You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

best post of all time

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol:
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : Hand History #449844863 (21:46 14/12/2011)
    Posted by will48
    every one has there oppinions on this and i wasnt out for praise or anything maybe i did play it bad but my point is why did the presenter not re raise offshoot preflop to get value
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : every one has there oppinions on this and i wasnt out for praise or anything maybe i did play it bad but my point is why did the presenter not re raise offshoot preflop to get value
    Posted by will48

Why ?

Indeed why does orford flat, if orford 3 bets – kinda telegraphs his hand to offshoot -

Frankly flatting here has so many benefits that far outweigh 3 betting versus certain oppo

Does orford know why he is flatting here, that’s the real question !

Triple balanced merged polarized range :S 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : some right smarmy xxxxxxx on here ill tell ya 
    Posted by will48

You post in the poker clinic looking for feedback, then when people say you played the hand badly you make comments like this?

Tell you what, you played the hand beautifully, and should play like that all the time. Want me to come and play on your table tonight? :D

In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol:
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : its ok for people like lolufold to play bad and win yeah sarcasm i watch poker  tv and see top  of the pots and the size of there bets and the rubbish they bet with is unreal am i supposed to sit tight and wait fro aa and then get beat na dont think so lol
    Posted by will48

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : why ill tell u why rich flatted cause he thought he was gonna get re raised again by another lad that was crazy playin and the lad folded so i called knowing that i was getting a cheap flop if rich plan had worked the crazy dude wuda re raised as he had in previous hands and i wuda folded then it wuda been rich hand for the taking but rich cant take chances withh aa he has to re raise and he never thats why he lost and if he up against jj or qq if he re raises he gonna get more value
    Posted by will48

but anyway if you can’t see why you would flat in the spot then I think your playing too high a level

likewise 3 betting here would also give the same effect if orford was an aggro 3 bet wide kind of guy – but I am sure he has not got that image tbh so hence the flat

• edited December 2011
    WE HAVE A STRONG LATECOMER FOR 'Most ridiculuos thread of 2011' COMING INTO THE FINAL LENGTH....
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: i beat the presenter lol : Hand History #449844863 (21:46 14/12/2011)
    Posted by will48
    Thanks i actually had TT this hand and not JJ.
  • edited December 2011
    This thread is awesome :D Willl are you on a wind up?

Lambert its quite obviously Benno is being sarcastic or he wants him to keep making speculative limp/calls :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for thread hijack, but could I have played this hand any differently? Can't help but think I should've paid the big blind instead of sitting out, got dealt 72o, min raised, and flopped a full house. Thoughts?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Bellios86Small blind £0.02£0.02£1.87
    wooooshBig blind £0.04£0.06£3.88
    EvilPinguSit out    
    bentley12Call £0.04£0.10£2.64
    cheerfullCall £0.04£0.14£1.88
    (D)kayjane861Call £0.04£0.18£1.34
    Bellios86Call £0.02£0.20£1.85
    wooooshCheck    
    Flop

7♠ 7♦ 2♣

Bellios86Check    
    wooooshCheck    
    bentley12Check    
    cheerfullCheck    
    kayjane861Check    
    Turn

K♠

Bellios86Check    
    wooooshCheck    
    bentley12Check    
    cheerfullCheck    
    kayjane861Check    
    River

Q♥

Bellios86Check    
    wooooshBet £0.10£0.30£3.78
    bentley12Call £0.10£0.40£2.54
    cheerfullCall £0.10£0.50£1.78
    kayjane861Fold    
    Bellios86Fold    
    wooooshShow
      7♥ K♦

bentley12Muck
      K♥ J♦

cheerfullMuck
      6♦ Q♦

wooooshWinFull House, 7s and Kings£0.46 £4.24
  • edited December 2011
    my verdict post HH different ;)
  • edited December 2011
    how about this for speculative call, he shortstacked after gettin stacked bought in full (good tactic)

WP sure your going to win loads of monies with this calling
    will48 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.51
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £6.73
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

will48 Raise  £0.36 £0.48 £8.15
    YOUNG_GUN Raise  £1.28 £1.76 £5.45
    will48 Call  £0.96 £2.72 £7.19
    Flop

• Q

YOUNG_GUN Check     
    will48 Check     
    Turn

YOUNG_GUN Check     
    will48 Bet  £1.36 £4.08 £5.83
    YOUNG_GUN All-in  £5.45 £9.53 £0.00
    will48 Call  £4.09 £13.62 £1.74
    will48 Show

YOUNG_GUN Show
    • A
    • K

River

• K

will48 Win Three 5s £12.92  £14.66
  • edited December 2011
    outplayed young gun
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, clearly an apology is in order for will48... with calls that preflop, he's sure to be raking in the cash.

P.S. Why the big jump in cash levels Will, alot of good players (don't worry I'm not including you in this category lol) float between levels depending on where the value is not as big a gap as from 8NL to 100NL... me thinks you were slightly underrolled to play 100nl, hence the short stacking, and hence the complete lack of understanding of play at this level... or indeed a lack of understanding at 8NL judging by the hand against YG
  • edited December 2011
    What sort of times are you usually playing on site will??
  • edited December 2011
    What sort of times are you usually playing on site will??
    Posted by ricky1984
    Lol!

