You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £170.91):
    Keep it up Dev your getting there mate. Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    thanks Gary,
    hope so m8,getting plenty of practise anyway.
    i,ll give the £5,s another go tonight,so will report later.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £170.91):
    Hi Ian,  Am ok thanks m8, i just needed a bit more time away i was getting a bit stale & making some bad calls :-( .But the footballs finished now we are out so its back to the poker. Spent last night hitting the refresh button & watching Tikays amazing progress in the WSOP.  Hope you are soon back on track m8 & you go back to getting the results you deserve.  Chat soon buddy. Take care & good luck Dev
    Posted by Woogie8688
    hi m8,
    glad u r ok...
    was getting a bit worried.
    football was about the usual 4 us wasn,t it.be better if they just tossed a coin.   lol
    best wishes,
    ian
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  58

lost £9.50

b/roll £161.41 (+£120.70)

c4p   196
    total  4050 = £64.80 to come

played £5 games for the 2nd night running.
    stopped early as i don,t want to push my luck.   lol
    nice to reach 4000 c4p for the 1st time...
    just hoping i can keep b/roll around the £150 mark & will then feel a little more comfortable when c4p arrive.

happy playing at this level even though i know i am ideally well under bankrolled for it.
    still,feel i am making progress with my game & know there is still room for improvement.
    i will stay at £5 level and only drop down levels if my b/roll drop's below £100.

back tomorrow,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    DAY  59

won £13.50

hooooray.

b/roll £174.91 (+£134.20)

c4p   115
    total  4165 = £66.64 to come

short session as got slight headache.
    happy with the WIN.
    back tomorrow.
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £161.41).....hanging in there:
    DAY  59 won £13.50 hooooray. b/roll £174.91 (+£134.20) c4p   115 total  4165 = £66.64 to come short session as got slight headache. happy with the WIN. back tomorrow. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Your going real well gonna take something special to carch you up.

Keep it going

Gary

• edited June 2012
    ty Gary,
    will be interesting if i can keep playing £5,s how many c4p i could get next month?
    best wishes m8
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Keep er goin lad.Bouncebackability isnt that what they say.Run well m8
    Paul
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £174.91).....hanging in there:
    Keep er goin lad.Bouncebackability isnt that what they say.Run well m8 Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    thanks Paul,
    1 day at a time m8,1 day at a time.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    DAY  60

won £23.20

b/roll £198.11 (+£157.40)

c4p   388
    total  4553 = £72.85 to come

played £5 games again 12 tables.
    happy with the WIN again....hoooooray.:)

nice finish to the month,
    looking forward to nxt month.

won £89.80 this month,(including may,s c4p £50.50)
    got june c4p to come £72.85
    got 2b happy.

keeeeeeep grinding.
    & good luck in july.

(* *)
       "
       ^
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    I reckon u have got your tactics spot on now reduced number ov tables correct buy in level I think you will find it better against the regs here. Run good in July cu @ the tables tonight be care its Sunday!
    Next month with c4p br=£450 is my guess @ your br
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£198.11)...+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray:
    I reckon u have got your tactics spot on now reduced number ov tables correct buy in level I think you will find it better against the regs here. Run good in July cu @ the tables tonight be care its Sunday! Next month with c4p br=£450 is my guess @ your br
    Posted by frascati
    hi m8,
    thanks for the nice comments.
    yes,it,s taken a while but i deffo think i am at last playing the correct level 4 me & also got the number of tables under control too.
    going to treat myself to a day off from playing today,as it,s the football final tonight.
    going 2b interesting to see just how many c4p i can rack up this month but my main priority is to obviously try and get as many winning sessions in as possible.
    still a long way to go but as long as i run ok i,m now confident this mission has every chance of being successful.
    i like your guess of £450 for b/roll nxt month,sounds good to me.
    best wishes & run well yourself.
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    Nice one Ian
    Never in doubt really ! :-)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£198.11)...+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray:
    Nice one Ian Never in doubt really ! :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    hi Mick,
    thanks m8.
    very true buddy,just had a few bumps along the way.  lol
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Devon,

New to the SkyPoker Forums/Blogs, not so new to the tables but for some reason I have always been ignorant to the forums... that WILL change I promise myself!!

I am figuring out a similar challenge myself with a £50 BR, my bankroll management and patience must improve first though, so for now I will follow your challenge with great interest.

