You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bye bye 2 all me mates

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Gonna find me a goose to say BOO too
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates:
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Great Post, but I'm sorry, if folks say the software is deliberately rigged, they are saying the Site is corrupt. The two things are inseperable. Yes, it's a common thing to say, usually by those who take losing badly. It's the Internet age, where these folks can say ridic things Online, but when they meet you face to face, don't say boo to a goose.* * I wonder where that expression emenates from? I don't actually ever recall doing it, seeing it, or hearing it done, to be honest.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Boo as in to scare someone.... Taken from saying Shoo to a goose, to round up the geese. Geese are timid and don't take kindly to being shooed! 
  • edited November 2009
    Gonna find me a goose to say BOO too
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    After reading this thread, i'm off to say GOO to some BOOSE........
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Boo as in to scare someone.... Taken from saying Shoo to a goose, to round up the geese. Geese are timid and don't take kindly to being shooed! 
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Err, Geese are NOT timid, trust me!

In many parts of Africa - Kenya, The Gambia, Senegal for example - geese are used as guard dogs.

Don't mess with geese!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Err, Geese are NOT timid, trust me! In many parts of Africa - Kenya, The Gambia, Senegal for example - geese are used as guard dogs. Don't mess with geese!
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tikay please have a look at elsadogs thread here in area 51 ive made a post for me old man
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Err, Geese are NOT timid, trust me! In many parts of Africa - Kenya, The Gambia, Senegal for example - geese are used as guard dogs. Don't mess with geese!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats what it said on the 'net (tin) lol

I think timid when we ate them a lot, now they are rampaging monsters with uber confidence.

• edited November 2009

gl dave wherever you go m8 hope u change ur mind and stay,anyway after reading some replys  about sky being corrupt, i think is complete rubbish why would they favour chip leader they not gonna make any money of him

• edited November 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Spoons.

• edited November 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Spoons.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Bicycle pump.
  • edited November 2009
    The pause is their for one thing, and one thing only, it allows time for the dealer to thumb through the cards and select the one that will give the greatest laugh.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Hi tikay,if you are willing to tell me that in your honest opinion that i am completely wrong then you above anyone else i will believe ,and i will stay.You i respect not only as a player but as a person.
    Posted by dav1964
    What about me? - its luck and random me thinks
  • edited November 2009
    The pause is their for one thing, and one thing only, it allows time for the dealer to thumb through the cards and select the one that will give the greatest laugh.
    Posted by loonytoons
    YEAH,NORMALLY AT MY EXPENSE .
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    Rumbled, sigh.
  • edited November 2009
    Sky_Peter made a very good post about the software which is still a 'sticky' at the top of this very forum.

Tikay, on the 2nd July you said "I really hope it puts a stop to all this "rigged" nonsense.". Sorry your hopes have been dashed ;-) lol

• edited November 2009
    Sky_Peter made a very good post about the software which is still a 'sticky' at the top of this very forum. Tikay, on the 2nd July you said "I really hope it puts a stop to all this "rigged" nonsense." . Sorry your hopes have been dashed ;-) lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It will always be so, I'm afraid!

Since July, the Forum has grown dramatically, particularly the last month, & new Members are arriving daily, in droves, & long may it last.

The whole "it's rigged" thing completely baffles me - I mean, really, surely anyone can work out that there is no motive, it would be wholly counter-productive in fact, but still it comes, again & again. And every time they say it, they are saying (if they could but think it through) that the Staff are corrupt. It's unforgiveable in my personal opinion. I try to be on message with Sky Poker as much as I can, but I draw the line when it's implied I knowingly work with & for a corrupt organisation.

I have a theory as to why so many people, seemingly intelligent in every other respect, draw such bizarre conclusions from the crash-bang hands that are part & parcel of poker. It's about accepting accountability for our actions. I play poker, for money, knowing that sick outdraws (& lets not forget, suckouts) are part of the game. If I lose - no matter what the circumstances - it's because I have chosen to play a high energy, high adrenelin, game of chance, instead of a wholly skill-based game such as Chess. Playing poker, I can win money easily, at the turn of a card, & I can lose it just as easily. If I lose, when I lose, I blame myself, & don't look for an excuse. These so-called "Conspiracy Theorists" are just bad losers, who want to blame somebody or something else for their loss.

