You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

12346»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : All programmes should be series linked. Obviously we are the same company as Sky, but its more human error then anything else. Trust me its a monthly nag I do, but will continue and hopefully it will get sorted, especially with the new programmes which will all be a 1 hour shows plus part of a series
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Thank you Claire Looking forward to the show.

• edited January 2012

It's Saturday night.  I'm watching Top of the Pots and Anna is wearing the most gorgeous earrings - you know the ones - four huge crystal pendants in oval settings cascading from each ear!!

The problem is your producer.  He/she keeps cutting away to show us yet more cash poker hands (as if we didn't get enough of those).  Worse, we have Scotty getting more camera time than Anna.  All he can do is rabbit on about the hands.  He isn't wearing any earrings and wouldn't suit them anyway.

My suggestions for improving this show are:

1.  Get rid of Scotty.  (Sorry, Scotty, but you just can't compete.)
    2.  Get rid of the poker hands.  (They're just a distraction.)
    3.  Devote the whole hour to slow-motion shots of Anna shaking her head and playing with her earrings.

Anyone agree?

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....Anna's Earrings:
    It's Saturday night.  I'm watching Top of the Pots and Anna is wearing the most gorgeous earrings - you know the ones - four huge crystal pendants in oval settings cascading from each ear!! The problem is your producer.  He/she keeps cutting away to show us yet more cash poker hands (as if we didn't get enough of those).  Worse, we have Scotty getting more camera time than Anna.  All he can do is rabbit on about the hands.  He isn't wearing any earrings and wouldn't suit them anyway. My suggestions for improving this show are: 1.  Get rid of Scotty.  (Sorry, Scotty, but you just can't compete.) 2.  Get rid of the poker hands.  (They're just a distraction.) 3.  Devote the whole hour to slow-motion shots of Anna shaking her head and playing with her earrings. Anyone agree?
    Posted by metaraptor
    LOL shame it was Stuart Rutter not Scotty77........... those earrings must of really put you off!
  • edited February 2012

SPT courage - seeing some the of the hands playing out on final table.

maybe a video section on the website to watch pervidous shows.

• edited February 2012
    big bluster started a thread in the general poker chat about telephone guest what yous use to do a few years back I think it would be a great idea if yous brought that back say for example the sunday night primo get two guests so both guests are being compettitve to out do one another on the show would be great fun to take part and also watch keep ut to date how the guests do.

but also loving the new shows keep up the gd work sky
  • edited March 2012
    Long time watcher of Sky Poker Channel but only just joined the site....first post so go easy on me ! 

Wish list

1. More live poker ! Watched the UK cash game a while ago and made a nice change to online poker ...listening to the banter and seeing the players reactions , with witty commentary , Think UKIPT on C4 ...live play is much more entertaining im sure a few hours a week wouldn't be asking too much

2. Invite Luke Schwartz back asap ! The guy is so entertaining its unreal

3. keep up the good work ...the advice given by TK, Carlo, Trevor etc is invaluable and has improved my game no end...both informative and easily explained all do an excellent job 

• edited March 2012
    big bluster started a thread in the general poker chat about telephone guest what yous use to do a few years back I think it would be a great idea if yous brought that back say for example the sunday night primo get two guests so both guests are being compettitve to out do one another on the show would be great fun to take part and also watch keep ut to date how the guests do. but also loving the new shows keep up the gd work sky
    Posted by liamboi11
    We are hoping to test our new set next week, which will provide an area for people to play live HU. This would be great to get some of the players in from home to take part. More news to follow soon, but thank you for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the new shows!
  • edited December 2012
    Long time watcher of Sky Poker Channel but only just joined the site....first post so go easy on me !  Wish list 1. More live poker ! Watched the UK cash game a while ago and made a nice change to online poker ...listening to the banter and seeing the players reactions , with witty commentary , Think UKIPT on C4 ...live play is much more entertaining im sure a few hours a week wouldn't be asking too much 2. Invite Luke Schwartz back asap ! The guy is so entertaining its unreal 3. keep up the good work ...the advice given by TK, Carlo, Trevor etc is invaluable and has improved my game no end...both informative and easily explained all do an excellent job 
    Posted by flashbang9
    Hear, hear! Sky Poker is not nearly as addictive as it used to be, now nearly all the live shows have gone. :-(
  • edited January 2013
    My idea for the channel would be picking a cash table from the site and following it for a decent amount of time ,an hour would be excellent.The reason i think this would be good is that we could see exactly how the competent cash players grind away at the cash tables.

