You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I love the 'Poker Talk' features occasionally shown on the channel, but some new faces would be preferable. Getting as many as you could to talk when eg. at a Sky SPT Event would be a good idea, even if they only said a few words.

It would be very useful to know what games/levels they play on Sky Poker and what times/days they play on the site, so wold you please ask that question.

However would you please display their Sky names on the screen when a person is shown, this is the most important thing, as its good to put faces to the names we see on the site.

The 'My Name Is...' feature is also good for the same reasons.
  • edited May 2011
    less repeats more ian frazer and carlos
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Bring Back the virtual table!:
    I'm new to sky poker .com and TV and I have seen previously on TV and on adverts the virtual table where the presenters stand next to the cards and discuss please bring it bac Gary pierce aka dagoose
    Posted by dagoose
    Hi Gary

Unfortunately this was in our old studio where we had a virtual set so not possible.

Sorry
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Sky Poker Talk Feature:
    I love the 'Poker Talk' features occasionally shown on the channel, but some new faces would be preferable. Getting as many as you could to talk when eg. at a Sky SPT Event would be a good idea, even if they only said a few words. It would be very useful to know what games/levels they play on Sky Poker and what times/days they play on the site, so wold you please ask that question. However would you please display their Sky names on the screen when a person is shown, this is the most important thing, as its good to put faces to the names we see on the site. The 'My Name Is...' feature is also good for the same reasons.
    Posted by ZZCop
    Hi ZZCop

Thanks for the feedback. We are starting filming some new Poker Talk episodes over the next few months, especially with more poker pro's in Europe for the WSOPE.
    We love filming the 'My Name Is' at SPT's but unfortunately people go a little camera shy so not always as easy to get as you would think. Great idea to have the information on what levels/ games they play so we will throw that into the list of questions when we do future shoots.
    All the names of the players are at the start of each video, if not they mention it in the intro.

Thanks
  • edited July 2011
    The last few weeks i have been watching yout thursday night programme for the £12000 bh AND SKY ROLLER and have noticed you seem to be showing less and less hands ,also combining the 2 tourneys gives the viewer no real story of how the touneys are going.
    Also a lot o fthe time you have finished before the tourney finishes , i understand you have a certain time limit on sky sports 4 but surely you could carry on on channel 865.
    Is this programme about the hands played and the tourney or what the presenter ate for breakfast?
    Dont get me wrong ,i love the banter but it is going on far to long .
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to To much talking not enough poker!:
    The last few weeks i have been watching yout thursday night programme for the £12000 bh AND SKY ROLLER and have noticed you seem to be showing less and less hands ,also combining the 2 tourneys gives the viewer no real story of how the touneys are going. Also a lot o fthe time you have finished before the tourney finishes , i understand you have a certain time limit on sky sports 4 but surely you could carry on on channel 865. Is this programme about the hands played and the tourney or what the presenter ate for breakfast? Dont get me wrong ,i love the banter but it is going on far to long .
    Posted by jonjo75
    Hi jonjo75

Its obviously very hard to keep the correct balance between entertainment and poker, plus keep everyone happy. Also a lot depends on the guest and the talent that sit behind the desk.

In regards to staying on air, we cannot do this longer then the 4 hours on Sky Poker or the 2 hours on Sky Sports due to transmission problems, crew hours, talent hours, Tikay needs his sleep etc :)

Really appreciate your feedback

Thanks
  • edited August 2011
    I was just discussing with my girlfriend earlier... whatever happened to the thing that used to happen on channel 865 (I think it was a while ago, with the old set) where you would get someone on the show and they would play a tournament live on the show and the presenter would get updates on how they're doing. I think I seen one once with John McCririck playing one of the main events.

It was when I was new to the sky poker channel so I don't remember some of the people involved but I also vaguely remember seeing ljamesl and possible Dantb doing something similar aswell. It might have been something where they all played cash sessions for a set amount of time and saw who could make the biggest profit. Either way I thought that was really good, I guess it's just the struggle of getting people to take the time out and come on the show to play...
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel....:
    I was just discussing with my girlfriend earlier... whatever happened to the thing that used to happen on channel 865 (I think it was a while ago, with the old set) where you would get someone on the show and they would play a tournament live on the show and the presenter would get updates on how they're doing. I think I seen one once with John McCririck playing one of the main events. It was when I was new to the sky poker channel so I don't remember some of the people involved but I also vaguely remember seeing ljamesl and possible Dantb doing something similar aswell. It might have been something where they all played cash sessions for a set amount of time and saw who could make the biggest profit. Either way I thought that was really good, I guess it's just the struggle of getting people to take the time out and come on the show to play...
    Posted by Lambert180
    They had to stop having studio guests playing when they moved studios due to space issues.  I'm sure there were plans for a new studio sometime that would be able to accommodate studio guests.

