You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2016

Cheers guys, I did the 5 mile time trial on Tuesday, and finished 10th of 46 runners with an actual ime of 42 minutes and a handicap time of 53 minutes. 

It was a fun event, but apparentlty with it being the first 'time trial' of the year, there was alot of guesswork with the handicaps, and next week when we run again they should be more accurate.

I set off in a group of 9, all with similar 5k PBs to me, and I won our mini race by around 45 seconds, so I was happy with that.

Anyway I took yesterday off running to rest the foot, and the legs. I just went swimming and ticked over with a steady 30 lengths. And today I took the day off until 6.30 when I went back to the running club and did a steady 6 mile run at 10 mins per mile.

The foot is still dodgy, but with the half marathon being a week on Sunday I don't see what option I have but to power through.

The only endurance run I've done since the last half marra was a 10 miler about 10 days ago iirc.

I feel like I need to do at least that again, possibly on Monday? After Park Run Saturday?

And days off tomorrow and Sunday. 

Then wind down from Tuesday onwards next week. 

---

I've been feeling really really low this week.

The tiredness issue has beaten me, I've spent alot of time sleeping, or lazing about, everything has seemed like a huge effort, from taking a shower, to cooking a proper meal, to walking the dogs etc.

I don't know if it's just fatigue variance, or it has anything to do with coming off the depression pills, but it's been a really tough week and I have not enjoyed it. 

Just have to keep battling ....
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to xxx:
    Cheers guys, I did the 5 mile time trial on Tuesday, and finished 10th of 46 runners with an actual ime of 42 minutes and a handicap time of 53 minutes.  It was a fun event, but apparentlty with it being the first 'time trial' of the year, there was alot of guesswork with the handicaps, and next week when we run again they should be more accurate. I set off in a group of 9, all with similar 5k PBs to me, and I won our mini race by around 45 seconds, so I was happy with that. Anyway I took yesterday off running to rest the foot, and the legs. I just went swimming and ticked over with a steady 30 lengths. And today I took the day off until 6.30 when I went back to the running club and did a steady 6 mile run at 10 mins per mile. The foot is still dodgy, but with the half marathon being a week on Sunday I don't see what option I have but to power through. The only endurance run I've done since the last half marra was a 10 miler about 10 days ago iirc. I feel like I need to do at least that again, possibly on Monday? After Park Run Saturday? And days off tomorrow and Sunday.  Then wind down from Tuesday onwards next week.  --- I've been feeling really really low this week. The tiredness issue has beaten me, I've spent alot of time sleeping, or lazing about, everything has seemed like a huge effort, from taking a shower, to cooking a proper meal, to walking the dogs etc. I don't know if it's just fatigue variance, or it has anything to do with coming off the depression pills, but it's been a really tough week and I have not enjoyed it.  Just have to keep battling ....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I,m no doctor but it does sound like the effects of coming of these tablets. Have you come off them gradually and did you discuss it with your GP on how to reduce . It should only be temporary and get better with time especially if you keep up the excersise
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: xxx:
    In Response to xxx : I,m no doctor but it does sound like the effects of coming of these tablets. Have you come off them gradually and did you discuss it with your GP on how to reduce . It should only be temporary and get better with time especially if you keep up the excersise
    Posted by MP33
    Hi MP, yea I went back to the doctors 9 days ago and we discussed coming off them. She agreed it was the right time, and she gave me instructions on how to reduce.

So far I've just gone from 40mg pills to 20mg over the last 9 days. I have 5 more days of that before going to 20mg every other day for a week, then 1 week of 20mg every third day.

At that point she wants to see me again to assess what's going on.

I guess it's all trial and error. 

Yesterday was more of the same, I slept 11pm (Thurs) until 9am Fri. 

I woke and had dinner then slept 1.30pm until 5.30pm,

Woke and had tea, then slept 10.30pm until 5.45am. 

Alot of sleep.

It's 1 way to rest the foot I guess :)

---

At least it's the weekend, and park run this morning.

