You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

Comments

• edited August 2009
    excellent idea occy
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    excellent idea occy
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    I second this.

I thought about this before and think it will be hard to do. They would need to stick with a table for a decent time. And unless they did so from the start of a tourney, the first hands would not bear in mind previous hands.

--------------------

Perhaps they could have an hour or so showing a recording of an expert playing in a SNG or MTT, showing every game (speeded when needed), showing all cards (although they can only see theirs, of course), constantly talking, explaining their moves, thought process and range they give their opponents. More time to act would be needed, and making it clear if people showed their hands.

I want to see how they play AJ UTG. I want to see how they play a flush draw. I want to see how the past influences their moves, etc.

In all honesty, even though I understand they don't have much time, I sometimes feel I could commentate better than some of them.
  • edited August 2009
    Just a revamp IMO, change the graphics and stuff for a change!
  • edited October 2009
    My idea for show on sky poker. now and then - a new show were sky poker player can ask for a mtt or sitorgo for when than started with sky poker and a newer mtt or sitorgo so that the sky poker expert, can tell where you got better and where you still need to get better.

HOOPS70
  • edited October 2009

What makes Sky think that the wider community is not interested in EPT & Vegas Qualifiers? - These tourneys work well on other sites so the poker "Market" in general is interested in these. Probably more useable if sky are running 1 in 5 qualifiers in a step up program (i don't remember how the Vegas ones ran but im sure if there were low level step ups then i would have had a go at qualifying)

• edited October 2009
    What makes Sky think that the wider community is not interested in EPT & Vegas Qualifiers? - These tourneys work well on other sites so the poker "Market" in general is interested in these. Probably more useable if sky are running 1 in 5 qualifiers in a step up program (i don't remember how the Vegas ones ran but im sure if there were low level step ups then i would have had a go at qualifying)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    EPT is tied up with a rival site.. Vegas is a bit different. I think somewhere else on the forum TK has touched on this subject.
  • edited October 2009
    Can we have a tournament with only the sky presenters involved, (maybe a bounty hunter)?
    Whoever gets knocked out could commentate. Could be a Christmas special. It would be interesting to see if Richard gets further than TK or if Michelle could beat the lads.
  • edited November 2009
    Would be interesting to see a monthly 6 seated play the presenter/analyst where there are 5 presenter/analyst's and a player picked to play against them.

• edited November 2009
    Naked presenters after midnight
  • edited November 2009
    No problems in the actual shows, my only suggestion would be to fill in the gaps and stop showing countless repeats ! lol
  • edited November 2009

week day mornings, any chance instead of the repeating advert, every 5 mins or so, we could have a poker school or some highlights from the week of real hands?

I like to have sky poker on in the morning whilst getting ready for work, so much better than the depressing news or that god awful noise called music these days?  Some real hands being discussed or the poker school on an hourly loop or so would be most welcome.

• edited November 2009
    I'd like to see the 865 freeroll every week?  I'll play properly this time I swear
  • edited November 2009
    For a guest I think you should get Frank McAvennie on the show.   Not only was he a star for West Ham Utd, Celtic and Scotland he is a legend of the park.

He is great larger than life character. You would need to do the show without any of the lovely ladies, to allow him to be asked his catch phrase - "where's the burds?"
  • edited December 2009
    i think theres enough action through the day or week to play insted of repeating shows every hour, it doesnt need presenters on the television but even if it is just comentry, and ill be a great comentater but if you dont pick me i think david attenbrough is the man for the job!!
  • edited January 2010
    Naked presenters after midnight
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    You SURELY had the girls in mind here, Graham, and NOT Mr. Tony Kendall. Well, let's hope so anyway.

If so, I think it's an excellent idea. And one which I will bring up at the next Gender Equality in the Workplace meeting. I think the ladies of the office will fully appreciate my enlightened suggestion.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : You SURELY had the girls in mind here, Graham, and NOT Mr. Tony Kendall. Well, let's hope so anyway. If so, I think it's an excellent idea. And one which I will bring up at the next Gender Equality in the Workplace meeting. I think the ladies of the office will fully appreciate my enlightened suggestion.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    And THIS is why Team Orford is the way Forward!
  • edited January 2010
    ive got a suggestion............................can i please have a job????

as mines real dull and boring!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Any chance of showing more 'live' action in the daytime???
  • edited February 2010
    We keep seeing the presenters talking about hand betting when all hands are open, why not try setting them up with blind hands like real play and see how they do, intersting!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    ideas hey!!... dont know if anyone else has said this but, could you not put some live poker games on, for example show live final tables of specific tounramnets??and give hand analysis live, of course you would have to NOT show the cards untill the hand is played,

or maybe ya already do this, ??...not to sure as im quite new still at the moment, but enjoy watching the shows....

