You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bye bye 2 all me mates

1235»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates:
    Not had this myself carl only when iv had really slow connection or my broadband was playing up... im sure as you said you have tried everything to sort the problem and it will be a da mn shame to see you go .. met you in one of my first ever deepstacks and you been a good friend since(as well as i fine player) Hope you sort this out soon mate (il have only Elsa to rail)
    Posted by MrMagooo
    Hi RAT , only sat on the same table and chatted with you a few times .Each time i have admired the way you play  and enjoyed our little chats .Really sorry to hear about the problems you are having . Hopefully somebody will read this and get this sorted for you . Best wishes , pill.
  • edited November 2009
    Not had this myself carl only when iv had really slow connection or my broadband was playing up... im sure as you said you have tried everything to sort the problem and it will be a da mn shame to see you go .. met you in one of my first ever deepstacks and you been a good friend since(as well as i fine player) Hope you sort this out soon mate (il have only Elsa to rail)
    Posted by MrMagooo
    Hi Tony, I'll stay in touch and play off my points on freerolls for a while, I'm just not prepared to play for real money when I cant play my game for fear of missing my turn to act when a hand is in play. There are times when the game doesnt let me act until the decision time is nearly up and there are times when it just doesnt let me act, and there are times when it is perfect.  But when it plays up I cant play my game! Its virtually all in or fold - no value when ahead and over exposure when behind!

I know you said that you havent experienced it, but there have been times when we have been chatting when I'm playing and its been like an interview on a satelite link!  On those occassions I have found that the game freezes and then skips forward meaning I miss my turn to act. 

I'll see what happens with the free roll - if playability improves I'll play more.
  • edited November 2009
    Rattious, those speed & connection problems you're having must be something local (ie, within your PC or router). This site is absolutely perfect for me and always has been. No speed or connection issues at all. Infact, if anything, table loading times have INCREASED compared to say six months ago. Hope you get it sorted so you can carry on playing, but I don't think you can blame Sky.... IMHO :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I want to add some comments.

Rattious -

As I said I think the problem will be with your end rather than Sky. You don't need a powerful PC to play here. My own PC at home is over three years old - it's a P4 2.8Ghz with about 768Mb RAM running Win XP Pro SP2 - which compared to most on here is (I imagine) pretty low spec'd. However, it is CLEAN, meaning it's not full of rubbish apps, there's absolutely no spyware, trojans, viruses, general CPU hog processes etc..etc. It also helps if you keep IE (or whatever browser) up to date and also the Flash software.
    Unfortunately Windows is not the best environment. It's highly volatile and is easily 'damaged' by not only rogue software but often software that should be considered safe. Diagnosing problems can be a highly technical challenge, not one for your avergage PC World person who would simply suggest "a reload". For this reason it's extremely difficult to provide remote support, other than suggesting a few basic general-housekeeping tasks, such as looking after your temp internet file cache, basic anti-spyware & virus type stuff etc.

It really needs some hands-on diagnosis. I don't know where you are in the UK so can't recommend anyone specifically. If you're local to me (South Cheshire / Staffs) then drop me a PM and I may be able to help.

• edited November 2009
    Rattious, those speed & connection problems you're having must be something local (ie, within your PC or router). This site is absolutely perfect for me and always has been. No speed or connection issues at all. Infact, if anything, table loading times have INCREASED compared to say six months ago. Hope you get it sorted so you can carry on playing, but I don't think you can blame Sky.... IMHO :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi NB,

I have talked to the support team, it was there suggestio try Firefox.  And I regularly run disk clean up, delete temp files and dont run other applications when I am playing, I use a 250/2 GB lap top with VISTA and have tried differenent connctions and proviers.  Its not a constant problem and its not occuring at peak times - its variable.  Yet with out naming other sites I have played on others without problems.   AND until about 2 months ago I had played on Sky a year without any problems.....  It's my assumption that something happened to the software in september when the site crashed a few times and upgrades were implemented

