You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : That's more like it! A half marathon a month is very ambitious but, like you say, it will certainly keep you motivated. I have also discovered the Greek yoghurt, it's great with strawberries and blueberries. All the best mate and good luck
    Posted by waller02
    I'm going to sound like a rite nerd here, but make sure you're on Greek yoghurt and not Greek Style yoghurt!

The search for the perfect dieting yoghurt was real for me in January.

Spent alot of time, energy and money, but it was worth it

In before someone tells me it's full of rubbish :) 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I'm going to sound like a rite nerd here, but make sure you're on Greek yoghurt and not Greek Style yoghurt! The search for the perfect dieting yoghurt was real for me in January. Spent alot of time, energy and money, but it was worth it http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268279288 In before someone tells me it's full of rubbish :) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I do love a nice bit of Bifidus L Casei. Tasty :)

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: : It depends what sort of shape you mean! I'm abit like an oval shape at the moment.  I think for a half marathon it'd have to be the last weekend in January, I'm getting there and improving quickly but anything else may be a little too soon for 13 miles.  Thanks for the suggestions, I've looked at that site, (and others) but there isn't really anything suitible.  I was hoping that there may be some more localised events, maybe in little towns or villages, that may not be advertised online. And I may be able to run along in one of them. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know :) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Jan22nd Stockport Three halls, 11•5miles. Doesnt have to be 13miles?
    Loads in the south, all you need is a friend to put you up for the night , down here.
  • edited January 2017

If you can't find a half marathon, build your own :)

It maybe wasn't the wisest move to go from 3 miles to 8 miles and then 13 miles inside a week, but after heading out for a run in the cold on Saturday night and quitting after 33 seconds, I was annoyed at myself and woke feeling motivated and used the previous nights failure to drive me on and on and on.

It hurt!

And it still hurts :/ 

However this morning I've also joined a gym.

I don't like gyms, but I had a voucher which gives me unlimited access to local gyms, instructor led classes, and swimming as well as some other extras. For Freeeeee.

So I'm giving it a go, 

I've booked in for my first spin cycle class tomorrow evening, which should be an experience :/ 

I'm going to be swimming at least 5 times a week, and trying to get the most out of this free month at the gym, so I probably wont run as much as normal for a while. 

I'll count yesterdays effort as my first completed half marathon of 2017 due to lack of availability of official races, and im going to aim to complete 11 more, 1 in each month for the rest of the year. And hopefully get T shirt and a medal for the next 11 :) 

Still no poker to report. xxxxx 

• edited January 2017
    If you can't find a half marathon, build your own :)http://imgur.com/a/UZR4s It maybe wasn't the wisest move to go from 3 miles to 8 miles and then 13 miles inside a week, but after heading out for a run in the cold on Saturday night and quitting after 33 seconds, I was annoyed at myself and woke feeling motivated and used the previous nights failure to drive me on and on and on. It hurt! And it still hurts :/  However this morning I've also joined a gym. I don't like gyms, but I had a voucher which gives me unlimited access to local gyms, instructor led classes, and swimming as well as some other extras. For Freeeeee. So I'm giving it a go,  I've booked in for my first spin cycle class tomorrow evening, which should be an experience :/  I'm going to be swimming at least 5 times a week, and trying to get the most out of this free month at the gym, so I probably wont run as much as normal for a while.  I'll count yesterdays effort as my first completed half marathon of 2017 due to lack of availability of official races, and im going to aim to complete 11 more, 1 in each month for the rest of the year. And hopefully get T shirt and a medal for the next 11 :)  Still no poker to report. xxxxx 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Get this moved to the rail then! 

I think/hope the gym will help your motivation levels JJ. You are still doing bloody amazing from when you first started all this. Really enjoy reading your progress....well done and keep it up mate.
  • edited January 2017
    Wp on the half marathon, I know for a fact you'll get the 12 done in the year easily.

P.S. Oh dear....

• edited January 2017

Thanks Alan/Paul. 

Not sure it will be easy Paul, maintaining discipline and motivation over a period of time, as you know from your brief foray into the world of running, is anything but easy. 

Things come up, niggles, injuries, outside temptations, holidays, life events, even cold weather ;) 

I'm going to have to be fit and in training for 12 months solid. 

I reckon im odds against, but going to give it a shot.

----

Weigh in day yesterday.

Underwhelming results.

Since last Friday i've....

Ran a year best 5k time and an additional 4 miles. 

Ran a half marathon.

Swam a mile in one session for the first time. 

Completed 2 spin classes.

3 routine gym sessions.

Walked 7 miles.

Eaten by the book.

And my reward for that....

- 1 and 1/4 lb. 

:/ 

I think my body works on a delay, and I hope to see the results from this weeks efforts, next week.

I'm weighing in @ 15st 4 and 1/4 lbs from my new years day weigh in of 15st 10 and 1/2.