Not exactly itching to get out there but I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I do, and feel good that I've managed to do it in the circumstances.

It'll likely be the end of my PB sequence though :( 

• edited October 2016
    I am not a physio but when I used to need one in my youth, he said as a general rule if you have an aching pain you can train/play through it. If you have a stabbing pain. STOP!.

Might be worth getting it checked out at a sports injury clinic if it persists, though alot of time the cure is rest.
  • edited October 2016

That's re-assuring phantom as it's certainly not a stabbing pain.

I wouldn't even describe it as a pain as such, just a little discomfort. 

It doesn't really matter if I do more damage as after the half marathon I can rest it up as much as I like. 

I have the 10k on the 19th Nov with Mel but I've got to the stage where a 10k is easy peasy, which is kind of mental given where I was. 

----

Park Run News...

We did itttttttttttttttt :)

10 PBs in a row from my first run onwards <3 

I feel more pleased about this achievement than the half marathon one, particuarly with how cr appy I've been feeling this week. 

Another 30 seconds off the PB, making it 1min 37 seconds off in the last fortnight, and 8 minutes 37 seconds off overall, over 25% of my initial time  :) 

I really wanted to get to 10 consecuative PBs, it feels lik a freeroll now as to how far I can go with it :) 

• edited October 2016
    I can offer no advice on feeling low, having a bad week, etc. But I do know for sure that running is a great way of improving your general happiness and sense of well being. It can also alleviate symptoms of depression and stuff like that too. So I'm pretty sure this week would have been even worse if you weren't a runner.

Congrats for yet another PB. You're already running these 5Ks at my current Half Marathon pace, 7m-50s per mile https://www.strava.com/activities/731858115 . Incredible progress. At this rate you'll be a faster runner than me sometime soon.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I can offer no advice on feeling low, having a bad week, etc. But I do know for sure that running is a great way of improving your general happiness and sense of well being. It can also alleviate symptoms of depression and stuff like that too. So I'm pretty sure this week would have been even worse if you weren't a runner. Congrats for yet another PB. You're already running these 5Ks at my current Half Marathon pace, 7m-50s per mile https://www.strava.com/activities/731858115 . Incredible progress. At this rate you'll be a faster runner than me sometime soon.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    It actually blows my mind that you can run at that pace for 13 miles.

I was hurting such a long way out today. For anyone to be able to keep that up for over 100 minutes, nevermind someone at the tender age of 50 is really amazing. 

I would say I doubt I'll ever get anywhere near that, but 12 months ago I'd have said the same thing about where I'm at now. 

• edited October 2016
    Afternoon, it's been a while! (Again)

The month is now #DONE for me poker-wise, so here's the scores on't doors. 

Sky = + £1,472.97   (points =5,177)

Bwin = -£16.30

Overall = +£1,456.67

Belting month, the kind of numbers I used to rack up on a regular basis 5 years ago when I was awful but everyone else was even worse.

---

My 2nd half marathon tomorrow, starts a really exciting 23 days for me. 

I can't wait to run tomorrow, get there nice an early and really enjoy the atmosphere, something I wasn't able to do last time for so many reasons. Ilness, pressure, charity money, car not starting, late to the start, no warm up, no ipod, no confidence that i could run 1 mile without needing the toilet nevermind 13 etc etc etc. 

None of that tomorrow. Me against the course, which is set in Clumber Park, really amazing surroundings :)

On Monday I go up to Scotland for a 7 day holiday, before returning home for 9 days to celebrate my Birthday here, then back to Scotland for another 4 days on the weekend of the 19th to run the Glentress 10k race at night, which I cannot wait for! 

So plenty of good times ahead.

It's been an up and down month off the tables for me, I've had some real low points but I've hung on in there and gotten out the other end just about ok. 

The battle will no doubt go on, on and off the tables, just got to keep grinding away, being defiant throughout the bad times and make the most of the good. 

