You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER:
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : If you bought all 14 million combinations you wouldn't have an even chance of winning (even chance is 50-50), you would have 100% chance of winning. Unfortunately, you would never win enough to get your investment back unless it was a double or triple rollover and there were no other winners that week.
    Posted by Seagull158
    of course,my being thick again.

like you say it would never be worth it,so my 14m is staying in my poker account :)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : A friend of mine, Mel, has won the Jackpot twice (2.6 and 3.2 million)- when I had the lottery installed in one of our shops, as a joke, I asked him to come to the shop and ''bless'' the machine and he duly obliged. Four weeks later we had the 8.1 million jackpot win to the 8 Wrexham nurses.
    Posted by elsadog
    can anyone else smell bulls hit?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : yea buying 14m tickets to win the average 3/4m is defo -ev :) interesting about the syndicates though
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    What about all the tenners you wud win tho !!!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : can anyone else smell bulls hit?
    Posted by sonnyjimmy

I can assure you it's absolutely true. The lady that bought the ticket was a regular customer, her name is Glenys Churchill, she was a nursing auxiliary at Wrexham Maelor Hospital and was in an 8 nurse syndicate. The night she bought the ticket she had queued for a while at Woolworths but had to leave the queue to catch her bus home, whereupon, she called into our shop and bought the ticket. The nurses each received just over £1 million each. She bought a new Skoda and a caravan in Towyn with her winnings.

The friend of mine was Mel who owned a pallet recovery business in Manchester. He lived at Bronwylfa Hall in Wrexham at the time he won the lottery for the second time. He originally bought the Hall with his first lottery winnings and moved here from Manchester. I was telling him that we had been awarded the lottery at one of our shops and he jokingly offered to come and bless it for us. Mel still drives his favourite car - a Morris Minor Estate and spends most of his days gardening.

A quick story about Mel and his Missus - One day I called round for a brew and he was in the garden. We had a chat for a while and went into the house. He asked if I wanted some lunch and we had beans on toast whilst he explained that he hadn't seen his wife all morning and asked if I'd seen her. He rang his daughter in Manchester thinking she may have gone across for a visit but she wasn't there. His attitude was ''ahh well she'll turn up eventually'' and he went back to his gardening. Later that afternoon he got a phone call from her saying she had driven to Manchester Airport early that morning and caught a flight to New York to ''do a bit of shopping.''
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : I can assure you it's absolutely true. The lady that bought the ticket was a regular customer, her name is Glenys Churchill, she was a nursing auxiliary at Wrexham Maelor Hospital and was in an 8 nurse syndicate. The night she bought the ticket she had queued for a while at Woolworths but had to leave the queue to catch her bus home, whereupon, she called into our shop and bought the ticket. The nurses each received just over £1 million each. She bought a new Skoda and a caravan in Towyn with her winnings. The friend of mine was Mel who owned a pallet recovery business in Manchester. He lived at Bronwylfa Hall in Wrexham at the time he won the lottery for the second time. He originally bought the Hall with his first lottery winnings and moved here from Manchester. I was telling him that we had been awarded the lottery at one of our shops and he jokingly offered to come and bless it for us. Mel still drives his favourite car - a Morris Minor Estate and spends most of his days gardening. A quick story about Mel and his Missus - One day I called round for a brew and he was in the garden. We had a chat for a while and went into the house. He asked if I wanted some lunch and we had beans on toast whilst he explained that he hadn't seen his wife all morning and asked if I'd seen her. He rang his daughter in Manchester thinking she may have gone across for a visit but she wasn't there. His attitude was ''ahh well she'll turn up eventually'' and he went back to his gardening. Later that afternoon he got a phone call from her saying she had driven to Manchester Airport early that morning and caught a flight to New York to ''do a bit of shopping.''
    Posted by elsadog
    alright then i belive you,
    no offence to your mate but bit of a waste though, winning the jackpot twice and all he can be bothered to do is potter about in the garden.
    If that was me id be getting off my t!ts everyday on poker, crack and hookers! charlie sheen style! :)

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : alright then i belive you, no offence to your mate but bit of a waste though, winning the jackpot twice and all he can be bothered to do is potter about in the garden. If that was me id be getting off my t!ts everyday on poker, crack and hookers! charlie sheen style! :)  
    Posted by sonnyjimmy

