You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited June 2012
    DAY  52

quick session...well just under 3 hours.

lost  £4.25

lost track of games so just posting result.

b/roll  £220.11 (+£179.40)

c4p  73
    total 2691 = £32.29 to come

once ran 2.2 miles(up & down hill) in 10 minutes ,flat out.

now couldn,t even win an "egg & spoon race"   lol

still hovering just above £200,let,s hope we don,t drop much lower.

laters
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £224.36):
    DAY  52 quick session...well just under 3 hours. lost  £4.25 lost track of games so just posting result. b/roll  £220.11 (+£179.40) c4p  73 total 2691 = £32.29 to come once ran 2.2 miles(up & down hill) in 10 minutes ,flat out. now couldn,t even win an "egg & spoon race"   lol still hovering just above £200,let,s hope we don,t drop much lower. laters :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Dont get discouraged, you have made it so far and are just going through a bad patch it will come back around, as long as your getting your chips in good then your doing nothing wrong, u may just have upset the Poker gods. 

Chin up 

Gary

• edited June 2012
    thanks Gary
    can be a lonely road sometimes...
     i,ve dropped down to playing 60p,s atm,
    that,s how bad things have got.still i know it,s only temporary...
    well i hope so anyway.  lol
    best wishes 2u2 with your large vegas challenge m8,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  52
    part 2..

won  £2.10

b/roll  £222.21 (+£181.50)

c4p   82
    total 2773 = £33.28 to come

dropped down levels as running bad atm
    playing 60p & £1.15 games only

playing more tables....
    which i know possibly doesn,t make sense.
    but my thinking being that i need to keep c4p going.
    just hoping i can stay above £200 untill c4p come around again.
    1 day at a time as they say.
    dev

• edited June 2012
    How on earth people do more than a few games at a time amazes me i start getting confused with 3 games open at once lol

doing well pal keep it up i have been doing a 0.60 and 1.15 version of what your doing i only have a £7.00 bankroll atm hahaha
  • edited June 2012
    hi DAVEWrc,
    thanks for posting m8,
    turn your b/roll into £14 then £28 that would be my nxt targets...
    then £50  £100  and you are away.
    it can be done.
    as to playing multi-tables,it comes with practise,just add 1 more every few days and eventually you find you are playing 15  lol
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    i can comfortably play 3 games at a time but cant fit anymore on me screens i have atm

altho i seem to allways lose one of the games first then win the other 2 making me pretty much break even so maybe i should stick to 2 but thats gonna take forever lol

played a £2.30 £300 Bounty Hunter last night came 51st out of 172 managed to take someone down for a bounty but oviously made a loss on about £6 now gonna stick to DYM now i think and just go in the freerolls
  • edited June 2012
    just looked at me stats

DYM Played 13 various amounts 0.60 - 2.25

W8 L5

So pretty much breaking even atm need more practice lol

altho i have noticed all the higher amount games i am wining

maybe a switch to just them games once i get me bank roll to £10+
  • edited June 2012
    hi DAVEWrc,
    dym,s can be a funny old game m8,
    very up & down,and sometimes alot is out of your control too.
    with £10 u deffo DON,T wanna be playing any higher than £1 imo.
    in the long run less is more if u no what i mean.
    i,ve got £220+ in my b/roll atm and i,m playing 60p & £1 games atm.
    have u tried mini-view(top right of table) to mult-table?
    that is 1 thing u do need 2 be able to do to beat dym,s.
    ,again imo.
    i think u will find most dym,ers do multi-table.
    good luck ,
    dev

• edited June 2012
    DAY  53

"starting to feel like Big Brother"...lol

he,s at the tables....again.
    brain dead and bearly breathing.  lol

won  £6.40

b/roll  £228.61 (+£187.90)

c4p   73
    total 2846 = £34.15 to come

only playing 60p & £1.15 atm as running so bad.
    nice to get small win....hooooray!
    i,ll do whatever is needed to succeed with this mission.
    laters
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    I had only found mini view in the last week but i cant seem to get me head around it need more practice using mini view for maybe just 2 games till i get used to it

understand what your saying about sticking to low games for now just seems so teedious especially as am not playing enought games to hit C4P :(

can definatly tell the difference between level of play in 0.60 games to 2.25 people definatly play them differently i think i seem to play every game like its worth the same hence the reason i dont do aswell in lower value games as people just shove and then i fold most hands so i get left behind in chip size. But proberly better to be that way for later in my poker playing when i am finally in higher value tables.
  • edited June 2012
    hi DAVEWrc again...
    mini-view is deffo way 2go & u soon get used 2 it.
    yes i understand what u mean about them being teeious m8,especially with little chance of making any money from c4p,hence the reason to start multi-tabling asap.
    but again imo,if u can,t win at these levels it,s unlikely u will win at higher levels,certainly over a period of time anyway.

