You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bye bye 2 all me mates

edited November 2009 in Area 51
Hi 2 all that know me,soz all but im leaving the site,bad beats? no .feel cheated? no .why then? i am fed up with being able to predict the cards coming out.Most of the time im not even involved in the pot but i see every time the miracle cards coming out.Before anyone jumps on my back,NO im not losing ,my poker is going really well.The problem most definantly lies in the software,it deliberately selects cards to finish games off.No its not fixed towards any one player(it does not care who is in front) it just feeds the cards to put people out.If the site ever changes so this does not happen then i will return.Please dont forget i am not losing so this is not a bad beat moan,i am just very dissapointed as at first i believed everything was random.As i say if it ever changes i will return as this is such a great community.GL to you all and it would be nice to maybe one day return.dav

Comments

• edited November 2009
    gl m8, hope to see u back on tables soon
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates:
    gl m8, hope to see u back on tables soon
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    thanks alot pal and the very best of luck to you my friend
  • edited November 2009

dav your being very stupid here, just delete your post and sleep on it mate.

• edited November 2009
    i am fed up with being able to predict the cards coming out.

Stupidest thing I have ever read ever.

[ ] reason to leave
    [x] reason to stay
    [?] UltimateBet?
  • edited November 2009
    i am fed up with being able to predict the cards coming out. Stupidest thing I have ever read ever. [ ] reason to leave [x] reason to stay [?] UltimateBet?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    dont actually understand your reply? you are honestly saying what lots of players notice happening all of the time? how many times you seen the delay in the final card being issued? like i said read my post my poker play is fine.this is NOT  NOT a bad beat moan
  • edited November 2009
    yes it is dav and its really disappointing to see you do this
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : dont actually understand your reply?
    Posted by dav1964
    It's ok, i'll explain.

If you could truly predict what cards were coming out with even 50% accuracy, then obviously you would never leave this site because you would know whether you were going to win or lose the hand.

mmmmmmmmmmkay?
  • edited November 2009
    dav your being very stupid here, just delete your post and sleep on it mate.
    Posted by webby234
    Hi webby, i dont know you that well but i know you are a decent person and player.Ive made my mind up for the reasons i have stated.What i will say is i will still be watching all of you and occasionally chatting as my mrs debdobs_67 is still playing as she feels different to my views.I wish you and me MRS the best of luck on the tables
  • edited November 2009
    I f I could predict the cards I wouldnt be going anywhere if I were you mate, lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : It's ok, i'll explain. If you could truly predict what cards were coming out with even 50% accuracy, then obviously you would never leave this site because you would know whether you were going to win or lose the hand. mmmmmmmmmmkay?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    are you missing the point my ladyfingers,im not losing.you keep implying that this is some kind of moan.it isnt.im genuinely fed up with what i see.this is only my honest opinion.everyone has a right to that dont they?
  • edited November 2009
    I f I could predict the cards I wouldnt be going anywhere if I were you mate, lol
    Posted by OMahonyO
    fair play,luv that reply
  • edited November 2009

I agree with Dav.
    "how many times you seen the delay in the final card being issued?"
    the answer is lots and the slight split second delay is always before the miracle card.

• edited November 2009
    hi , i don't know you, and i don't understand enough about software to argue a case against you. You obviously feel strongly enough to want to leave this site. I just want to wish you luck at wherever you go, and i do hope your wrong, for the sake of all of us.
  • edited November 2009
    yes it is dav and its really disappointing to see you do this
    Posted by webby234
    please webby it is not.my poker is fanflippin tastic.cashed in SUN OPEN,last nites £1500 b/h last 2 posters freerolls 4th and then 2nd,won a TIKAY SLEEPSTACK,the last 3 £4000 b/h ive played ive cashed in.so please rethink your statement
  • edited November 2009

Sorry to see you leave, dav, really.

Poker really is a weird game, & 52 bits of plastic seem to throw up infinite possibilities.

The momentary "pause" before the River is dealt is standard software, it's allows the players to have a "sweat". What other reason could there be? Software is very fast, & if one was "messing" with the Software, a pause is the last thing you'd want to see introduced.  

To be fair, Sky Poker were responsible for some eye-boggling jaw-dropping stuff on Saturday, in a 150 runner Event. In the first Hour of the Tourney, we saw Quads FOUR TIMES, A-A beaten 10 or more times, by A-J & suchlike. Which is ridiculous, I would agree. But mathematical variance is a weird thing. And it was at a Live Event, in Manchester.

I do hope you reconsider, but if not, I wish you well in the future.
  • edited November 2009
    I agree with Dav. "how many times you seen the delay in the final card being issued?" the answer is lots and the slight split second delay is always before the miracle card.
    Posted by booboo69

The site is full of delays on all streets, sometimes it will take 5 seconds from when I press fold to when my cards disappear.  You prob just remember the flukes
  • edited November 2009
    I agree with Dav. "how many times you seen the delay in the final card being issued?" the answer is lots and the slight split second delay is always before the miracle card.
    Posted by booboo69
    ty and gl
  • edited November 2009
    hi , i don't know you, and i don't understand enough about software to argue a case against you. You obviously feel strongly enough to want to leave this site. I just want to wish you luck at wherever you go, and i do hope your wrong, for the sake of all of us.
    Posted by chirker
    ty chirker and gl
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by booboo69
    Hi boo,