He obviously doesn't have your mature outlook on life. He just wasted his money on his family.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : I can assure you it's absolutely true. The lady that bought the ticket was a regular customer, her name is Glenys Churchill, she was a nursing auxiliary at Wrexham Maelor Hospital and was in an 8 nurse syndicate. The night she bought the ticket she had queued for a while at Woolworths but had to leave the queue to catch her bus home, whereupon, she called into our shop and bought the ticket. The nurses each received just over £1 million each. She bought a new Skoda and a caravan in Towyn with her winnings. The friend of mine was Mel who owned a pallet recovery business in Manchester. He lived at Bronwylfa Hall in Wrexham at the time he won the lottery for the second time. He originally bought the Hall with his first lottery winnings and moved here from Manchester. I was telling him that we had been awarded the lottery at one of our shops and he jokingly offered to come and bless it for us. Mel still drives his favourite car - a Morris Minor Estate and spends most of his days gardening. A quick story about Mel and his Missus - One day I called round for a brew and he was in the garden. We had a chat for a while and went into the house. He asked if I wanted some lunch and we had beans on toast whilst he explained that he hadn't seen his wife all morning and asked if I'd seen her. He rang his daughter in Manchester thinking she may have gone across for a visit but she wasn't there. His attitude was ''ahh well she'll turn up eventually'' and he went back to his gardening. Later that afternoon he got a phone call from her saying she had driven to Manchester Airport early that morning and caught a flight to New York to ''do a bit of shopping.''
    Posted by elsadog
    This made my day )

great story
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : alright then i belive you, no offence to your mate but bit of a waste though, winning the jackpot twice and all he can be bothered to do is potter about in the garden. If that was me id be getting off my t!ts everyday on poker, crack and hookers! charlie sheen style! :)  
    Posted by sonnyjimmy
    so basically instead of setting yourself up for a comfortable life to the end of your days you would be one of those lottery winners that is on the dole less then a year later..
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : What about all the tenners you wud win tho !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    damn i always miss something!

im gonna have to brush up on my pre post leaks :)
  • edited January 2012
    I wouldn't get excited over the minor prizes. In any lottery the total prizes are paid from the pool less expenses and donations. I'm not sure of the percentages but I'm sure they are available to see somwhere or other.

If we assume you have bought all combinations and have contributed half the pool and that you share the jackpot. Half of all the minor prizes will go to you, but you paid in half the pool. Similarly with the jackpot.

The only way to profit is when you are the only jackpot winner. Even sharing it with one other person results in a loss once expenses are deducted - a bit like rake. If you share it with more than one other you would suffer a huge loss even with all the minor prizes.

Also the logistics of placing and collecting 14 million tickets should not be underestimated. It would be a mammoth task. You could end up like those bank robbers who spent 6 months digging two tunnels for a 7 grand payday. Work it out 4 men - 6 months of digging for 7 grand - better off working at Maccy D's  :o)

Hope that makes you feel better Dave  :o)
  • edited January 2012
    I wouldn't get excited over the minor prizes. In any lottery the total prizes are paid from the pool less expenses and donations. I'm not sure of the percentages but I'm sure they are available to see somwhere or other. If we assume you have bought all combinations and have contributed half the pool and that you share the jackpot. Half of all the minor prizes will go to you, but you paid in half the pool. Similarly with the jackpot. The only way to profit is when you are the only jackpot winner. Even sharing it with one other person results in a loss once expenses are deducted - a bit like rake. If you share it with more than one other you would suffer a huge loss even with all the minor prizes. Also the logistics of placing and collecting 14 million tickets should not be underestimated. It would be a mammoth task. You could end up like those bank robbers who spent 6 months digging two tunnels for a 7 grand payday. Work it out 4 men - 6 months of digging for 7 grand - better off working at Maccy D's  :o) Hope that makes you feel better Dave  :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    thank you,it certainly does!,just saved me 14m :) thats why i love area 51!

still think you are bulling about the "mate" though....you forgot to name his dog and granny :)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : thank you,it certainly does!,just saved me 14m :) thats why i love area 51! still think you are bulling about the "mate" though....you forgot to name his dog and granny :)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    :o)

Mel in Gardening mode

SALFORD-born Lottery winner Mel Eddison could be forgiven for not being bowled over by his £2.5 million jackpot haul.He was, after all, already a millionaire, complete with a chateau in France and a villa in Spain. But when news of his win came through, he did admit sinking a few glasses, possibly with wine made by his own vineyard.And after splitting his winnings with his business partner, Mel used his £1.25 million share to buy another 'pile' - a mansion outside Wrexham in North Wales.