Hope everyone can finish the month with a flourish, and go into November on a high!

Best of luck y'all :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• edited October 2016
    Gl for tommorow Dohhh - V.Nice profit for the month (Is that predominantly cash tables you,ve been playing?)
  • edited October 2016
    Gl for tommorow Dohhh - V.Nice profit for the month (Is that predominantly cash tables you,ve been playing?)
    Posted by MP33
    Cheers mate. 

Yea it's almost all 20/30nl cash on here. 

I play almost exclusively mornings between 6am and Midday due to my tiredness issue, as the day goes on I just get more and more drained. 

So that limits what tournaments I can play. I add in the £5.50 Turbo Bounty Hunters sometimes, but they are only £50 or £100 gtd, I think I've made about £80-100 of my profit on them. 

----

Just scoffing my pre run porridge.

Getting really excited.

Loaded up the Ipod.

Dido (of course), Oasis, Queen, The Beautiful South, Stereophonics and Savage Garden are the musicians charged with the task of keeping me going. 

Cya on't'other side :D 

• edited October 2016
    You sound very confident this time around. I'm looking forward to hearing about a shiny new Half Marathon PB in your next post.

Running well in poker as well as in the parks and on the streets, happy times :)
  • edited October 2016

2h, 12 mins and 46 seconds was my official chip time :)

So a new PB by just under 24 minutes! 

Im over the moon with that, loved every minute of it. 

There were lots more hills on this course than the previous one. Including a really steep one right at the start which took me a little by surprise. 

I must've overtakn 30-35 people on the sprint finish in front of all the crowds, it was such a great feeling.

And the best thing is I know I can go faster, because I was flying at the end. 

My fastest 'full mile' was the 13th, a full 30 seconds quicker than any of the other miles. 

Sub 2 hour half marathon in January 2017?? 

Vamos! :) 

• edited October 2016

Well done mate.
  • edited October 2016
    2h, 12 mins and 46 seconds was my official chip time :) So a new PB by just under 24 minutes!  Im over the moon with that, loved every minute of it. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

WELL DONE!!  It gives you quite a "buzz" when you take that much off. 
    Gary said you would soon be beating his times...
    plus..you've got youth on your side.  ;-))
  • edited October 2016
    LOL first time i been on forum in ages! i see you doing park runs. wtf is the world coming too obviously i didnt read all 80 pages just skipped to last 2 pages. Hola btw hope your good pal
  • edited November 2016

Good Morning all.

We're back from Scotland, where I had a very enjoyable week away doing nothing and eating and drinking trash. 

Despite running a half marathon on the Sunday, I managed to pile on half a stone.

I expected to let myself go abit but having no cooking facilities in the hotel combined with being a fat greedy gi T meant I just had no option but to eat tonnes and tonnes of horribly fattening stuff. 

My weight as of this morning was 15st 6lbs, down from the 19st 10lbs I was on new years day, but up from my low of 14st 8lbs!

I'm back up Scotland on the 18th to run the 10k race with Mel, and I'm setting a mini goal to weigh in @ 15st or lower on the day I drive up.

I have a birthday 'night out' (a gallon and a game of darts) between now and then but with good diet discipline and a load of moving I hope I can get there.

Really keen to get back playing poker too, I've missed it!!!!

The only problem with the above plan is I feel absolutely shocking. So so so so so tired all the time, I'm back at the doctors this week to discuss my meds as it's been a month since I started reducing my dose. 

It's hard work. Really hard work.

And yes I know my poor diet last week will be contributing but the decline started long before that.

We battle on! :)

Hope everyone is well, good luck in November :) xxxxx
  • edited November 2016
    Ohhh, my last post was a "hey im back from Scotland" post? :(

This one is too!

A lovely trip as ever, making lots of new friends up there, peoples sofas/spare rooms are way cheaper than hotels <3

However I had a look around and found a really nice 2 bedroom flat which is available to rent up there. 

The price, the area, the location, everything fits. 

