.

This never even used to be noteworthy as it was very standard 3/4 years ago but with the games now it's definitely an exception to the norm.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepopeye374 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £2.58 DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.13   Your hole cards 7 8       deller05 Fold     xxxRaise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.55 Lawson1987 Fold     bearshark Fold     popeye374 Fold     DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.85 £1.30 £11.28 xxxCall  £0.65 £1.95 £8.90 Flop    J 10 9       DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.20 £3.15 £10.08 xxxCall  £1.20 £4.35 £7.70 Turn    10       DOHHHHHHH Check     xxx Bet  £2.18 £6.53 £5.52 DOHHHHHHH

Thoughts?

gl on the sunday 'grizzy' .
  • edited August 2015
    The rake is hideous too. I will get rofl'd at no doubt but I'm pretty sure a lot of nl10 tables are unbeatable with the 7.5% rake. If they are beatable winrates will be small. Table selection is important. 'On the positives' it's going to make the mental transition to 20nl easier. 'Only' 5% rake will make such a big difference. This is the most interesting spot I could remember from yesterday... Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Agreed.  Jumping off tables when you find 4-5 nitty regs have sat down is imperative if you're to beat the rake. Are never likely to have enough of an edge against even the worst regs (ok, maybe against me) to be a long term winning game.

re: the hand, not sure I want to be 3-betting here unless I am expecting to get a lot of folds.

Pretty spew spot when board pairs but then a decent reg may well be stabbing 1/2 pot with semi/bluffs here after floating turn... as well as figuring that things like AT could be betting for value.

What is an ABC call 3b range here though?  99-QQ, AT+, T9s+, KJ and maybe a few other pairs and suited connectors and perhaps a slow played AA.  QQ/AA and Jx hands probably check back turn, so either crushed or facing Tx (other than T9/TJ) or AK/AQ (assuming they wouldn't float if they had called 3b with weaker hands).

In play I almost certainly call and hope river is c/c (sigh call if river is blank)... because I'm a weak fish... but thinking it over there is probably a good case for folding given how much of oppos range has us drawing dead. Turn may have even helped us dodge a cold KQ shaped bullet.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : What is an ABC call 3b range here though?  99-QQ, AT+, T9s+, KJ and maybe a few other pairs and suited connectors and perhaps a slow played AA.  Posted by shakinaces
    I've had many a debate with friends about this kind of thing recently and everytime we disagree.

They would probably offer up a similar range to what you have suggested when in reality it's probably just stuff like 99/TT/JJ/QQ/AK/AQs.

Maybe I gave the guy too much credit saying he's abc too. He's probably still way too tight, he's just not 'as' tight as some.

They say playing players with really narrow ranges is easy, and I agree, but not when I'm always assigning them wider ranges than they ever have.

I'm not going to say it's easier to play better players because that's absurd and I'll get owned in a totally different way, but it's really tough to actually believe that their ranges are so narrow time and time again and play accordingly.

If I was to sum up my recent experiences at micro stakes I'd definitely say it's a battle with yourself rather than against the other players.

In the hand I check/shoved, mainly due to the stack sizes, and the fact I was a fish and couldn't look beyond my own hand.

I think he just 'knuckles back' and takes the equity with all the stuff I can beat, and he doesn't have any pure floats/bluffs either.

I was drawing dead v Jacks.

-----------

20h Weekend Challenge final report.

We failed.

Miserably.

I woke up Sunday feeling ok, played an hour, then hit the biggest wall of tiredness yet. Couldn't even keep my eyes open.

Was horrible because due to the heat/humidity I couldn't sleep either.

Indonmia !

Total For weekend = 9 Hours 50 Minutes of volume for a total of - £1.02

So yah, don't even know what I can say about that.

So I wont try.

------------

Played an impromptu mtt session last night.

Around 10 mtts with an average buyin of around £1.50

I was approaching the money in the £2r turbo, with £100 for the winner, then played this hand for a top 3 stack with 15 left.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancereverend22 Small blind  600.00 600.00 31823.00 jondabar Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 5740.50   Your hole cards 6 A       pedros99 Fold     DOHHHHHHH Raise  2400.00 4200.00 21174.00 alanna701 Call  2400.00 6600.00 23015.00 reverend22 Fold     jondabar Fold     Flop    6 7 6       DOHHHHHHH Bet  2400.00 9000.00 18774.00 alanna701 Call  2400.00 11400.00 20615.00 Turn    J       DOHHHHHHH Bet  6000.00 17400.00 12774.00 alanna701 Call  6000.00 23400.00 14615.00 River    9       DOHHHHHHH All-in  12774.00 36174.00 0.00 alanna701 Call  12774.00 48948.00 1841.00 DOHHHHHHH Show 6 A    alanna701 Show J J    alanna701 Win Full House, Jacks and 6s 48948.00  50789.00

Was a wee bit demoralising!

But did 'ship' a gold medal on 888 :)

http://i.imgur.com/bDVDY2N.png

Roll is at £933 going in to today.

I have no idea what the plan is going forward with game selection or volume.

Apart from the last thing I want to load up when I log on to the PC is 10nl on skypoker.

gl to everyone on the grind this week.
  • edited August 2015
    I know exactly what you mean about playing against nitty regs, that's why I jumped over to omaha :P I used to be a massive donk against them - winning tons of small pots but then spewing against them trying to get them to fold strong hands. These days the few times I play omaha I'm just m-r pre an absolute ton and then being very selective in my 2 and 3 barrel ranges.

I don't like the pf play either - quite happy to just flat this hand and see a flop. Once you 3b and flop a straight I'm c/r here I think just cause it's a board like you said that will hit his range a fair bit and with quite a few potential scare cards that can come by the river I want to GII by the turn. As played I think you have to c/c turn and re-eval river. 
  • edited August 2015
    Please beat the sh*te out of your doctor and get him to treat you seriously. 
    It's an easy excuse to blame things on excess alcohol and often is correct. But the new you negates all that. Life is tough enough as it is without having to suffer unnecessarily. Insist absolutely that they sort you out now. Agree to a billion tests if necessary. 

Do it

Now

Please