You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited June 2012
    DAY  34

part 2...

£2.25
           w  12  +£21.00
            l   5   -£11.25
                     ---------
                     +£9.75
    £1.15
           w  10  +£8.50
            l   5   -£5.75
                    ---------
                    +£2.75

won  £12.50  +£0.65 freeroll

won  £13.15

b/roll  £146.41  (+£105.70)

c4p   77
    total  323  (+£50.50 c4p to come)

rolling along nicely atm.
    playing slightly under target levels,but as i,m winning,quite happy playing there.
    :-)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  35

£2.25
           w  19  +£33.25
            l   22  -£49.50
                     ---------
                    -£16.25
    £1.15
           w  19  +£16.25
            l   15  -£17.25
                     ----------
                    -£1.00

lost  £17.30  (5p adrift)

b/roll   £129.11  (+£88.40)

c4p   190
    total  513 = £4.10  (£50.50 c4p to come)

1st loss 4 a while,so can,t complain.
    glad i was only playing £1 & £2 tables,as would have been alot worse.
    ran terrible,but it happens from time 2 time.
    back laters
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Its monday today m8 so am sure you will be fine & pull it back laters :-)

• edited June 2012
    thanks Mike,
    think earlier today was just about the worst run i,ve had,apart from that nite we don,t mention anymore...lol

DAY  35

£5.50
           w  3   +£13.50
            l  2    -£11.00
                      --------
                    +£2.50
    £3.30
           w  3  +£8.10
            l  2   -£6.60
                    -------
                    +£1.50
    £2.25
           w  8  +£14.00
               4  -£9.00
                   ------------
                   +£5.00
    £1.15
           w  7  +£5.95
            l  4  -£4.60
                    --------
                  +£1.35

won  £10.35

b/roll  £139.46 (+£98.75)

+£50.50 c4p to come

c4p   98
    total  611 =£4.89

better nite,
    got some back from earlier today.
    dev

• edited June 2012

Bouncebackability. ;-)
  • edited June 2012

FINALLY got a 2nd monitor - gonna try a little 18 tabling now, c how it goes.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £108.31):
    DAY  32 £3.30        w  4  +£10.80         l  1  -£3.30                 -------                +£7.50 £2.25        w  5  +£8.75         l  3  -£6.75                 --------                +£2.00 won £9.50 b/roll  £117.81 (+£77.10) c4p  39 (+£50.50 to come) "booked the win" took the small risk of playing £3 games going to start off this month taking any win by stopping session early. it will mean less c4p but by trying to ensure a winning session as often as possible,this should more than compensate c4p,i think. it will also ensure i don,t "burn out" and keep me progressing forwards. (*  *)    "    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Booking a winning session is a bad idea. Generally, it's something that Poker Players do when they're low on confidence.

Most of the time when we're winning money, it's because we're playing well. Booking a winning session means that when we're playing our A-game, and therefore, playing most profitably, we're ending our session early to book a profit. It also means when we're playing our worst, we're losing money, but want to book a winning session and try to win back the money we lose, so we play more when we're playing at our worst, and playing less when we're playing at our best, which doesn't make much sense.

If you're worried about getting burnt out, it would probably be a better idea to limit the amount of time that you play each day, or the amount of DYMs that you play, and only play longer than that if you're playing your A-game, running good, and really want to continue playing. Stopping when you've made a couple of quid is generally a bad idea for the reason in bold above.

Just my £0.02 :) Good luck.

EDIT: For some reason, there wasn't a Page 17 when I started writing that, how strange, lol.
  • edited June 2012

Well that was mind-boggling and I ran like poo - think 15 will be my limit!
  • edited June 2012
    hi jingles,
    nice u finally got your 2nd monitor m8.
    not so nice you lost.
    i had the same thing when i got my i7,started 2 play more tables than i could handle
    and had a bad losing session.
    think i went from 6/8 tables to 13/14 at one point,so u r not alone.
    so i went back nxt sessiom to playing 8/9 and was back in my comfort zone again.
    as i,ve already mentioned b4,i have found it a challenge moving up past 9/10
    just about playing 12 atm,but still making mistakes,but not as many.
    think 9 is my optimum number atm.
    my advice jingle...go back to where u were b4 and then add 1 table until that feels the same,then add another.
    it,s so tempting to add 2 or 3 at once isn,t it,?or more.
    back 2 basics m8 and you,ll be fine.
    best wishes,
    :-)dev

