You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Hi Dev.

Thanks for your reply - it´s always easier making a change when winning - so the fact my first two nights of x cash tables being winning sessions obviously helps.

Must say though, given your volume, that optimising your play to the rake % seems like a smart idea. i.e. 3.30 games much better than the cheaper ones. You mustn´t pre-empt how you might be running - just because you have had a downswing doesn´t mean you have to be on one tomorrow.

So my suggestion is to move up to 3 pound games - specifically because you are on a down swing. You will bleed less to Sky and make more when the inevitable bounce back arrives.

I know you were badly bitten by the 11 pound variance, but you are bankrolled for 3 pounds.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £234.56):
    Hi Dev. Thanks for your reply - it´s always easier making a change when winning - so the fact my first two nights of x cash tables being winning sessions obviously helps. Must say though, given your volume, that optimising your play to the rake % seems like a smart idea. i.e. 3.30 games much better than the cheaper ones. You mustn´t pre-empt how you might be running - just because you have had a downswing doesn´t mean you have to be on one tomorrow. So my suggestion is to move up to 3 pound games - specifically because you are on a down swing. You will bleed less to Sky and make more when the inevitable bounce back arrives. I know you were badly bitten by the 11 pound variance, but you are bankrolled for 3 pounds.
    Posted by GELDY
    I agree Geldy, he is rolled for £3.30 and with the rake being only 10%, and having watched Dev play he is clearly capable of playing that level.
    On the other side playing a level your comfortable at is sensible, and not knowing Devs whole financial situation makes the decision his and his alone as to what level he plays at.
    Gary

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £234.56):
    Hi Dev. Thanks for your reply - it´s always easier making a change when winning - so the fact my first two nights of x cash tables being winning sessions obviously helps. Must say though, given your volume, that optimising your play to the rake % seems like a smart idea. i.e. 3.30 games much better than the cheaper ones. You mustn´t pre-empt how you might be running - just because you have had a downswing doesn´t mean you have to be on one tomorrow. So my suggestion is to move up to 3 pound games - specifically because you are on a down swing. You will bleed less to Sky and make more when the inevitable bounce back arrives. I know you were badly bitten by the 11 pound variance, but you are bankrolled for 3 pounds.
    Posted by GELDY
    hi Geldy,
    not sure i,d call £200 rolled 4 £3 but i agree that 10% rake is preferable.
    4 me anyway i,d need 200 buy-ins 2b anywhere near comfortable.
    think my plan atm is all about winning small rather than winning or LOSING big.
    it might not be the most attractive or optimal way of playing,but think u will have 2 agree,it,s working....
    so why change it?
    anyway,
    COME ON ENGLAND
    :)
    dev

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £234.56) : I agree Geldy, he is rolled for £3.30 and with the rake being only 10%, and having watched Dev play he is clearly capable of playing that level. On the other side playing a level your comfortable at is sensible, and not knowing Devs whole financial situation makes the decision his and his alone as to what level he plays at. Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    thanks m8.
    yeah,it,s not a problem playing the £3 level.and i will move back up again,when i feel the time is right.
    as i said in my first post ,there is no time limit with this mission,so i,m not rushing and making any more big,costly errors.
    i,ve done it once,aint going to happen again.
    patience is a virtue.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  54

won  £6.20

b/roll  £240.76 (+£200.05)

c4p   58
    total 3073 = £43.02 to come

playing 60p & £1 games again,
    not to everyones liking,but i,m winning,so that,s all that matters 2me.
    dev
  • edited June 2012

DAY  55

lost £0.50

b/roll £240.26 (+£199.59)

c4p   86
    total 3159 = £44.23 to come.

nothing very exciting,
    just another night .
    dev

• edited June 2012
    DAY  54 won  £6.20 b/roll  £240.76 (+£200.05) c4p   58 total 3073 = £43.02 to come playing 60p & £1 games again, not to everyones liking,but i,m winning,so that,s all that matters 2me. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Dev your right in doing it your way, if you feel i was being critical then im sorry.
    Br management is something i could do with a lesson in, as i know i play levels my roll cant really handle.

Keep up the good work

Gary
  • edited June 2012
    best of luck, hope you end the month on a heater sir :) Are you still going for the £1,000?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £234.56) : Dev your right in doing it your way, if you feel i was being critical then im sorry. Br management is something i could do with a lesson in, as i know i play levels my roll cant really handle. Keep up the good work Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    thanks again .
    no worries m8,
    all comments are very welcome and i apprecite everyones points of view.
    just because i,ve changed my plans and dropped down levels doesn,t make me right.
    just feel i needed to steady the ship and keep things on an even keel atm.
    i,m sure i,ll be back playing £2 games again shortly.
    gl with your large vegas m8.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26):
    best of luck, hope you end the month on a heater sir :) Are you still going for the £1,000?
    Posted by patwalshh
    hi Pat,
    thanks too m8.
    yes,my plan may have changed but my goal is still to try and reach £1000.
    just could take a little longer,that,s all.
    just waiting 4 c4p then will decide on my nxt move.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  56