The timing is quite awkward with Christmas though. 

I have a fortnight to decide but I'm leaning towards leaving it until the new year.

I've not had much of a Christmas for the last 6/7 years, so I wouldn't mind being at home with family this time and starting afresh in the new year. 

Who knows. 

----

Anyway the main reason for the post is I'm getting fat.

Fatter.

I need to do something about it.

I'm at around 15.8/15.9. 

Up over a stone from my lowest weigh in of 14.6st. 

It's bad, I need a challenge!!!!

Run 50 miles in a week, beginning tomorrow. 

The plan is to do 3 x 2.5 mile runs per day, but I could mix it up a little depending on how each run is going. Maybe add in park run (although that would certainly be the end of my PB streak), or go to running club.

The grind starts tomorrow morning, updates daily xxxxxxxx

• edited November 2016
    Hi JJ. Really pleased you seem to be enjoying life. Well done on the personal achievements, be it weight loss, pb on your running. 
    Here's where I get I bit naggy, just ignore or scroll down if you like :)

For me, balance is the key to a happy, healthy life.
    Reading through your previous posts you seem to have mentioned being off the booze, back on it, off it, binge a bit, eat healthy, pig out etc etc. I am no health nut nor am I medically trained....but...I am pretty sure this is not doing your body any good.
    Sure the walking and running helps with fitness, but inside must be taking a fair bit of battering, perhaps liken it to having a car in a garage for 6 months, bald tires, no mot, then filling up with petrol and blasting down the motorway somehow reaching your destination in super quick time, you got there in one piece but will the car be fit for the return journey? Were you lucky?
     Hope you take this in the good intention it is meant.
    Be safe, take care.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi JJ. Really pleased you seem to be enjoying life. Well done on the personal achievements, be it weight loss, pb on your running.  Here's where I get I bit naggy, just ignore or scroll down if you like :) For me, balance is the key to a happy, healthy life. Reading through your previous posts you seem to have mentioned being off the booze, back on it, off it, binge a bit, eat healthy, pig out etc etc. I am no health nut nor am I medically trained....but...I am pretty sure this is not doing your body any good. Sure the walking and running helps with fitness, but inside must be taking a fair bit of battering, perhaps liken it to having a car in a garage for 6 months, bald tires, no mot, then filling up with petrol and blasting down the motorway somehow reaching your destination in super quick time, you got there in one piece but will the car be fit for the return journey? Were you lucky?  Hope you take this in the good intention it is meant. Be safe, take care.
    Posted by tomgoodun

I'm hearing ya Tom. 

I'll be honest, the discipline this month has gone right out of the window. 

Half expected, as Ive had 2 'holidays' and a birthday inside 19 days, but I let it go too far.

One night I went out for a game of pool at 5pm and fell out of a taxi at 3am, probably the drunkest ive ever been in my life!

That's not going to go down well is it :o

----

The problem is I'm starting to get abit of a life back. 

And that doesn't sound like it should be a problem,

But it's hard to go out for a drink with mates and not drink, likewise its hard to go round to a friends for a takeaway and say "no beef chow mein and egg fried rice for me, im alright thanks. ill just nip through and knock myself up a kale smoothie".

Anyway, we're back focussed on diet and exercise now.

5 weeks between now and new year of hard grind on the tables and off em! 

Starting with the "Run 50 miles in 7 days" challenge

Day 1

Run 1 = 4.52 miles in 40 mins

Run 2 = 4.00 miles in 38 mins. 

Miles Completed = 8.52 / 50. 

Tough going ! 