(BTW he sold the ''pile'' went travelling around Australia and hasn't been seen since.)
  • edited January 2012
    Good luck to the bloke on his wins, and if he chooses to spend his time in his garden and in his favourite old car best of British to him and his family.
    I doubt the lottery would lead to massive excesses amongst some of us. What it would bring is freedom and peace of mind. His family can take off for a bit of shopping in New York if thats their thing and he can prune his roses.
    Each to their own, much rather see this than that idiot chav who destroyed his neighbourhood snorting charlie and tearing up the grounds of his house playing dodgems with cars....
    Wonder what happened to him........ Oh yeah,  thats right......
  • edited January 2012
    should be called sky river poker.com
  • edited January 2012
    i must admit if i had won the money i would be a nightmare. with an addictive personality i think i would do myself some harm. wouldnt annoy the neighbours but i think i would spend it rather fast!!!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : He obviously doesn't have your mature outlook on life. He just wasted his money on his family.
    Posted by elsadog
    I was joking :) fair play to him.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : so basically instead of setting yourself up for a comfortable life to the end of your days you would be one of those lottery winners that is on the dole less then a year later..
    Posted by NColley
    hahaha, who said i would give up work?? i love my job!! :)
  • edited February 2012
     Boys dreaming of the big one.?    Mmm

Sky should change its name to;            Sky's the Limit.  !!
  • edited February 2012
    bad beats happen guys just get over it.

if you wanna see bad beat after bad beat, go and play at pokerstars, its absolutly awfull there if ur all in with poket KK and ur called by any ace (and i mean any ace) you have lost end of story.

aces hit the board there 8 times out of ten, thats the reason i eventuallu quit playing there.

i came to sky poker and noticed the difference immediatly KK does win here u arent guaranteed an ace on the board all the time.

just deal with the times ur running bad and enjoy the game.

if u cant do that then quit poker and take up golf or something.

good luck at the tables guys

stuart
  • edited February 2012
    bad beats happen guys just get over it. if you wanna see bad beat after bad beat, go and play at pokerstars, its absolutly awfull there if ur all in with poket KK and ur called by any ace (and i mean any ace) you have lost end of story. aces hit the board there 8 times out of ten, thats the reason i eventuallu quit playing there. i came to sky poker and noticed the difference immediatly KK does win here u arent guaranteed an ace on the board all the time. just deal with the times ur running bad and enjoy the game. if u cant do that then quit poker and take up golf or something. good luck at the tables guys stuart
    Posted by xstuart
    Mixed messages, comic bias and healthy double standard for the win lolz
  • edited February 2012
    Absolutely should change it's name it is so rigged it's impossible to fathom how far or how deep it goes

2 hands on 2 tables within 1 minute of each other, Short stacked in a cash game, and have J7 on a bit of a tilt but a J7 come on the flop, guy goes all in against me with KK I called and a 2nd jack comes on the turn for a full house  and yes you've guesed it, A king comes on the river, I know under normal circumstances I should not have been in the hand but come on how many bad Rivers are we going to get with this terrible site.

Next hand in A Bounty hunter tournament again Got pocket 5's guy bets 2 times BB I call 544 comes down, oh happy days you think, I raise the pot he comes over the top, gotta call yeah, oh no the guy is holding pocket 4s, now get a grip this just can't happen, if the site was kosher and I 100% believe it is not.

I believe there are Sky poker employees playing this site and can manipulate it somehow, now please don't tell me it's impossible, these guys built the site, also please don't tell me that they wouldn't be playing small staked games because that is the perfect place to use a scam like this in the long term, you can hide behind the rotten players for which there are plenty at the small level, you could not hide the really bad beats at the higher levels and you would also find that any good players that were getting scammed like that would not be putting hundreds and sometimes thousands on the line, they would get away with it for a while but not long,

I will not be depositing a single penny into this site

It's also funny that when you look up some of these players on Sharkscope or sky's poker league there name is nowhere to be seen, suspicious eh?