Best of luck at the tables Devon and I hope you continue to run well!!

Aaron (Jacksn5s)
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Devon, New to the SkyPoker Forums/Blogs, not so new to the tables but for some reason I have always been ignorant to the forums... that WILL change I promise myself!! I am figuring out a similar challenge myself with a £50 BR, my bankroll management and patience must improve first though, so for now I will follow your challenge with great interest. Best of luck at the tables Devon and I hope you continue to run well!! Aaron (Jacksn5s)
    Posted by Jacksn5s
    hi Aaron,
    thanks m8.
    yes,b/roll management is certainly v important as without it doesn,t matter how good u r ,almost certain 2 go bust.
    patience too is something that u can learn so no worries 4u there.
    hope you manage 2 build up your b/roll too.
    funny enough i started off with just £50,now am up just over £1000 atm.will be £1800 up once i complete this mission.
    best wishes m8,
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    DAY  62

lost £6.00

b/roll £192.11 (+£151.40) +£72.85 c4p to come

c4p 160

played ok,lost 5 of last 6 games,disappointing but no damage done.
    shortish session,
    not really in the mood tonight.
    also,games that i,d paid 2 play in were not loading up 2 play,kept saying there was an error & i should phone customer services.
    then table would try loading again.this was happening quite alot i must say,buy tbf all games did eventually load up and i managed 2 play them all.
    this is the 1st time this has happened 2 me & let,s hope the last.
    i also gather that plenty of other players also were having problems tonight, so the problem is clearly with sky.
    let,s hope that this is only going 2b 4 1 night only.

back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    New to the forum, just spent the last hour reading through this thread.

Must say, very entertaining. Best of luck on your on going mission, look forward to reading more updates.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£192.11)...+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray:
    New to the forum, just spent the last hour reading through this thread. Must say, very entertaining. Best of luck on your on going mission, look forward to reading more updates.
    Posted by Leeboy180
    hi Leeboy,
    thanks m8.
    glad u enjoyed it.
    funny enough i read through it from beggining on sunday,as i wasn,t playing that day,and it did take as u say about an hour,surprising just how much there is to read.
    as i am playing £5 games atm,i,m sure that there will be plenty to write about over the nxt month,so i,ll try and keep it going.it,s just a shame that i,m now not keeping track of no. of games won & lost due to the fact that i,m now playing so many tables & simply haven,t got the time to stop & write down my results as i have done during play up until i started playing £5,s anyway.
    also,i did find that i was in the end making the odd mistake doing this which meant that the totals didn,t always marry up,so it became quite a dificult job getting the totals correct,so perphaps i,m  glad in some ways that i am no longer keeping track of games played.
    i,m just wondering if anyone may know of another easier way that i could find out number of games played each day,also numbers won & lost?.
    i don,t have sharkscope btw,thanks.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    DAY  63

raining....again,so no work.

lost £19.70

b/roll £172.41 (+£131.70)

c4p   121
    total  281

played bad so no complaints.
    lost connection with 12 tables running...
    so knew it wasn,t going 2b my morning.   lol
    anyway,managed to get 2 going  and fortunately won both,even though only £2 & £3 games,helped save session somewhat.
    spoke to cc & a nice man called Paul dealt with the lost connection problem.he phoned me back as he said he would within 10 mins,and he reimbursed me all buy-ins that i had just paid in.
    so thank you Paul & sky poker.
    got to expect some bigger swings as am now mainly playing £5 atm,but played a few lower this morning as playing so bad.
    back tonight & hopefully will play better.!!!
    best wishes anyway to everyone,even to all the players taking my money off me this morning.  lol
    you all know who you are.? lol
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    keep it going m8 & with Fri's c4p  will be looking well healthy :-)
    just shows the volume you were playing, I was playing mostly £11 & only got £51 to come.
    The odd tourney win has helped tho & think I got the motivation back now so time for us both to push on upwards :-) 
     Have a good month m8 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£172.41)..+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray:
    keep it going m8 & with Fri's c4p  will be looking well healthy :-) just shows the volume you were playing, I was playing mostly £11 & only got £51 to come. The odd tourney win has helped tho & think I got the motivation back now so time for us both to push on upwards :-)   Have a good month m8 
    Posted by Woogie8688
    hi Mike,
    thanks m8.
    yes,c4p can,t come quick enough 4 me atm.
    not playing as well as i would like but still hanging in there so to speak.
    hope u have a good month as well m8.
    ian
  • edited July 2012
    i noticed you disconnected this morning. same happened to me but i got back on ok.
  • edited July 2012
    DAY  63
    part 2....

