You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

best post of all time

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
In Response to i beat the presenter lol:
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance RyG Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £98.50 DASADAWN1 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £131.18   Your hole cards 3 K       will48 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £35.54 offshoot Raise   £4.00 £6.50 £262.98 RicOrford Call   £4.00 £10.50 £76.87 RyG Fold         DASADAWN1 Fold         will48 Call   £3.00 £13.50 £32.54 Flop     8 3 3       will48 Check         offshoot Bet   £10.00 £23.50 £252.98 RicOrford Raise   £30.00 £53.50 £46.87 will48 All-in   £32.54 £86.04 £0.00 offshoot Fold         RicOrford Call   £2.54 £88.58 £44.33 will48 Show 3 K       RicOrford Show A A       Turn     J       River     2       will48 Win Three 3s £86.78   £86.78
Posted by will48
i only called cause they were being aggressive and i thought ric =has somethin but its not getting re raised so i just call and hit i think ric wanted some one else to re raise if they had i wuda folded i only called cause it was a few pound to call and thought why not im suited but never expected to hit 33 lol

Comments

• edited December 2011
    richard orford lies awake terrified that hes gonna lose his aces he even breaks in to a cold sweat shall i re raise or just flat call oh wait will is sitting there i  i i ii i oh no 3333333 all u can see is k 3 k3 k3 k3 k3 lmaooooooooooooo
  • edited December 2011
    L/C a 4x R w/K3 and 35bbs, nice work mate. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah now all you need to do is stop limp/calling UTG with K3s lol.

No offence but it gives me comfort to know this kind of horrible play stil goes on at 50p/£1 lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol:
    Yeah now all you need to do is stop limp/calling UTG with K3s lol. No offence but it gives me comfort to know this kind of horrible play stil goes on at 50p/£1 lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah but they were bein all aggressive and i thought why not i was ready to fold if it was re raised but the presenter slow played his aa and then after the flop he shoved and i was rubbin my hands lol
  • edited December 2011
    I remember this hand. I had JJ, i thought you proably had a 3 when you instashoved. I dont think limp calling K3 is gonna be making you any money long term, Rich played it fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I remember this hand. I had JJ, i thought you proably had a 3 when you instashoved. I dont think limp calling K3 is gonna be making you any money long term, Rich played it fine.
    Posted by offshoot
    Yeah but you were being a meany aggressive and he wanted to limp call oop with rag hands knowing he was going to hit trips.

<insert more excuses here />
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry but when was 4BBs cheap? to see a flop where you're probably gonna flop big 1 in 100 times.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : you both playe dit wrong you let me see a cheap flop and then you get aggressive after the flop personally if i was u i was rich i wuda re rasied u again he limp called with his aces then shoved wrong move and i dont normally play like that but if i can see a flop cheaply why not
    Posted by will48
    Offshoot and Rich both played the hand fine. Maybe Rich could have 3-bet pre but neither of them let you see a cheap flop.

Rich didn't shove the flop either, that was you shoving.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : yeah well i got lots of people before that beatying me when the shud of folded so i waited for my spot and dont think it was bad play by me they had aa v jj they shuda forced me out preflop thye only raised it 2 pound and i aint foldin for that when they raise far too much so as i said i knew rich had somethin hence he callled but he shuda re raised off ssoot 4 times then i wuda folded  they played it wrong no excuses
    Posted by will48
    £3 not £2.

You got lucky, end of.
  • edited December 2011
    Shut up guys, will48 clearly knows what hes doing, he did win the hand after all so how can u say he played it bad
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my god, how are you playing at this level. NO-ONE limped apart from you!

You limped, offshoot raises, Rich flat calls to trap, you SHOULD fold 100%.