• edited June 2012
    hi Evil,
    thanks for your post m8,
    it all makes sense when it is written down in black & white,doesn,t it.
    where 2 begin,with my reply?
    firstly,i,ve only "booked the win" a handfull of times i think,once was after my £11 losing night,i think,
    which was understandable.i certainly didn't want another losing session.
    also i only started doing this once i moved up levels,probably as a self-defence mechanism,
    as i was A,playing at levels i,ve never played at b4,
    and B,making a bigger profit in a much shorter amount of time,therefore,happy stopping and taking the win.
    but,
    you are completely right,i should be playing longer when winning,and it will be something i intend to work on,
    but,again...i am fighting against all my natural instincts,which are to take the money and ensure the win.
    as i mentioned in my very 1st post,i think this will be a battle of the mind as much as anything.
    as for "burn out"
    yes,it is something that i need to be aware of,as i have increased the hours i play immeasurably
    since this challenge started,but i don,t think there will be a problem,but i,m simply being cautious.

thanks again Evil for all your input and good advice;
    just hope i am able to "carry it out".
    please forgive me if i don,t fully.
    (*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev

• edited June 2012
    DAY  36

£3.30
            w  12  +£32.40
             l    7  -£23.10
                      ----------
                     +£9.30
    £2.25
            w  11  +£19.25
             l  16  -£36.00
                      ---------
                     -£16.75

lost  £7.45

b/roll  £132.01  (+£91.30)

c4p   138
    total  749 =£5.99

(+£50.50 c4p to come)

not happy losing but played ok...ish.
    still no real damage done

dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  37

received may c4p £50.50

BANKROLL  £182.51 (+£141.80)

hooooooooooooray.

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev

back laters;
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £132.01):
    DAY  37 received may c4p £50.50 BANKROLL  £182.51 (+£141.80) hooooooooooooray. (*  *)    "    ^ dev back laters;
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice one Dev,

Make sure you get yourself registered for the League stars freeroll as well m8, you qualified for that as well  :-)

Mike
  • edited June 2012
    hi Mike,
    cheers m8,
    yes,i had a go at entering the League stars freeroll the other day,just 4 a laugh...
    and couldn,t believe it when it said "congratulations devonfish5 u have been entered"
    would be nice 2 have a decent run in that,anyway will see what happens />!!!
    dev
    ps,
    well done u,
    gl
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  37

£3.30
            w  4  +£10.80
             l   3   -£ 9.90
                      ----------
                     +£0.90
    £2.25
            w  16  +£28.00
             l   11  -£24.75
                      ----------
                       +£3.25
    £1.15
            w  1  +£0.85
             l   4   -£4.60
                     ----------
                     -£3.75

won  £0.90 (50p out somewhere.)

freeroll +£0.55

won £1.45

b/roll  £183.96 (+£143.25)

c4p  106
    total 855 = +£6.84

played ok didn,t run great.
    nice 2 get c4p today,nice boost.
    b/roll looking a little better again now...lol

dev

• edited June 2012
    Good luck with you're challende mate. i only started playing 2 weeks ago (maybe that is wyh you thought who is this clueless donkey lol) and have come across you a few times but not for the last few days, maybe you have moved up a level. If you have well done mate. I unfortunately am going in the wrong direction today, Played 9 cashed 4 and i should never have drawn my winnings from a 1st (lucky 1st) in a Bounty Hunter, If there is a next time i will have to leave it in.
    Good luck mate ill be following your progress and rooting for you!!
  • edited June 2012
    hi Bassett,
    thanks for the nice comments m8,
    i,m guessing u r playing around the £1 level?
    i play anywhere between £1 & £5 atm,just depends how i,m feeling and running.
    can,t say that i remember playing you specifically m8,but i,m sure i wouldn,t have thought of you as a clueless donkey anyway.
    we were all beginners once so as long as you are enjoying playing and trying to learn from your mistakes,
    then all is good.
    i lost £130 in 1 session a couple of weeks ago,so i know only to well how easy it is to lose.
    so don,t let 1 losing day worry you,it happens to us all m8.
    a good starting point is to see if you can go a month without having to re-load any money into your poker account.if/when you can do that you are on your way to becoming a winning player.
    keep in touch as i will be interested to see how YOU are getting along.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £183.96):
    hi Bassett, thanks for the nice comments m8, i,m guessing u r playing around the £1 level? i play anywhere between £1 & £5 atm,just depends how i,m feeling and running. can,t say that i remember playing you specifically m8,but i,m sure i wouldn,t have thought of you as a clueless donkey anyway. we were all beginners once so as long as you are enjoying playing and trying to learn from your mistakes, then all is good. i lost £130 in 1 session a couple of weeks ago,so i know only to well how easy it is to lose. so don,t let 1 losing day worry you,it happens to us all m8. a good starting point is to see if you can go a month without having to re-load any money into your poker account.if/when you can do that you are on your way to becoming a winning player. keep in touch as i will be interested to see how YOU are getting along. best wishes, :-) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Cheers mate. I play the £2 level (sometimes i let my missus play the £0.60 Dym's). In the first week or so i was on several tables with you coz i remember thinking that your name was like ulliots AKA Devilfish. I had to reload once since i started but with that i played 3 £2 DYM's ( cashed all) and the 105am £2 BH tourney which i won taking 3 or 4 bounties. but next time i wont draw the winnings lol. Well anyway GL M8

