You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

best post of all time

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed:
    In Response to Re: post removed : i know i got lucky and i know what rich was trying to do but my point being you want to win with aa not lose so why not re raise me yeah 
    Posted by will48
    Hold your horses, Will (or reindeer if we're being topical). You WERE raised. 

By Offshoot. 4x wasn't it? Which was then flatted by me. K-3 offsuit shouldn't have stuck around then. Simples!

Lol. This one could run and run.

Repost the hand history. I need to see it properly! I'm having to defend myself via my dodgy memory at the moment and according to my memory Ialways play like a genius!

;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Orford should be 3betting most of time imo. He needs to raise somewhere, and flop or turn raise is going to look strong anyway if image is tight. Flatting ok  if he is trying to bring limper along, or maybe to mix it up a little sometimes with reads. But if you dont 3bet AA here do you never 3bet? Also lol at yg complaining villain calls too much then playing AK like that v him and slating villain
    Posted by grantorino
    I was attempting to trap Offshoot who I percieve as more LAG than me and likely to go to war with a premium hand.

I certainly wasn't attempting to bring the limper along! I assumed- incorrectly as it turned out- that an early position limper would probably fold to a large raise and a flat call!

Perhaps I should have taken account of the fact that he was shortstacked if memory serves me right and that might make him more likely to take a punt on seeing the flop with ANY hand in a bid to get the double/treble up.

Either way- it worked for him. but it's not something I'd be copying in a hurry. And yes, I think I'd prob do the same again with my Aces in a similar position.

Need to see the hand history to confirm all this obv!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : Hold your horses, Will (or reindeer if we're being topical). You WERE raised.  By Offshoot. 4x wasn't it? Which was then flatted by me. K-3 offsuit shouldn't have stuck around then. Simples! Lol. This one could run and run. Repost the hand history. I need to see it properly! I'm having to defend myself via my dodgy memory at the moment and according to my memory I've always played like a genius! ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    lmao a bit touchy yeah i called and im entitled to call yeah what was stoppin me from bluffing it later on in pot none of u knew what i was holdin i could have had  amonster also and off shooyt raises most hands so i never respected his raise sorry and u flatted with aces and lost get over it 
  • edited December 2011
    I have been using 'Find A Player' these last fews days to try and catch a game with Will48, but alas, to no avail.

Any sightings and times would be greatly appreciated if they were posted on here. Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been using 'Find A Player' these last fews days to try and catch a game with Will48 , but alas, to no avail. Any sightings and times would be greatly appreciated if they were posted on here. Thanks.
    Posted by Epoker
    any sightings lmao like im the loch ness monster or summat lol

• edited December 2011
    New show “Flops of the week” )
    Posted by rancid

Good idea, but it should be titled " Flops of the weak " 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : LETS SETTLE THIS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I THINK SKY SHUD SHOW ME   U LAMBERT  ORFORD OFFSHOOT AND WHOEVER LIVE ON TV ILL SHOW YA ALL UP LOL
    Posted by will48
    I'm well up for that Will lol. Come on Rich, get it sorted!

You keep flatting your K3off and I'll keep flatting my AA and we'll see who comes off better ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Orford should be 3betting most of time imo. He needs to raise somewhere, and flop or turn raise is going to look strong anyway if image is tight. Flatting ok  if he is trying to bring limper along, or maybe to mix it up a little sometimes with reads. But if you dont 3bet AA here do you never 3bet? Also lol at yg complaining villain calls too much then playing AK like that v him and slating villain
    Posted by grantorino
    GT i posted once on that matter which is correct he called a big 3 bet from me with 86o(maybe wrong not going to read back) how would you have played it different? i gurantee you he would play the same way with Ax which im crushing. also my check shove is obviously a bluff as i dont think i can bet him off but unfortunately he hit it happens. I;ve been commenting on this thread but doesnt mean im complaining AK is easily beaten and in my case often ;) 

so how would you play the AK then professional?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think Rich's flat pre is terrible at all, I'm not saying he should do it 100% but alot of plays you don't make 100% of the time or it becomes predictable.

I imagine Rich plays pretty straight forward tight poker and is pretty weary and reluctant to get involved with the VERY good players of the site, so I suspect if Offshoot makes it £4 to go, Rich's 3bet is gonna need to be £10+ which given the above image of himself is practically telling Offshoot he has AA/KK and maybe QQ, so it puts Offshoot in a tricky spot. However if he flats it makes Rich's range quite alot wider and he knows Offshoot is pretty aggro and is gonna be betting strongly against him on ALOT of flops with ALOT of hands (that are losing)
  • edited December 2011
    n Response to Re: post removed:
    In Response to Re: post removed : lmao a bit touchy yeah i called and im entitled to call yeah what was stoppin me from bluffing it later on in pot none of u knew what i was holdin i could have had  amonster also and off shooyt raises most hands so i never respected his raise sorry and u flatted with aces and lost get over it 
    Posted by will48
    Bluffing multiway and shortstacked is never profitable imo, Expessially after limp callin pre. When you limp Utg do you have a plan for the hand. Rich and Offshoot both clearly had a plan for the hand. Simples.
  • edited December 2011
    wil48 played the hand perfect , he musta yeah ?? cos he won ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah to be fair, Debs is right, if you win then that's all that matters and you should just carry on making the same moves....  so when dya want that 6max SnG Wil? lol
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think Rich's flat pre is terrible at all, I'm not saying he should do it 100% but alot of plays you don't make 100% of the time or it becomes predictable. I imagine Rich plays pretty straight forward tight poker and is pretty weary and reluctant to get involved with the VERY good players of the site, so I suspect if Offshoot makes it £4 to go, Rich's 3bet is gonna need to be £10+ which given the above image of himself is practically telling Offshoot he has AA/KK and maybe QQ, so it puts Offshoot in a tricky spot. However if he flats it makes Rich's range quite alot wider and he knows Offshoot is pretty aggro and is gonna be betting strongly against him on ALOT of flops with ALOT of hands (that are losing)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Exactly this.