Speak later pokerpeeps.

• edited February 2010
    We keep seeing the presenters talking about hand betting when all hands are open, why not try setting them up with blind hands like real play and see how they do, intersting!!!!
    Posted by lowlife
    YES WOULD BE VERY INTERESTING....
  • edited March 2010
    Two words...

Indian Poker

Anyone in the Luton G at 3am on Saturday night/Sunday morning will agree.
  • edited March 2010
    Two words... Indian Poker Anyone in the Luton G at 3am on Saturday night/Sunday morning will agree.
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    +1 including forfits imo lol
  • edited March 2010
    Hi folks, 2 things that have definitly got worse with the Sky Poker channel over the last few months.
    1/ There used to be a live show every night for the open / primo etc. Now it only seems to be 2 or 3 times a week. I'm guessing that's all down to cost, but it was so much more watchable, and the chance to see your hand was always a draw.
    2. Live players in the studio. I went down to Feltham a year or so ago, and played the Saturday night even in the studio with occasional chats to the presenters. I have to say that of all my Sky Poker experiences, it was the best (and I'm including a number of decent wins in that).

Just my 2p.
  • edited April 2010
    I would love to see more LIVE games every day of the week

instead of all the REPEATS that keep being shown.

This would encourage me &  i`m sure a lot more people to

watch your very entertaining but very repetitive Sky 865.

Many Thanks  Steve......
  • edited April 2010
    Could you show some hands with just one players hole cards face up.  When all the cards are face up it's quite obvious what each player should do, and how much they should bet.  Not so easy when you can only see your own cards.

This style, together with the analysis from your team, would help my game (hopefully)
  • edited April 2010

Replacing Richard Orford with a glamour model in skimpy clothes

Seriously though as said before far to many repeats

• edited April 2010

Hi All

Unfortunately we have had to reduce the number of nights we go live since last year, however over the next year we are going to try and increase the variety of programmes we put out. This could possibly include live tournaments, Omaha coverage etc. Problems this end are all technical in regards to the studio and how we can show hands on our consoles.

Guests are always welcome in the studio you just need to leave your details on the 'Be On The Show' thread under The Sky Poker TV Channel section. You can also email in at skyopen@bskyb.com

Please keep sending your ideas in and I will get back to you all asap!

• edited April 2010
    I posted this in another thread but here it is again

On another point Mandy/Clare ..what would be a good idea latter in the year is  to run a series  team league
    for example ..teams of  four  play .. 5/6 players a team ,with  captain who can rotate players as and when available .. maybe play one a fortnight .. 10 - 15 games .. entry  fee split ( maybe £10 - £15) so's 75% payed on the night ,  with the other 25% shared by the top 3  teams at the end of the series ..
    (or something along  those lines  ask  Rich or TK  for their view for next winter maybe) 

Oh almost  forgot , Skypoker to  add a sweetner forthe the first  and 5th  games + add a bonus for the winning team !!!  (what ?)
  • edited April 2010
    I posted this in another thread but here it is again On another point Mandy/Clare ..what would be a good idea latter in the year is  to run a series  team league for example ..teams of  four  play .. 5/6 players a team ,with  captain who can rotate players as and when available .. maybe play one a fortnight .. 10 - 15 games .. entry  fee split ( maybe £10 - £15) so's 75% payed on the night ,  with the other 25% shared by the top 3  teams at the end of the series .. (or something along  those lines  ask  Rich or TK  for their view for next winter maybe)  Oh almost  forgot , Skypoker to  add a sweetner forthe the first  and 5th  games + add a bonus for the winning team !!!  (what ?)
    Posted by bennydip2
    We used to do something similar called Stacked-Up which was very popular. We will be pushing these sorts of ideas through from July (our new financial year) so I will let you know more then