• edited June 2012
    hi Bassett,
    yes,i did base my name on Devilfish,and as i live in Devon,thought it the right name 4 me....lol

DAY  38

£3.30
           w  8  +£21.60
            l   7  -£23.10
                    --------
                   -£1.50
    £2.25
            w  20  +£35.00
             l  13  -£29.25
                      ---------
                     +£5.75
    £1.15
           w  2  +£1.70
            l  2  -£2.30
                   --------
                  -£0.60

won  £3.45 (20p adrift)

b/roll  £187.41 (+£146.70)

c4p   143
    total  998 = £7.98

played average,made 1 error on a £3 game which cost me.
    ran bad again.
    happy with small w.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Hi dev,

I read this on a daily basis but rarely post.....so just thought I'd say you're doing great m8, I reckon you'll have this challenge done in the next couple of months.

Keep it goin :)
  • edited June 2012
    thanks Ryan,
    well it,s going ok atm m8....
    fingers crossed.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  39

£5.50
           w  3  +£13.50
            l  0  -£0.00
                   --------
                   +£13.50
    £3.30
           w  7  +£18.90
            l  3  -£9.90
                    --------
                    +£9.00
    £2.25
           w  2  +£3.50
            l  4  -£9,00
                   ---------
                   -£5.50

won  £17.00

b/roll  £204.71 (+£164.00)

c4p   63
    total  1061 = £10.61

good session,
    played well...ran well....nice.

*nice to get over the £200 barrier as that now puts me £1000 up in total winnings (withdrawn £800),
    so happy with that.
    makes me think if i can win one thousand,no reason why i can,t win £2000.

hooooray, happy days again.   lol
    back tomorrow.

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Ian,

Glad things moving in the right direction & you now passed the £200 mark. Are you like me though & when you get over those sort of milestones it is depressing to register for the next few games as it takes you back below again?

And with regard to going on and making it £2,000, aren't you just looking forward to being able to play poker for fun again rather than the daily grind !!

By the way we played on the same table yesterday & were referred to as the "Devon Mafia" lol

Have a good weekend m8

Mike

• edited June 2012
    hi Mike,
    yes m8 it,s not nice loading up dym,s knowing that my roll is dipping below the £200 i,ve just built up.
    but the way i look at it is it,s just another session coming up, so this is bound to happen.
    i only look ahead too,so it is only the end result of the session that matters to me,not so much how much i,m depositing to play it.
    when a session is running i am always aware just how well or badly i am doing at all times,so i am always able to stop playing at any given moment.sometimes though the emotions can take over as they did when playing the £11,s & £5,s.but having learnt from that night ,hopefully won,t be making that mistake again.
    regarding my next target of trying to reach £2000,that is what is inspiring me to carry on playing as much as possible,and seeing this challenge through to the end.
    if i can complete this dym challenge asap then that will put me up to £1800 up,leaving only £200 to reach my next target.
    once this challenge is completed,however long it takes,then i will have a re-think about what i will be doing next.
    could be some sort of mtt challenge? just for the change.
    may just continue playing dym at a higher level,see how the mood takes me i think.
    i definately won,t be playing micro cash here though,as 4 me anyway there are better options available.
    that,s not to say i couldn,t, but i wouldn,t.
    i think playing 4 fun is fine,it should be fun.i,m sure that there are plenty of players playing that do not find it fun.
    as for myself now,my enjoyment comes from winning and winning only.
    i,ve spent the last 2 years playing on-line and played a variety of games.
    as you know it,s all dym atm and for the foreseeable future i think.
    as long as i am winning then i can,t really think of anything else that i would rather be doing.