lost £33.65

b/roll  £206.61 (+£165.90)

c4p   107
    total 3266 = £45.72 to come

played £2 £3 & £5 games
    ran bad,played bad.
    perphaps i will now simply go with my gut feelings in future.
    my only consolation is i have accumulated another 100+ c4p which will help.
    as i am playing with money won rather than money i have had to earn from work,i can live with todays dissapointment.
    i always new this mission would have it,s ups & downs and today is simply a down.
    winners never quit & quitters never win,so which 1 am i?
    let,s find out.
    :(
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26):
    DAY  56 lost £33.65 b/roll  £206.61 (+£165.90) c4p   107 total 3266 = £45.72 to come played £2 £3 & £5 games ran bad,played bad. perphaps i will now simply go with my gut feelings in future. my only consolation is i have accumulated another 100+ c4p which will help. as i am playing with money won rather than money i have had to earn from work,i can live with todays dissapointment. i always new this mission would have it,s ups & downs and today is simply a down. winners never quit & quitters never win,so which 1 am i? let,s find out. :( dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Told you to stick yo the lower levels mate.........:)

Gary

• edited June 2012
    DAY 56
    part 2...

lost £8.35

b/roll  £198 26 (+£157.55)

c4p   140
    total  3406 = £47.68 to come

played £1 & £2 games this session.
    no real surprise i lost,again.
    played better so no complaints,also c4p is good.
    just running bad atm,but no worries as i know it is all part of the game.
    i,m down....
    again,but far from out.
    looking to try and get 4000 c4p which if i continue playing £1 & £2 i will achieve.
    this will be £64 to come and hopefully get me moving in the right direction again.

over & out.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26) : Told you to stick yo the lower levels mate.........:) Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,

yeah in the end.all i kept hearing was i should be playing higher levels,so i guess i gave in and against my better judgement played there.
    still,at least u can,t say i haven,t tried....can you.
    just a bad day...guess we all get them.
    will play £1 & £2 for the rest of this month,providing i don,t lose to much more,
    then see where we go from there.
    nite,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26) : hi Gary, yeah,i know....should have listened. still,at least u can,t say i haven,t tried....can you. just a bad day...guess we all get them. will play £1 & £2 for the rest of this month,providing i don,t lose to much more, then see where we go from there. nite, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    hope tmw goes better for you. Also how are u earning so many c4pon dym's
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26) : hope tmw goes better for you. Also how are u earning so many c4pon dym's
    Posted by samboram45
    thanks m8,
    yes,could do with a good day but i,m not overly ambitious about getting one.still you never know.
    c4p,just play as many tables as i can,about 15 or so atm.
    i could play less and try winning that way,which is a possible option at some point,i guess.
    but i still feel regardless of no. of tables i play that i am either going to win or lose a session.
    it just seems 2 me that so much is out of my control anyway,as i am losing so many games atm where i am doing nothing wrong,and simply losing to the jokers who will play any 2 cards.
    i guess i will continue "trying to play the proper way" as i,m assuming that it will win 4 me,over time.
    when i go all- in with aa v ak & kk comes
    or 99 v a2 & it comes a22a just makes u wonder sometimes.
    anyway,
    i,m sure i will succeed with this mission regardless,just need to think long term,which is what i am now focusing on.
    laters,
    have a good day.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  57

lost £3.00

b/roll £195.26 (+£154.55)

c4p   62
    total 3468 = £48.55 to come

short session,
    building c4p
    laters
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26) : thanks m8, yes,could do with a good day but i,m not overly ambitious about getting one.still you never know. c4p,just play as many tables as i can,about 15 or so atm. i could play less and try winning that way,which is a possible option at some point,i guess. but i still feel regardless of no. of tables i play that i am either going to win or lose a session. it just seems 2 me that so much is out of my control anyway,as i am losing so many games atm where i am doing nothing wrong,and simply losing to the jokers who will play any 2 cards. i guess i will continue "trying to play the proper way" as i,m assuming that it will win 4 me,over time. when i go all- in with aa v ak & kk comes or 99 v a2 & it comes a22a just makes u wonder sometimes. anyway, i,m sure i will succeed with this mission regardless,just need to think long term,which is what i am now focusing on. laters, have a good day. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Yeah, sometimes it just seems to go the way of the incompetent fish which can be so frustrating. But like you say if u keep playing your game, in the long run u will defo come and on top and your BR will keep heading in the right direction.
  • edited June 2012

nice to c u on the 5.50 tables run good,beat the game not the c4p u have the game 4 the mission if you dont make it i'm giving the game up.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £240.26) : Yeah, sometimes it just seems to go the way of the incompetent fish which can be so frustrating. But like you say if u keep playing your game, in the long run u will defo come and on top and your BR will keep heading in the right direction.
    Posted by samboram45
    hi samboram,
    thanks m8,
    yes,deffo thinking about long run atm.
    stepped up to £5.50,s tonight,so moving in the right direction.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £198.26):
    nice to c u on the 5.50 tables run good,beat the game not the c4p u have the game 4 the mission if you dont make it i'm giving the game up.
    Posted by frascati
    hi frascati,
    thanks m8,
    nice words & deffo appreciated.
    "wot u going 2 do instead of poker then?   lol
    best wishes.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  57
    part 2...