----

FTAO Quickfeet, if you still have a nosey in here occasionally, if you can let me know if/when you want to play HU by posting here it will be easier for me to find :) 

GL all ganning into the weekend grind.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I'm hearing ya Tom.  I'll be honest, the discipline this month has gone right out of the window.  Half expected, as Ive had 2 'holidays' and a birthday inside 19 days, but I let it go too far. One night I went out for a game of pool at 5pm and fell out of a taxi at 3am, probably the drunkest ive ever been in my life! That's not going to go down well is it :o ---- The problem is I'm starting to get abit of a life back.  And that doesn't sound like it should be a problem, But it's hard to go out for a drink with mates and not drink, likewise its hard to go round to a friends for a takeaway and say "no beef chow mein and egg fried rice for me, im alright thanks. ill just nip through and knock myself up a kale smoothie". Anyway, we're back focussed on diet and exercise now. 5 weeks between now and new year of hard grind on the tables and off em!  Starting with the "Run 50 miles in 7 days" challenge Day 1 http://imgur.com/a/uJsai Run 1 = 4.52 miles in 40 mins Run 2 = 4.00 miles in 38 mins.  Miles Completed = 8.52 / 50.  Tough going !  ---- FTAO Quickfeet, if you still have a nosey in here occasionally, if you can let me know if/when you want to play HU by posting here it will be easier for me to find :)  GL all ganning into the weekend grind.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

1. Tut
    2. Yay
    3. TUT - HUFA thread for HUFA posts please! If the above works fine, but if it doesn't I wont be counting this post in the "making effort to play a fixture" judgement as to giving anyone an extension or dishing out walkovers.

Hopefully with a "disciplined" 3 days + abit to your deadline the fixture will be played. Also FindaPlayer is working.

• edited November 2016
    Understood Phantz!

Next time I shall confuct myself in a more apropriate manner. 

----

Big fail with the running yesterday.

I set out around 11am to do a 5 mile jog. 

A couple of miles in I started to feel really rubbish. Weak/shakey/tired.

This often happens when I run, and normally passes after an unpleasant minute or 2. 

But this time it got worse, I started to feel sick and dizzy too.

Then unfortunately, or maybe fortunately given how I was feeling, due to the paths through the woods being covered in leaves I ran over a big fat root and went over on my right ankle, and it HURT!

I dont think there's any damage done, but it gave me an excuse to stop. 

Having clocked only 2.5 miles I'm now way behind the pace, and it's going to be an uphill battle to hit the goal from here. 

Never say die! 

Day 1

Miles Completed = 8.52 / 50. 

Day 2

Run 1 = 2.5 miles in 24 mins 

Miles completed = 11.02 / 50. 

----

Busy Busy today.

Poker, running, eating, sleeping.

I saw Donny were at home to Orient, and having not been to the Keepmoat for 7 years I quite fancied it.

Then I found out it's £21 a ticket.

Now I don't fancy it anymore. 

GL all this weekend. 

• edited November 2016

Day 1

Day 2

Run 1 = 2.5 miles in 24 mins 

Day 3

Run 1 = 3.3 miles in 34.5 minutes

Run 2 = 5 miles in 48 minutes. 

---

Overall Miles completed = 19.32 / 50. 

----

Hard day today, 3 mile run sandwiched inbetween 2 x 3 hour sessions on the grind. 

Waking up from a 2 hour nap at 8pm, tired, hungry, aching, lethargic, feeling a little down too. Only 3 miles clocked for the day, and already well behind the pace on the 50 mile challenge.

In the circumstances, one of my best runs to date. 

I've arranged pool/darts and beers on Monday night, just a steady 5/6 pints, but it means Tuesday will be a day off. 

Not neccesserily a bad thing, as running 7 days in a row isn't adviseable anyway.

It makes tomorrow a massive day in the mini challenge though.

10 miles minimum required. 

Battling away!! 

• edited November 2016

Morning y'all. 

Confession time, the battle is over, and the challenge has been failed.

---

After Sundays 5 miler, I started to feel abit of soreness in the right side of my mush.

Come 4am Monday morning I woke up in quite severe pain, my mouth/face had swollen and I was in some of the worst pain I'd felt with toothache. 

I've spent the last 56 hours pumped full of strong painkillers, sleeping 15-16 hours per day. 