Also Rich did not shove, just cos you happen to be short stacker, that's not his fault. He makes a perfectly legitimate raise to Offshoot which just happens to be not much less than what you have left.
  • edited December 2011
    Shut up guys, will48 clearly knows what hes doing, he did win the hand after all so how can u say he played it bad
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    If someone open shoves 500BB with AA and I call with 72 and flop a fullhouse, does that mean it's good play, no of course not, the result is completely irrelevant. Long term this limp call is terrible and against the likes of Offshoot he'll get butchered for it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : you are clueless m8 you are going on about the hand like i called all in with k3 i never so shut it lol
    Posted by will48
    +1, u talk some rubbish lambert lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : you are clueless m8 you are going on about the hand like i called all in with k3 i never so shut it lol
    Posted by will48
    It's these calls that are major leaks in some people's games. I'm not saying I'm the perfect player but there is NO excuse for this play preflop.

Say you do this for 4BBs 100 times, so you've put 400BBs into the pot, you're really lucky if you win 10% of them and assuming you do win 10% AND assuming that EVERYSINGLE time you double up, you're only playing with like 30BBs so you make 300BBs, so you're 100 BB down (£100)

So even in a perfect world when the above happens, thats how much you lose from the above play.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm mega shocked by you CrazyBen, I thought you were pretty decent and I can't believe you're defending this
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : rich shoved 30 pound on flop i had 33 pound left so i have to put 33 in lmaooooo
    Posted by will48
    He raised £30 you shoved for £32.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'm mega shocked by you CrazyBen, I thought you were pretty decent and I can't believe you're defending this
    Posted by Lambert180
    I think his tongue maybe in his cheek.

• edited December 2011
    SARCASM ALERT lol
  • edited December 2011
    epic pmsl.

I love these excuses. i folded and was being bullied so i limp called utg with K3s hoping for a miricle flop and managed to get it in v a presenter. I must be the greatest player since phil ivey.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : whats his excuse for not re raising with aa then eh tell me that lol
    Posted by will48
    he doesn't want to scare off hands like Q4 & K3
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : he doesn't want to scare off hands like Q4 & K3
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Exactly... doesnt wanna scare off JJ either
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : Exactly... doesnt wanna scare off JJ either
    Posted by Lambert180
    So what he should never ever 3bet AA for value?

Its 100NL and rich is on btn facing a co open, if this terrifies offshoot into folding JJ hes prob doing it wrong

OP played his hand badly. Its also his first post here basically. Cut him some slack give him some advice, no need to slate him

I'll start:

buy in full

fold pre, once you limp fold to raise

prob play lower than 100NL till you understand why limpcalling pre here is bad

Also for anyone who ever posted in unl on 2+2 , this is classic gateswi theorem
  • edited December 2011
    will48, what was the hand id for this hand?
  • edited December 2011
    Think orfords flat here is either good or bad

not really sure ) Guess v a co open it's actually very good considering aggro oppo
    I am sure orfords is perceived to have a narrow 3 bet value range

• edited December 2011
    I obv fold pre mate BUT i dont like rich's play either as i wanna build a bigger pot with my AA so i think long term a 3bet should be happening in this spot.
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone is doing triple range merging here though Debs... Except Orford Obviously
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone is doing triple range merging here though Debs... Except Orford Obviously
    Posted by Lambert180
    haha n1 mate i defo agree (except orford obviously) ;))
  • edited December 2011
    Class thread lol :)

About a year from now Will48 will look back on this thread (if he lasts that long in the online poker world playing this way  that is) and will lol at himself for even putting this thread up and realise that every post he thinks is supporting him on here are actually being sarcastic :)

Until then though this post shows that everyone has to start somewhere and that what one person sees happening in a pot can be totally different to what others see.

All i can add to this is best of luck at the tables Will48 mate and please make sure you post alot more of your hands in the clinic :)
  • edited December 2011
    Class thread lol :) About a year from now Will48 will look back on this thread (if he lasts that long in the online poker world playing this way  that is) and will lol at himself for even putting this thread up and realise that every post he thinks is supporting him on here are actually being sarcastic :) Until then though this post shows that everyone has to start somewhere and that what one person sees happening in a pot can be totally different to what others see. All i can add to this is best of luck at the tables Will48 mate and please make sure you post alot more of your hands in the clinic :)
    Posted by paythedr24
    luvly spot on post here , i just hope the op reads it , unless of course he wants to play at my tables , then i hope he doesnt ;))