In life, we must all pay our own bills.
  • edited November 2009
    I've just been purchasing lotto tickets online. It made me wonder... Do the people who think the Sky Poker RNG is rigged think that perhaps the Camelot RNG (for lucky dips) is also rigged? ;-)

• edited November 2009
    I've just been purchasing lotto tickets online. It made me wonder... Do the people who think the Sky Poker RNG is rigged think that perhaps the Camelot RNG (for lucky dips) is also rigged? ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    SILENCE ....................... NOSEY , I THINK YOU HAVE JUST KILLED THIS THREAD
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : It will always be so, I'm afraid! Since July, the Forum has grown dramatically, particularly the last month, & new Members are arriving daily, in droves, & long may it last. The whole "it's rigged" thing completely baffles me - I mean, really, surely anyone can work out that there is no motive, it would be wholly counter-productive in fact, but still it comes, again & again. And every time they say it, they are saying (if they could but think it through) that the Staff are corrupt. It's unforgiveable in my personal opinion. I try to be on message with Sky Poker as much as I can, but I draw the line when it's implied I knowingly work with & for a corrupt organisation. I have a theory as to why so many people, seemingly intelligent in every other respect, draw such bizarre conclusions from the crash-bang hands that are part & parcel of poker. It's about accepting accountability for our actions. I play poker, for money, knowing that sick outdraws (& lets not forget, suckouts) are part of the game. If I lose - no matter what the circumstances - it's because I have chosen to play a high energy, high adrenelin, game of chance, instead of a wholly skill-based game such as Chess. Playing poker, I can win money easily, at the turn of a card, & I can lose it just as easily. If I lose, when I lose, I blame myself, & don't look for an excuse. These so-called "Conspiracy Theorists" are just bad losers, who want to blame somebody or something else for their loss. In life, we must all pay our own bills.
    Posted by Tikay10

OI OI that was my theory too lol see previous long post by me - 10/11/2009 1:41 PM GMT. Glad to see I am thinking along the same lines as you though TK :)

The nail has been hit on the head. Bad losers.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : are you missing the point my ladyfingers,im not losing.you keep implying that this is some kind of moan.it isnt.im genuinely fed up with what i see.this is only my honest opinion.everyone has a right to that dont they?
    Posted by dav1964
    let me get this right..you've spotted a flaw in the software and can predict what cards are going to come out,you keep winning.

but even though you win you are leaving?????

one word,nonsense!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : let me get this right..you've spotted a flaw in the software and can predict what cards are going to come out,you keep winning. but even though you win you are leaving????? one word,nonsense!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Davey,

He had a bad night, realised he was wrong, & has now apologised to everyone fulsomely.

I'd rather not embarrass him further.

If you Edit your Post to something bland & meaningless, I'll do the same to mine, & then he does not need to feel worse than he already does!

Top man you.

TIA. 
  • edited November 2009
    I have had some shocking,,truely shocking bad beats in the last 24hrs,
    They were not coin flips,,i was 1/7 on, in most. 
    I put it down to "its my turn", but i never hang around on any site for more pain, so I am switching, for my day to day poker, I have to look after #1,

May play the £100 still, plus any other big ones that may come along in the next couple of months, any 3 figure entrys i'm in, i do like the standard at the top end.

Plus i will get a few quid at the end of November,that will pay for a sunday night tourney.

But bye for now ...... 
  • edited November 2009
    Bye the way,,for all the conspiricy theorists,,,

ITS NOT FECKING RIGGED...GET REAL,,

IF Your lucks out on a particular site its fecking out,,accept it,, I have lost over 1.5k in the last 24hrs,,, and i have blamed everything under the sun, including the dog,,but not the software, GROW UP... 

IT AINT RIGGED,,

Cu all in a month or two at the tables....
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Don't get me going on the Camelot RNG............played it since it started and never, ever won the jackpot, What a fix. They should be investigated. My next door neighbour is the same..........never won the jackpot. It's rigged, rigged. Every week the same numbers, always between 1 and 49.......every week. Totally bent. If I don't win the jackpot soon I'm gonna give up.