I too thought it added a lot to the shows having a studio guest playing live.
  • edited August 2011
    Hi

Yes we moved studios and could no longer accommodate a guest in the set. HOWEVER we are moving home in November to a new studio with more space, new set etc. This should mean we can get more guest into the studio but they will mainly be pro players who can offer up tips and advice on your play

Thanks
  • edited August 2011
    We've had the Sky Poker presenter classic
    what about taking on the Sky football/greyhound racing/Cricket/Golf presenters etc.
    Chuck in a different player from the forum as part of the team each tournament
    Hey presto you've got must watch TV for the viewers. Serious bragging rights for the winners and Rupert  might even put a hand in his pocket and divvy up coffee machine for the new studio lol
  • edited September 2011
    It would be nice if i can stem sky poker channel in HD from  sky poker.com. I dont know if you plan to do that but it would be cool 
  • edited September 2011
    How about a show where this pretty old fella who knows his way around a poker table analyses hands each week.  He could have a young, pretty, female presenter help him do the tricky bits, like read the autocue.

Between talking to camera and looking at lobby updates he could change his glasses every 35 seconds.  Once in a while he could call the presenter by the wrong name too for comedy effect.

If he could recall some train related stories from time to time it would be a bonus.

I'd watch it.
  • edited September 2011
    How about a show where this pretty old fella who knows his way around a poker table analyses hands each week.  He could have a young, pretty, female presenter help him do the tricky bits, like read the autocue. Between talking to camera and looking at lobby updates he could change his glasses every 35 seconds.  O nce in a while he could call the presenter by the wrong name too for comedy effect. If he could recall some train related stories from time to time it would be a bonus. I'd watch it.
    Posted by Machka
    It would never work!
    Who could they find who's old, knows about poker, trains and makes a fashion statement?
    Rich Orford doesn't wear glasses!!
  • edited September 2011
    How about a show where some foreign person, Welsh for instance, luck boxes his way to winning the main event and mini-main and bagging a massive jackpot prize.

Too far fetched perhaps?

• edited September 2011
    How about a show where some foreign person, Welsh for instance, luck boxes his way to winning the main event and mini-main and bagging a massive jackpot prize. Too far fetched perhaps?
    Posted by Machka
    Funny enough there is someone fitting that description coming on the channel on the 6th October......... great minds think alike Machka ;)
  • edited September 2011
    hi think it would be brill for a friend list to be added to ur account, just to simply be able to stay in touch with the people u like playing, instead of playing em once and not seeing em again for ages,i fel a friends list with chat would be great ,wud keep a tight community at sky as people can have a conversation when they like without having to go on a table,,,  thanks be nice to hear ur thoughtss thanks
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker:
    hi think it would be brill for a friend list to be added to ur account, just to simply be able to stay in touch with the people u like playing, instead of playing em once and not seeing em again for ages,i fel a friends list with chat would be great ,wud keep a tight community at sky as people can have a conversation when they like without having to go on a table,,,  thanks be nice to hear ur thoughtss thanks
    Posted by craig47
    Hi Craig

This is more general then for the channel.

However if you go under 'My Profile' you can add friends, send personal and group messages etc.

Thanks
  • edited October 2011
    Only been signed up to Sky Poker for a couple of days (my 18th birthday was on Thursday), but have been watching the channel almost from the beginning.

I remember a while ago, there was a show where players would come onto the show, they'd start with a certain amount of money and go onto cash tables, and there was a leaderboard with how much cash they'd made/lost after a couple of hours.

How about running something like this again, but rather than individuals, maybe get several teams (depending on length of series) of 2-4 based on something each member of the team has in common (Home town or football team supported, perhaps?), allow each of them to use a certain amount from their bankroll, and after 1 hour on cash tables, add up how much each member of the team has, have a leaderboard running throughout the series?

Also, what is there any chance of the "old school" studio coming back in the future? I loved the old 3d table thingy, with a couple of studio guests.
  • edited October 2011
    Only been signed up to Sky Poker for a couple of days (my 18th birthday was on Thursday), but have been watching the channel almost from the beginning. I remember a while ago, there was a show where players would come onto the show, they'd start with a certain amount of money and go onto cash tables, and there was a leaderboard with how much cash they'd made/lost after a couple of hours. How about running something like this again, but rather than individuals, maybe get several teams (depending on length of series) of 2-4 based on something each member of the team has in common (Home town or football team supported, perhaps?), allow each of them to use a certain amount from their bankroll, and after 1 hour on cash tables, add up how much each member of the team has, have a leaderboard running throughout the series? Also, what is there any chance of the "old school" studio coming back in the future? I loved the old 3d table thingy, with a couple of studio guests.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Happy Birthday and welcome to Srky Poker.