I would not have any of the cards covered so that we could see how players play from every position and all the moves that they make.Even if this was shown at off peak times with no commentary i still think it would be a valuable learning session for players who want to improve.
  • edited January 2013
    I have 2 suggestions for the show...

1. the post in section, where you win seats into tournies... ''your most embarrassing jobs''

2. 4 studio tournies at the end of the year. one for the high stakes. one for med stakes, one for small stakes.. with a final table with the top 2 from each session winning seats. Satallites into a main monthly tournie. with the top 6 from each month battling it out in a semi final with top 6 reaching the studio final... cash prizes for runners up online (dependant on field), win cash prizes at the studio end of the tournies....
  • edited January 2013
    Dear Sky TVcrew

I appreciate that you have to show repeats (because of only 3 live nights) but I seem to see the same ones over and over again. Surely you must now have a vast bank of old shows to choose from.

Having said that, i could watch any show with Neil Channing on it till the cows come home. And do when it is endlessly repeated.

Ask Anna and Richard not to interrupt the experts when they are pontificating. Most of them are too polite to continue talking over the interruption and their pearls of wisdom are invariable lost.

Regards

Peter
  • edited January 2013
    Bring back the old format,where the main event and mini event are shown on TV with an analyst and presenter from 8 pm to end of game!

At least once a week,maybe Saturday,should attract 600+ players,did a few years ago! Thats what got me hooked to Sky Poker!
  • edited January 2013
    Bring back the old format,where the main event and mini event are shown on TV with an analyst and presenter from 8 pm to end of game! At least once a week,maybe Saturday,should attract 600+ players,did a few years ago! Thats what got me hooked to Sky Poker!
    Posted by wynne1938
    +1
  • edited January 2013
    Bring back the old format,where the main event and mini event are shown on TV with an analyst and presenter from 8 pm to end of game! At least once a week,maybe Saturday,should attract 600+ players,did a few years ago! Thats what got me hooked to Sky Poker!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Same here, this was suggested by many people mnths back when sky asked for opinions on the new format.

Probs won't happen which is a shame as it would also help attract new players to sky :(
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Sky Poker

Apologies if these questions have already been asked:

1) Chances of Sky Poker TV in HD?
    2) Chances of Sky Poker TV on Sky Go?
    3) Sky Sports Cash Game on SS3 was brilliant, chances of repeating this on the Sky Poker Channel? and maybe other similar shows?
    4) Congrats on signing up Charlotte Jackson, is this because anyone else is leaving (Anna, Sarah, Richard, James?)
    5) Would it be possible to datestamp the SP watermark for the daytime repeats?
  • edited February 2013
    Whatever happened to 'The Manhattan'? (just having flashbacks to old shows haha)

• edited March 2013
    I enjoy your coverage of the SPT but every time I wonder why you don't show actual play.  I would have thought it would be relatively cheap, you wouldn't need go for a full rig (if you did, all the better), just RFID tables, some table mounted cameras and a couple of announcers in a cupboard somewhere should do the trick.  You could stream the event live, gaining interest from that but you could also intersperse the current coverage of interviews with this content, maybe padding it out to 2-3 hours, rather than the current 1. 
  • edited April 2013
    hi. i would love to see more opportunities to enter other live events from the £10,000 buy in for the WSOP to a smaller live event like a £50 buy in spt to give online players a chance to play live as for a lot of us £200 and £500  buy in is just a bit to far out of our bankroll to get in on the good action live events.

love the site and the people ,
    it is a grate place to play.
    keep up the good work.
  • edited April 2013
    up to date schedule
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by wynne1938
    +1

You could also have a 4hr timed tourney we could follow from start to finish on the show. I rarely watch the live shows now but hardly ever missed the old format.