After treatment, the infection seems to be disappearing and the severe pain has subsided, just waiting on the swelling fully going now, another 36 hours of antibiotics/rest should do the trick.

But unfortunately, theres no time left to complete the 50 miles. 

Wouild I have gotten there if it werent for the tooth?

Probably not, I was up against it, but I'd have given it a bl00dy good go. 

----

I don't like failing challenges, especially ones I've set myself and believe are very do-able with good commitment.

So I'm going to attempt it again, provisionally from December 1st-7th, before heading up to Scotland again on the 8th. 

----

That's also me done for the month with poker. 

+£484.44

2624 Points. 

----

A very disjointed month due to the Scotland visits and birthday week squeezed inbetween, but thats a 2k (100 buyin) upswing on sky 20nl since the beginning of October whilst making < 8,000 points. 

I've ran off the chart good. 

We don't mind getting dealt KK v AA over and over again if we keep flopping our King. 

It just means skypoker owes me alot of AAs v KK in December :)

Which I'm hoping will be a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee month on and off the tables for me, can't wait to get going!

Best of luck to everyone trying to close out November on a high.

• edited December 2016

Morning JJ, you ok Bud?

Long time no hear, hope all is well.
  • edited January 2017
    PING DOHHHHHHH

Hope all's going well and Happy New Year.
  • edited January 2017

Happy New Year All.

December has been rough off the tables. Health, especially mental but also physical has deteriorated after attempting to come off the medication (under the advice of the doctor).

With that comes regression in weight/diet, drinking habits, exercise, anxiety, socialising etc etc.

Back on the meds now, starting to do bits of running and rebuilding things again.

I weighed in this morning at 15 stone 10 lbs, which is up just over a stone from my low weigh in of the year, but exactly 4 stone lighter than this time last year.

--

Poker summary for december...

Only played 4 sessions.

+60

+100

= - £130.

-----

No plans to play again anytime soon, focus on health in the short term.

Despite the blip at the end, 2016 was one of the best years of my life, and one i'll look back and be proud of.

I can't say that about many of my 30 years so far.

The high point was running my first half marathon and raising £750 for chairty, thanks almost exclusively to sky poker players. Thanks again to everyone who supported me with that, both with donations and encouragement throughout the training, it was agreat journey.

The next one starts today, hopefully it leads us back to a good place.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on and off the tables in 2017,

xxx
  • edited January 2017

Arrrfternoon all. 

First weigh in of the new year today and better news to report, I'm down from 15st 10.5 lbs to 15st 5.5 lbs, a loss of exact;y 5 pounds.

In the last 15 days I've....

Ran 51 miles. 

Walked 14.5 miles (structured exercise only)

and 

Swam 3 miles. 

Yet to get out on the bike this year, the cold weather and high winds make that the least appealling of the 3 cardio options, that'll come more in summer. 

No beer since Xmas day, and my diet is back to being super strict. 

I've discovered zero fat Greek Yoghurt, 50 cals per 100g, no fat or sat fat, and only 4g of sugar per 100g. 

Quite tasty, especially with fruit, and very filling!

No more late night toast/cereal :) 

----

Looking ahead at goals, I have an idea in the back of my mind to try and run a half marathon in each calander month of the year.

I don't know how realistic this is, but it'll ensure I can't drop off with my training/diet discipline at any point, or i'll fail. 

A tentative look around at January options for a proper organised half marathon hasn't proved very successful though.

Anyone know of anything?

Localised events are fine, I don't mind travelling either, although preferably not too far, so anywhere in the North of England/The Midlands, or even Southern Scotland where I can stay with friends?

Hope everyone has had a good start to the year on the poker tables, I'm yet to play a hand!