gl anyway whatever way you go.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £228.61):
    hi DAVEWrc again... mini-view is deffo way 2go & u soon get used 2 it. yes i understand what u mean about them being teeious m8,especially with little chance of making any money from c4p,hence the reason to start multi-tabling asap. but again imo,if u can,t win at these levels it,s unlikely u will win at higher levels,certainly over a period of time anyway. gl anyway whatever way you go. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    good luck with the rest of your challenge . Just wondering, how many c4p do u get for a £1 dym?
  • edited June 2012
    I think its 1 someone correct me if im wrong
  • edited June 2012
    yes, it is 1...i think
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  53
    part 2...
      lost  £1.85

b/roll £226.76 (+£186.05)

c4p   68
    total 2916 = £34.99 to come

still playing 60p & £1.15
    just building c4p & not getting into trouble.
    probably continue this strategy untill end of the month...
    no point playing any higher when running so badly.

hopefully start off next month a little more positively.

dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £228.61):
    DAY  53 part 2...   lost  £1.85 b/roll £226.76 (+£186.05) c4p   68 total 2916 = £34.99 to come still playing 60p & £1.15 just building c4p & not getting into trouble. probably continue this strategy untill end of the month... no point playing any higher when running so badly. hopefully start off next month a little more positively. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Keep up the mission Dev, move up when you feel comfortable. Dont do an Arce and play above the level your br says u should... Lol
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Dev.

Why don't u just keep playing £1.15 DYM's and forget about the 60p ones, as u get 2 c4p and the rake is slightly better at the £1.15 games?

Anyway gl m8 and have to say like reading your post as u seem like a positive/happy go lucky guy.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Dev

Best of luck on your challenge - avid reader of your thread even if I don't post much - you've obviously got the game to make it - it's now just about finding the most efficient/interesting way there.

Just came to say thank you for the inspiration to multi-table more. I'm happy multi-tabling 3-4 mtts, which is my speciality, but never play more than 3 cash tables at a time, which I play to fill in the mtt variance, but at which I am not so confident. But reading your advice I decided to double up to 6 tables at a time. The average quality of my game has gone down, but when I get the big hands I can focus just as well as before, and they arrive twice as often! Only my 2nd night 6-tabling cash, but so far so good. Thank you.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £228.61) : Keep up the mission Dev, move up when you feel comfortable. Dont do an Arce and play above the level your br says u should... Lol
    Posted by Largearce
    thanks Gary,
    yeah,just running so bad atm so just can,t see the point in moving up and losing even more money.
    played 7 £2 games the other day did nothing wrong,lost 5 won 2.
    same session then played £1 & 60p games,only to come out £2 down,so hence stopped £2 games.
    gl in Bolton m8
    :)dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £228.61) : good luck with the rest of your challenge . Just wondering, how many c4p do u get for a £1 dym?
    Posted by samboram45
    thanks m8,
    :)dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76):
    Hi Dev. Why don't u just keep playing £1.15 DYM's and forget about the 60p ones, as u get 2 c4p and the rake is slightly better at the £1.15 games? Anyway gl m8 and have to say like reading your post as u seem like a positive/happy go lucky guy.
    Posted by DEL560
    hi DEL,
    yeah,i could but as i,m either winning or breaking even with 60p games and i,m not playing£2,s atm
    and am also trying to increase no. of tables up to 18, just think that this is the perfect time to experiment with it,
    am playing 15 tables atm which i,m happy with as it,s only been a few weeks sinse i moved up to 12.
    don,t know if i would/could play this many at the higher levels,will just take it 1 day at a time & see how things go.
    also,not sure if volume is preferable to quality?
    at least with volume c4p is going 2b better, and guaranteed, as long as you come out break-even or better.
    or would playing less tables at a higher level more optimally be better with less c4p obviously?
    or would they still work out about the same,over a months play?
    lots of questions...and i don,t know the answers.
    but then you also need to include the risk factor.
    i,m actually,believe it or not,loving playing 60p & £1 games atm,not worried if i win or lose every game,no pressures,playing with over 200 buy-ins which is great.
    playing higher levels is great when u r winning or coming out of sessions level,
    but losing 7 from 8 @ £11 level hurts a bit.  lol
    anyway,
    as i,ve said,1 day at a time,
    i,m sure things will all just fall into place when it,s time.

