You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bye bye 2 all me mates

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates:
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : That is wholly & 100 % incorrect. NO Sites - NONE AT ALL - operate such a policy, no software exists to do that, & only someone really really stupid would write such software, because..... There is no gain to the house. Crimes have a motive. There is no motive here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    "there is no gain to the house" erm except for the fact that the site does not want hundreds/thousands of people tied up in tournaments for "too long" when they could be entering new games and paying new fees,there's your motive.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi all, glad 2 hear what you are saying about skypoker, i love to watch the real play poker games that are on Tv late late evening & its amazing to watch the way the cards fall, it just goes to show poker is about 7 cards, 2 holding & 5 community cards & its really not over til the last card is laid.
    Glad dav decided to stay. xx
  • edited November 2009
    Dav,

if you had a system that took a small percentage of money off the 4000 + players a day that play this poker site would you want it to work properly and fairly so that eveyone had a good experience and wanted to come back? Also if there was a governing body that said unless your software is fair we wont let you operate and check that it is fair would you not want it to be the best software that there was around so that you can keep all these players and take those small percentages 24/7 365 days a year?
    To me as a business man myself it would be absolute stupidity to fix/rig the software! Why would you if you are already a winner?

Sounds to me dav that you just have got a great read for the game and this is why you see the beats more clearly. I have seen far worse / as bad a bad beat at live events as much as i have online...the thing with online is that its concentrated...i.e more hands per minute and obviously you can multi table too so that see even more.

if you are ever seriously worried check out how many hands do stand up also, you;ll find that it works out right  in the long run.  hope that helps

carl
  • edited November 2009
    Dav, before you go just think about how many people have posted responses to you in just an hour.  To me that shows there are a LOT of people, including me, who want you to stay.  My personal suggestion is take a couple of days off and then come back refreshed for the posters freeroll on Wednesday. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    HI MATE,AFTER TIKAYS FEEDBACK I FEEL 100% BETTER AND I AM DEFO STAYING.BUT I FEEL NO NEED TO TAKE TIME OFF AS LIKE IVE STATED LOADS I DIDNT COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY BAD BEATS ETC IVE HAD A REAL HOT STREAK.AND I WILL SEE YOU AND ALL OF THE REGULARS (MY FRIENDS) IN THE POSTERS ON WEDNESDAY GL
  • edited November 2009
    Dav, if you had a system that took a small percentage of money off the 4000 + players a day that play this poker site would you want it to work properly and fairly so that eveyone had a good experience and wanted to come back? Also if there was a governing body that said unless your software is fair we wont let you operate and check that it is fair would you not want it to be the best software that there was around so that you can keep all these players and take those small percentages 24/7 365 days a year? To me as a business man myself it would be absolute stupidity to fix/rig the software! Why would you if you are already a winner? Sounds to me dav that you just have got a great read for the game and this is why you see the beats more clearly. I have seen far worse / as bad a bad beat at live events as much as i have online...the thing with online is that its concentrated...i.e more hands per minute and obviously you can multi table too so that see even more. if you are ever seriously worried check out how many hands do stand up also, you;ll find that it works out right  in the long run.  hope that helps carl
    Posted by Whizza
    CHEERS MATE THAT WAS A GREAT POST,HOPE YOU ARE SPOT ON ABOUT MY READS,GL AT THE TABLES
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Dave, I see your point about predicting the river card........I do it too. But what is happening isn't what you think. It's a trick of the mind. There are a couple of things happening here. Selective memory is an inbuilt human trait and affects everyone. You remember the one's you get right and the brain dismisses the one's you don't. The second thing is that often in a showdown there will be multiple outs to win the hand. One spade needed for the flush for instance will hit regularly and your brain will retain that. We are programmed to see patterns in all forms of our lives and that's what your brain is doing subconsciously.

Listen to Tikay and have a short break. What you are suffering isn't unusual and certainly not unique, just look at things tomorrow with a clear head and use a little logical thinking.

See you soon on the tables m8.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : "there is no gain to the house" erm except for the fact that the site does not want hundreds/thousands of people tied up in tournaments for "too long" when they could be entering new games and paying new fees,there's your motive.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    The Site does not want to send it's Players busto, either. What purpose would that serve?

I find it quite extraordinary that anyone could think a Company like Sky would be so utterly dumb as to lend their name to outright fraud. Or that you consider I would be associated with them if they did.

I guess we'll agree to differ.
  • edited November 2009
    This thread is why i dont like this posters freeroll structure. Why should someone making horrible threads like this be granted priveledges into those tournaments? This guy is contributing nothing whatsoever to the forum other than propaganda.