K
  • edited February 2012
    Absolutely should change it's name it is so rigged it's impossible to fathom how far or how deep it goes 2 hands on 2 tables within 1 minute of each other, Short stacked in a cash game, and have J7 on a bit of a tilt but a J7 come on the flop, guy goes all in against me with KK I called and a 2nd jack comes on the turn for a full house  and yes you've guesed it, A king comes on the river, I know under normal circumstances I should not have been in the hand but come on how many bad Rivers are we going to get with this terrible site. Next hand in A Bounty hunter tournament again Got pocket 5's guy bets 2 times BB I call 544 comes down, oh happy days you think, I raise the pot he comes over the top, gotta call yeah, oh no the guy is holding pocket 4s, now get a grip this just can't happen, if the site was kosher and I 100% believe it is not. I believe there are Sky poker employees playing this site and can manipulate it somehow, now please don't tell me it's impossible, these guys built the site, also please don't tell me that they wouldn't be playing small staked games because that is the perfect place to use a scam like this in the long term, you can hide behind the rotten players for which there are plenty at the small level, you could not hide the really bad beats at the higher levels and you would also find that any good players that were getting scammed like that would not be putting hundreds and sometimes thousands on the line, they would get away with it for a while but not long, I will not be depositing a single penny into this site It's also funny that when you look up some of these players on Sharkscope or sky's poker league there name is nowhere to be seen, suspicious eh? K
    Posted by N1VEK
    it can and it did it's poker mate
  • edited February 2012
    pocket 4s!!!! scandalous, and how dare he put you all in the kk the bounder. i got this mental picture of rows of sky employees with blue hoodies playing £3-10 mtts and sngs. and in another room dozens of them play nl4/8/10 cash.
    its a conspiracy i tell ya!
  • edited February 2012
    .......... Next hand in A Bounty hunter tournament again Got pocket 5's guy bets 2 times BB I call 544 comes down, oh happy days you think, I raise the pot he comes over the top, gotta call yeah, oh no the guy is holding pocket 4s, now get a grip this just can't happen, ......... 

I believe there are Sky poker employees playing this site and can manipulate it somehow, now please don't tell me it's impossible, these guys built the site, also please don't tell me that they wouldn't be playing small staked games because that is the perfect place to use a scam like this in the long term, ............
    Posted by N1VEK

Point 1....  Yes it can, an almost identical hand happened between Gus Hansen and Danuel Negranneu live on TV.  Daniel lost over $500,000  so Actually the standard loss for that hand is $500,000, you got off lucky ;o)

Point 2.....   Sorry I can't reply for laughing, a multi million pound organisation is good to risk everything so a few employees can scam a 2p/4p Poker game

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : Point 1....  Yes it can, an almost identical hand happened between Gus Hansen and Danuel Negranneu live on TV.  Daniel lost over $500,000  so Actually the standard loss for that hand is $500,000, you got off lucky ;o) Point 2.....   Sorry I can't reply for laughing, a multi million pound organisation is good to risk everything so a few employees can scam a 2p/4p Poker game
    Posted by JockBMW
    It isn't really about any individual hands to be honest it's about how many times these hands and hands like it come out, I'm also not talking about the bad plays that we all make sometimes I'm talking about how often these bad plays are payed, I'm talking about how it is a falacy that we apparently want to play against these fish that call almost everything and always seem to hit on either the turn or the river, I'm sorry but I don't believe it can happen as often as it does, Now I know your going to say that there are millions of hands played weekly and that these hands are bound to come out but again I'm sorry, NOT AS OFTEN AS THEY DO
  • edited February 2012
    pocket 4s!!!! scandalous, and how dare he put you all in the kk the bounder. i got this mental picture of rows of sky employees with blue hoodies playing £3-10 mtts and sngs. and in another room dozens of them play nl4/8/10 cash. its a conspiracy i tell ya!
    Posted by pod1
    And a point about this one,
    If you were a employee working on the poker site, If you knew you could earn £20,000 - £30,000 every year tax free with very little chance of being caught by your employer and know even if you did get caught there is no way they would prosecute, would you not be tempted, lets face it they could not afford to prosecute as it would bring the whole thing down if it be know that the system could be manipulated in some way and to earn that amount of money ain't that difficult if you played 5 large stack 5/10 and doubled up each time, That's £100 a day and on average you work 200 days a year, Simples CHLK
  • edited February 2012
    so this 1 person would have access to the rng and they would know the cards that they and others have?
  • edited February 2012
    so this 1 person would have access to the rng and they would know the cards that they and others have?
    Posted by pod1
    Pod your making this very silly, hoodies in rooms etc but can you tell me with 100% certanty that it could not be done and you did not answer the question, would you be tempted?
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOULD SKY POKER CHANGE ITS NAME TO SKY JOKER : Pod your making this very silly, hoodies in rooms etc but can you tell me with 100% certanty that it could not be done and you did not answer the question, would you be tempted?
    Posted by N1VEK
    And also as far as I am led to believe poker sites are only regulated and looked at from the hole cards and the Flop, no further,
  • edited February 2012
    im just trying to see HOW it could be done. are you saying these employees are doing it with or without skys consent? how are they seeing cards? how are they accessing this info in "real" time? do you think it wouldnt get flagged up? why do you think sky wouldnt prosecute if they knew nothing of whats going on, its stealing which ever way you cut it!
    as to your other question "would i be tempted" then no is my answer. for the sake of a few grand definatly no, where would it stop, you get away with it for a bit, get greedy get caught, go to jail.