lost £54.50

b/roll £117.91 (+£77.20)

c4p   295
    total  576 = £4.61

played ok
    ran as bad as usual atm.
    no complaints as i know it works both ways.
    will have to drop down a level tomorrow,me thinks.
    bit frustrating as all my hard work is slipping away from me atm.
    need c4p badly and some good run would be most welcome.
    whatever happens ,happens,i guess.
    just seems that everything is against me atm.
    but no worries as i know things can change around just as easily....lol
    just a joke all the hands i am losing to, tonight anyway.
    i,m down ....
    again.you,d think i,d be used to it by now,wouldn,t you?  lol
    always knew this mission would have it,s ups & downs as i,ve always said,but it does test you sometimes
    especially when it feels like you have done nothing wrong.
    anyway,
    tomorrow,s another day & nobody,s died,so will be back for some more punishment.  lol
    think i,ll make a cup of tea & dunk some chocolate biscuits in....
    might help a bit i suppose.  lol
    night all,
    hope u had a good night...
    i had 1 once.  lol
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£172.41)..+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray:
    DAY  63 part 2.... lost £54.50 b/roll £117.91 (+£77.20) c4p   295 total  576 = £4.61 played ok ran as bad as usual atm. no complaints as i know it works both ways. will have to drop down a level tomorrow,me thinks. bit frustrating as all my hard work is slipping away from me atm. need c4p badly and some good run would be most welcome. whatever happens ,happens,i guess. just seems that everything is against me atm. but no worries as i know things can change around just as easily....lol just a joke all the hands i am losing to, tonight anyway. i,m down .... again.you,d think i,d be used to it by now,wouldn,t you?  lol always knew this mission would have it,s ups & downs as i,ve always said,but it does test you sometimes especially when it feels like you have done nothing wrong. anyway, tomorrow,s another day & nobody,s died,so will be back for some more punishment.  lol think i,ll make a cup of tea & dunk some chocolate biscuits in.... might help a bit i suppose.  lol night all, hope u had a good night... i had 1 once.  lol :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Dev i know what its like running bad is just one of them things, at least you were playing within your bank roll unlike some people........

Good luck

Gary

• edited July 2012
    Hi Devfish

I've played against you several times and your game looks solid so hang in there till the run good turns up.

GL with your challenge.

achill.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£172.41)..+£72.85 c4p to come....hoooooray : Dev i know what its like running bad is just one of them things, at least you were playing within your bank roll unlike some people........ Good luck Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    cheers m8,
    yeah,horrible though isn,t it,
    wouldn,t mind but felt that i,d played ok.
    never mind another day so will decide what 2 do laters.
    gl  m8
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£117,91)+£72.85 c4p to come. yeah,lost again!!!:
    Hi Devfish I've played against you several times and your game looks solid so hang in there till the run good turns up. GL with your challenge. achill.
    Posted by achill
    hi achill,
    thanks m8,
    another day another $
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    Time to be positive Ian, 

Choose which level you do best at for the volume of games you play. If I was you I would be playing on the £2/£3 You know you are playing ok & its just a case of ironing out the varience. Play the volume you are, the results will come back with the confidence.You are good enough to beat this m8.
    Take care & run good Dev
  • edited July 2012

Hi Dev
    Great posts shame its going the wrong way at the moment, best of luck.
    You always do what i did, move house lol.
    Since i moved in April after not really getting anywhere on the tables i put £100 in my account and thought i would only play £10 and £5 mtts and its seemed to work. Now in profit:) 4th April was -£1400ish now after just playing sensible poker, lol +£240.
    Good luck Jon
    Volume 550 mtts.

• edited July 2012
    play £2/£3 level

if you play £5 level, lower volume of tables

maybe playing lots of tables at once at £2/£3 level is not a problem, but £5 maybe a little tougher to play optimumly on the bubble acroos a lot of tables

think if your jumping up to £5 level, remember a level you have not beaten you may need to adjust slightly