Any ideas are welcome
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : I want to add some comments. Rattious - As I said I think the problem will be with your end rather than Sky. You don't need a powerful PC to play here. My own PC at home is over three years old - it's a P4 2.8Ghz with about 768Mb RAM running Win XP Pro SP2 - which compared to most on here is (I imagine) pretty low spec'd. However, it is CLEAN, meaning it's not full of rubbish apps, there's absolutely no spyware, trojans, viruses, general CPU hog processes etc..etc. It also helps if you keep IE (or whatever browser) up to date and also the Flash software. Unfortunately Windows is not the best environment. It's highly volatile and is easily 'damaged' by not only rogue software but often software that should be considered safe. Diagnosing problems can be a highly technical challenge, not one for your avergage PC World person who would simply suggest "a reload". For this reason it's extremely difficult to provide remote support, other than suggesting a few basic general-housekeeping tasks, such as looking after your temp internet file cache, basic anti-spyware & virus type stuff etc. It really needs some hands-on diagnosis. I don't know where you are in the UK so can't recommend anyone specifically. If you're local to me (South Cheshire / Staffs) then drop me a PM and I may be able to help.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Post tennis?  Thanks for your comments Nosey - as you will see from my reply to your last, I have tried the basics. You obviusly know more than I - could VISTA updates be responsible?

Carl
  • edited November 2009
    I would initially take a close look at the CPU utilization (right-click Start Bar and use Task Manager) at the times you're experiencing trouble, to see if any processes are hogging the resource. You may get the first clues in the trail.......

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : I want to add some comments. Rattious - As I said I think the problem will be with your end rather than Sky. You don't need a powerful PC to play here. My own PC at home is over three years old - it's a P4 2.8Ghz with about 768Mb RAM running Win XP Pro SP2 - which compared to most on here is (I imagine) pretty low spec'd. However, it is CLEAN, meaning it's not full of rubbish apps, there's absolutely no spyware, trojans, viruses, general CPU hog processes etc..etc. It also helps if you keep IE (or whatever browser) up to date and also the Flash software. Unfortunately Windows is not the best environment. It's highly volatile and is easily 'damaged' by not only rogue software but often software that should be considered safe. Diagnosing problems can be a highly technical challenge, not one for your avergage PC World person who would simply suggest "a reload". For this reason it's extremely difficult to provide remote support, other than suggesting a few basic general-housekeeping tasks, such as looking after your temp internet file cache, basic anti-spyware & virus type stuff etc. It really needs some hands-on diagnosis. I don't know where you are in the UK so can't recommend anyone specifically. If you're local to me (South Cheshire / Staffs) then drop me a PM and I may be able to help.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Post tennis?  Thanks for your comments Nosey - as you will see from my reply to your last, I have tried the basics. You obviously know more than me and I appreciate your offer of further help but I am in (sunny) Newcastle.

One further thought could VISTA updates be responsible?

Carl
  • edited November 2009
    You obviusly know more than I - could VISTA updates be responsible? Carl
    Posted by Rattious
    That's the problem - there's a million possibilities (ok, not a million but a lot lol), so yes it could be the updates. And Vista..... the whole product is one sorry mess that should never have seen the light of day! Don't get me started on that one lol

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : That's the problem - there's a million possibilities (ok, not a million but a lot lol), so yes it could be the updates. And Vista..... the whole product is one sorry mess that should never have seen the light of day! Don't get me started on that one lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk[/QUOTE

Hmmmm, once again I appreciate your comments and if I am wrong about the software - my appologies to Sky

The other half has a net book that runs XP - I'll give that a whirl... with its tiny key board ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    The other half has a net book that runs XP - I'll give that a whirl... with its tiny key board ;-)
    Posted by Rattious
    Great. Yes if you have access to another computer then that's a good thing to try. If it's fine then you have your answer and can dig deeper into your own PC. If it's still troublesome then you can look at what other common elements there might be, such as the internet connection (including routing devices and broadband connection).

Good luck!

• edited November 2009
    It's almost certainly the vista updates. Without a good registry mechanic they can cause havoc. Things I would try;

Go to system restore and restore to a point approx 3 weeks ago.

Run disc defragmentation after windows updates post system restore.

If you don't have ''registry mechanic'' download it for a trial period.

Failing all that swap Vista for windows XP home edition, that WILL speed your laptop up. Vista is nice but still fraught with problems.
  • edited November 2009
    Just a note on the vista updates. Over the past few weeks there have been a lot of updates coming through. I ran PC Tools registry mechanic after them and it came up with over 300 errors, which it then corrected. I've had no problems whatsoever. I had 3 Sky tables and one from another place all on together last night without any lag.
  • edited November 2009