You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

c/f an overpair @ NL4

124»

Comments

• edited December 2011

morons the lot of u

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: c/f an overpair @ NL4:
    morons the lot of u
    Posted by shovemonki
    constructive post of the year.
  • edited December 2011
    morons the lot of u
    Posted by shovemonki
    wow , who's a clever boy then
  • edited December 2011
    you both played it well. It's what makes poker so facinating.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: c/f an overpair @ NL4 : Well when I call pre I know I have two ways of winning, either hitting my set, or being able to outplay him on alot of flops because his range is so narrow. When I call the flop, obviosuly I know on the turn I can either hit my set, hit my gutshot OR hit another blank (for his range) and continue the story of me having a set. In relation to this and in answer to Rancid, the reason I didn't re-raise the flop is because if I'd have genuinely flopped a set, I wouldn't have re-raised because as I said what Don's range is, I think the best way to get value from him is to flat and let him to lead out again on the turn. If he calls the turn then I'm pretty certain he's gonna check the river to me because there is just no hand he has here to bet for value (short of rivering a set) and when he does, I'll be shoving. If it goes this far, then I will have played the entire hand exactly as I would if I'd flopped a set. I know what ya mean about me becoming exploitable by Don and other regs but that's why I don't play my complete normal 4NL against the regs. There's no way I'd have been making plays like this against most of the players at this level, like the people who would NEVER fold an overpair or TPGK so granted against most people this doesnt work, but I know Don has a fold button. As I said earlier, I think because Don is a very good tournament player he often makes what would be 'good lay downs' and is correct that he's beat in that particular case (although not necessarily good long term against their whole range), but surely in cash that is why putting people on range's is all the more relevant. I.e. if he knows that there are 10 possible hands in my range, 6 of which he beats and 4 of which he doesnt he should surely carry on but I think sometimes the Don can have that attitude of 'making good lay downs and finding better spots' which is good when you have one tourney life but not always the best way in a cash game (if you can deal with some swings). Hope that answers everything GT... be glad to hear your thoughts.
    Posted by Lambert180
    OK this is going on long enough but anyway:

Pre, I would think it will just be more profitable to steal his blind than do some fancy limpcalling to make moves later

Flop fine. I would think you should be floating a reg at 4nl here a lot.I like your line a lot better if you are shoving river if he c/c turn.

Problem to me is don wont lay this down enough, hes going to bet that turn a good bit of time, or even level himself into c/c twice. This is basically a poker fact, people dont like folding. Especially overpairs, especially people who open tight, especially v other regs. Definitely for line to be profitable, I think you are going to have to be prepared to jam over turn bet

As an aside if all your reasoning is correct you prob cant call don pre just to setmine

Again I think its good you are looking for ways to win pots with not much v regs, still not sure it wasnt more like the hand history I posted for you  though:)