This thread is like what, PostCount+10 for dav1964?
  • edited November 2009
    I think this site (and all of them) are 100% legit - what's the gain for the house for them not to be?
    I do have 1 gripe with Sky's software, and would love to see someone address the issue.
    When tables split to fill up empty seats, it sends the highest chip count to the tables with the other high chipstacks. It isn't random. In a tournament of 250 people it isn't rare to see 4 of the top 10 on 1 table.
    Once in a blue moon this is bound to happen, but on SKy it's virtually all the time.
    Sort it please.
  • edited November 2009
    This thread is why i dont like this posters freeroll structure. Why should someone making horrible threads like this be granted priveledges into those tournaments? This guy is contributing nothing whatsoever to the forum other than propaganda. This thread is like what, PostCount+10 for dav1964?
    Posted by Deadluck
    That's a little unfair Mr Luck. He's had a bad night, maybe a tipple or two too many, but he's now openly acknowledged he may have made a rash judgement.

It's cool, & it's good.

Haddock is down in price this week, too.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : That's a little unfair Mr Luck. He's had a bad night, maybe a tipple or two too many, but he's now openly acknowledged he may have made a rash judgement. It's cool, & it's good. Haddock is down in price this week, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Eat more fish!

• edited November 2009
    I think this site 9and all of them) are 100% legit - what's the gain for the house for them not to be? I do have 1 gripe with Sky's software, and would love to see someone address the issue. When tables split to fill up empty seats, it sends the highest chip count to the tables with the other high chipstacks. It isn't random. In a tournament of 250 people it isn't rare to see 4 of the top 10 on 1 table. Once in a blue moon this is bound to happen, but on SKy it's virtually all the time. Sort it please.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Q1. No it does not. FACT.

Q2. Yes it is. FACT.

It may seem that way, but it's not.

There is absolutely, catregorically, no basis of fact to your statements, I'm sorry, I really am. I'd be happy to examine any evidence you have to back up that claim though.

PS - It's GOOD to be on a Table with the Big Stacks - they have more chips to win!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : The Site does not want to send it's Players busto, either. What purpose would that serve? I find it quite extraordinary that anyone could think a Company like Sky would be so utterly dumb as to lend their name to outright fraud. Or that you consider I would be associated with them if they did. I guess we'll agree to differ.
    Posted by Tikay10
    to be honest i do not have a problem with tournaments progressing this way,there is little point in countless players with 400 chips winning races against 60k stacks,it simply lengthens the action pointlessly,..so for the record i do believe things are a bit fishy on sites towards the end of mtts  but i accept the reasons and almost condone it.
  • edited November 2009
    This thread is why i dont like this posters freeroll structure. Why should someone making horrible threads like this be granted priveledges into those tournaments? This guy is contributing nothing whatsoever to the forum other than propaganda. This thread is like what, PostCount+10 for dav1964?
    Posted by Deadluck
    NOTICE YOU KEEP REPLYING NONSENSE,I MAKE THE POSTERS WITHOUT WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE TRYING,WHY DONT YOU EITHER GO AWAY OR SAY SOMETHING THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE
  • edited November 2009
    I agree it's great to be with the other big-stacks, but it's also great to be able to bully with the little guys.
    Again, if you know hand-on-heart that it's random, I'll believe you. I just find it amazing to see 3 of the top 5 on 1 table when there's still 250 runners. As I say - once in a blue moon it's got to happen. It just seems much more than that.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : to be honest i do not have a problem with tournaments progressing this way,there is little point in countless players with 400 chips winning races against 60k stacks,it simply lengthens the action pointlessly,..so for the record i do believe things are a bit fishy on sites towards the end of mtts  but i accept the reasons and almost condone it.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    Unortunately ward x in area51 is unable to accomodate any more inmates at the moment, but leave your details on the area51 forum and we will get back to you asap. :o)
  • edited November 2009
    I agree it's great to be with the other big-stacks, but it's also great to be able to bully with the little guys. Again, if you know hand-on-heart that it's random, I'll believe you. I just find it amazing to see 3 of the top 5 on 1 table when there's still 250 runners. As I say - once in a blue moon it's got to happen. It just seems much more than that.
    Posted by Eyeman
    I DO - KNOW - 100% that it's random.

It happens in Live Poker, too, it's uncanny how often. But as someone Posted earlier, it's a trick of the mind.
  • edited November 2009
    Fair enough. I'll keep notes (on all games - that's only fair) and see.
  • edited November 2009
    There's nothing I could say in this thread that could ever contribute to a healthy forum.

It belongs in Area 51.