i do try and stay positive m8,especially when it comes to my poker,
    it,s not always easy though,but i do try.
    the way i look at it is this;i,m playing with money i,ve won from playing so it,s not "real" money,it,s free money
    yes,i,m playing 2win,think we all are.be nice to play with the big boys,maybe one day i will,then just maybe could make some serious money...
    well we all have our dreams and live in hope,don,t we?
    i,m also well aware it,s not "life or death" either,it,s what it is,a game.

best wishes DEL
    thanks 4 posting m8.
    be lucky,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76):
    Hi Dev Best of luck on your challenge - avid reader of your thread even if I don't post much - you've obviously got the game to make it - it's now just about finding the most efficient/interesting way there. Just came to say thank you for the inspiration to multi-table more. I'm happy multi-tabling 3-4 mtts, which is my speciality, but never play more than 3 cash tables at a time, which I play to fill in the mtt variance, but at which I am not so confident. But reading your advice I decided to double up to 6 tables at a time. The average quality of my game has gone down, but when I get the big hands I can focus just as well as before, and they arrive twice as often! Only my 2nd night 6-tabling cash, but so far so good. Thank you.
    Posted by GELDY
    hi GELDY,
    thanks m8,
    keep going with the multi-tabling
    hope you continue winning.
    yeah, it,s tricky isn,t it ,playing more tables is like a double edge sword in some ways...
    c4p improves considerably,but game quality suffers.
    i know 4 me 6 cash tables is my optimum number,any more than 6 i miss reads, situations,etc.
    whereas i know some players can play up to 24 tables and win.
    i think it is going 2b different amounts 4 each of us...
    keep experimenting,well that,s what i do anyway.
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited June 2012
    Dev i still think the problem playing micro stakes, is the rake, if im not wrong its 15 to 20% so 1 win is mostly taken by the rake, so you need to win 7 or 8 out of 10 games to make a small profit. where as if you play £3.30 and above the rake is only 10% (i say only ) so u only need to win 6 out of 10 games to show a profit, these figures are approx, but what do u think ?

Gary
  • edited June 2012
    Dev i still think the problem playing micro stakes, is the rake, if im not wrong its 15 to 20% so 1 win is mostly taken by the rake, so you need to win 7 or 8 out of 10 games to make a small profit. where as if you play £3.30 and above the rake is only 10% (i say only ) so u only need to win 6 out of 10 games to show a profit, these figures are approx, but what do u think ? Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    yes m8, u r right about the rake,it,s actually 20% 4 50p games, 15% 4 £1 games 12.5% 4 £2 games then 10% 4 £3 upwards.
    it does make more sense to play £3 upwards but only if u r winning.
    as i,m on a low at the mo,playing more games at the easier micro levels is the better option imo,as i am either making a small profit or coming out level..ish,and still incresing c4p just by the shear volume i,m able to put in.
    also,i am able to play with minimum risk,whereas @ £3+ a bad session could see a loss of possibly £20+.
    make any sense?
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  54

won £7.80 (7 buy-ins @ £1 level)

b/roll £234.56 (+£193.85)

c4p   99
    total 3015 = £42.21 to come

sticking with my new game plan...
    playing 60p & £1.15 games only,
    well did play 1x£2.25 actually,and won...hooooray.  lol
    things must be changing  lol
    happy with the W & 99 c4p,which takes me over 3000 which is a nice boost as this always takes you to the £42 mark.
    what is the saying..."little fish are sweet" so happy to eat them for the time being.   lol
    laters,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76) : hi Gary, yes m8, u r right about the rake,it,s actually 20% 4 50p games, 15% 4 £1 games 12.5% 4 £2 games then 10% 4 £3 upwards. it does make more sense to play £3 upwards but only if u r winning. as i,m on a low at the mo,playing more games at the easier micro levels is the better option imo,as i am either making a small profit or coming out level..ish,and still incresing c4p just by the shear volume i,m able to put in. also,i am able to play with minimum risk,whereas @ £3+ a bad session could see a loss of possibly £20+. make any sense? :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Dev in some ways i can see what your saying, but you seem to be playing with a glass half empty attitude, not believing you are going to win. Going in with this attitude to me is not a way to win, play with confidence, and play like u know your gonna win before the game starts, you seem to be playing with scared money, and that is in my opinion makes the game more difficult and influences dicisions you make. 