I'm not quite sure what the connection is between the pause, & the "miracle card". What are you suggesting, if I may ask? And what would be the motive? It matters not to the Software Provider who wins or loses - not one jot. They've already been paid.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry to see you leave, dav, really. Poker really is a weird game, & 52 bits of plastic seem to throw up infinite possibilities. The momentary "pause" before the River is dealt is standard software, it's allows the players to have a "sweat". What other reason could there be? Software is very fast, & if one was "messing" with the Software, a pause is the last thing you'd want to see introduced.   To be fair, Sky Poker were responsible for some eye-boggling jaw-dropping stuff on Saturday, in a 150 runner Event. In the first Hour of the Tourney, we saw Quads FOUR TIMES, A-A beaten 10 or more times, by A-J & suchlike. Which is ridiculous, I would agree. But mathematical variance is a weird thing. And it was at a Live Event, in Manchester. I do hope you reconsider, but if not, I wish you well in the future.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay,if you are willing to tell me that in your honest opinion that i am completely wrong then you above anyone else i will believe ,and i will stay.You i respect not only as a player but as a person.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to bye bye 2 all me mates:
    Hi 2 all that know me,soz all but im leaving the site,bad beats? no .feel cheated? no .why then? i am fed up with being able to predict the cards coming out.Most of the time im not even involved in the pot but i see every time the miracle cards coming out.Before anyone jumps on my back,NO im not losing ,my poker is going really well.The problem most definantly lies in the software,it deliberately selects cards to finish games off.No its not fixed towards any one player(it does not care who is in front) it just feeds the cards to put people out.If the site ever changes so this does not happen then i will return.Please dont forget i am not losing so this is not a bad beat moan,i am just very dissapointed as at first i believed everything was random.As i say if it ever changes i will return as this is such a great community.GL to you all and it would be nice to maybe one day return.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    the problem you will have is that all the other sites operate the "get the small stacks out to end the tourney quickly" method(pok..sta.s is by far the worse) so if you are mainly an mtt player there is no point in leaving.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to bye bye 2 all me mates : the problem you will have is that all the other sites operate the "get the small stacks out to end the tourney quickly" method(pok..sta.s is by far the worse) so if you are mainly an mtt player there is no point in leaving.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    thanks for that info LONGPLAY, as i am virtually only an mtt player cheers mate
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Hi tikay,if you are willing to tell me that in your honest opinion that i am completely wrong then you above anyone else i will believe ,and i will stay.You i respect not only as a player but as a person.
    Posted by dav1964
    Not just my opinion - it's a genuine, cast-iron, 100% FACT Dav.

I've spent all my life being as straight as a die, & everyone in Poker knows me, & knows I would not be here if anything were untoward.

I've blown the whistle on all sorts of dodgy stuff elsewhere - that's a matter of fact, & record. I hate cheats & grimmers with a passion you would not believe.

Sky Poker is 100% straight.

It'd be terrific if you reconsidered.
  • edited November 2009
    That guy who got his quad aces beat by the royal flush in the WSOP 2008 made a post like this.

LadyFingers <3

[ ] reason to leave
    [x] reason to stay

Fo sho.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to bye bye 2 all me mates : the problem you will have is that all the other sites operate the "get the small stacks out to end the tourney quickly" method(pok..sta.s is by far the worse) so if you are mainly an mtt player there is no point in leaving.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    That is wholly & 100 % incorrect.

NO Sites - NONE AT ALL - operate such a policy, no software exists to do that, & only someone really really stupid would write such software, because.....

There is no gain to the house.

Crimes have a motive. There is no motive here.
  • edited November 2009

Hi Dav

I have had an awful night, rivered 4 times when ahead, 3 times with AQ on a Q high board with top kicker, everybody has hit the miracle two pair! But it is just unlucky, I have had an unlucky night, lost 1/3 of my bankroll so I will have a night off tomorrow.

I was stood right next to Tikay on Saturday and witnessed all 4 quads and a miracle AJ beats AA with a board of J 4 5 8 J !!

Also saw many aces cracked, all live with dealers who shuffled and used burn cards etc.

Its poker, we take the rough with the smooth, and my 4th beat tonight was on another site so it's not just sky!!

Have a day off, cook a meal for Debs and come back for the posters freeroll on Weds where I will buy you a virtual pint!!

Dave

• edited November 2009
    Hi dav

Glad you decided to stay, poker does that :)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Dav I have had an awful night, rivered 4 times when ahead, 3 times with AQ on a Q high board with top kicker, everybody has hit the miracle two pair! But it is just unlucky, I have had an unlucky night, lost 1/3 of my bankroll so I will have a night off tomorrow. I was stood right next to Tikay on Saturday and witnessed all 4 quads and a miracle AJ beats AA with a board of J 4 5 8 J !! Also saw many aces cracked, all live with dealers who shuffled and used burn cards etc. Its poker, we take the rough with the smooth, and my 4th beat tonight was on another site so it's not just sky!! Have a day off, cook a meal for Debs and come back for the posters freeroll on Weds where I will buy you a virtual pint!! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Correct.

AND there was "the pause". So I could commentate! (Not everything has a sinister motive.)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Not just my opinion - it's a genuine, cast-iron, 100% FACT Dav. I've spent all my life being as straight as a die, & everyone in Poker knows me, & knows I would not be here if anything were untoward. I've blown the whistle on all sorts of dodgy stuff elsewhere - that's a matter of fact, & record. I hate cheats & grimmers with a passion you would not believe. Sky Poker is 100% straight. It'd be terrific if you reconsidered.
    Posted by Tikay10
    TY tikay,consider me returned.as ive already stated this is no bad beat stuff,as you can see by my poker results i aint doin too bad at all.I think i just needed real reinsurance as to what ive been seeing.MAYBE it was the guinness after all.lol and thanks again TIKAY you really are a STAR
  • edited November 2009
    Dav, before you go just think about how many people have posted responses to you in just an hour.  To me that shows there are a LOT of people, including me, who want you to stay. 

My personal suggestion is take a couple of days off and then come back refreshed for the posters freeroll on Wednesday.

Steve