So down 6 and 1/4 pounds in 3 weeks. 

My goal was to get below 15 stone by the end of January (now the 3rd of Feb, weigh in day)

Still reckon I can have a run at that.

----

I've turned down darts/snooker nights 3 times now in January. 

I provisionally agreed yesterday morning to go for a few pints.

Then when I was out on ysterday afternoons jog, I thought what a silly idea it is.

I didn't even want to go.

And it has such detremental effects on training and motivation, that doing it when I didnt even want to seemed silly.

So I got out of it, and im glad I did.

Still dry in 2017 (and indeed since Xmas day).

---

The grind continues! 

I played 2 $3 hyper turbo sit and gos on poker stars this week.

I didn't cash in either. 

That's how much I value my thread being in this section, $6 a week stop loss to keep it here. 

Dont rail me !!!!!

• edited January 2017
    Must be pretty gutting  to do all that graft and lose just over a pound!

Like you said though, I'm sure you will see the results by next week.

Keep it up mate. I'm dreading my weigh day, I've buckled on a couple of days this week and will be very surprised if I have lost any weight, more likely put a bit on!
  • edited January 2017
    Wp JJ, don't get too disheartened about it, any doctor will tell you that it's advised against to be losing >2lb per week anyway and that if you are it's probably not good for your health so you're coming along nicely. Slow and steady wins the race.

Have a nice motivational picture on me.

• edited January 2017
    Wp JJ, don't get too disheartened about it, any doctor will tell you that it's advised against to be losing />2lb per week anyway and that if you are it's probably not good for your health so you're coming along nicely. Slow and steady wins the race. Have a nice motivational picture on me. http://tinypic.com/r/ridgzd/9
    Posted by Lambert180

haha I've gotta admit I'm a little confused about the continuous brags from your end in a bet you are significantly behind in.

I'm not quite sure how to respond.

other than to give u the same offer as last week and ask to double the stakes.

your call.

hope you enjoyed president trumps inauguration speech yesterday, apparently he copied part of it word for word from "the bee movie".

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : haha I've gotta admit I'm a little confused about the continuous brags from your end in a bet you are significantly behind in. I'm not quite sure how to respond. other than to give u the same offer as last week and ask to double the stakes. your call. hope you enjoyed president trumps inauguration speech yesterday, apparently he copied part of it word for word from "the bee movie".
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Rofl significantly behind? You're a marginal favourite for the Utd one and a small dog for the Spurs one. I reckon the 2 bets combined are an effective flip now, reckon most likely outcome by far (same as I said when we first did the bet) is 1win and 1 loss so we break even. 

It's personal brags really cos I've gone from having vv little equity to being even stevens in the space of a couple of months. It's like getting it in QJhh v 55, seeing the T52h flop then turning the 9h. Game on now innit. 

Missed the speech, no idea what "the bee movie" is but I heard he stole his speech from somewhere. 

• edited January 2017
    Hmmmm, I'd say a 3 point aggregate lead is significant but maybe I'm being over confident.

Certainly not a good day for Liverpool today but it could've been worse, got away with one.

ynwa
  • edited January 2017

At least this can now stay in poker chat for a bit ;)

GL tonight mate.
  • edited January 2017
    good luck tonight dohhhh we know how much u love 10 min blinds ;)
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck tonight dohhhhhhh
  • edited January 2017
    good luck tonight dohhhh we know how much u love 10 min blinds ;)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    12 Minutes! :o

And more blind levels than any other comp anywhere on the internet. 

We'll be starting @ 1/2 blinds and 20k chips before long. 

"we want more play"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

----

Thanks all. 

Very tough few days in the gym.

Yesterday I did spin class followed by circuit training back to back. 

Squats seem fairly innocious whilst you're doing them, but today it really f*in hurts to even sit down.

Then this morning was a triple threat workout, SWIM, GYM, SPIN.

I'm broken. 

No pain no gain.

Good luck to all on the "Boootyyyyyyyyyyyyy" Hunt tonight. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :  No pain no gain.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

• edited January 2017

With 6 left, you don't seem to be doing too badly......

Limp2Lose136830.15£140.63 Head Prizes3£96.87
    DOHHHHHHH80319.10£159.38 Head Prizes4£103.12
    LmfaoAllin62750.16£93.75 Head Prizes2£81.25
    lyonsbob0641504.37£218.56 Head Prizes4£122.84
    jordz1641149.44£209.76 Head Prizes4£119.90
    Lightwood27446.78£392.58 Head Prizes7£180.85
    darsum33307£225.50 + £236.72 Head Prizes5 
  • edited January 2017
    well done JJ on coming 2nd to jordz
  • edited January 2017

Thanks Donna, and to Aussie & scouse on the other thread. 

I sold half the action, so overall I made about 570 quid. 