Sorry if this seems a little negative

Gary
    P.S you are still doing well and in profit, have more belief in your ability

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76) : Dev in some ways i can see what your saying, but you seem to be playing with a glass half empty attitude, not believing you are going to win. Going in with this attitude to me is not a way to win, play with confidence, and play like u know your gonna win before the game starts, you seem to be playing with scared money, and that is in my opinion makes the game more difficult and influences dicisions you make.  Sorry if this seems a little negative Gary P.S you are still doing well and in profit, have more belief in your ability
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    agree with everything u say m8.
    i am playing with glass 1/2 empty attitude.
    i don,t feel as though i,m going 2 win.
    maybe i am playing with scared money too.

u just wouldn,t believe how many hands i,m losing though,when i am clearly going in well ahead.
    it,s just happening to many times atm.
    i know all about...we want players calling when behind & they are just being lucky but it is in my head that whatever card they need WILL come atm.
    i know that the better player WILL win in the long run, so i,m not overly concerned,as i,m sure things will change again.
    i have got plenty of self belief though..
    if i didn,t have that i deffo wouldn,t have started this challenge.

isn,t it better 2 win a little than lose alot though?
    anyway,
    i,ll play it the way i see it,and take it day by day.
    it,s also Sunday today,so watch out the bingo players are about.

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76) : hi Gary, agree with everything u say m8. i am playing with glass 1/2 empty attitude. i don,t feel as though i,m going 2 win. maybe i am playing with scared money too. u just wouldn,t believe how many hands i,m losing though,when i am clearly going in well ahead. it,s just happening to many times atm. i know all about...we want players calling when behind & they are just being lucky but it is in my head that whatever card they need WILL come atm. i know that the better player WILL win in the long run, so i,m not overly concerned,as i,m sure things will change again. i have got plenty of self belief though.. if i didn,t have that i deffo wouldn,t have started this challenge. isn,t it better 2 win a little than lose alot though? anyway, i,ll play it the way i see it,and take it day by day. it,s also Sunday today,so watch out the bingo players are about. (*  *)    "    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Dev wasnt trying to be negative, but in my opinion on the lower stake tables u are going to get more dodgy calls and people dont fold as easy. So you can only play premium hands and hope they hold....to me this takes the bluff element out of the game, if your good enough ( and you have been making a steady profit so have proved you are) then you can play at higher money levels, and i think you would do better. in the long run, i have played at the level you play and find it more difficult than the higher levels for the reasons ive said (most) people cant find the fold button.

Gary

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £226.76) : Hi Dev wasnt trying to be negative, but in my opinion on the lower stake tables u are going to get more dodgy calls and people dont fold as easy. So you can only play premium hands and hope they hold....to me this takes the bluff element out of the game, if your good enough ( and you have been making a steady profit so have proved you are) then you can play at higher money levels, and i think you would do better. in the long run, i have played at the level you play and find it more difficult than the higher levels for the reasons ive said (most) people cant find the fold button. Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    thanks again Gary for your thoughts m8.
    yeah, i know u r right players at the lower levels do call with just about any 2 don,t they.
    anyway,as i,ve said today is bingo day, so i will see today out and re-assess things tomorrow.
    i don,t mind playing the higher levls tbh as i have done previously.
    but i also feel that having just over £200 atm doesn,t leave me with much room for error,
    so it,s all well and good say playing £3 & £5 games providing i don,t say have a 5 to 10 buy-in downswing.
    anyway ,c4p isn,t too far away again,so i,m sure when that arrives this may well give me the little boost i need to carry this mission forward once more.
    i,m still more than happy with the way it,s going atm.
    i am playing around 15 tables each session,so am happy with that.
    also,happy with my game,even though i,ve dropped down levels i,m sure it,s only temporary.
    this mission isn,t over...
    it,s just on hold atm.
    dev