Ty m8.
  • edited December 2011
    wil48 played the hand perfect , he musta yeah ?? cos he won ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    plus he got the maximum!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : plus he got the maximum!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Oh yeah i missed that ;))
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : Exactly this. Ty m8.
    Posted by RicOrford
    So just out of interest if the flop was 6 10 2 rainbow then ya woulda lost ure stack anyway ?? i still think that ure hand was well worth a 3 bet , and IF ure that tight a player that offshoot woulda folded pre to a 3 bet then surely you must be playin wrong long term , cos IF ure that tight how you ever gonna make a 3 bet ?? cos everyone will fold wont they ??
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : Exactly this. Ty m8.
    Posted by RicOrford
    so what yer sayin is ya agree with lambert that your rubbish at poker cause yer scared to raise lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : So just out of interest if the flop was 6 10 2 rainbow then ya woulda lost ure stack anyway ?? i still think that ure hand was well worth a 3 bet , and IF ure that tight a player that offshoot woulda folded pre to a 3 bet then surely you must be playin wrong long term , cos IF ure that tight how you ever gonna make a 3 bet ?? cos everyone will fold wont they ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    spot on debs
  • edited December 2011
    and another thing what if i had pair in my hand and hit trips u never thought of that u just thought lets ram 30 pound in to a 10 pound pot wat were u thinking of dont answer cause your one way poker play gets u in trouble hence thats why u never win alot and get outplayed by guys like offshoot and even young gun . this post was never intended to amke fun out of you rich but by getting all defensive and annoyed with me you just showed yer sell up u cant even admit you played yer aces wrong lol omggggggggggggggggggg

• edited December 2011
    and another thing what if i had pair in my hand and hit trips u never thought of that u just thought lets ram 30 pound in to a 10 pound pot wat were u thinking of dont answer cause your one way poker play gets u in trouble hence thats why u never win alot and get outplayed by guys like offshoot and even young gun . this post was never intended to amke fun out of you rich but by getting all defensive and annoyed with me you just showed yer sell up u cant even admit you played yer aces wrong lol omggggggggggggggggggg
    Posted by will48
    you really have no idea imo. Rich played his aces fine. Infact i believe Rish has requested you on several occassions to re-post the hand so he can look properly. But youve refused to do this.

Infact of the matter youve had 2 hands posted in here where you clearly cant admit youve made mistakes becasue your too busy bragging about winning hands with junk. gl to you sir.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : So just out of interest if the flop was 6 10 2 rainbow then ya woulda lost ure stack anyway ?? i still think that ure hand was well worth a 3 bet , and IF ure that tight a player that offshoot woulda folded pre to a 3 bet then surely you must be playin wrong long term , cos IF ure that tight how you ever gonna make a 3 bet ?? cos everyone will fold wont they ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    He can still make money off people who dont notice or play too loose. You could not play a hand for an hour and then 3bet and theres still tons of players who will still call.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : He can still make money off people who dont notice or play too loose. You could not play a hand for an hour and then 3bet and theres STILL TONS OF PLAYERS THAT WILLL STILL CALL.
    Posted by offshoot

Well, theres always Will48 lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : GT i posted once on that matter which is correct he called a big 3 bet from me with 86o(maybe wrong not going to read back) how would you have played it different? i gurantee you he would play the same way with Ax which im crushing. also my check shove is obviously a bluff as i dont think i can bet him off but unfortunately he hit it happens. I;ve been commenting on this thread but doesnt mean im complaining AK is easily beaten and in my case often ;)  so how would you play the AK then professional?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    dont shove the turn with just A high for value.

and don't try to bluff ppl who don't fold.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : He can still make money off people who dont notice or play too loose. You could not play a hand for an hour and then 3bet and theres still tons of players who will still call.
    Posted by offshoot
    True, but honestly in this situation was orfords flat bad ?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : you really have no idea imo. Rich played his aces fine. Infact i believe Rish has requested you on several occassions to re-post the hand so he can look properly. But youve refused to do this. Infact of the matter youve had 2 hands posted in here where you clearly cant admit youve made mistakes becasue your too busy bragging about winning hands with junk. gl to you sir.
    Posted by The_Don90
    he has hand history too so he can look if he wants or is he that stupid
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: post removed : dont shove the turn with just A high for value. and don't try to bluff ppl who don't fold.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the thing is with both these hands is i know when to fold and i knew rich had something but flop is cheap just a few quid why not and if i dont hit i fold simples i also knew young gun had a k or somethin but i hit so why did he carry on shoving in to the pot its heads up any cards will win yeah i know what im doing and i know when to fold i could tear you all apart at this game im the best ever remember the name yeah dont ever forget it 
  • edited December 2011
    also i can chop and change my styles and change gears unlike rich who plays one way lmao and so easy to read lol