I suppose someone will come on here and defend it. Mugs you're all mugs. And don't give me the maths rubbish....there's only 49 numbers and I've played it hundreds of times, hundreds.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : Don't get me going on the Camelot RNG............played it since it started and never, ever won the jackpot, What a fix. They should be investigated. My next door neighbour is the same..........never won the jackpot. It's rigged, rigged. Every week the same numbers, always between 1 and 49.......every week. Totally bent. If I don't win the jackpot soon I'm gonna give up. I suppose someone will come on here and defend it. Mugs you're all mugs. And don't give me the maths rubbish....there's only 49 numbers and I've played it hundreds of times, hundreds.
    Posted by elsadog
    10 of us in work did a syndicate, 10 tickets every wednesday and every saturday for a year, thats 1000 tickets lol. We 'won' two tenners
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: bye bye 2 all me mates : 10 of us in work did a syndicate, 10 tickets every wednesday and every saturday for a year, thats 1000 tickets lol. We 'won' two tenners
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yes, but look on the bright side. The Rake is about 70%, so if you won, you'd still be miffed.

The Lottery is pure, genuine, daylight robbery. For every £1 you spend, a whole £0.30p is paid out in prizes. Even Orford can't lose 70p in the £ playing poker.
  • edited November 2009
    I personally sold a jackpot ticket from one of our shops. £8 million (The Wrexham Nurses Syndicate). People stopped coming in the shop afterwards and some wouldn't even speak to me. Not being of timid nature I tackled some of them about their attitude. They said that it was alright for me because I got 10% of the winnings. I didn't, I actually got 5p for the ticket sale. The winners didn't even offer to buy me a pint. It cost me thousands in lost business, but eventually sales returned to normal. Oh! I did get a certificate from Camelot saying I'd sold the winning jackpot ticket. I glued a nice new 5p piece to it and hung it in the shop.

I was to shopkeeping what Basil Fawlty was to hotels
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry to see you leave, dav, really. Poker really is a weird game, & 52 bits of plastic seem to throw up infinite possibilities. The momentary "pause" before the River is dealt is standard software, it's allows the players to have a "sweat". What other reason could there be? Software is very fast, & if one was "messing" with the Software, a pause is the last thing you'd want to see introduced.   To be fair, Sky Poker were responsible for some eye-boggling jaw-dropping stuff on Saturday, in a 150 runner Event. In the first Hour of the Tourney, we saw Quads FOUR TIMES, A-A beaten 10 or more times, by A-J & suchlike. Which is ridiculous, I would agree. But mathematical variance is a weird thing. And it was at a Live Event, in Manchester. I do hope you reconsider, but if not, I wish you well in the future.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am only looking at this thread and this post in particular, as I am also going to sit out of sky poker for a while until the software is improved and I was looking for somewhere to register my 'beef'. 

Like Dav I have experienced "Matrix Moments" where players are all in preflop, the best hand hits the flop hard, leaving the worst hand needing runner, runner, they hit the turn, then they hit the river.... And I just 'knew' the one card that would come to make the miracle - Of course I didn't really know, I just knew that was the out they needed and my brain was telling me fractionally before it happened - when you understand the maths and you see enough hands to see enough bad beats then you will occasionally have a sense of deja vu. So whilst I understand what Dav is saying, I disagree with him - this site doesn't dish up hands to end games, the blind structures do that.

However, something has happened to the software in the last two months. And in my experience its just not good enough now.  I am sick and tired of being sat out and disconnected, I have tried switching between Windows Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, I have tried using mobile broad band, Virgin and BT open and its the same story - every day I am sat out of a game, the table wont open or I experience a lag in game play where I am sat clicking raise or call and nothing happens... the play freezes and when I catch up the hand is over! It's cost me money and its happened so often that I no longer have confidence in the site.  

I will come back to sky poker when I am convinced that the software is up to supporting the site, which is the best I have played on in terms of entertainment, playing standards and the community spirit.  Whilst other sites dont have the spirit they do have the software, hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• edited November 2009
    Lol theres about a 100 post made in the time it took me to write my last post - good site spirit as I said.

• edited November 2009
    Rattious, those speed & connection problems you're having must be something local (ie, within your PC or router). This site is absolutely perfect for me and always has been. No speed or connection issues at all. Infact, if anything, table loading times have INCREASED compared to say six months ago.
    Hope you get it sorted so you can carry on playing, but I don't think you can blame Sky.... IMHO :)
  • edited November 2009
    What you doin up at this time in the morning Nosey?

I thought there was only one seven for you and that was pm.

Wet the bed?