We are currentl6y looking at the show and aim to make changes in the near future, hopefully this will include some form of league show, but nothing confirmed yet.

We won't be bringing back the old studio design, but will be moving studios in the new year, including having a new set, which will allow more guest to come in plus more options for shows
  • edited November 2011
    Definitely more Poker School stuff is needed... Generally shows that help everyone to improve thei play...

More live shows...Not only in hours to cover Sky tours...

I know that a 24/7 would be difficult, but I think 3-4 hours of live shows a day is fine.

More of UK cash game...
  • edited November 2011
    Definitely more Poker School stuff is needed... Generally shows that help everyone to improve thei play... More live shows...Not only in hours to cover Sky tours... I know that a 24/7 would be difficult, but I think 3-4 hours of live shows a day is fine. More of UK cash game...
    Posted by GreekWay

Thanks for the comments, Greekway. If you could list a bunch of subjects you'd want covering in the Poker School, what kind of things would you like to see?

• edited November 2011
    Definitely more Poker School stuff is needed... Generally shows that help everyone to improve thei play... More live shows...Not only in hours to cover Sky tours... I know that a 24/7 would be difficult, but I think 3-4 hours of live shows a day is fine. More of UK cash game...
    Posted by GreekWay
    Hi GreekWay

We are going through some exciting changes at the channel, which means from February (fingers crossed) we will be in a new studio. This also means a change in some of our programming including more Sky Poker School, UK Cash Game and heaps of other new shows.

Unfortunately this doesnt mean we will be live on anymore nights in the near future, but hopefully with enough demand and an increase in viewing numbers this might be possible at some point

Really appreciate your feedback

Thanks
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Hi GreekWay We are going through some exciting changes at the channel, which means from February (fingers crossed) we will be in a new studio. This also means a change in some of our programming including more Sky Poker School, UK Cash Game and heaps of other new shows. Unfortunately this doesnt mean we will be live on anymore nights in the near future, but hopefully with enough demand and an increase in viewing numbers this might be possible at some point Really appreciate your feedback Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Great stuff to hear. Fingers crossed.

You could just live in the studio guys and be live 24/7..LoL.. It's not all about live shows.You can make many great shows like those you mention and reduce the replays of the same and same shows...

Forgot to mention. Please don't replay any of the live shows 10 times in the following week. It's so boring.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : Great stuff to hear. Fingers crossed. You could just live in the studio guys and be live 24/7..LoL.. It's not all about live shows.You can make many great shows like those you mention and reduce the replays of the same and same shows... Forgot to mention. Please don't replay any of the live shows 10 times in the following week. It's so boring.
    Posted by GreekWay
    I wish we did not have to but unfortunately there is not enough content to fill the schedule. Plus with the great guests we've had on recently alot of people want to see the show again or for the first time
  • edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game. 

For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river.

What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc

In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game.
    I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G.
    cheers

• edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game.  For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river. What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game. I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G. cheers
    Posted by Mahound
    This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
  • edited November 2011
    I think what would make a good slot in a program is to have a sky poker expert play in a game, not just to see him play but to give his thoughts on the game.  For instance when a hand is played. He could tell us why he opted to fold or play a hand. Why he folded, limped, bet or raised etc. why he reraised a bet, why he folded to a raise etc. what his thoughts are on the flop, turn and on the river. What he is putting his opponents on when he bets, or what hands (or range) is he is putting his opponents on when they call, check or bet. What are the styles of his opponents and how does he come to that conclusion etc In other words, to show what the players thought process's in analysing a hands during a game. I think the best way to show this would be in tournament play whether it be a MTT or a S&G. cheers
    Posted by Mahound
    This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Good stuff to hear.

We need more though. Come on Skypoker. You can do it.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... : This is part of our new programming starting in February called 'Analyse My Play'
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Thank you Clair, 
    I hope that is well advertised on here and on the TV channel when it is aired.

While i am on, could you tell me why its not possible to record programs of sky poker on the tv using the series linkbutton ad then record a whole series.  Can sky poker not liase with sky tv to sort this out?

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel.... :  Thank you Clair,  I hope that is well advertised on here and on the TV channel when it is aired. While i am on, could you tell me why its not possible to record programs of sky poker on the tv using the series linkbutton ad then record a whole series.  Can sky poker not liase with sky tv to sort this out?
    Posted by Mahound
    All programmes should be series linked. Obviously we are the same company as Sky, but its more human error then anything else.

Trust me its a monthly nag I do, but will continue and hopefully it will get sorted, especially with the new programmes which will all be a 1 hour shows plus part of a series