lost £24.35

b/roll £170.91 (+£130.20)

c4p  386
    total 3584 = £53.96 to come

where to begin...
    started off playing a few £3 & £2 & £1 games...
    didn,t start well,down around £30 or so so decided to add a couple of £5,s into the mix.
    lost a few more and i,m guessing  i was around £60-££80 down.
    oh no!!! been here b4 haven,t we.
    thought about stopping and watching the football?
    no.
    loaded up as many £5 games as possible....
    must have had 13-15 going at one point.
    anyway,..
    managed to grind back some of the damage,and very happy to only finish £24 down in the end,
    if you can ever be happy at losing £24.
    happy with c4p too..
    got 2b most i,ve ever earnt in 1 session.

so,all in all.an eventfull night.
    even finished session just in time to watch the penelties at the football.
    can,t believe Ronaldo didn,t even get the chance to take one...oooops!

back tomorrow 4 another episode...
    wonder what lies ahead there?
    nite all.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Dev,

Sorry to hear of your downbeat on moving up a level. And despite your initial reaction nice to see you are still giving it a go. Let's hope the 2nd half of tonight represents the way forward. True grit.
  • edited June 2012

In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £198.26):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £198.26) : hi frascati, thanks m8, nice words & deffo appreciated. "wot u going 2 do instead of poker then?   lol best wishes. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Hi,

Good luck with your goals.
    I think your game is much stronger than when i first played you and so no reason why you can't achieve your aims.
    Min raising a lot, confused when you did that from utg playing 1400 at 200/400 and then folded to all in! Must have known you were going to treble up next hand with top set!
    You're becoming one of the most difficult opponents, grrr
    Regards
    Jac

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £170.91):
    Hi Dev, Sorry to hear of your downbeat on moving up a level. And despite your initial reaction nice to see you are still giving it a go. Let's hope the 2nd half of tonight represents the way forward. True grit.
    Posted by GELDY
    hi GELDY,
    cheers m8,
    yeah,been a bit up & down lately,but always knew this was going 2b the case.
    it,s tough some days m8 but hopefully will all be worth it,in the end.
    i know i always post straight after each session,regardless of the result,and i always tell it as it is,or at least how it is 4me anyway.
    so if i sometimes say the wrong thing or possibly offend anyone,then i apologise to them,as it certainly isn,t intentional.
    yes,what is now last night could turn out 2b a key moment in this mission.
    playing so many tables @ the £5 level came right out of the blue,so to speak,& certainly was never planned.
    even though i finished the session down money wise,i hope that i,ve taken a big step forward regarding what may be coming next.
    obviously i can,t see into the future,but i,m pretty sure things are now about to change completely.
    the next day or three will hold all the answers.
    i,m excited for the 1st time since this mission impossible started,& also a little apprehensive maybe too.
    of course i could be completely wrong,but let,s not go there 4 now.
    worse case scenario,i end up losing my initial £40,best case...£1000 coming my way.it,s that simple.
    (* *)
       "
       ^
    dev

• edited June 2012
    You can have my run good for what it is worth if you want.I am not using it just now.
    Hope you run golden for the rest of the month ;-).
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £198.26) : Hi, Good luck with your goals. I think your game is much stronger than when i first played you and so no reason why you can't achieve your aims. Min raising a lot, confused when you did that from utg playing 1400 at 200/400 and then folded to all in! Must have known you were going to treble up next hand with top set! You're becoming one of the most difficult opponents, grrr Regards Jac
    Posted by Jac35
    hi jac,
    thanks 4 the nice comments m8.
    yeah,i,m still making plenty of mistakes i,m sure,but i do hopefully learn from them.
    another i made y,day...bubble,i,m 3rd, shortie goes all-in. i was going 2 call with k3 i think, but big stack went all-in b4 me so i figured he must have something?  so i fold. big stack has something like 8 5?
    shortie wins hand & doubles up,i,m out nxt hand or so...lost £10...gutted as i would have won that hand with my king pairing.
    anyway,lesson learnt...go with your instincts...no matter what.
    possibly see you at the tables later,
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £170.91):
    You can have my run good for what it is worth if you want.I am not using it just now. Hope you run golden for the rest of the month ;-).
    Posted by belsibub
    ty m8,
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Keep it up Dev your getting there mate.

Gary
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Ian, 

Am ok thanks m8, i just needed a bit more time away i was getting a bit stale & making some bad calls :-( .But the footballs finished now we are out so its back to the poker. Spent last night hitting the refresh button & watching Tikays amazing progress in the WSOP. 

Hope you are soon back on track m8 & you go back to getting the results you deserve. 
    Chat soon buddy.

Take care & good luck Dev