It's almost worth me shooting up the levels and sitting at a 100NL table if he's gonna be there too :)
  • edited December 2011
    he was shortstacking nl8 too but as he got my stack maybe hes gone back to nl100 ;) 
  • edited December 2011
    gonna have to start shoving pre to stop him seeing these cheap flops!

nh again wil
  • edited December 2011
    someone end this fred !

like one big advo "_)
  • edited December 2011

It's pretty clear to see that Will played this great, you lot are just jealous, move on and stop bullying him.

Keep it up Will, look forward to playing you soon

• edited December 2011
    LOL post removed, was a quality thread. noone took offence, unless u did ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Amusing thread!

For the record, the reason I flatcalled Offshoot pre-flop was because I expected then to be going to the flop two-handed and in position with a monster.

As someone else pointed out, the second I re-raise Offshoot I kill the action. I'm sure had Will got out the way pre-flop as he obv should have done I could have won a decent sized pot.

There's definitely a decent argument to say I should have 3 bet pre though.

No offence taken, Will by the way. I realise you're just having a bit of fun.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed:
    Amusing thread! For the record, the reason I flatcalled Offshoot pre-flop was because I expected then to be going to the flop two-handed and in position with a monster. As someone else pointed out, the second I re-raise Offshoot I kill the action. I'm sure had Will got out the way pre-flop as he obv should have done I could have won a decent sized pot. There's definitely a decent argument to say I should have 3 bet pre though. No offence taken, Will by the way. I realise you're just having a bit of fun.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    u defo shuda 3 bet but that just my oppinion and to be honest i dont think your killing the action cause i think off shoot is defo going in with his pocket tens and im out so its your hand for the takin my oppinion no offence m8 but im not takin chances with aa i want to get in my chips and close it down to 1 v 1 and also loads of chips in the pot and for the record i think he would have either flat called your re raise or re raised u again maybe all in 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : u defo shuda 3 bet but that just my oppinion and to be honest i dont think your killing the action cause i think off shoot is defo going in with his pocket tens and im out so its your hand for the takin my oppinion no offence m8 but im not takin chances with aa i want to get in my chips and close it down to 1 v 1 and also loads of chips in the pot and for the record i think he would have either flat called your re raise or re raised u again maybe all in 
    Posted by will48
    ONE MORE THING GUYS IS THERE A SET WAY TO PLAY POKER LMAO I THINK NOT 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL post removed, was a quality thread. noone took offence, unless u did ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    WHATS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME IS IT THE FACT THAT I BEAT YA. THEN YA NEVER HAD THE BALLS TO RELOAD CAUSE AS U SAY YOUR BETTER THAN ME. BUT HOW CAN U BE IF U JUST RUN LOL .U COME ON HERE AND SHOUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT .BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YER NO WHERE TO BE SEEN EXCUSE THE PUN 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : WHATS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME IS IT THE FACT THAT I BEAT YA. THEN YA NEVER HAD THE BALLS TO RELOAD CAUSE AS U SAY YOUR BETTER THAN ME. BUT HOW CAN U BE IF U JUST RUN LOL .U COME ON HERE AND SHOUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT .BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YER NO WHERE TO BE SEEN EXCUSE THE PUN 
    Posted by will48
    LETS SETTLE THIS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I THINK SKY SHUD SHOW ME   U LAMBERT  ORFORD OFFSHOOT AND WHOEVER LIVE ON TV ILL SHOW YA ALL UP LOL
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : WHATS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME IS IT THE FACT THAT I BEAT YA. THEN YA NEVER HAD THE BALLS TO RELOAD CAUSE AS U SAY YOUR BETTER THAN ME. BUT HOW CAN U BE IF U JUST RUN LOL .U COME ON HERE AND SHOUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT .BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YER NO WHERE TO BE SEEN EXCUSE THE PUN 
    Posted by will48
    +1 

think u hit the nail on the head here Will
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : ONE MORE THING GUYS IS THERE A SET WAY TO PLAY POKER LMAO I THINK NOT 
    Posted by will48
    No, but there's also plays which will lose you money long term, and limp/calling with K3 pre-flop is one of them. 

In Response to Re: post removed:
    In Response to Re: post removed : LETS SETTLE THIS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I THINK SKY SHUD SHOW ME   U LAMBERT  ORFORD OFFSHOOT AND WHOEVER LIVE ON TV ILL SHOW YA ALL UP LOL
    Posted by will48

Ooh, value :P Can I play?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : No, but there's also plays which will lose you money long term, and limp/calling with K3 pre-flop is one of them. 
    Posted by EvilPingu
    AND NOT 3 BETTING WITH AA IS ONE OF THEM ALSO 
    NO MORE SAID
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : AND NOT 3 BETTING WITH AA IS ONE OF THEM ALSO  NO MORE SAID
    Posted by will48
    Not necessarily. In general, if you're an aggressive player, then yes, you should probably be 3 betting with AA most of the time as you'd probably 3 bet with a lot worse and it wouldn't kill the action. However, if you're a tighter player and you 3 bet, then you might as well hold a sign up saying "I have aces or kings, fold".

It all depends on how you are perceived by the rest of the table. As you said yourself:

In Response to Re: post removed:
    In Response to Re: post removed : ONE MORE THING GUYS IS THERE A SET WAY TO PLAY POKER LMAO I THINK NOT 
    Posted by will48

;)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with all that Will has said, especially the stuff in CAPS )