Tikay - Sure he may have had a bad night (even though he also openly contradicted this and said that he has been winning and not suffered any of these so called fixed bad beats), but why should these kind of threads contribute to allow someone to participate in freerolls? Its fraud and plain stupid. There's a lot of other threads with some v good hand advice and suggestions that are a million times more beneficial to the sky poker community.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Unortunately ward x in area51 is unable to accomodate any more inmates at the moment, but leave your details on the area51 forum and we will get back to you asap. :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    the people who were in charge of u/bet so wish all there forumites had been like you,they'd still be thieving there customers to this day and they'd be thanking the likes of you for it,thankfully the players on that site were not like you though and things were solved.
  • edited November 2009
    There's nothing I could say in this thread that could ever contribute to a healthy forum. It belongs in Area 51. Tikay - Sure he may have had a bad night (even though he also openly contradicted this and said that he has been winning and not suffered any of these so called fixed bad beats), but why should these kind of threads contribute to allow someone to participate in freerolls? Its fraud and plain stupid. There's a lot of other threads with some v good hand advice and suggestions that are a million times more beneficial to the sky poker community.
    Posted by Deadluck
    N1 YOU GOT ANOTHER POST IN THERE I SEE.I CONTRIBUTE ALOT TO THIS FORUM IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE WHY DONT YOU JUST DO THAT AND STOP MAKING SNIDEY REMARKS.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : the people who were in charge of u/bet so wish all there forumites had been like you,they'd still be thieving there customers to this day and they'd be thanking the likes of you for it,thankfully the players on that site were not like you though and things were solved.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    Go on 2+2 and post some conspiracy theories and see what happens.......or any other forum for that matter. The things that caused suspicion there were factual not wild speculation based on a few hands and a bad night at the tables.

I've been around the online game longer than most and heard it all before, but never heard one argument that stands up to scrutiny.

Can I suggest you get up tomorrow and re-read your comment about ''nearly condoning it'' and then reconsider what you said and my reply. A sense of humour check wouldn't go amiss either.
  • edited November 2009
    There's nothing I could say in this thread that could ever contribute to a healthy forum. It belongs in Area 51. Tikay - Sure he may have had a bad night (even though he also openly contradicted this and said that he has been winning and not suffered any of these so called fixed bad beats), but why should these kind of threads contribute to allow someone to participate in freerolls? Its fraud and plain stupid. There's a lot of other threads with some v good hand advice and suggestions that are a million times more beneficial to the sky poker community.
    Posted by Deadluck
    SORRY MATE JUST VISITED YOUR PROFILE PAGE AND SEEN YOU ARE ONLY 21(PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE) SORRY SON
  • edited November 2009
    LADS--I HAVE PLAYED ON A SITE THAT I KNOW 100% FACT, THAT IT IS A RIP-OFF SITE THAT MANIPULATES CARDS AT WILL---SKY POKER IS A MILLION MILES FROM THIS KIND OF SITE---NO WAY IS IT FIXED!---I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

I ALSO COMPLETELY BELIEVE THAT TIKAY WOULD NOT BE HERE IF HE THOUGHT ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE INTEGRITY OF THIS SITE----NUFF SAID
  • edited November 2009
    LADS--I HAVE PLAYED ON A SITE THAT I KNOW 100% FACT, THAT IT IS A RIP-OFF SITE THAT MANIPULATES CARDS AT WILL---SKY POKER IS A MILLION MILES FROM THIS KIND OF SITE---NO WAY IS IT FIXED!---I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! I ALSO COMPLETELY BELIEVE THAT TIKAY WOULD NOT BE HERE IF HE THOUGHT ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE INTEGRITY OF THIS SITE----NUFF SAID
    Posted by oynutter
    SOZ NUTTER ITS MY FAULT FOR ALL OF THIS PROBABLY MY MIND PLAYING TRICKS.I JUST NEED TO GET THIS DEADDUCK OOPS DEADLUCK OFF ME BACK HES GETTIN HEAVY NOW LOL
  • edited November 2009
    Is that some poor attempt to patronise me?

This thread just reached new depths of terrible.

IBTL
  • edited November 2009
    GLAD YOU ARE STAYING DAV , SEE YOU ON THE TABLES SOON . GL.
  • edited November 2009
    Is that some poor attempt to patronise me? This thread just reached new depths of terrible. IBTL
    Posted by Deadluck
    NO it was a good one,got your attention i see
  • edited November 2009
    If internet poker has taught me anything it's that people will see any pattern they want to see in complete randomness and complain about it. It irritates me every time I see it and even though I mean no real offence to them when I say it is an unbelievably stupid thing to believe I have no doubt they WILL take offence because that's exactly the kind of people they are. Not particularly directed at the threadstarter but just in general
  • edited November 2009
    If internet poker has taught me anything it's that people will see any pattern they want to see in complete randomness and complain about it. It irritates me every time I see it and even though I mean no real offence to them when I say it is an unbelievably stupid thing to believe I have no doubt they WILL take offence because that's exactly the kind of people they are. Not particularly directed at the threadstarter but just in general
    Posted by Majj
    no offence taken at all majj,this is all my fault and i apologise.tikay has wisened me up but this was nowt to do with any bad beats at all,just me mind playing tricks i think