Enjoy your weekend X

• edited January 2017
    Arrrfternoon all.  First weigh in of the new year today and better news to report, I'm down from 15st 10.5 lbs to 15st 5.5 lbs, a loss of exact;y 5 pounds. In the last 15 days I've.... Ran 51 miles.  Walked 14.5 miles (structured exercise only) and  Swam 3 miles.  Yet to get out on the bike this year, the cold weather and high winds make that the least appealling of the 3 cardio options, that'll come more in summer.  No beer since Xmas day, and my diet is back to being super strict.  I've discovered zero fat Greek Yoghurt, 50 cals per 100g, no fat or sat fat, and only 4g of sugar per 100g.  Quite tasty, especially with fruit, and very filling! No more late night toast/cereal :)  ---- Looking ahead at goals, I have an idea in the back of my mind to try and run a half marathon in each calander month of the year. I don't know how realistic this is, but it'll ensure I can't drop off with my training/diet discipline at any point, or i'll fail.  A tentative look around at January options for a proper organised half marathon hasn't proved very successful though. Anyone know of anything? Localised events are fine, I don't mind travelling either, although preferably not too far, so anywhere in the North of England/The Midlands, or even Southern Scotland where I can stay with friends? Hope everyone has had a good start to the year on the poker tables, I'm yet to play a hand! Enjoy your weekend X
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi Doh, type in... Half marathon list..... Then cick on north. Theres one on the 22nd jan , in Inskip? Damn! Its closed for entries
    Its the site you need though.Theres one on Feb 5th in Forfar, is that fartofar?
    Obv that shouldve been click, cick is, well, you dont want to know.
    Scotland half maraton, motherwell, jan 15.  Brass monkey half marathon York jan 15.  Four village half marathon Helsby Jan 15
    Are you in shape DOH?

• edited January 2017
    Arrrfternoon all.  First weigh in of the new year today and better news to report, I'm down from 15st 10.5 lbs to 15st 5.5 lbs, a loss of exact;y 5 pounds. In the last 15 days I've.... Ran 51 miles.  Walked 14.5 miles (structured exercise only) and  Swam 3 miles.  Yet to get out on the bike this year, the cold weather and high winds make that the least appealling of the 3 cardio options, that'll come more in summer.  No beer since Xmas day, and my diet is back to being super strict.  I've discovered zero fat Greek Yoghurt, 50 cals per 100g, no fat or sat fat, and only 4g of sugar per 100g.  Quite tasty, especially with fruit, and very filling! No more late night toast/cereal :)  ---- Looking ahead at goals, I have an idea in the back of my mind to try and run a half marathon in each calander month of the year. I don't know how realistic this is, but it'll ensure I can't drop off with my training/diet discipline at any point, or i'll fail.  A tentative look around at January options for a proper organised half marathon hasn't proved very successful though. Anyone know of anything? Localised events are fine, I don't mind travelling either, although preferably not too far, so anywhere in the North of England/The Midlands, or even Southern Scotland where I can stay with friends? Hope everyone has had a good start to the year on the poker tables, I'm yet to play a hand! Enjoy your weekend X
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That's more like it!

A half marathon a month is very ambitious but, like you say, it will certainly keep you motivated.

I have also discovered the Greek yoghurt, it's great with strawberries and blueberries.

All the best mate and good luck
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hi Doh, type in... Half marathon list..... Then cick on north. Theres one on the 22nd jan , in Inskip? Damn! Its closed for entries Its the site you need though.Theres one on Feb 5th in Forfar, is that fartofar? Obv that shouldve been click, cick is, well, you dont want to know. Scotland half maraton, motherwell, jan 15.  Brass monkey half marathon York jan 15.  Four village half marathon Helsby Jan 15 Are you in shape DOH?
    Posted by chilling
    It depends what sort of shape you mean!

I'm abit like an oval shape at the moment. 

I think for a half marathon it'd have to be the last weekend in January, I'm getting there and improving quickly but anything else may be a little too soon for 13 miles. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I've looked at that site, (and others) but there isn't really anything suitible. 

I was hoping that there may be some more localised events, maybe in little towns or villages, that may not be advertised online. And I may be able to run along in one of them.

If anyone knows of anything, please let me know :)