i know i have been through long periods of totall pain and frustration,especially when i first started playing on-line,and for sometime afterwards too.
    i think one of the most dificult things for alot of players,myself included, is understanding how diferent on-line poker  is compared to live poker.
    the biggest and most important being,imo, that playing on-line the odds on any given card appearing are completely diferent to what you,d expect them to be playing live.
    we,ve all done the maths,it,s approx 2% a card,we all know that.
    but just how many times do players lose with their AA or KK.?
    how often does it come runner,runner for a player to lose?
    or the flush/straight card come on the river?
    i,ll leave you to make up your own minds.

that said,it,s by no means impossible to win.there are plenty that do in all game types.
    just working out how,that,s half the battle and all part of the fun i guess,well at least for me.

as to "Devon Mafia"    lol
    like it.
    well i,ve been a Devon Fish long enough,i guess.   lol

cheers all,
    enjoy the football,
    (*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev

• edited June 2012
    Great Post!

I like what you said about setting a target, by aiming not to reload for at least a month.
    This relates to me as much as anyone, i deposit £20 play £11 DYM get lucky get up to £60 withdraw £30, then go on to lose the rest. This is great when it works, but in the long run it's obvioulsy not going to continue. So i'm thinking i may take your advice and try to play a reasonable amount over the next month, and try not to reload.
    Or is £20 to little, thanks for your help.
  • edited June 2012
    hi insertname,
    thanks m8,
    gl with your game.
    just play what u like when u like and with money u can afford to lose.
    if u can spin up £20 into a nice bankroll,go 4 it.
    most players would i,m sure agree ideally
    it would be better to have say 20 or 30 buy-ins 4 each level,as this does give you some margin 4 some losses.

best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY 40

£11.00
             w  2  +£18.00
              l  0  -£0.00
                     --------
                     +£18.00
    £5.50
           w  7  +£31.50
            l  8  -£44.00
                   --------
                   -£12.50
    £3.30
           w  9  +£24.30
            l  18  -£59.40
                   ----------
                   -£35.10
    £2.25
           w  13  +£29.25
            l    6  -£13.50
                    ----------
                     +£15.75

lost  £16.05

b/roll  £188.36 (+£147.65)

c4p  220
    total 1281 = £12.81

(games don,t add up exactly right,but the loss of £16.05 is correct.)

what a night....

ran bad all night,
    £3.30,s were a disaster,
    £5.50,s not any better.
    luckily won a few £2.25,s.
    and 2  £11,s  at last.  lol

at one point i think i was about £70 to £80 down,
    admitedly with 8/9 tables still running and buy-ins paid for.
    so what did i do?.....
    yep,loaded up 2x£11 tables.
    ok,i got lucky this time and won both......yipeeeee.
    but i think i may have been owed those 2.

so from what was starting to feel like one of those disaster nights again.....
    a loss of £16 doesn,t seem so bad.

still,we always new this mission was never going to be easy,
    and i think tonight has just reminded me of that.

"that,s 1 get out of jail card used up,just got the other 1 left 4 laters"   lol

right,time 4 bed me thinks,

nite all,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Keep going Dev, must have been one of those days today. I had one of my worst ever days in terms of running bad, lol. Painful at times but we plod on pal :-)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £188.36):
    Keep going Dev, must have been one of those days today. I had one of my worst ever days in terms of running bad, lol. Painful at times but we plod on pal :-)
    Posted by JohnConnor
    In that case Mr JC I will let you off that beat in the last game. Lol I know your JJ was ahead pre but when my suited AK hit trip aces on the flop with a blank on the river .................... but hey. 
    Hope you both run better tomorrow,

Mike  
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £188.36):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £188.36) : In that case Mr JC I will let you off that beat in the last game. Lol I know your JJ was ahead pre but when my suited AK hit trip aces on the flop with a blank on the river .................... but hey.  Hope you both run better tomorrow, Mike  
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Lol, cheers Mike. Yeah very unlucky at the end there mate. I've seen some brutal boards today and that was another, unlucky you were on the end of that one pal. Same to you pal, run well, I thought weekends were supposed to be soft :-)