Was all mates who got the action too, so I'm pleased to give them summat back.

I'd love to say it was a fun night but i'd be lying. 

Ante-less poker is the pitts. 

Still, money is money. Thanks to Sky for running the comp and giving me the oppertunity to have a go. 

Day off exercise today as I can barely move. 

Prison Break binge incoming. 

• edited January 2017
    Nice one 
    Last gasp escape from the embarrassment of being sent to the rail :)
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks Donna, and to Aussie & scouse on the other thread.  I sold half the action, so overall I made about 570 quid.  Was all mates who got the action too, so I'm pleased to give them summat back. I'd love to say it was a fun night but i'd be lying.  Ante-less poker is the pitts.  Still, money is money. Thanks to Sky for running the comp and giving me the oppertunity to have a go.  Day off exercise today as I can barely move.  Prison Break binge incoming. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What series you on? Series 1 is great imo, series 2 is alright, I stopped watching part way thru 3 cos it just got zzz imo.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : What series you on? Series 1 is great imo, series 2 is alright, I stopped watching part way thru 3 cos it just got zzz imo.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ive done series 1 episode 1!

It was quite good. 

I've also given Jessica Jones a go.

Obviously if I'd known it was super her0 sh!t I wouldn't have bothered. 

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : What series you on? Series 1 is great imo, series 2 is alright, I stopped watching part way thru 3 cos it just got zzz imo.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah agree.

I binge watched the first 2 seasons, struggled through the 3rd and am halfway through the 4th but often go a couple of weeks without watching an episode. Need to get it watched now I've come this far, especially with the new season starting soon.

Wp last night DOHHHHHHH btw
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Ive done series 1 episode 1! It was quite good.  I've also given Jessica Jones a go. Obviously if I'd known it was super her0 sh!t I wouldn't have bothered. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah first series is vvv good imo, deffo worth watching, just don't feel committed to finish the whole show imo.
  • edited January 2017
    I *had* to finish it just to see how it all wrapped-up, although S3 was the biggest struggle (not terrible, just not as good as the previous two).
  • edited January 2017

Sub Optimal results on weigh in day. 

Again.

I've given it my all again this week. 

Down 3/4 of a pound. 

15stone 3.5 lbs 

From 15 10.5 at the turn of the year.

----

1 week left to achieve my goal of getting below 15 stone. 

I'm putting it all on the line this week.

Just drafted up an exercsie schedule, taking advantage of as many of the 'free' gym classes as I can before my pass runs out, and also adding in some other stuff.

Saturday 

9am - 5k Park Run
    10am - 12.30pm  Swimming 
    5pm - 3 mile dog walk or Optional Gym Session

Sunday 

7.30am - 8.30am - Swimming 
    9.30-10.15  Spin Class 
    Rest

Monday

7am - 7.30am, HIIT Training   
    10am-11am 3 mile dog walk
    7pm - 8pm  Body Combat Class

Tuesday 

9am - Run of my own focussing on HIIT 
    Afternoon - > 3 mile Dog walk. 
    6pm - Spin Class   

Wednesday

7.45-8.45 - Swimming 
    Afternoon - > 3mile Dog walk
    5.15pm  HIIT Training Class

Thursday 

10.15 - Spin Class 
    2-3pm Swimming 
    5.15 - Spin class 

Friday 

9.30 final weigh in.

9.35 If im still a fat *** after all that, f* it fry up with 5 rashers of bacon, 4 h ash browns, 3 sausages, 2 tins of beans and 1 loaf of fried bread

---

Letz do it! 
  • edited January 2017
    FYI muscle weighs more than fat and I'd be amazedddd if you ain't putting on decent muscle with everything you're doing.  So chances are your fat % is going down loads but your muscle is on the up too and so the wright loss isn't huge but that's still great progress. 

Losing fat + gaining muscle + losing weight is sick
  • edited January 2017
    FYI muscle weighs more than fat
    Posted by Lambert180
    You know that girly trait of
    "I'm SO FAT!!!" "NO you're not, darling" "They're only saying that to be nice! I'M FAT"?
    Basically JJ in Facebook chat right now, moaning about "Muscle > Fat" compliments.

Technically, weight is just the gravitational pull enacted on an object. So I told him everyone's lying ;)

His bum looks big in everything btw, according to Donald.
  • edited January 2017
    +1 to other posters. You can drop fat and inches with absolutely no weight loss showing on the scales due to muscle gain caused by exercise. The weight loss will follow later, but only if you keep it up.

Always remember weight loss is down to roughly 80% diet, 20% excercise. Becoming a finess fanatic can only take you so far. Improved eating habits (forever, not temporary diets) will have a greater effect.

Much like in poker, short-term results matter very little compared to long-term results. Your long-term health/weight/lifestyle changes documented in this thread are superb.